Women's GT Junior Cup 2014/2015 - Season over!

Archive for the three above subforums
AustralianStig

Re: Women's GT Junior Cup - Rules Discussion (page 7)

Post by AustralianStig »

Or to avoid having to 'fake' the weather, why not run the Junior Cup in summer too? It could even support the senior competition where possible...
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Hermann95 wrote:Ok the ideas you presented to present top teams from beeing to op are good.
With regards to Istanbul Park: maybe the sachsenring because there is already a german round with the masters Trophy.

Good point. Is someone against replacing the Sachsenring with Istanbul Park?

go_Rubens wrote:We don't need to "controll" the weather. Why not go to areas with better winter weather or more average weather throughout the year? We don't need to be completely in Europe. Have a couple rounds in Australia, and the rest of it possibly in Asia? Or possibly even more varied, to give the more inexperienced ladies driving in the Junior Cup a feel for more travelling?

But that would turn the Junior Cup into a World Championship, don't you think? F3 doesn't travel around the world, neither does the ADAC GT-Masters or the BTCC. If we'd make the Junior Cup a world-travelling series, we could as well divide the Women's GT World Championship into a GT1 and a GT3 category. (Not such a bad idea, actually... Add a LMP category to that and we'd have a truly awesome series! Does anyone else beside me like this idea? :) )

AustralianStig wrote:Or to avoid having to 'fake' the weather, why not run the Junior Cup in summer too? It could even support the senior competition where possible...

Running the Junior Cup in summer too would mean the organisation on my side would become too big. Now I can manage the Junior Cup during the winter season and the World Championship during the rest of the year. Putting both during the summer time would mean I would have to run them simultaneously. Both series would suffer from that, trust me. Melting them together, on the other hand, would make this a whole new game.
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Turbogirl wrote:If we'd make the Junior Cup a world-travelling series, we could as well divide the Women's GT World Championship into a GT1 and a GT3 category. (Not such a bad idea, actually... Add a LMP category to that and we'd have a truly awesome series! Does anyone else beside me like this idea? :) )

To be honest, I like the fact that there are two standalone series - it gives me the chance to try things in the junior series that will benefit me for the senior series. But it's your call, I'm happy with whatever you decide!
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

AustralianStig wrote:
Turbogirl wrote:If we'd make the Junior Cup a world-travelling series, we could as well divide the Women's GT World Championship into a GT1 and a GT3 category. (Not such a bad idea, actually... Add a LMP category to that and we'd have a truly awesome series! Does anyone else beside me like this idea? :) )

To be honest, I like the fact that there are two standalone series - it gives me the chance to try things in the junior series that will benefit me for the senior series. But it's your call, I'm happy with whatever you decide!

Me too, I was just presenting another solution for the inter-season issue. I chose the European races, because with Spa-Francorchamps, the Nürburgring, Zandvoort and Brands Hatch we have some of the most difficult race tracks in one series, allowing the ladies to gain as much experience as possible. I don't think we would have the same effect, if we'd host the Junior Cup in let's say Asia.

But maybe I chose the wrong words for the weather topic. What I'm after is this: My game works with real-life weather conditions (depending on real-life seasons) as well as with random weather conditions, like most video games do. As I've said, hosting an inter-season Championship during the European winter has the unfortunate side-effect, that we have to deal with the typical European winter weather as well, IF (and that's my point) we work with real-life weather conditions.

We could still host all rounds in Europe, but instead play with random weather conditions, determined via D6. In this variant, the possibility for rain is as high as for dry conditions. Unlike with real-life seasons, where the chance for rain (or even snow) is at maximum during the European winter. The word "weather control" simply meant, that I want to use the random weather conditions in future installments rather than the real-life variant. Since nobody really complains about how video games decide their weather, I thought we could use a similar engine here as well. Yes, it's less realistic, but I don't mind as long as we all have fun. :)
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Sounds good to me Turbo!

CoopsII wrote:

Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

I'm fine with just about anything if I could muster more power out of a Chevy Corvette.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
mike robers

Post by mike robers »

Any updates, Turbogirl?
mike robers

Post by mike robers »

So, what's going on? What happened to this thread? :?
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

mike robers wrote:Any updates, Turbogirl?

mike robers wrote:So, what's going on? What happened to this thread? :?

Really dude? Give these people who run the championships a break. They probably have other important things to do in their lives too. You can't expect them to run through a whole season in one month.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

This wrote:
mike robers wrote:Any updates, Turbogirl?

mike robers wrote:So, what's going on? What happened to this thread? :?

Really dude? Give these people who run the championships a break. They probably have other important things to do in their lives too. You can't expect them to run through a whole season in one month.

Seriously mike, I'm sure Turbogirl has a life. Chill the bathplug out.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Wallio wrote:Seriously mike, I'm sure Turbogirl has a life. Chill the bathplug out.

This would appear to be the case - she hasn't visited the forums since June 12th.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Salamander wrote:
Wallio wrote:Seriously mike, I'm sure Turbogirl has a life. Chill the bathplug out.

This would appear to be the case - she hasn't visited the forums since June 12th.

Must be nice to not be addicted! :P
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Turbogirl

Re: Women's GT Junior Cup 2014/2015 - Season over!

Post by Turbogirl »

This season is officially over (finally)!

Well, better late than never! Here’s my final post to close this season after four years. The rules discussion was already finished back then, so all that was left was the season statistics, which have dwelled on my computer ever since. Shame if I’d let them go to waste, wouldn’t you agree?

Not finishing

Code: Select all

Most DNFs without ever finishing a race             n/a

Most DNFs in a season                               R. Kiss / G. Dela Merced      8

Most DNFs in total                                  R. Kiss / G. Dela Merced      8

Most consecutive DNFs in a season                   Ramona Kiss                   5

Most consecutive DNFs                               Ramona Kiss                   5

Championship points

Most entries without a point                        n/a

Most races until the first point                    Ramona Kiss                   7

Most points without scoring a podium                Leilani Münter              200

Most points without scoring a win                   Mikaela Åhlin-Kottulinsky   243

Most races between two point finishes               Natalia Kowalska              4

Most Championship points in total                   Alessandra Neri             445

Pole-Positions

Most pole-positions without ever winning a race     Mikaela Åhlin-Kotulinsky      1

Most pole-positions in a season                     L. Pruett / A. Neri           5

Most pole-positions in total                        L. Pruett / A. Neri           5

Most consecutive pole-positions                     Leah Pruett                   3

Most races until the first pole-position            Hillary Will                  8

Least races until the first pole-position           Leah Pruett                   0

Race Wins

Most pole positions without a win                   Mikaela Åhlin-Kottulinsky     1

Most podium finishes without a win                  Mikaela Åhlin-Kottulinsky /
                                                    Veronica Valverde             2

Most wins in a season                               Alessandra Neri               5

Most wins in total                                  Alessandra Neri               5

Most consecutive wins in a season                   Alessandra Neri               3

Most consecutive wins                               Alessandra Neri               3

Most races until the first win                      Alison MacLeod                9

Least races until the first win                     Leah Pruett                   1

Most races between two wins                         L. Pruett / A. Neri           4

Driver Championships

Most points without a Championship                  Leah Pruett                 381

Most wins without a Championship                    Leah Pruett                   4

Most points to win the Championship                 Alessandra Neri             445

Most wins to win the Championship                   Alessandra Neri               5

Least points to win the Championship                Alessandra Neri             445

Least wins to win the Championship                  Alessandra Neri               5

Constructors

Most wins in total                                  Mercedes-Benz / Audi          5

Most consecutive wins                               Audi                          3

Most pole-positions in total                        Mercedes-Benz                 6

Most consecutive pole-positions                     Mercedes-Benz                 3

Most 1-2 finishes in total                          Mercedes-Benz                 1

Most consecutive 1-2 finishes                       n/a

Most Championship points in total                   Mercedes-Benz               667

Most Championships won in total                     Mercedes-Benz                 1

A big thank you to all who participated! It meant a lot to me back then, and it still does today! Here's to more fun together in the future... :)
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Turbogirl wrote:A big thank you to all who participated! It meant a lot to me back then, and it still does today! Here's to more fun together in the future... :)

Just thought I'd say this was one of the most memorable series on this forum for me. I really enjoyed being part of the universe you created and look forward to watching whatever your future endeavours may be!

CoopsII wrote:

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AustralianStig wrote:
Turbogirl wrote:A big thank you to all who participated! It meant a lot to me back then, and it still does today! Here's to more fun together in the future... :)

Just thought I'd say this was one of the most memorable series on this forum for me. I really enjoyed being part of the universe you created and look forward to watching whatever your future endeavours may be!

What he said...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

AustralianStig wrote:Just thought I'd say this was one of the most memorable series on this forum for me. I really enjoyed being part of the universe you created and look forward to watching whatever your future endeavours may be!

dr-baker wrote:What he said...

Well, in that case, you should check the PMMF Planning Thread. I've posted a little announcement that might interest you... ;)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Turbogirl wrote:
AustralianStig wrote:Just thought I'd say this was one of the most memorable series on this forum for me. I really enjoyed being part of the universe you created and look forward to watching whatever your future endeavours may be!

dr-baker wrote:What he said...

Well, in that case, you should check the PMMF Planning Thread. I've posted a little announcement that might interest you... ;)

Indeed it does!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA