1962 WSRC - season over, future unknown

The place for current RWRS universe and "canon" historical series
Gonzalez

Re: 1962 WSRC - Rouen done

Post by Gonzalez »

Gonzalez wrote:Porsche will renew their same entries from Rosklide to MoSport

Nuppiz wrote:
Speaking of which, is Porsche going to send another 1600 GS Carrera to Ecurie Maarsbergen? There's two more races left before they need it, so you can still keep your spare one in the garage.

Porsche will approve, sending their Spare Car to Ecurie Maarsbergen.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1962 WSRC - Rouen done

Post by Nessafox »

To make matters a ltitle easier, i didn't enter Van Zalinge in any races so he can act as a replacement to whomever has a contract with Mitter or Slotemaker.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1962 WSRC - Brands Hatch entries by 13/4

Post by Nuppiz »

Entries for Brands Hatch will be locked in the evening of 13th April. Make sure your stuff is in order by then.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1962 WSRC - Brands Hatch up, Spa entries by 11 Feb

Post by Nuppiz »

It just refuses to die!

1962 RAC Brands Hatch Sprint Race, Brands Hatch, West Kingsdown, United Kingdom, 8th-10th June 1962
GT 1.0 Qualifying

GT 1.0 Race

GT 1.6 Qualifying

GT 1.6 Race

GT 2.0 Qualifying

GT 2.0 Race

GT 3.0 Qualifying

GT 3.0 Race

GT +3.0 Qualifying

GT +3.0 Race

Highlights video of all races

Medical report
Juan-Manuel Bordeu will miss the next two races.
Teodoro Zeccoli, Oddone Sigala and John Young escape with minor cuts and bruises. Jack Sears escapes with those and a mild concussion.

Insurance report
The following cars are total writeoffs:
#9 Fiat Abarth 850 TC SS: limited model, factory entry = no need for manual replacement
#500 Fiat Abarth 850 TC SS: limited model, factory entry = no need for manual replacement
#66 Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder: limited model, privateer entry = needs to be manually replaced, manufacturer has no spares of this model available.
Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato #6: super-limited model = needs to be manually replaced (ETA: round 7)
Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato #7: super-limited model = needs to be manually replaced (ETA: round 7)

Championship standings

Remember to check the inventory list for the current status of your cars and possible build projects.

SAAB may now build a special 96 "Monster" which will be available immediatedly at the next race.

With racingsportscars.com back online, I noticed David Piper is over the limit for real-life 1962 races. However as I didn't notice this immediatedly and given that Lotus already went through one fiasco (the Lotus 23 debacle), I'm letting David Piper's already existing entries stand.

Following Normal32's complete withdrawal from the forum, Maserati (Scuderia Filipinetti) is available for the taking. I'm taking over ZiL.

Entries for Spa will be accepted until 11th February. This time you shouldn't have to wait for 10 months for the race to actuallly run...
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

I would be happy to take over Maserati!
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

I’d like to enter André Pilette in a privateer Citroën DS 19 for Spa
Knows two facts about ducks and both of them are wrong
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

My entries will remain as it is stated on the wiki. Just to confirm:

Ecurie Francorchamps (BEL, This)
Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta SWB Competizione Speciale #20, driven by "Jean Beurlys" (BEL)
Lotus Super Seven #21, driven by Gérald Langlois van Ophem (BEL)
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Entering the same lineup as before:
Maserati 3500 GTi Corse #19, driven by Francesco Fausti (ITA)
Maserati 3500 GTi Corse #555, driven by Giorgio Scarlatti (ITA)
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Castelldefels will ask the Biscotti for any Ferrari Models available and if so we will pursue German Driver Peter Nocker for a drive. Failing that, we will intend to withdraw the #66 originally entered for the next coming races.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Gonzalez wrote:Castelldefels will ask the Biscotti for any Ferrari Models available and if so we will pursue German Driver Peter Nocker for a drive. Failing that, we will intend to withdraw the #66 originally entered for the next coming races.

As all our cars are either limited or super-limited, you'll need to wait until a new Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder is ready.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Gonzalez wrote:Castelldefels will ask the Biscotti for any Ferrari Models available and if so we will pursue German Driver Peter Nocker for a drive. Failing that, we will intend to withdraw the #66 originally entered for the next coming races.

We have a Maserati available.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Abarth will enter Spa with their quartet of 500s and solitary Fiat 2300 S.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Pinkd56 wrote:I would be happy to take over Maserati!

It's all yours now.

FortiWinks wrote:I’d like to enter André Pilette in a privateer Citroën DS 19 for Spa

And what would the racing number be?
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

Pilette will take #230 as a nod to his father Théodore
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

Saab will be running Erik Carlsson in the new 96 'Monster' (using the number #969) in the GT 2.0 class, alongside the usual GT 1.0 entry of four cars.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1962 WSRC - Spa up, next entries by 11 March

Post by Nuppiz »

1962 Course Sprint RACB de Spa-Francorchamps, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Stavelot, Belgium, 29th June-1st July 1962
GT 1.0 Qualifying

GT 1.0 Race
Guess who forgot to screencap the results screen...

GT 1.6 Qualifying

GT 1.6 Race

GT 2.0 Qualifying

GT 2.0 Race
Due to an administrative error, Alois Ruf was in the wrong race (should've been in the 1.6 class). Based on his average speed he actually finished 7th in his actual class, and this is what has been recorded in the drivers' championship.

GT 3.0 & GT +3.0 Qualifying

GT 3.0 & GT +3.0 Race

Medical report
Herbert Linge will miss the next two races.
Heinz Schiller needs a new pair of underpants.
Gerson Alarcón Santana should take the next race off, just to be safe. Shelby doesn't have enough cars for the next race anyway...
Gilberte Thirion suffered a concussion but will recover in time for the next race.

Ralph Bowyer and Hubert Hahne have healed up and can be entered in the next round.

Insurance report
The following cars are total writeoffs:
#31 Porsche 356B 2000 GS Carrera 2: super-limited model = needs to be manually replaced, one spare car available, not possible to build new ones until Round 9.
#39 Shelby Cobra 260ci: super-limited model = needs to be manually replaced (ETA: round 8), one spare car available
#40 Shelby Cobra 260ci: super-limited model = needs to be manually replaced (ETA: round 8), one spare car available

Championship standings

Remember to check the inventory list for the current status of your cars and possible build projects.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

It is now possible for manufacturer teams to enter all remaining races in the season. Due to Rated's disappearance from the forum, Alpine and Citroën are in need of new management (although considering how horrible the DS will remain until at least 1965, I really won't mind if Citroën disappears).

Heinrich von Schweinichen (FRG) is interested in substituting for Hermann Linge in the Porsche factory team. Should Porsche decline his services, he shall acquire a Mercedes-Benz 300 SE and enter it for the Nürburgring race.

Following Paddy Hopkirk's impressive performance in Spa, Henry Nurmester would like to acquire a MG B Rally and enter it for the Nürburgring race.

The "fun race" with Citroën 2 CVs was supposed to take place around this point of the season, but due to the ongoing crisis with the whole subforum I think it's best we concentrate on the core product.
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

That went well :lol: (well at least it went to my plan of entering a rejectful backmarker entry!)

Anyway I'll put my hand up for managing one of the French teams, don't mind either one
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Well, I'm having to deal with another driver injured.

In this case, Porsche will use the spare car from next race and will seek in a fellow young German, Jochen Neerpasch to cover the next 2 rounds in place of Linge.

Equipo Castelldefels would also like to submit Lauldi's entry for the next 3 rounds.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

BMC may have another MGB entry for future races, and we will take offers for a driver for the remainder of the season in the second MGB.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

S.F. will keep running Fausti and Scarlatti until the end of the season. We're willing to listen to any teams who wish to run a 3500 GTi.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

BMW shall prolong their usual entries as long as is possible.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

On the wiki it says Gerhard Mitter will drive Ecurie Maarsbergens Porsche 356B 1600 GS Carrera GT so i will stick by that. The Porsche 356B Super 90 for Henk Van Zalinge will also be raced. (though i'm not exactly sure how the status of my cars is and if the one i'll be using is my own or a Porsche-owned backup?)

Due to good results, Ecurie Francorchamps will send their Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta SWB CS driven by Beurlys. (the lotus will not be raced here)
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

FortiWinks wrote:Anyway I'll put my hand up for managing one of the French teams, don't mind either one

You can have Alpine. As I mentioned I don't really mind if Citroën shuts down their factory team until the DS gets better.
CaptainGetz12 wrote:BMC may have another MGB entry for future races, and we will take offers for a driver for the remainder of the season in the second MGB.

Would Henry Nurmester be alright (see my previous post)?
Pinkd56 wrote:S.F. will keep running Fausti and Scarlatti until the end of the season. We're willing to listen to any teams who wish to run a 3500 GTi.

As Scuderia Filipinetti are technically considered a privateer, I'm only counting your entries up to and including Canada.
tommykl wrote:BMW shall prolong their usual entries as long as is possible.

Do these plans include the recently-recovered Hubert Hahne?
This wrote:On the wiki it says Gerhard Mitter will drive Ecurie Maarsbergens Porsche 356B 1600 GS Carrera GT so i will stick by that. The Porsche 356B Super 90 for Henk Van Zalinge will also be raced. (though i'm not exactly sure how the status of my cars is and if the one i'll be using is my own or a Porsche-owned backup?

Your 1600 GS is the Porsche-owned spare car. Super 90 was always yours since it's a stock model.

The following manufacturer teams have no entries listed for Roskilde Ring or any races after that:
AC
Alfa Romeo
Alpine
Ferrari
Jaguar
Peugeot
Shelby
Triumph
TVR
Additionally, Volkswagen need to nominate a replacement to Gerhard Mitter who is already driving the Ecurie Maarsbergen Porsche at the next two rounds.

The next weekends starts to run on next Monday, or thereabouts... so start posting your plans if you want to race on one of the shortest circuits in all of ASMF history.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Nuppiz wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:BMC may have another MGB entry for future races, and we will take offers for a driver for the remainder of the season in the second MGB.

Would Henry Nurmester be alright (see my previous post)?

Sure, I'm cool with that. I will purchase an MGB Rally. He can run it either for the British Motor Corporation #160 or as a privateer entry for every round that is open for entries. If you need a livery made, I can have one made in a few days before the deadline.
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

Alpine will enter the usual three cars for all remaining events

Société Automobiles Alpine
#110 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Mauro Bianchi (BEL)
#111 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Henri Grandsire (FRA)
#112 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Jean Vinatier (FRA)

Alpine would also like to remind any privateers that the A110 is available to any customer on request.

Also because of the change in management we would also like to reaffirm our commitment to Ecurie Voeckler for the remaining rounds of the season.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

AC will enter all of the remaining races with same lineup as we have had throughout the season so far.

Ford however will enter on a race by race basis and will enter the Rokslide race using the same driver combination as we entered at SPA.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

With permission from Nuppiz, the British Motor Corporation will run an additional MGB Rally for Henry Nurmester as car #580 for the remainder of the season.

Livery link here: https://www.mediafire.com/view/z3iwg1n1 ... f.png/file
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1962 WSRC - Spa up, Roskilde entries by 18 March

Post by Nuppiz »

Update: I'm a bit short on proper spare time at the moment so I'll start running Roskilde next Monday, 18th March. Get those entries in if you haven't already!

The following manufacturer teams have no entries listed for Roskilde Ring or any races after that:
Alfa Romeo
Ferrari
Jaguar
Peugeot
Shelby
Triumph
TVR
Additionally, Volkswagen need to nominate a replacement to Gerhard Mitter who is already driving the Ecurie Maarsbergen Porsche at the next two rounds.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Jaguar will retain its present line up, and will proceed to enter in all remaining races.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
Pilot

Post by Pilot »

TVR will retain its current lineup, and will also proceed to enter in all remaining races.
Biscione wrote:Can you stop being such a snowflake for five minutes?
Bandon23

Post by Bandon23 »

Chester Automotive Racing will retain the lineup similarly to Round 5
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

It seems like the Alpine entries are missing from the Daytona round, I presume that’s just a mistake?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

FortiWinks wrote:It seems like the Alpine entries are missing from the Daytona round, I presume that’s just a mistake?

That was indeed just a copy-paste error.

Ferrari (DemocalypseNow)
Peugeot (V8fan12)
Shelby (pi314159)
Triumph (Wizzie)
Additionally, Volkswagen (TheFlyingCaterham) need to nominate a replacement to Gerhard Mitter who is already driving the Ecurie Maarsbergen Porsche at the next two rounds.

GT 1.0 will be run tomorrow evening, and the rest of the classes in the next few days.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Scuderia Ferrari SpA SEFAC will enter the following cars at Roskilde, Mosport, Daytona, Mexico City and Buenos Aires:

#22 Ferrari 250 GTO / Scuderia Ferrari SpA SEFAC (ITA) / Ludovico Scarfiotti (ITA)
#23 Ferrari 250 GTO / Scuderia Ferrari SpA SEFAC (ITA) / Willy Mairesse (BEL)
#27 Ferrari 250 GTO / Scuderia Ferrari SpA SEFAC (ITA) / Giancarlo Baghetti (ITA)
#28 Ferrari 250 GTO / Scuderia Ferrari SpA SEFAC (ITA) / Simone Bizzarri (ITA)

Ferrari will enter the following line-up at the Nurburgring:

#22 Ferrari 250 GTO / Scuderia Ferrari SpA SEFAC (ITA) / Ludovico Scarfiotti (ITA)
#23 Ferrari 250 GTO / Scuderia Ferrari SpA SEFAC (ITA) / Willy Mairesse (BEL)
#27 Ferrari 250 GTO / Scuderia Ferrari SpA SEFAC (ITA) / Giancarlo Baghetti (ITA)
#28 Ferrari 250 GTO / Scuderia Ferrari SpA SEFAC (ITA) / Jo Siffert (ITA)

Also filing these entries for Roskilde Ring and the following event just in case they're not filed already;
#3 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Ecurie Voeckler (FRA) / André Simon (FRA)
#4 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Ecurie Voeckler (FRA) / Jean-François Voeckler (FRA)
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1962 WSRC - Roskilde up, Nürby entries by 15 April

Post by Nuppiz »

1962 ASK Roskilde Ring Sprintløbet, Roskilde Ring, Roskilde, Denmark, 27th-29th July 1962
GT 1.0 Qualifying

GT 1.0 Race

GT 1.6 Qualifying

GT 1.6 Race

GT 2.0 Qualifying

GT 2.0 Race

GT 3.0 Qualifying

GT 3.0 Race

GT +3.0 Qualifying

GT +3.0 Race

Medical report
Vic Elford got a minor whiplash injury from his collision with Darel Dieringer. As long as he doesn't crash again in the next race, there's not going to be any issues.

Robin Sturgess and Juan Manuel Bordeu have healed up and can be entered in the next round.

Insurance report
No wrecks this time around.

Championship standings

DemocalypseNow wrote:Also filing these entries for Roskilde Ring and the following event just in case they're not filed already;
#3 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Ecurie Voeckler (FRA) / André Simon (FRA)
#4 Alpine A110 1000 75 Berlinette / Ecurie Voeckler (FRA) / Jean-François Voeckler (FRA)

I had already run the GT 1.0 race by the time you posted, so I've added these entries to Nürburgring and Mosport instead.
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

Get in there! 1-2!

Might need to speak to the mechanics about sorting the reliability though... can anyone translate into French for me? :lol:
Bandon23

Post by Bandon23 »

4th and 5th in GT 1.6, very clean race for David and Chris. And that marks the end of Chester Automotive Racing's season as a privateer so far.

I hope later I might enter another team in this season's entry, so anything is still possible.
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Finally a win for the Maserati! :D
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

Bandon23 wrote:I hope later I might enter another team in this season's entry, so anything is still possible.

Alpine would like to assist by providing another A110 if needed

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Alpine are also planning on entering a fourth entry for the Americas rounds