F1 Rewind on F1 YouTube channel

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1 Rewind on F1 YouTube channel

Post by Enforcer »

1) Who were those two eejits walking across the main straight at the end when there were still cars on track?

2) So I never saw that race as it happened because of family commitments, and have now determined the Ralf being faster than Damon thing in that race has been overstated a little.

Yes, Ralf was catching Hill mid-race, and yes Jordan ultimately dropped team orders on it. But Hill was over 15 seconds ahead of Ralf, an advantage that the Safety Car wiped out. And then on the first lap after the SC, Hill pulled out 2.3 seconds and kept him there for a couple of laps.

After that either they both struggled with tires, or were both managing their car.

I think had they both had to push full pelt (and neither fallen off the road) Hill would've stayed ahead.

3) Murray Walker on Jordan: "After years and years of striving just to get a point, let alone a win."
Em, Murray: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Canadian_Grand_Prix
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Enforcer wrote:3) Murray Walker on Jordan: "After years and years of striving just to get a point, let alone a win."

Classic murrayism
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

WeirdKerr wrote:
Enforcer wrote:3) Murray Walker on Jordan: "After years and years of striving just to get a point, let alone a win."

Classic murrayism

There was at least one other:
MW: Off goes Schumacher!"
MB: No, it's Irvine [with a slightly despairing tone]

Although, a lap or two later:
MB: Off goes a Tyrrell.
MW: The only Tyrrell...

Other observations from that 1998 Belgian Grand Prix:

1. It was commented upon on the warm up lap that there was a problem with one of the McLarens, with Damon Hill reporting that something fell off a McLaren. Was this something that fell off DC's car, and did this lead to the start-line crash, or was that purely a traction issue in the wet? It certainly wouldn't have been something that led to Hakkinen's spin on the restart because they would have checked his car over during the red-flag period, surely?

2. With all the focus on the incident between Michael Schumacher and DC, I had forgotten all about the incident between Fisichella and Nakano. That was a nasty crash.

3. Given the circumstances of just a few seasons earlier (1994), it is amazing that there were no injuries, barring a minor injury to Barrichello's elbow. And thankfully nobody got hurt in the crowd with all that flying debris at the startline crash. Some tyres really did get quite high.

4. I didn't hear any pauses in the commentary for the ITV ad breaks. Did they get all the ad breaks in during the initial red-flag period, that was skipped during this rerun?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx

Post by MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx »

Two excellent selections this week:2003 Britain with our favourite lunatic wandering down the track and plenty of overtaking and 1999 Australia with all sorts of overtaking, chaos and comedy smoking Stewarts on the grid...
Some people are looking for the meaning of life.Me,I'll be satisfied with a cute girl who can tell her Andrea Moda from her AGS...