Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race - Spain

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Londoner

Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race - Spain

Post by Londoner »

1. Pascal Wehrlein - Slam dunk IIDOTR, even if the biased stewards tried to take his points away from him. This is why we need to #DrainTheSwamp and #MakeF1GreatAgain. :pantano:

2. Force India - Easily establishing themselves as the best of the rest.
Last edited by Londoner on 14 May 2017, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
andrew

Re: Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race - Spain

Post by andrew »

Wehrlein- points in a Sauber
Ocon- Solid drive (we expect it from Perez)
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

1st - Wehrlein. Oh look, an actual IIDOTR. 7th on the road and 9th post penalty in the Sauber.

2nd - Force India. We'll make the most of the top 3 losing a car each and have a nice, quiet, drama free run to 4th & 5th.
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

1. Wehrlein (and Sauber) - They're making the best out of a small budget and a year-old PU. Deserved points.
2. Ocon - We may still get an unrejectification this year.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

1. Wehrlein: fantastic job in that Sauber
2. Ocon: Another finish like that and he is unrejectified
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Anyone who doesn't vote Wehrlein 1st is mad

2) Ocon
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

1) Bringing young fan to paddock with Kimi
2) Pascal Wehrlein
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

1. Pascal Wehrlein. Duh.
2. Force India. The team, the drivers, just Force India in general.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Ten points and a year's supply of the Isle of Man's finest kippers goes to Pascal Wehrlein: what a difference a few races makes, eh? Only at the end of last season were we cursing Sauber for effectively killing off Manor at the eleventh hour, now the former Manor driver with the occasional question mark still hanging over his head is doing for the executioners what he did for the executed (seeing as they've now assumed the position at the bottom of the timesheets). Meanhile: McLaren, nul points, and there's a wooden spoon waiting to have your name carved on it, especially if a certain star driver decides he'd rather stay in Freedomland.

Six points and a slice or two of my home-made Manx bonnag goes to Esteban Ocon: horribly coloured it may be, but that car might well be good enough for another podium or two this year if the cards fall Force India's way. One more sixth place and an unrejectification will be well deserved. Of all the rookies or semi-rookies this year, he's the one looking the most like the real deal.

An honourable mention, and a few crumbs of cake, goes to Marcus Ericsson, who I don't think is being quite as deadbeat a team-mate as he's being made out to be on the other thread - he had a regular strategy rather than an advantageous one, and still finished ahead of the actual deadbeat Williamses and even-deader-beat Jolyon Palmer.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

This is easy!

1. Wehrlein
2. Force India
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

10 points - Pascal Wehrlein (obviously)
6 points - Marcus Ericsson (less obviously)
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

1. Pascal Wehrlein - Obviously
2. Esteban Ocon - Obviously
I like the way Snrub thinks!
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Wehrlein and Force India. Perez is becoming the new Heidfeld for always picking SOMETHING up no matter what seemingly. :)
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

1. Force India: Great performance. I was actually hoping for the top three to retire so they could have a 1-2. Early nomination for team of the year.
2. Pascal Wehrlein: Brilliant race which might have sealed McLaren's 10th place in the constructors' championship.
Aguvazk

Post by Aguvazk »

1. Wehrlein (still a reject, but not for long...)
2. Ocon, nice drive with the pink panther.
I'm not a serious person
Psyclepath

Post by Psyclepath »

10 points - Wehrlein: got lucky with his strategy, but he could've easily lost more places.

6 points - Toro Rosso: strong showing from them. Kvyat came back from near last on the grid; however Sainz also had traffic for nearly the entire race so they were probably quite close pacewise.

Not mentioning Force India because I'd expect this from them.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

1. Wehrlein; extracted the absolute maximum out of that Sauber
2. Force India- they aren't really part of the midfield battle anymore, they're just that good.

HM:
Sauber- they seem to have made a major step forward, and if they had a '17 engine they'd probably score points regularly.
Hulkenburg- 6th's pretty good.
Overtaking- there was a lot of it.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

1. Pascal Wehrlein - had the strategy and the pace for some very useful points, proving many of his doubters wrong
2. Ferrari - for doing the unusually open and kind act of inviting the kid to meet Kimi
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
mario

Post by mario »

This Could Be You wrote:1. Wehrlein; extracted the absolute maximum out of that Sauber
2. Force India- they aren't really part of the midfield battle anymore, they're just that good.

Predictable though it may be, I'll definitely go along with that - the former might have been lucky with the virtual safety car timing, but he used it to perfection and had to work hard to make the most of it.

As for Force India, both drivers made sure to take full advantage of the mistakes and misfortunes of others to maximise their points haul. Although they started this season with a flawed car that was overweight and had problems with the underbody performance, they've managed to haul themselves into a slightly surprising 4th place in the WCC - they're not even that far off Red Bull at the moment, given the misfortunes that team has had.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

1 - Ocon. Not Wehrlein, he should be delivering results like that. Plus his oblong head freaks me out.
2 - Ferrari. For the thing with the kid.

HM to Daniil Kvyat for getting with Kelly Piquet. Now that's a result to be proud of :shock:
Just For One Day...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:Ten points and a year's supply of the Isle of Man's finest kippers goes to Pascal Wehrlein:
Six points and a slice or two of my home-made Manx bonnag goes to Esteban Ocon:

Whichever way you throw it, these votes will stand. ;)

Although there is a fishy smell to your first vote... :facepalm:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

1. Pascal Wehrlein
2. Force India

For obvious reasons.

The HM will go to Ferrari for making a kid's dream come true :)
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

dr-baker wrote:Although there is a fishy smell to your first vote... :facepalm:

I'd be slightly worried if there wasn't, because that'd mean I'd be fobbed off with Tesco's boil-in-the-bag kippers, and we can't be having that for our driver of the day, can we?
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Although there is a fishy smell to your first vote... :facepalm:

I'd be slightly worried if there wasn't, because that'd mean I'd be fobbed off with Tesco's boil-in-the-bag kippers, and we can't be having that for our driver of the day, can we?

Oh, definitely not! Best way to smoke kippers is over a blazing Mugen Honda engine though, isn't it?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

dr-baker wrote:Oh, definitely not! Best way to smoke kippers is over a blazing Mugen Honda engine though, isn't it?

Trust me on this one, there's little worse than anything grilled, smoked or cooked in any other possible way over an oily fire. I know from experience when I was midway through barbecueing a steak and our generous "host" thought it a great idea to get the coals raging again by pouring paraffin on them. No, that didn't affect the taste at all, he said sarcastically.

Whether it's a blazing Mugen-Honda engine, or an underpowered Cosworth, or a Benetton engulfed in flames, I'll keep my kippers and my steaks well away!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Oh, definitely not! Best way to smoke kippers is over a blazing Mugen Honda engine though, isn't it?

Trust me on this one, there's little worse than anything grilled, smoked or cooked in any other possible way over an oily fire. I know from experience when I was midway through barbecueing a steak and our generous "host" thought it a great idea to get the coals raging again by pouring paraffin on them. No, that didn't affect the taste at all, he said sarcastically.

Whether it's a blazing Mugen-Honda engine, or an underpowered Cosworth, or a Benetton engulfed in flames, I'll keep my kippers and my steaks well away!

What would HWNSNBM do? Or the Stig for that matter?
MCard LOLA
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

dr-baker wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:

What would HWNSNBM do? Or the Stig for that matter?

It doesn't matter which way they cook their steaks. HWNSNBM can change the taste of his food at will.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Soooooooooooooo, guess who won?

1 Pascal Wehrlein 202
2 Force India 58

- Esteban Ocon 58
4 Ferrari 12
5 Kimi's young fan 10
6 Marcus Ericsson 6
- Toro Rosso 6

Didn't expect that, huh? Pascal Wehrlein wins IIDOTR for finishing in the points in that car, and rightly deserves it. Force India and its driver Esteban Ocon earn the runner-up spot for getting a fantastic double-finish, with Ocon only one point away from unrejectification.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!