Trains

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
dr-baker

Trains

Post by dr-baker »

No, sadly this is not a thread about the Trulli Train. :shock: :( I have a friend from church who is a strong F1 fan (he has previously been to the British Grand Prix and I believe he is going to Monza this year), and also enjoys his steam train rides. I know this last fact because both of us went to a special running of a steam train on the District line in London a month or two ago, from Ealing Broadway to High Street Kensington. It was a good day, albeit a bit expensive. Last summer, I also enjoyed rides on the Festiniog Railway and the South Tynsdale Railway.

Is anybody else here a fan of heritage/steam trains?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Gertrand Bachot

Re: Trains

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

I can put my hand up and say that I am a train enthusiast as well (though some people may already know that ;) ).
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Gertrand Bachot wrote:I can put my hand up and say that I am a train enthusiast as well (though some people may already know that ;) ).

So I didn't know that. Do you have a favourite railway line? Any lines you would like to go to but haven't done so yet?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

dr-baker wrote:
Gertrand Bachot wrote:I can put my hand up and say that I am a train enthusiast as well (though some people may already know that ;) ).

So I didn't know that. Do you have a favourite railway line? Any lines you would like to go to but haven't done so yet?

Not sure on that one - I've done the whole length of the East Coast Main Line (KGX-Edinburgh), and about half of the Midland Main Line (St Pancras-East Midlands Parkway), and the lines around my local area, but I guess everywhere I haven't been to yet.

I don't really have a favourite railway line.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

I've done the East Kent Railway.

I've volunteered at the Chatham Historic Dockyard Railway just for fun a few times.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Faustus wrote:I've done the East Kent Railway.

I've volunteered at the Chatham Historic Dockyard Railway just for fun a few times.

Volunteering at a railway sounds fun. 6-year-old me would have been ecstatic at the thought! I'm going to have to Google that railway at some point, haven't heard of it.
MCard LOLA
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

dr-baker wrote:
Faustus wrote:I've done the East Kent Railway.

Volunteering at a railway sounds fun. 6-year-old me would have been ecstatic at the thought! I'm going to have to Google that railway at some point, haven't heard of it.

It's a very small railway inside what's left of Chatham Dockyard. I volunteered in the workshops working on whatever came up, which included one of the steam engines and a steam tug.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

I'm not much into trains, but i have a thing for abandoned railways somehow...

(and lego trains)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:I'm not much into trains, but i have a thing for abandoned railways somehow...

(and lego trains)

I can understand the appeal, I think. (Defo the Lego and model railways.)
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Hoping to ride this train at the end of next week: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XG4J6c5a39M
MCard LOLA