2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix Discussion Thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Londoner

2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix Discussion Thread

Post by Londoner »

Looks like our new friend Nikita has opened his Sbinalla account early this weekend...

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
tBone

Re: 2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix Discussion Thread

Post by tBone »

It's beginning to remind me of Rosset at Tyrrell. Awful car and not a great driver, but it's made far far worse because he's not a likeable guy at all. It can't be a good atmosphere at all on his side of the garage.
YOUR
LOGO

Here
ChopkinsBass

Post by ChopkinsBass »

He’s groping for form at the moment
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

ChopkinsBass wrote:He’s groping for form at the moment

Hi ChopkinsBass, and welcome to the forum!

Just a note, I know it's your first post and we're happy to have people joining in on the discussion, but let's keep it clean and pleasant please, especially regarding Mazepin's off-track behaviour.

Speaking of Mazepin, I saw that he crashed out less than five minutes in :D So two crashes in FP1, he's going for Vettel's spin record for 2020, and he's going to get it soon enough I'm sure!

There was a weird, clumsy, slow crash between Pérez and Ocon in FP1 as well that looked really weird. What was doubly weird is that there was zero footage of the accident taking place :roll:
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

It's very rare these days that we get a driver like Mazepin in F1. He has the potential to end up with a Memorial Forum named after him if he keeps this up. Just enjoy it, he may well be on verge of something spectacularly Rejectful this season.
Just For One Day...
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

CoopsII wrote:It's very rare these days that we get a driver like Mazepin in F1. He has the potential to end up with a Memorial Forum named after him if he keeps this up. Just enjoy it, he may well be on verge of something spectacularly Rejectful this season.
And haven't we missed it :D
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Mazepin = most incompetent driver since... Yuji Ide?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

:D
CoopsII wrote:It's very rare these days that we get a driver like Mazepin in F1. He has the potential to end up with a Memorial Forum named after him if he keeps this up. Just enjoy it, he may well be on verge of something spectacularly Rejectful this season.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Wanna see something terrible?

Look at this.

Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Psyclepath

Post by Psyclepath »

Mazepin should be penalised for that incident with Gio IMO. Common sense says that you leave a gap to the car in front before starting a flying lap.

Overtaking a car due to not leaving room is impeding to me.

On a separate note, I'll be missing this race (and pretty much all the European races) due to being busy between 1 and 4 on Sundays. This race looks set to be interesting, with a quirky starting grid. Tsunoda will charge from the back and do some vintage overtakes, I am sure.
IceG

Post by IceG »

Perez overtook two cars under the safety car. Why did he not get two penalties?
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Did anything happen with Kimi being under investigation? Can't find anything about it on Autosport.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

Two good ones in a row! This season is shaping up nicely, although the weather probably played a big part in helping save us from another Imola snooze-fest today.

I hope poor old Perez frees himself from The Curse of the Red Bull No. 2 soon!
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

James1978 wrote:Did anything happen with Kimi being under investigation? Can't find anything about it on Autosport.

Yep, he's been slapped with a 30-sec penalty, which promotes Nando into P10.
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Ouch - especially as points could be hard to come by for Alfa Romeo.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Whilst I did enjoy Russell boinking Bottas on the skid-lid afterwards it looked pretty 50/50 to me.
Just For One Day...
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

When Max went sideways trying to line up the restart, was Charles just being polite by not leaping ahead of him and leaving Max to sort himself out?
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
mario

Post by mario »

yannicksamlad wrote:When Max went sideways trying to line up the restart, was Charles just being polite by not leaping ahead of him and leaving Max to sort himself out?

Leclerc has suggested he briefly thought about it, but because Max was only momentarily off the track, he decided not to take the risk - Norris, however, has suggested that he might have taken the gamble and tried to pass Max whilst he was briefly off the track.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

CoopsII wrote:Whilst I did enjoy Russell boinking Bottas on the skid-lid afterwards it looked pretty 50/50 to me.

Yeah, I love a bit of afters. I'd say it was more Russell's fault than Bottas's though.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Late to the party here, and asking a question that I could probably find the answer to elsewhere, but has it been explained why the race was re-started with a rolling start after the red flag rather than a grid start like Monza and Mugello last year?
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Warren Hughes wrote:Late to the party here, and asking a question that I could probably find the answer to elsewhere, but has it been explained why the race was re-started with a rolling start after the red flag rather than a grid start like Monza and Mugello last year?

Cowards were too afraid of one side of the grid being wet. :pantano:
mario

Post by mario »

Warren Hughes wrote:Late to the party here, and asking a question that I could probably find the answer to elsewhere, but has it been explained why the race was re-started with a rolling start after the red flag rather than a grid start like Monza and Mugello last year?

The justification given was that, as one side of the grid was noticeably wetter than the other side, opting for a standing start would unfairly penalise those drivers who would start on that side of the grid. There were also concerns that having some drivers making very slow starts from the grid might run the risk of causing a pile up, potentially resulting in an accident that resulted in back to back red flags.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"