Driver Profile: Sebastien Bourdais

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Londoner

Driver Profile: Sebastien Bourdais

Post by Londoner »

Evening everyone :)

We're on a roll at Grand Prix Rejects with our third driver profile of the year, and my word have we a whopper for you lovely people today. A legendary figure across the pond in ChampCar, you can certainly argue Sebastien Bourdais was very hard-done-by during his 18 month stint in F1, but it means we can cherish and worship him as one of our own.

Fast becoming our reincarnation of the long-missed Enoch, Rob Dylan has taken on the task of profiling the 36-time CCWS/IndyCar winner, and has delivered the goods, which you can read right here today!

Driver Profile - Sebastien Bourdais
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Driver Profile: Sebastien Bourdais

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Very good article, well done by everyone who helped write it!

Bourdais made the most of what he dealt outside of F1, and is probably one of the most successful drivers to be an F1 reject.

And yet again Briatore shows why people shouldn't trust his word. :shock:
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Terrific work , thanks.

I do remember wanting Bourdais to do well in F2 having followed the F3000 successes, and then watching him having no luck at all in 2008. That Belgian GP - I remember well trying to work out what happened to him on the last lap ( there was a lot of other action being shown on the TV )
I hadnt realised the frequency of the issues with Paul Tracy though!
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

That was great, loved it. Poor old Bourdais but I guess he was always destined to be 'That Other Sebastian' if he'd lasted longer in F1. Once again F1 makes Indycar look easy by comparison.
Just For One Day...
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

CoopsII wrote:That was great, loved it. Poor old Bourdais but I guess he was always destined to be 'That Other Sebastian' if he'd lasted longer in F1. Once again F1 makes Indycar look easy by comparison.

I was also trying to find a place to put in the random fact that for the first half of 2009, we had Sebastian Vettel in the Red Bull, Sébastien Bourdais and Sébastien Buemi in the Toro Rosso. Only Mark Webber wasn't a Sebastian in the Red Bull family :D
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Hah, yeah and one day I’ll tell my grandchildren of that time The Matrix glitched and Felipe Massa and Felipe Nasr raced at the same time. :vergne:
Just For One Day...
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Alas we missed the best timeline when we could have had on the grid at the same time:

two Germans called Michael Bartels and Michael Schumacher
Sébastien Bourdais, Sebastian Vettel, and Sébastien Buemi
Felipe Nasr and Felipe Massa
Heinz-Harald and Heidfeld
Mark Blundell and Martin Blundell

The ultimate commentator's nightmare :twisted:
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!