The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

The place for alternate championships that use real results as a base of forming alternative results, driver careers, and games in general
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Wallio wrote:
madmark1974 wrote:Gran Turismo Sport has been announced for November this year, and, according to Metro, features :

Now, I've played every single GT (and prologues) right through to the end (minus a few Endurance races here and
there), but I'm not sure if any of the above particularly interests me.

I'll likely end up buying it anyway, but ...

Anyone excited about this?

First of all, people (not specifically you mad) need to stop trying to make "esports" a thing. It just isn't. But more worryingly, "where you compete for a real FIA licence" ummmm what?

Looked I'ved played every GT. They are fantastic sims. But in no way does winning a few online races qualify you for a competition license. Who in the hell thought that was a good idea?

Hasn't GT Academy been a thing for years now? (Since GT5 I think). Several Nissan teams (including the Blancpain GT series) use drivers that won GT Academy competitions. I think it's a novel concept, since who has the money to form a racing team from scratch these days? :D
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Wallio wrote:First of all, people (not specifically you mad) need to stop trying to make "esports" a thing. It just isn't.

And who are you to say it shouldn't be? It's a very popular thing now, and I suspect it will continue to become even more popular in the future.

Wallio wrote:Looked I'ved played every GT. They are fantastic sims. But in no way does winning a few online races qualify you for a competition license. Who in the hell thought that was a good idea?

So GT Academy is a waste of time then? Jann Mardenborough has no business competing in Super GT? It's not as simple as "win a few races and you get a licence". Prospective racers are expected to conform to certain standards of driving etiquette within the game and Kazunori Yamauchi has hinted at drivers having to undergo real-life tests before being allowed anywhere near a real-life driving cockpit.
#FreeGonzo
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
Hasn't GT Academy been a thing for years now? (Since GT5 I think). Several Nissan teams (including the Blancpain GT series) use drivers that won GT Academy competitions. I think it's a novel concept, since who has the money to form a racing team from scratch these days? :D

GT Academy doesn't just throw you into a car, you get the opportunity to train with Nissan factory guys. And then you race. And even then, many have washed out. This just seems dangerous. But then again, kids these days get handed everything thing they want, so why not this?
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Wallio wrote:But then again, kids these days get handed everything thing they want, so why not this?

Have you ever not moaned about anything ever?
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

I'm a big GT fan, but to be honest I'm put off by what seems to be a short career mode. I want to see a career mode like GT1-4, damn it!
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Regenmeister94 wrote:I'm a big GT fan, but to be honest I'm put off by what seems to be a short career mode. I want to see a career mode like GT1-4, damn it!

It was never supposed to be like the previous GT titles, hence why it's not called GT7 ;)

It's just the platform for their FIA-certified racing programme, as well as what I assume is kind of a prologue title for GT7. I don't know, from the start it always felt like it was going to be a spin-off game as a stepping stone onto a new platform rather than a full-blown seventh main entry in the series.
#FreeGonzo
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Have you ever not moaned about anything ever?

Nope, get off my god damned lawn.

Regenmeister94 wrote:I'm a big GT fan, but to be honest I'm put off by what seems to be a short career mode. I want to see a career mode like GT1-4, damn it!

It really does seem like its going to be a GT5 style failure again.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

A new motorsport management game is coming...

It's going to be a Football Manger styled/looking game. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

FMecha wrote:A new motorsport management game is coming...

It's going to be a Football Manger styled/looking game. :)

Sega are involved, and they've got experience of working with Sports Interactive who do FM.

Anyway, anyone got F1 2016?

This is the first F1 game I've bought since 2012, and I needed quite a while to get used the new cars. It took me a while to get the hang of modulating the throttle, getting through the shorter gear ratios, but I got there. I started a career with Sauber, which seems to handle a lot better than the Manor (although I've still binned it quite a few times...I tell ya, those wheel tethers work!).

It's pretty goddamn fun.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Ataxia wrote:Anyway, anyone got F1 2016?

This is the first F1 game I've bought since 2012, and I needed quite a while to get used the new cars. It took me a while to get the hang of modulating the throttle, getting through the shorter gear ratios, but I got there. I started a career with Sauber, which seems to handle a lot better than the Manor (although I've still binned it quite a few times...I tell ya, those wheel tethers work!).

It's pretty goddamn fun.

Yeah, installed it this morning, had a bit of a stab at it earlier. Feels pretty satisfying physics wise. Punishes you for being a berk with the throttle exactly as quickly as I'd expect an F1 car too. It's also very pretty and the career mode, even though I've only dipped my toe in to try track aclimatisation, looks like proper fun.

Honestly, the biggest problem I had so far is playing with my force feedback and wheel saturation to get a satisfactory feel. I've more or less got it to the sensitivity on turn in right, but it's just a tiny bit floaty in terms of feedback so far. But that's something I'll have tuned to my liking in a week.

Also need to work on my braking, most of the stuff I've raced since I started using the wheel doesn't really like more than 50-60% brake input. I'll have to train myself to go a bit harder, at least in the initial phase of braking whilst there's still a tonne of grip being generated by the wings, anyway.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Ataxia wrote:Anyway, anyone got F1 2016?

I started a career with Sauber, which seems to handle a lot better than the Manor

I have noticed that, the Sauber seems to be a much much better car. Didn't think there'd be such a performance gap if i'm being honest.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

So i have recently got F1 2016 and doing a career with Force India in my First race in Australia finished 6th from 13th on the grid after running 2nd in the early stages i must admit i am really struggling with tyre wear and under braking. At Bahrain started 3rd took the lead at the start got passed by Vettel after a few laps. Raikkonen spun at turn 3 holding the pack up so i had a fifteen second gap. Running a 3 stop strategy a Safety car at the wrong ruined my race would have finished second instead of fifth. If only i could somehow improve the tyre wear situation then i woudnt have to make an extra stop then the cars around me.
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

PS VR is out next week in the UK. Is anyone getting it?

Personally, I'm giving it at least a year and then see a) if there's anything worth playing, and b) how much the price has come down by.

If anyone does make the purchase, please let us know what you think to it all.
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

iRacing, the very serious racing sim in which very serious people race each other very seriously:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo2DL0NI2_o
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Thanks to the new livery editor in GT Sport, I've made a GP Rejects themed Porsche Cayman for the final round of the FIA Nations Cup test series - hopefully I can qualify for the top split race and get some coverage in the race replay that is posted on the Gran Turismo website's news page.

If anyone wants the GP Rejects logos for their own cars, I've shared them in the game and they can be found here:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gtsport ... 2091228160
https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gtsport ... 4172382208
This is a cool spot.
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Needs some Footwork logos, just to pay homage to the Footwork-Porsches.
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

I do like that GP Rejects Livery on that Porsche great job. I Would quite like to see or maybe attempt some GP Rejects Inspired liveries.
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

Regenmeister94 wrote:Needs some Footwork logos, just to pay homage to the Footwork-Porsches.

I think it needs some Life logos, just for good measure
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

iRacing recently released a bunch of Global Rallycross content, and had brought Scott Speed in to help develop and promote it... only to end up getting banned from their service by intentionally wrecking :facepalm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lgrf887OS8
This is a cool spot.
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

peteroli34 wrote:I do like that GP Rejects Livery on that Porsche great job. I Would quite like to see or maybe attempt some GP Rejects Inspired liveries.

Did one for the Skip Barber Race Series in iRacing a while back. I need to redo it though, it's very plain:

In game shot because iRacing doesn't have a showroom. MG Logos are because I can, most of the rest of the stuff is standard on the car
I occasionally do live broadcast races in it, but I'm never anywhere near the front and as such don't get coverage.

Working on a BMW Z4 GT3 atm:

Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Enforcer wrote:I occasionally do live broadcast races in it, but I'm never anywhere near the front and as such don't get coverage

I find this oddly appropriate.
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Aislabie wrote:
Enforcer wrote:I occasionally do live broadcast races in it, but I'm never anywhere near the front and as such don't get coverage

I find this oddly appropriate.

Also appropriate is that John "Skip" Barber who founded the racing school and real life series the iRacing car is based on, qualifies as an F1 Reject. And I believe the RL series went into financial difficulties and may now be defunct.

My last two results (which were in July & August, I haven't run it in quite a while) were:

Qualify 36th. Finish 29th from 48 runners.
Qualify 18th. Finish 14th from 36 runners, but that was at Mosport where I'm faster than anywhere else for some reason.

I have two top 10s though. I remember one, but not the other. I'll bump this next time I'm running.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

I did do a couple of liveries inspired by the site

If any one has GTsport and wants to add them to their collection.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport ... /carLivery
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Have you tried substituting the silver for white?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

So the latest GT Sport update comes with an original 80's F1 car design called F1500T-A... has anyone made a reject livery replica yet?
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Okay, so I'm watching a mad Danish WEC driver stream himself playing iRacing and it's the best thing ever. He keeps singing, taking the piss out of other drivers for throwing ludicrous blocks 10 minutes into a 3 hour race, and yelling in Danish through a megaphone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA-GajwKFwc

This bloke needs to be in Formula One.
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

40+ car double-header coming up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UCUH8Dt7tQ

Practice has me on course to qualify roughly last.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Well, somebody had to make a tribute to one of reject moments on GT Sport:
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

And a fine tribute it is. For some reason I didn't immediately notice Taki painted on the medical car. I would imagine that took a bit of work.

Liveries done, thanks in no small part to being snowed in from this day last week until Monday.

BMW:
Not sure how much action this is going to get because the GT3 schedule for the next three month season is rather devoid of tracks I enjoy.

Updated Skip Barber:
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Italian tanks arrived to World of Tanks, so I decided to have a bit of fun with my premium crew...

I was a bit limited by the available name combinations, but eventually managed to get a full 90s F1 crew with faces that bear some resemblance to their RL counterparts.

Also, my WoT nick is the same as here so if you play on the EU server, don't hesitate to send a friend request.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pCQ4nK ... e&t=44m39s

How much of a penalty would that be in F1, I wonder?
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Big ass sale on racing games and sims on Steam atm, for those interest.

50% of rFactor 2 (base game only) and Assetto Corsa, 66% off PCARS 2, 33% of R3E's purchased content... too bad I probably wouldn't have the time to play them.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Not sure whether to post it here or in ARWS livery HOF thread, but I remade my first and last ARWS cars in GT Sport. Here's the 2014 FM-14, where it all began...

...and the (stillborn) TM-20, the latest car. (One of sponsor logos changed in real life, so I updated it. Some aspects also have to be adapted to fit with the SF19 body shape.)
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

FMecha wrote:Not sure whether to post it here or in ARWS livery HOF thread, but I remade my first and last ARWS cars in GT Sport. Here's the 2014 FM-14, where it all began...

...and the (stillborn) TM-20, the latest car. (One of sponsor logos changed in real life, so I updated it. Some aspects also have to be adapted to fit with the SF19 body shape.)

They look awesome, well done!
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Very nice.
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

https://youtu.be/J5lelUH0XGc?t=243

15 Things You Need to Know Before You Buy GRID (2019)

"#11. Fernando Diaz:

Fernando Diaz, a 2 Time Formula One Champion, is a racing consultant on GRID..."

Ehm... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Since I still remembered, I happened to upload my liveries based on KL-racer's Alternate Super GT entries (remember those old series?).

2005 version, roughly based on the RoLFS livery:

And the 2007 version:
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

For those of you not on the Discord, I'm playing F1 2011 again and running the career mode. However, YOU get to make all my choices. I make zero choices regards to my career. I'll make a thread on this forum updating you all about how it's going. Miguel told me to put it up in 18-Meter Debut, so I'll see you all there!
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!