Rantbox

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
1993DonningtonNo1Mk2

Re: Rantbox

Post by 1993DonningtonNo1Mk2 »

Oh yes, Christian 'The biggest crybaby in F1' Horner, trying to cause as much trouble for Mercedes as he possibly can.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

This is going to be like 2012 with the title decided by an undeserved crash
I'm just angry and needed to say that somewhere
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

1993DonningtonNo1Mk2 wrote:Oh yes, Christian 'The biggest crybaby in F1' Horner, trying to cause as much trouble for Mercedes as he possibly can.

The trouble is he's making it personal against Hamilton, rather than Mercedes, which is why Hamilton was booed at the weekend. He's a big boy and he can take it but unless Horner drops this and moves on I do foresee more unpleasantness and, potentially, disruption.
Just For One Day...
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

1993DonningtonNo1Mk2 wrote:The trouble is he's making it personal against Hamilton, rather than Mercedes, which is why Hamilton was booed at the weekend. He's a big boy and he can take it but unless Horner drops this and moves on I do foresee more unpleasantness and, potentially, disruption.

Yeah, the return of booing has not been welcome, and reminds me of the dark days of 2014-15 where every Merc race winner got booed louder than they were cheered week-in week-out.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
mario

Post by mario »

CoopsII wrote:
1993DonningtonNo1Mk2 wrote:Oh yes, Christian 'The biggest crybaby in F1' Horner, trying to cause as much trouble for Mercedes as he possibly can.

The trouble is he's making it personal against Hamilton, rather than Mercedes, which is why Hamilton was booed at the weekend. He's a big boy and he can take it but unless Horner drops this and moves on I do foresee more unpleasantness and, potentially, disruption.

It does come across as a very deliberate tactic to target him as much as possible, and I am likewise concerned about the reaction that Red Bull are going to cause.

There has already been a fairly sharp spike in racist abuse being directed at Hamilton in particular and at Mercedes as a whole, and quite a few Max fans have been openly saying that they are ramping up the hostility because they think they have been wronged and that anything goes now.

Worse still is that there have been those wanting to stir conspiracy theories and to keep the Max fans in a fevered state of fury. I am worried that some are trying to create a mentality that is closer to that of football hooligans and that it might end up with that anger spilling over into fighting in the stands, with the continued prodding and stirring from Horner and others being used as justification for their acts.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

mario wrote:It does come across as a very deliberate tactic to target him as much as possible,

Yeah, it's an unusual approach. My opinion is that he's observed the way the world's turned and he's taking the opportunity to be the racist prick he's probably always been.
Just For One Day...
Francis23

Post by Francis23 »

Fans who boo drivers shouldn't be welcome at the track, I didn't like it when Vettel was being booed, and I don't like it now, it isn't a football match, these guys risk their lives for our entertainment, show some appreciation even if you're not keen on a particular driver.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

If I were a Verstappen fan I’d take the opportunity this weekend to not leave myself open to being accused of being a racist prick. I really hope nobody does anything stupid that makes headlines.
Just For One Day...
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

This one’s grated with me for a while now but the whole “Mr Saturday” moniker for George Russell has become tiresome in my eyes. I know he’s done amazing things with that car over a single lap and I really like him for it but it’s quite boring to hear it after he’s done what I consider to be the bare minimum of reaching Q2 in 14th or 15th. If anything it’s a failure if he’s not getting past Q1. It reminds me of how Ricciardo used to be in his Toro Rosso days when you knew it wouldn’t be sustained in race trim.

At Mercedes next year the media should be judging Russell on Sunday’s when it actually counts given what he’ll be up against. He’ll definitely outqualify Hamilton a few times but Bottas has done that many times and look how most of his Sundays go.

Sadly with even the Official F1 game using the Mr Saturday line it’s not going away any time soon
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

Is this thread still relevant? If so, then what was going on at Suzuka today? Pierre Gasly came close to hitting a tractor that was on track while the cars were still circulating! Hello! Jules Bianchi anyone? Has nothing been learned in 8 years? That is just plain unacceptable! The FIA seem to content to make themselves and F1 as shambolic as humanly possible more and more with every passing year! This is beyond ridiculous!