F1 1984+

Archive for the three above subforums
FantometteBR

Re: F1 1984+

Post by FantometteBR »

McLaren will spend in increasing reliablity, reduce drag and mechanical grip increase
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

Yay~, upgrades everywhere~!

I'd like to let all teams know that if they wish to publish a scheduled upgrade programme (making upgrade decisions for D&T opportunities after races yet to take place), then this is fine. I know not everyone checks the forum every day, so feel free to 'schedule ahead' with your upgrades if you want, to prevent missing future opportunities!

This wrote:It seems even the overweight ATS can hold its ground on the high speed tracks, and we hope this one engine weight reduction will help them out a bit.
I've no problem with this, but just to make it clear, you have the works BMW engine deal; you're not running BMW itself! It's awfully community-spirited of you to make a directional choice to aid a competing team, but I thought works teams would deliberately set the direction of development to something that would annoy and hinder semi-works teams!

TheFlyingCaterham wrote:Also I'm not quite sure if you did my D&Ts from the between Jacarepagua and Kyalami as you didn't post the results for it.
I'm not sure how, but I completely missed your D&T choices for the first race. Sorry about that. You'll therefore be getting five upgrades rather than three.

Because your upgrades were missed, your cars were entered for Round 2 of the championship in less-competitive state than they should have been. You're welcome to make a case for compensation, which will likely - if financially reasonable - be accepted, but in this case the FIA will not make an offer of compensation immediately as we suspect your team is satisfied with your results in the second round of the championship.
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

BioBiro wrote:
TheFlyingCaterham wrote:Also I'm not quite sure if you did my D&Ts from the between Jacarepagua and Kyalami as you didn't post the results for it.
I'm not sure how, but I completely missed your D&T choices for the first race. Sorry about that. You'll therefore be getting five upgrades rather than three.

Because your upgrades were missed, your cars were entered for Round 2 of the championship in less-competitive state than they should have been. You're welcome to make a case for compensation, which will likely - if financially reasonable - be accepted, but in this case the FIA will not make an offer of compensation immediately as we suspect your team is satisfied with your results in the second round of the championship.

Would asking if we can receive the two missed upgrades for free be too much to ask?
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

BioBiro wrote:
This wrote:It seems even the overweight ATS can hold its ground on the high speed tracks, and we hope this one engine weight reduction will help them out a bit.
I've no problem with this, but just to make it clear, you have the works BMW engine deal; you're not running BMW itself! It's awfully community-spirited of you to make a directional choice to aid a competing team, but I thought works teams would deliberately set the direction of development to something that would annoy and hinder semi-works teams!

It might sound like a bad idea, but i might need ATS to be competitive, as to prevent Osella, Toleman, Minardi, RAM and Spirit from scoring more points. Also i originally set the engine direction in this, so i'm actually changing it as a sign of 'i have some goodwill towards ATS, but this will also be the least present they get from me'
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

TheFlyingCaterham wrote:Would asking if we can receive the two missed upgrades for free be too much to ask?
I like your killer instinct! But, no. The level of compensation I offer will need to be applied consistently to any possible future mistakes with upgrades, and the prices will become much higher later on, should I make another mistake.

Furthermore, the compensation will be subtracted from the prize money given to teams each quarter, so taking too much out of that fund will surely degrade relations with all teams significantly. This is a zero-sum economy I'm running, in this thread! No money trees; every penny has to come out of someone's wallet!

As such, we will provide compensation at a rate of 25% of the upgrade cost, for all upgrade mistakes made, now and future.

Osella will be refunded £50,000 (25% of £200,000).

The transaction itself will take place when D&T upgrades are performed before round three.

The compensation paid will be deducted from the FOCA TV money paid to teams after round four.

The FIA would like to apologise for this mix-up.
Last edited by BioBiro on 12 Jan 2017, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.
andrew

Post by andrew »

This wrote:
BioBiro wrote:

It might sound like a bad idea, but i might need ATS to be competitive, as to prevent Osella, Toleman, Minardi, RAM and Spirit from scoring more points. Also i originally set the engine direction in this, so i'm actually changing it as a sign of 'i have some goodwill towards ATS, but this will also be the least present they get from me'

Have you seen how far off the pace RAM are?? There is no danger of us scoring points.
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

andrew wrote:Have you seen how far off the pace RAM are?? There is no danger of us scoring points.
While your chassis, drivers, sponsors, engine, tyres and fuel are all absolutely terrible, the calendar has misled us slightly about the pace of the RAM cars. We've only had high-speed tracks so far; when we head to lower-speed tracks, DFV-powered cars like the RAM and Toleman will likely be much quicker!

Minardi, despite having a poorer car, have outpaced you simply because of their powerful Alfa turbo engine (and quicker driver).

When we get to somewhere like Monaco, the tables may very likely turn in the RAM team's favour! :).

P.S. - don't forget to pick some D&T, if you want it.
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

D&T after Round 2
I've added "Development of next year's car" as an item to these upgrade reports from now on, so that teams can get a better impression of how much they're spending doing all this development. All financial transactions listed below have been applied to your team budgets at the start of the thread, as have all chassis and engine statistics.

Brabham, Toleman and RAM still have a day or two to do some development.

Ferrari

Code: Select all

Drag decrease of 4% (Drag = 48% < Drag = 44%). D&T cost was £160,000.
Drag decrease of 4% (Drag = 44% < Drag = 40%). D&T cost was £200,000.
Downforce increase of 4% (Downforce = 65% > Downforce = 69%). D&T cost was £240,000.

Renault

Drag decrease of 6% (Drag = 61% < Drag = 55%). D&T cost was £160,000.
Drag decrease of 7% (Drag = 55% < Drag = 48%). D&T cost was £200,000.
Reliability increase of 7% (Reliability = 39% > Reliability = 46%). D&T cost was £240,000.

Williams

Drag decrease of 6% (Drag = 57% < Drag = 51%). D&T cost was £160,000.
Downforce increase of 6% (Downforce = 43% > Downforce = 49%). D&T cost was £200,000.
Mechanical grip increase of 7% (Mechanical grip = 43% > Mechanical grip = 50%). D&T cost was £240,000.

McLaren

Reliability increase of 3% (Reliability = 85% > Reliability = 88%). D&T cost was £160,000.
Drag decrease of 3% (Drag = 13% < Drag = 10%). D&T cost was £200,000.
Mechanical grip increase of 1% (Mechanical grip = 91% > Mechanical grip = 92%). D&T cost was £240,000.

Alfa Romeo

Engine horsepower increase of 10HP (Horsepower = 670HP > Horsepower = 680HP). D&T cost was £160,000.
Engine horsepower increase of 11HP (Horsepower = 680HP > Horsepower = 691HP). D&T cost was £200,000.
Downforce increase of 2% (Downforce = 71% > Downforce = 73%). D&T cost was £240,000.

Tyrrell

Drag decrease of 4% (Drag = 41% < Drag = 37%). D&T cost was £160,000.
Drag decrease of 5% (Drag = 37% < Drag = 32%). D&T cost was £200,000.
Reliability increase of 2% (Reliability = 72% > Reliability = 74%). D&T cost was £240,000.

Lotus

Engine reliability increase of 6% (Reliability = 45% > Reliability = 51%). D&T cost was £160,000.
Downforce increase of 2% (Downforce = 82% > Downforce = 84%). D&T cost was £200,000.
Mechanical grip increase of 3% (Mechanical grip = 83% > Mechanical grip = 86%). D&T cost was £240,000.

Arrows

Downforce increase of 7% (Downforce = 34% > Downforce = 41%). D&T cost was £160,000.
Drag decrease of 6% (Drag = 69% < Drag = 63%). D&T cost was £200,000.
Reliability increase of 6% (Reliability = 43% > Reliability = 49%). D&T cost was £240,000.

Ligier

Engine weight decrease of 6kg (Weight = 170kg < Weight = 164kg). D&T cost was £160,000.
Reliability increase of 6% (Reliability = 41% > Reliability = 47%). D&T cost was £200,000.
Drag decrease of 8% (Drag = 78% < Drag = 70%). D&T cost was £240,000.

Spirit

Downforce increase of 4% (Downforce = 23% > Downforce = 27%). D&T cost was £80,000.
Mechanical grip increase of 3% (Mechanical grip = 37% > Mechanical grip = 40%). D&T cost was £100,000.
Drag decrease of 4% (Drag = 86% < Drag = 82%). D&T cost was £120,000.

ATS

Reliability increase of 6% (Reliability = 39% > Reliability = 45%). D&T cost was £160,000.
Drag decrease of 9% (Drag = 77% < Drag = 68%). D&T cost was £200,000.
Development of next year's car. D&T cost was £240,000.

Osella

Drag decrease of 7% (Drag = 53% < Drag = 46%). D&T cost was £80,000.
Reliability increase of 6% (Reliability = 31% > Reliability = 37%). D&T cost was £120,000.
Mechanical grip increase of 7% (Mechanical grip = 38% > Mechanical grip = 45%). D&T cost was £160,000.
Development of next year's car. D&T cost was £200,000.
Development of next year's car. D&T cost was £240,000.
The Osella team were also refunded £50,000.

Minardi

Development of next year's car. D&T cost was £80,000.
Development of next year's car. D&T cost was £100,000.
Development of next year's car. D&T cost was £120,000.
Last edited by BioBiro on 20 Dec 2016, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

Round 3 - Belgian Grand Prix, Zolder, 29th April 1984

Qualifying Results:
Zolder is one of the Grand Prix calendar's most 'balanced' circuits, requiring a combination of downforce, grip and power. While Arnoux won pole, Piquet never seemed to get a clear lap in during the hour-long session. A great display of speed from the Lotus team, following-up on their 2-3 finish at Kyalami. Pierluigi Martini in the Alfa outqualified team mate Wilson for the first time this season, starting an excellent fifth on the grid. The Brabhams were quick, but not quick enough - unlike most others, the team were lacking an upgrade package to bring to Belgium. Solid performance from Lauda in the Renault, who still have ground to make up to the top teams. Watson, Senna, Winklehock and Rosberg all put spectacular performances in to qualify their difficult cars in the midfield, while it looked like another uncompetitive weekend for the Toleman outfit. For the first time, De Cesaris in the Minardi, and an Arrows, failed to qualify.

1. René Arnoux - McLaren-Honda (Michelin) 01:14.561
2. Riccardo Patrese - Brabham-Renault (Michelin) +0.575
3. Martin Brundle - Lotus-Renault (Goodyear) +0.696
4. Nigel Mansell - Lotus-Renault (Goodyear) +0.714
5. Pierluigi Martini - Alfa Romeo (Goodyear) +01.515
6. Eddie Cheever - Tyrrell-Renault (Goodyear) +01.568
7. Nelson Piquet - McLaren-Honda (Michelin) +02.299
8. Niki Lauda - Renault (Michelin) +02.334
9. Alain Prost - Ferrari (Michelin) +02.682
10. Patrick Tambay - Brabham-Renault (Michelin) +02.733
11. Derek Warwick - Tyrrell-Renault (Goodyear) +02.839
12. Michele Alboreto - Renault (Michelin) +02.996
13. John Watson - ATS-BMW (Goodyear) +03.344
14. Ayrton Senna - Williams-Porsche (Goodyear) +03.571
15. Manfred Winkelhock - Ligier-BMW (Pirelli) +03.745
16. Elio de Angelis - Ferrari (Michelin) +03.763
17. Keke Rosberg - Arrows-BMW (Pirelli) +03.815
18. Desiré Wilson - Alfa Romeo (Goodyear) +03.919
19. Thierry Boutsen - Toleman-Ford (Goodyear) +04.007
20. Stefan Johansson - ATS-BMW (Goodyear) +04.303
21. Mauro Baldi - Osella-Alfa Romeo (Pirelli) +04.546
22. Steffan Bellof - Williams-Porsche (Goodyear) +04.616
23. Alan Jones - Toleman-Ford (Goodyear) +04.651
24. Chico Serra - Ligier-BMW (Pirelli) +05.679
25. Philippe Streiff - Spirit-Ford (Pirelli) +06.276
26. Piercarlo Ghinzani - Osella-Alfa Romeo (Pirelli) +06.358
DNQ. Andrea de Cesaris - Minardi-Alfa Romeo (Pirelli) +06.376
DNQ. Alessandro Nannini - Arrows-BMW (Pirelli) +06.498
DNQ. Roberto Guerrero - RAM-Ford (Pirelli) +07.160
DNQ. Guido Daccò - RAM-Ford (Pirelli) +08.588

Race Results:
Baldi completely locked-up into Earste; no real harm done despite a cloud of tyre smoke, although Senna caught a glancing blow and soon retired as a result. A hard charge from Piquet pushed him up the order with a series of aggressive overtaking manoeuvres, but Arnoux, sensing danger, pulled away at the end, finishing only a few seconds ahead of his team mate for the victory. A rare car failure put Brundle and his Lotus out of a podium place, and the Belgian circuit eventually broke Mansell's turbo engine. Sixth on the grid and third in the race - Eddie Cheever is starting to catch everyone's eye. Martini crashed his Alfa out of the points, much to the chagrin of the green-shirted Italian team, who gesticulated with much flamboyant arm-waving as they viewed the replay of the accident on the television in the garage. Tambay brought the sole remaining Brabham home in fourth, and Ferrari came away with a small prize again. Warwick's sixth place - from eleventh on the grid - only served to put an even bigger smile on Ken Tyrrell's face. Jones drove hard to try and catch Lauda, who seemed content to finish one place higher than he started.

1. René Arnoux - McLaren-Honda (Michelin) 1hr 49:08.910
2. Nelson Piquet - McLaren-Honda (Michelin) +0:06.139
3. Eddie Cheever - Tyrrell-Renault (Goodyear) +0:46.260
4. Patrick Tambay - Brabham-Renault (Michelin) +01:14.710
5. Elio de Angelis - Ferrari (Michelin) +01:32.709
6. Derek Warwick - Tyrrell-Renault (Goodyear) +01:40.543
7. Niki Lauda - Renault (Michelin) +02:43.286
8. Alan Jones - Toleman-Ford (Goodyear) +02:56.805
9. Stefan Johansson - ATS-BMW (Goodyear) +04:43.330
10. Keke Rosberg - Arrows-BMW (Pirelli) +05:01.213
11. Philippe Streiff - Spirit-Ford (Pirelli) +05:29.392
12. Chico Serra - Ligier-BMW (Pirelli) +05:57.907
Ret. John Watson - ATS-BMW (Goodyear) - Turbo
Ret. Manfred Winkelhock - Ligier-BMW (Pirelli) - Spun-off
Ret. Thierry Boutsen - Toleman-Ford (Goodyear) - Distributor
Ret. Alain Prost - Ferrari (Michelin) - Gearbox
Ret. Nigel Mansell - Lotus-Renault (Goodyear) - Engine
Ret. Piercarlo Ghinzani - Osella-Alfa Romeo (Pirelli) - Turbo
Ret. Pierluigi Martini - Alfa Romeo (Goodyear) - Accident
Ret. Desiré Wilson - Alfa Romeo (Goodyear) - Driveshaft
Ret. Steffan Bellof - Williams-Porsche (Goodyear) - Engine
Ret. Ayrton Senna - Williams-Porsche (Goodyear) - Wheel
Ret. Riccardo Patrese - Brabham-Renault (Michelin) - Engine
Ret. Michele Alboreto - Renault (Michelin) - Radiator
Ret. Martin Brundle - Lotus-Renault (Goodyear) - Electrical
Ret. Mauro Baldi - Osella-Alfa Romeo (Pirelli) - Puncture

Championship Standings:
Driver's Championship
1. René Arnoux (18 points)
2. Patrick Tambay (12 points)
3. Eddie Cheever (10 points)
4. Nigel Mansell (6 points)
5. Nelson Piquet (6 points)
6. Michele Alboreto (4 points)
7. Martin Brundle (4 points)
8. Alain Prost (3 points)
9. Ricardo Patrese (3 points)
10. Steffan Bellof (2 points)
11. Pierluigi Martini (2 points)
12. Elio de Angelis (2 points)
13. Desiré Wilson (1 point)
14. Piercarlo Ghinzani (1 point)
15. Derek Warwick (1 point)

Constructor's Championship
1. McLaren (24 points)
2. Brabham (15 points)
3. Tyrrell (11 points)
4. Lotus (10 points)
5. Ferrari (5 points)
6. Renault (4 points)
7. Alfa Romeo (3 points)
8. Williams (2 points)
9. Osella (1 point)

Only one more race to go before you get some TV money, folks. 8-)

I'll also quote myself, in case anyone missed this:

BioBiro wrote:I'd like to let all teams know that if they wish to publish a scheduled upgrade programme (making upgrade decisions for D&T opportunities after races yet to take place), then this is fine. I know not everyone checks the forum every day, so feel free to 'schedule ahead' with your upgrades if you want, to prevent missing future opportunities!

There is just 1 D&T opportunity before the next race.
Last edited by BioBiro on 19 Dec 2016, 23:44, edited 2 times in total.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

Well, we've stopped breaking down at least... :facepalm:

Anyway, we'll use our D&T on Drag Reduction.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

We'll use the D&T to increase engine reliability.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

We'll use it on mechanical grip.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Spirit will invest in some downforce improvements.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

And there's our first DNQ. No worries - more development for the 1985 car please
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

We'll put another upgrade into reliability
Alexander Wurz is timeless and endless and eternal.
TheFlyingCaterham

Well, we've got one of the fastest circuits on the calendar next, so let's go for a drag reduction upgrade.

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Ferrari will spend 1 D&T token on reducing chassis weight.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Williams will spend all our available tokens before the next race on Mechanical grip please
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Next years car please.
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

Honda unveils new engine
Honda Motor Company has today announced in a press release that their engine development subsidiary has begun delivery of their new RA164E to the McLaren team.

The team had, for the first three races of 1984, been using the legacy RA163E unit, which had been as much as 265 horsepower-down on competing engines, such as the BMW and Renault. Despite this power deficit, the McLaren team has so far been highly successful, taking two wins and leading the constructor's championship.

The new RA164E boasts an additional fifty horsepower, bringing the engine to a total output of 650HP, a marginal weight difference; one kilogram lighter, and has proved relatively stable throughout testing at domestic Japanese circuits, including over 10,000 miles at Suzuka.

Honda also stated publicly that they are now primarily interested in improving the engine's reliability.
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

We'll spend a D&T Token for next years car, as we have a whole ton of cash
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

We will spend the D&T token on developing next years car
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Another token on reliability.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

McLaren spends its last D&T at increasing mechanical grip

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

D&T after Round 3
Special Christmas~ edition~ of 1984+!

Ferrari

Weight decrease of 7kg (Weight = 595kg < Weight = 588kg). D&T cost was £280,000.

Williams

Mechanical grip increase of 5% (Mechanical grip = 50% > Mechanical grip = 55%). D&T cost was £280,000.

McLaren

Mechanical grip increase of 1% (Mechanical grip = 92% > Mechanical grip = 93%). D&T cost was £280,000.

Alfa Romeo

Mechanical grip increase of 3% (Mechanical grip = 78% > Mechanical grip = 81%). D&T cost was £280,000.

Tyrrell

Development of next year's car. D&T cost was £280,000.

Lotus

Reliability increase of 3% (Reliability = 81% > Reliability = 84%). D&T cost was £280,000.

Toleman

Development of next year's car. D&T cost was £80,000.

Arrows

Drag decrease of 6% (Drag = 63% < Drag = 57%). D&T cost was £280,000.

Ligier

Engine reliability increase of 6% (Reliability = 40% > Reliability = 46%). D&T cost was £280,000.

Spirit

Downforce increase of 4% (Downforce = 27% > Downforce = 31%). D&T cost was £140,000.

ATS

Reliability increase of 6% (Reliability = 45% > Reliability = 51%). D&T cost was £280,000.

Osella

Drag decrease of 4% (Drag = 46% < Drag = 42%). D&T cost was £280,000.

RAM

Development of next year's car. D&T cost was £160,000.

Minardi

Development of next year's car. D&T cost was £140,000.
Last edited by BioBiro on 25 Dec 2016, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

Round 4 - San Marino Grand Prix, Imola, 6th May 1984

Qualifying Results:
A rain-soaked qualifying session hosted a major surprise; Desiré Wilson on pole, in her Alfa. Although Wilson had showed excellent qualifying speed in the past three events, her oversteer-prone driving style seemed to suit the wet conditions. The Tyrrells looked very competitive, with Warwick 2nd and Cheever 4th, as were the Brabham - both teams displaying the qualities of their excellent chassis', although the Lotus cars were inexplicably off-the-pace. For once, the McLarens couldn't quite keep-up with the front-runners. Youngster Stefan Bellof qualified a fantastic seventh; his team-mate Senna spun on what should have been his best lap. Johansson out-drove the awkward ATS-BMW combo, while Alboreto once again was Renault's sole representative at the sharp-end of the grid - Lauda deeply unhappy in the rain. Nannini was miles ahead of Rosberg, and de Angelis seemed comfortable taking more risks in the rain than Prost. Streiff made good use of his naturally-aspirated Ford engine to qualifying a brilliant ninteenth, but the Tolemans - despite a good chassis - were too down on power to stay far off the back of the grid, again. Watson's BMW engine was misfiring due to the rain, but even so, it didn't look like he was pushing that hard at the start of the session before it failed.

Qualifying Results:
1. Desiré Wilson - Alfa Romeo (Goodyear) 01:51.509
2. Derek Warwick - Tyrrell-Renault (Goodyear) +0.158
3. Patrick Tambay - Brabham-Renault (Michelin) +0.189
4. Eddie Cheever - Tyrrell-Renault (Goodyear) +0.441
5. Riccardo Patrese - Brabham-Renault (Michelin) +01.133
6. Nelson Piquet - McLaren-Honda (Michelin) +01.636
7. Steffan Bellof - Williams-Porsche (Goodyear) +02.913
8. René Arnoux - McLaren-Honda (Michelin) +02.925
9. Stefan Johansson - ATS-BMW (Goodyear) +03.145
10. Michele Alboreto - Renault (Michelin) +03.617
11. Alessandro Nannini - Arrows-BMW (Pirelli) +04.171
12. Martin Brundle - Lotus-Renault (Goodyear) +04.215
13. Elio de Angelis - Ferrari (Michelin) +04.309
14. Pierluigi Martini - Alfa Romeo (Goodyear) +04.655
15. Mauro Baldi - Osella-Alfa Romeo (Pirelli) +04.718
16. Manfred Winkelhock - Ligier-BMW (Pirelli) +04.800
17. Nigel Mansell - Lotus-Renault (Goodyear) +04.844
18. Ayrton Senna - Williams-Porsche (Goodyear) +05.240
19. Philippe Streiff - Spirit-Ford (Pirelli) +05.353
20. Keke Rosberg - Arrows-BMW (Pirelli) +05.806
21. Alain Prost - Ferrari (Michelin) +05.913
22. Niki Lauda - Renault (Michelin) +06.794
23. Piercarlo Ghinzani - Osella-Alfa Romeo (Pirelli) +06.888
24. Thierry Boutsen - Toleman-Ford (Goodyear) +07.297
25. Alan Jones - Toleman-Ford (Goodyear) +07.769
26. Andrea de Cesaris - Minardi-Alfa Romeo (Pirelli) +07.830
DNQ. John Watson - ATS-BMW (Goodyear) +07.895
DNQ. Chico Serra - Ligier-BMW (Pirelli) +09.109
DNQ. Roberto Guerrero - RAM-Ford (Pirelli) +09.467
DNQ. Guido Daccò - RAM-Ford (Pirelli) +12.613

Race Results:
An immensely popular result in a race that started in the pouring rain, which saw two different Italian cars and a driver on the podium. Patrese tried, and tried, and tried, but could not get close to the back of Wilson's JPS Alfa, who's win - as a woman driver - is making the news far more than a typical Grand Prix result. As conditions cleared up, Prost - who had already gained from others retiring in the rain - put in a very hard charge up the field, eventually finishing third. Warwick, who couldn't hold-on in the early stages of the race, gradually slipped back to fifth by the end. A big accident took out Arnoux, Martini and Baldi when the former tried to lap the latter pair in poor visibility. The Lotus' were, again, way off the pace, with Mansell finishing a poor seventh, and Brundle wasn't even in the points when he was forced to retire. Streiff, in the Spirit with the works Ford engine, finished, although over two laps behind when the race was stopped.

1. Desiré Wilson - Alfa Romeo (Goodyear) 2hrs
2. Riccardo Patrese - Brabham-Renault (Michelin) +0:32.684
3. Alain Prost - Ferrari (Michelin) +01:33.290
4. Nelson Piquet - McLaren-Honda (Michelin) +01:49.350
5. Derek Warwick - Tyrrell-Renault (Goodyear) +02:11.973
6. Elio de Angelis - Ferrari (Michelin) +03:02.810
7. Nigel Mansell - Lotus-Renault (Goodyear) +03:08.976
8. Philippe Streiff - Spirit-Ford (Pirelli) +07:23.144
Ret. Piercarlo Ghinzani - Osella-Alfa Romeo (Pirelli) - Oil pressure
Ret. Stefan Johansson - ATS-BMW (Goodyear) - Accident
Ret. Manfred Winkelhock - Ligier-BMW (Pirelli) - Spun-off
Ret. Keke Rosberg - Arrows-BMW (Pirelli) - Engine
Ret. Alessandro Nannini - Arrows-BMW (Pirelli) - Spun-off
Ret. Alan Jones - Toleman-Ford (Goodyear) - Overheating
Ret. Thierry Boutsen - Toleman-Ford (Goodyear) - Engine
Ret. Eddie Cheever - Tyrrell-Renault (Goodyear) - Engine
Ret. Mauro Baldi - Osella-Alfa Romeo (Pirelli) - Accident
Ret. Pierluigi Martini - Alfa Romeo (Goodyear) - Accident
Ret. René Arnoux - McLaren-Honda (Michelin) - Accident
Ret. Steffan Bellof - Williams-Porsche (Goodyear) - Gearbox
Ret. Ayrton Senna - Williams-Porsche (Goodyear) - Suspension
Ret. Patrick Tambay - Brabham-Renault (Michelin) - Electrical
Ret. Michele Alboreto - Renault (Michelin) - Spun-off
Ret. Niki Lauda - Renault (Michelin) - Engine
Ret. Martin Brundle - Lotus-Renault (Goodyear) - Distributor
Ret. Andrea de Cesaris - Minardi-Alfa Romeo (Pirelli) - Turbo

Championship Standings:
Driver's Championship
1. René Arnoux (18 points)
2. Patrick Tambay (12 points)
3. Eddie Cheever (10 points)
4. Desiré Wilson (10 points)
5. Ricardo Patrese (9 points)
6. Nelson Piquet (9 points)
7. Alain Prost (7 points)
8. Nigel Mansell (6 points)
9. Michele Alboreto (4 points)
10. Martin Brundle (4 points)
11. Derek Warwick (3 points)
12. Steffan Bellof (2 points)
13. Pierluigi Martini (2 points)
14. Elio de Angelis (3 points)
15. Piercarlo Ghinzani (1 point)

Constructor's Championship
1. McLaren (27 points)
2. Brabham (21 points)
3. Tyrrell (13 points)
4. Alfa Romeo (12 points)
5. Lotus (10 points)
6. Ferrari (10 points)
7. Renault (4 points)
8. Williams (2 points)
9. Osella (1 point)

Teams will be receiving their first quarter of FOCA TV money directly after this race!

There are 2 D&T opportunities before the next race.
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

FOCA TV Money Distribution - First Quarter

This quarter's payments are slightly smaller than planned payments for the remaining three quarters, due to compensation paid to the Osella team, earlier.

McLaren have been credited £1,059,272
Ferrari have been credited £1,034,828
Tyrrell have been credited £1,018,532
Toleman have been credited £953,348
ATS have been credited £928,904
Brabham have been credited £896,312
Alfa Romeo have been credited £896,312
Arrows have been credited £847,424
Lotus have been credited £774,092
Ligier have been credited £725,204
Renault have been credited £676,316
Osella have been credited £676,316
Williams have been credited £513,356
Spirit have been credited £285,196
Minardi have been credited £154,828
RAM have been credited £32
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Another Development on next years car
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

We're just too erratic at the moment to score points; hence we will spend one D&T on Downforce, and the other on Driver Development for Alessandro Nannini (he's fast for sure, but he just needs to find consistency, and also the ability to race without spinning)
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
TheFlyingCaterham

Osella will get 1 D&T for reliability, and 1 for next years car.

By the way what place was Ghinzani in when he retired? Just curious because it seems we might have gotten points had he not retired.
Last edited by TheFlyingCaterham on 25 Dec 2016, 01:24, edited 1 time in total.

Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

A fantastic effort from Andrea to get on the grid again, as there is no doubt that the 1984 Minardi doesn't belong anywhere near it.

Both our D&T thingies to be spent, as always, on the 1985 car please.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

McLaren will spend their D&T's in reliablity and downforce

BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

TheFlyingCaterham wrote:By the way what place was Ghinzani in when he retired? Just curious because it seems we might have gotten points had he not retired.
He was running eighth; he appears to have passed Streiff at some point, but was running behind Mansell.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

BioBiro wrote:RAM have been credited £32

Awtch :D

Well, 1 D&T on engine reliability and one on next years car.
andrew

Post by andrew »

This wrote:
BioBiro wrote:RAM have been credited £32

Awtch :D

Well, 1 D&T on engine reliability and one on next years car.

:lol: £32 I have no idea what to say about that.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Ferrari will spend both D&Ts on reducing chassis weight.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

It may interest team owners to see the results of the special invitational race that took place today, to celebrate the new thirteen-turn Nürburgring circuit:

1984 Nurburgring Champions Mercedes-Benz Cup, Nürburgring, 12th May 1984
1. Ayrton Senna 26mins 57.78
2. Niki Lauda +0:01.38
3. Carlos Reutemann +0:03.69
4. Keke Rosberg +0:04.20
5. John Watson +0:04.47
6. Denny Hulme +0:06.35
7. Jody Schekter +0:07.12
8. Jack Brabham +0:13.47
9. Klaus Ludwig +0:18.49
10. James Hunt +0:19.68
11. John Surtees +0:25.39
12. Phil Hill +0:32.06
13. Manfred Schurti +0:37.00
14. Stirling Moss +0:37.65
15. Alain Prost +0:39.34
16. Udo Schütz +0:48.13
17. Jacques Laffite +0:51.11
18. Hans Herrmann +01:37.10
19. Elio de Angelis +2 laps
Ret. Alan Jones – DNF
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Downforce and drag for Lotus.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Spirit will spend one on downforce and one on the 1985 car.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Tyrrell will spend our D&T opportunities on Downforce and Reliability
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?