Chris Dagnall F1 Career -- 1984/????

Archive for the three above subforums
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Chris Dagnall F1 Career -- 1984/????

Post by Aerond »

Hi there!

I open this topic to narrate you about my current adventure in GP2 - A whole F1 career starting in 1984 and ending who knows when -depending on results, that is- My alter ego is the young and promising Chris Dagnall, who enters the circus with 24 years old.

Why GP2?? Easy: it has all those tracks and carsets needed, it accepts 14 teams and is the best F1 sim ever made!

Currently I have finished the 1985 season, so I´m going to briefly tell you what happened in my first two seasons in Formula 1.

For my debut in Formula 1 I signed backmarkers Osella, being the only option available as the other rookies took places in better teams. The start of the season wasn´t very good, as I was involved in early accidents in the first two races; Rio (won by Hesnault) and Kyalami, won by Stefan Bellof after all the favourites retired. After some reliability problems I got to finish my first F1 race in Monaco in 8th pos., in a race won by Lauda, who at this stage was leading in the championship ahead of Prost. After another accident in Canada I finished both races in the USA and scored a 6th in Detroit and a fantastic 4th in a crazy race at Dallas. More accidents in Silverstone, Hockenheim and Zandvoort, and a dreadfully slow performance in Osterreichring (14th and last) didn´t make my bosses too happy, but another finish in the points for 5th at Monza meant I would finish my very first F1 season with 6 points and 17th in the championship. A miracle considering the Osella was only faster than the ATS and RAM. Despite having retired 6 times with accidents I think that was just lack of experience with the car and the tracks. Prost was finally champion ahead of Lauda, who had lots of DNF mid-season when everything in his car seemed to brake. The constructors championship was won by McLaren, with Tyrrell doing an amazing 2nd place and Renault in 3rd. Osella did 8th with 13 points, ahead of Ligier and Brabham (with an extremely unlucky and upset Nelson Piquet, who just managed to finish 1 race in the points)

After a good first season, british team Arrows decided to recruit me, given Berger output with the ATS (having qualified for very few races), who instead got my seat at Osella along Rothengatter. This second season was very hard for me as Boutsen was really fast with his Arrows, and managed to qualify in top 10 at most of the venues, while I hardly did better than 15th. In general it was a very disappointing season after retiring 9 times due to accidents. In fact, I was oon the verge of being fired at the end of the season when I got my first podium finish with a great run at home in Brands Hatch, with a fantastic 2nd place and having run only slower than Prost, Piquet and Senna during the race. My other great race came at Monaco, where I destroyed twice my nosecone in the first 10 laps. After being last I did what I consider my best race yet in Formula 1, with a confident drive to 5th position, after overtaking Boutsen, who had over 50 seconds of advantage in lap 10. In general, as I say, it was a disappointing season because all those DNF, specially with my accident at Estoril, where I was fast enough to finish in the points, and at Imola, where I was also very fast but another incident in first lap took all my options and I ended spinning out with a broken suspension arm near the end. I finished 15th in the drivers championship with 8 points, while Boutsen scored 15, meaning a 6th position for Arrows in the constructors championship. Ayrton Senna took the title easily given Alboreto´s lack of speed in the second half of the season and the unlucky Prost, who had an incredible string of mechanical failures of all shorts and just took the 3rd place of the championship after winning in Australia. The constructors championship was also easily won by Lotus, followed by Ferrari and shortly afterwards Williams. At the end of the season Elio de Angelis decided to retire from F1 and center his career in sportscars after being beaten by Senna, and Bellof run out of credit with Tyrrell (got 3 points while team-mate Brundle did 15), and he´s unlikely given another drive for 1986 (I like to keep things nice with deaths :p)

So, I´m really looking forward to my 3rd season in F1 and my 2nd with the team Arrows and now I feel really confident to try to beat my team-mate for the first time. If I´m able to keep my car on track, that is. From now onwards I´ll keep you updated race by race!
Last edited by Aerond on 22 Aug 2012, 13:36, edited 1 time in total.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Barbazza

Re: My GP2 reject career - 1984/????

Post by Barbazza »

Aerond wrote:The start of the season wasn´t very good, as I was involved in early accidents in the first two races; Rio (won by Hesnault)

!!!!!!

I love GP2. Shame that, despite my best efforts, including attempting to get it to work on Dosbox, I cannot get it to work on my current PC. I've still got a really old PC hanging around as I've got it loaded up on there and can't bear to be without it available somewhere. Really hassly to get that old thing loaded up mind.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Barbazza wrote:
!!!!!!

I love GP2. Shame that, despite my best efforts, including attempting to get it to work on Dosbox, I cannot get it to work on my current PC. I've still got a really old PC hanging around as I've got it loaded up on there and can't bear to be without it available somewhere. Really hassly to get that old thing loaded up mind.

Try Virtual PC from Microsoft: It allows you to create a virtual hard-drive to install any old MS OS: I run Windows 98; Perfect to use Gp2 and all the editors as well.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

1984 FINAL STANDINGS

Drivers

1. Alain Prost -- 71 points
2. Niki Lauda -- 42 points
3. Michele Alboreto -- 33
4. Martin Brundle -- 32
5. Elio de Angelis -- 31
6. Patrick Tambay -- 28
7. Stefan Bellof -- 27
8. Dereck Warwick -- 23
9. Ayrton Senna -- 16
10. François Hesnault -- 12
11. Keke Rosberg -- 11
12. Rene Arnoux -- 9
13. Riccardo Patrese -- 9
14. Piercarlo Ghinzani -- 7
15. Nelson Piquet -- 6
16. Thierry Boutsen -- 6
17. Chris Dagnall -- 6
18. Teo Fabi -- 5
19. Johnny Cecotto -- 4
20. Jacques Laffite -- 3
21. Marc Surer -- 2
22. Nigel Mansell -- 1

Constructors

1. McLaren -- 113
2. Tyrrell -- 59
3. Renault -- 51
4. Ferrari -- 42
5. Lotus -- 32
6. Toleman -- 20
7. Williams -- 14
8. Osella -- 13
9. Ligier -- 12
10. Brabham -- 11
11. Alfa -- 9
12. Arrows -- 8
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

1985 FINAL STANDINGS

Drivers

1. Ayrton Senna -- 80 points
2. Michele Alboreto -- 51
3. Alain Prost -- 37
4. Nigel Mansell -- 33
5. Nelson Piquet -- 29
6. Keke Rosberg -- 25
7. Elio de Angelis -- 22
8. Thierry Boutsen -- 18
9. Martin Brundle -- 15
10. Patrick Tambay -- 12
11. Stefan Johansson -- 12
12. Dereck Warwick -- 10
13. Jacques Laffite -- 9
14. Niki Lauda -- 9
15. Chris Dagnall -- 8
16. Riccardo Patrese -- 5
17. François Hesnault -- 4
18. Eddie Cheever -- 4
19. Piercarlo Ghinzani -- 3
20. Stefan Bellof -- 3
21. Huub Rothengatter -- 2
22. Andrea de Cesaris -- 2
23. Teo Fabi -- 1

Constructors

1. Lotus -- 102
2. Ferrari -- 63
3. Williams -- 58
4. McLaren -- 46
5. Brabham -- 33
6. Arrows -- 26
7. Renault -- 22
8. Tyrrell -- 22
9. Ligier -- 11
10. Alfa -- 9
11. Toleman -- 4
12. Osella -- 2
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Aerond wrote:Try Virtual PC from Microsoft: It allows you to create a virtual hard-drive to install any old MS OS: I run Windows 98; Perfect to use Gp2 and all the editors as well.

Maybe I'm just technically extremely thick but I can't get this to work either!

I've tried Virtual PC 2007 and 2004 (both of which say that my system isn't supported? I'm running Windows XP Home Edition so this seems unlikely) and when I go to create a virtual PC with Windows 98 it tries to load up and...nothing happens. The 2007 version just does nothing and the 2004 version says 'Reboot and select proper Boot device'.

Any ideas? I'm beginning to think nothing will get it to work on this bloody PC.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Barbazza wrote:
Aerond wrote:Try Virtual PC from Microsoft: It allows you to create a virtual hard-drive to install any old MS OS: I run Windows 98; Perfect to use Gp2 and all the editors as well.

Maybe I'm just technically extremely thick but I can't get this to work either!

I've tried Virtual PC 2007 and 2004 (both of which say that my system isn't supported? I'm running Windows XP Home Edition so this seems unlikely) and when I go to create a virtual PC with Windows 98 it tries to load up and...nothing happens. The 2007 version just does nothing and the 2004 version says 'Reboot and select proper Boot device'.

Any ideas? I'm beginning to think nothing will get it to work on this bloody PC.

No idea, I run 2007 with good results. Maybe you can try to reinstall or get a good, clean CD of Windows 98?
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

1986 - ROUND 1 - BRAZIL

I arrived to Brazil with great expectations over the new seasons. We in Arrows only were able to shakedown the car in Imola two weeks before the start of the championship and we were uncertain about our chances this weekend.

In first qualifying I wasn´t able to find a good setup and could only do 26th. In second qualifying I got a better setup, though no perfect, and I got a 1.32.527, although qualifying ended when I was about to improve 0.7 secs. In the end, a disappointing 23rd, behind the Minardis and far from Boutsen, my team-mate.

Qualifying

-- I´ll always post Top 6, my team-mate pos. and those drivers around me.

1. N. Mansell -- 1.27.051
2. A. Senna -- 1.27.209
3. K. Rosberg -- 1.27.654
4. G. Berger -- 1.27.767
5. N. Piquet -- 1.28.095
6. A. Prost -- 1.28.292
-----
15. T. Boutsen -- 1.30.164
-----
21. A. Nannini -- 1.31.871
22. A. De Cesaris -- 1.32.235
23. C. Dagnall -- 1.32.527
24. P. Ghinzani -- 1.34.150

Race

I did a bad start and by the time I got to the 1st corner I was 25th, then I touched Capelli´s rear wheel and my front wing flew off. My pace was terribly slow, but previous experience from Rio told me there would be a huge number of retirements... and that´s exactly what happened, so I decided to take it easy and try to take the car to the finish line. In lap 40 I was running 7th when I got a problem with the engine. Thankfully I made it to the pits and when I came back there were only 4 cars on track: De Cesaris, with the Minardi, both Zakspeed and me!! De Cesaris and Rothengatter got lots of advantage so I fought with Palmer for 3rd, I went off the track and got to replace the front wing again after fighting him for a few laps; He also got to pit due to a puncture, but I never got him again. De Cesaris was about to win when he retired with 2 laps to go, meaning Zakspeed got an amazing 1-2, with me 3rd and De Cesaris 4th. Nobody else qualified so nobody took the points for 5th and 6th!! It was a really tough race and the many accidents and retirements in the first few laps made this incredible result, which is likely to never happen again. All in all, although the result was amazing, I leave Brazil a little bit upset with the pace of the car which need to be improved in order to fight for regular point finishes; although I felt a little bit more confident with the car towards the end of the race and my best lap was close to those of the Brabham´s and my team-mate. I also felt I would have won without the engine trouble, as I was approaching De Cesaris at 1.5 secs per lap when that happened.

Standings:

1. H. Rothengatter -- 1h46m37.148
2. J. Palmer -- +1.01.369
3. C. Dagnall -- +1lap
4. A. De Cesaris -- +1lap

Next race: Spanish GP -- Jerez
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Zakspeed 1-2... the world is coming to an end! :lol:
Anyways good job in Brazil and best of luck for the next race
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

1986 - ROUND 2 - SPAIN

Qualifying

I arrived to Spain with high hopes as I thought a slower track would fit better the Arrows but I was wrong. I used one qualifying tyre set to learn the track in practice so that left me with 1 set for each of the qualifying sessions. In the first one I concentrated in doing a base time, while on saturday I prefered to use a faster setup which worked but it wasn´t as good as expected. I spun off on my best lap so the final result was 22nd.

1. A. Senna -- 1.15.092
2. N. Mansell -- 1.15.365
3. K. Rosberg -- 1.15.666
4. N. Piquet -- 1.15.978
5. R. Arnoux -- 1.16.091
6. T. Fabi -- 1.16.206
----
15. T. Boutsen -- 1.17.567
----
20. A. De Cesaris -- 1.18.989
21. A. Nannini -- 1.19.347
22. C. Dagnall -- 1.19.240
23. H. Rothengatter -- 1.21.160

Race

I can´t tell much about the race because I didn´t pass the 300m mark. I did a good start and got the inside on the first corner but I attacked too agressively and collided with Alan Jones, I could have continued on 3 tyres to the pits but I spun on 1st corner and another car hit me taking one of the rear tyres. Ahead Prost, Senna and Piquet fought for the win. It was going to be Senna´s race but he retired with an oil leak so the french won in the end ahead of both Williams.

1. A. Prost -- 1h39m39.374
2. N. Piquet -- +8.665
3. N. Mansell -- +11.212
4. K. Rosberg -- +51.087
5. R. Arnoux -- +1.03.807
6. S.Johansson -- +1 lap
7. G.Berger -- +1 lap
8. T. Fabi -- +1 lap
9. P.Streiff -- +1lap
10. A. De Cesaris -- +3 laps
11. P. Ghinzani -- +4 laps
12. M. Alboreto -- +5 laps
13. H. Rothengatter -- +7 laps

Next race: San Marino GP - Imola
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

1986 - ROUND 3 - SAN MARINO

Qualifying

Things got better in a track I like and in fact I decided to use the very same car setup I used the year before. It didn´t work as well due to the lack of speed of the Arrows but I finished 18th this time. On Saturday I decided to go for different setups but none of them worked very well so my friday´s time was valid. On top, Senna and Mansell were absolutely unbeatable.

1. A. Senna -- 1.18.792
2. N. Mansell -- 1.19.076
3. K. Rosberg -- 1.20.166
4. N. Piquet -- 1.20.205
5. R. Arnoux -- 1.20.319
6. A. Prost -- 1.20.400
----
15. T. Boutsen -- 1.22.083
16. D. Warwick -- 1.22.124
17. M. Brundle -- 1.22.164
18. C. Dagnall -- 1.22.391
19. A. Jones -- 1.22.436

Race

This time I decided to play it safe at Tosa and not to attack but I got a bad result again: Jonathan Palmer entered like a madman from behind and I was pushed to Patrese´s Brabham. The front wing flew off again and I spun later, so by the end of the 1st lap I was last and I had to pit. Out of the pits I started to chase Capelli and I was lapped by Mansell in lap 12!! Prost, Senna and Rosberg retired in the first 10 laps so the race was decided for the Williams team. After Capelli I also passed Rothengatter in the pits and I was chasing De Cesaris for 13th when in lap 32 I lost the brakes and I had to park the car for good. Mansell won as expected and Piquet had to retire, giving way for a great battle for the 3rd place between Dumfries, Berger and Laffite, eventually won by the British. Boutsen drove safe for his first point of the season. Although we improved and I did the 14th fastest lap we´re still far from the top cars.

1. N. Mansell -- 1h24m40.289
2. R. Arnoux -- +1m14.771
3. J. Dumfries -- +1 lap
4. G. Berger -- +1 lap
5. J. Laffite -- +1 lap
6. T. Boutsen -- +2 laps
7. M. Brundle -- +2 laps
8. R. Patrese -- +6 laps
9. T. Fabi -- +7 laps
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

1986 - ROUND 4 - MONACO

I have to say it: Monaco is my fave track of the season!!! Its tight corners and barriers mean you have to drive to your limit and any errors cost you seconds, if not the race. That´s the reason is so interesting to drive for 78 laps enclosed there. I also like it because of the results I´ve gotten there so far, with an 8th in my first F1 season, which also was my first F1 finish, and the 5th last year, coming from last in lap 10.

Qualifying

The qualifying was pretty straight: I got a really good time on thursday, and it was impossible to achieve something even close on saturday. Most of the drivers around did their best time on thursday as well, so it didn´t matter. I also passed Boutsen for the first time this season :)

1. A. Senna -- 1.16.777
2. N. Mansell -- 1.16.897
3. K. Rosberg -- 1.17.315
4. N. Piquet -- 1.17.477
5. R. Arnoux -- 1.17.612
6. G. Berger -- 1.17.744
----
11. M. Alboreto -- 1.18.285
12. C. Dagnall -- 1.18.365
13. M. Brundle -- 1.18.579
----
17. T.Boutsen -- 1.19.035

Race

I have to admit it: I must be the worst driver ever in avoiding accidents at first corner!! Again I broke too late and I crashed into Streiff´s Tyrrell after another bad start. I had to come back to the pits on 3 tyres, but in the meantine I was also able to hold 3 other drivers until the end of first lap. I was going for 3 pit-stops and I decided not to change that, meaning I had to fly in order to get a positive result. Said and done. In lap 7 I had passed Rothengatter and Capelli and by lap 14 De Cesaris was done. I got to Jones and Warwick before entering the pits. After the first pit I got to Boutsen and afterwards I was running 11th out of 16 and chasing Johansson, I was running 7th before my second pit-stop (which was the limit, as I was 20 seconds to Laffite with the last pit left). When I came out I got to Johansson and the vision I had was a dream come true: drivers running from 7th to 11th in the same group!! If I passed them all, I would probably get to the points if somebody in top 6 retired; with 33 laps to go, this seemed possible. I got to pass Johansson in La Rascasse in lap 45, in lap 46 I did it in the same place to Fabi and I was going for Dumfries when the car stopped with the transmission broken. End of the race. I would have surely gotten 5th place instead of Fabi. Another proof is that I got 6th fastest lap! I´m a little bit concerned about reliability now after Boutsen also left the race earlier and the problems in San Marino and Brazil, but that´s how the car is and what I have to do is to drive as fast as possible. Mansell got an easy win over Senna and Piquet, who fought in the first half of the race for 2nd pos. Prost retired in lap 6.

1. N. Mansell -- 1h47m18.173
2. A. Senna -- +29.385
3. N. Piquet -- +52.595
4. J. Laffite -- +1.14.089
5. T. Fabi -- +1 lap
6. S. Johansson -- +1 lap
7. P. Tambay -- +2 laps
8. M. Alboreto -- +3 laps
9. R. Arnoux -- +4 laps
10. J. Dumfries -- +5 laps
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Drive as fast as you can and hope that your car doesn't explode until after you cross the finish line.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

1986 - ROUND 5 - BELGIUM

If I like Monaco, Spa is almost equally up in the list, but there´s one diference: I usually do well in Monaco and I do badly in Spa. There was no difference this time: 19th in the grid after setting my time on friday. I wasn´t too far to Boutsen, though: Less than 0.1

1. A. Senna -- 1.46.931
2. N. Mansell -- 1.47.298
3. K. Rosberg -- 1.47.617
----
18. T. Boutsen -- 1.51.022
19. C. Dagnall -- 1.51.098
20. P. Streiff -- 1.52.096

In race, guess what?? I did a good start and I was 12th after La Source when Dumfries deliberately closed the door at the entrance of Eau Rouge and my front wing flew off. I didn´t feel too bad for the bastard when he crashed there in 2nd lap. After the mandatory pit-stop I came back and I had passed Capelli and Rothengatter in lap 5 when I touched the exit of Eau Rouge a bit too much and that was the end of the race for me. Such a pity because only 4 cars finished and I lost a good chance of scoring some points. Boutsen did 3rd so he´s passed me in the championship now.

1. N. Mansell -- 1h22m02.023
2. M. Alboreto -- +1.44.045
3. T. Boutsen -- +1 lap
4. J. Palmer -- +1 lap
5. R. Patrese -- +4 laps
6. A. Senna -- +5 laps

ROUND 6 - CANADA

The high kerbs of Montreal are really a problem for me and, as previous years, I wasn´t able to find a good pace in practice. Then, in 1st qualifying I managed to score a base time when I crashed. I lost all the session and concentrated on Saturday, but I had two more accidents and couldn´t improve my time AT ALL. I miracously qualified, thanks to Danner´s Osella, who was again painfully slow.

1. N. Mansell -- 1.18.686
2. K. Rosberg -- 1.19.394
3. A. Senna -- 1.19.569
-----
17. T Boutsen -- 1.21.644
-----
24. P. Ghinzani -- 1.25.334
25. C. Dagnall -- 1.25.872
26. I. Capelli -- 1.26.048

In race I managed to avoid trouble for a while. This track is really dangerous because of the kerbs and I think it should be reconsidered for next year. Every driver complained and the race was, as the previous years, a complete lottery. First lap took both Ferraris and Senna´s Lotus, 2nd lap saw Dumfries, Fabi and Patrese crash, and so on. I managed to stay in the track until I was about to make my first pit-stop, when I also crashed in Lap 20. It´s a real pity as only 2 cars ended the race!!! I was also starting to find a better pace, similar to the Minardi of Nannini. Only Mansell and Tambay qualified so there were only two drivers in the podium!!! A great chance wasted.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

1986 - ROUND 7 - USA

Qualifying

1. N. Mansell -- 1.30.641
2 .A. Senna -- 1.30.930
3. G. Berger -- 1.31.017
----
19. T. Boutsen -- 1.33.933
20. J. Palmer -- 1.34.132
21. C. Dagnall -- 1.34.589
22. A. Nannini -- 1.34.846

Another bad weekend. Although I like Detroit the car is not very competitive now so 21st is all I could do. It was a little bit discouraging to see Boutsen do only half a sec better than me. Bad news for the team.

Race

As usual, I crashed in first corner, this time with Boutsen!! So at the end of 1st lap we both were last. I started to climb as fast as possible -Boutsen left the race in lap 3-, and by lap 20 my race was done, as I was in front of Rothengatter´s Zakspeed, the Minardis and Capelli and more than 30 secs behind Warwick. It was just about to bring car home then. I couldn´t even manage to do that after the Suspension broke in lap 36. In the front, Mansell easily won again, but at least Senna was able to finish. Prost is having again a cursed season with the Mclaren, which is really unreliable!!

1. N. Mansell -- 1h44m00.517
2. A. Senna -- +44.521
3. K. Rosberg -- +56.296
4. R. Arnoux -- +1 lap
5. J. Dumfries -- +1 lap
6. M. Alboreto -- +2 laps
7. H. Rothengatter -- +4 laps

ROUND 8 - FRANCE

Qualifying

I spent both Friday and Saturday trying to find the correct amount of wing. The car only seemed fine in the first sector, but not in the middle and last section, where I lost more than 1 second to my team-mate. In the end only got 23rd. Mansell was a bit off the pace for the first time this season.

1. A. Senna -- 1.03.958
2. N. Piquet -- 1.04.281
3. N. Mansell -- 1.04.768
----
16. T. Boutsen -- 1.06.670
----
22. A. Nannini -- 1.07.637
23. C. Dagnall -- 1.07.999
24. H. Rothengatter -- 1.09.184

Race

I aimed for just 1 pit-stop hoping the tyres would last 40 laps, but instead I had quite an eventful race. In the first lap I moved up to 12th only not to be able to follow the pace and droping to 16th by lap 8. Then fatality struck for the 1st time: Boutsen had trouble and Warwick was behind him, with me behind Warwick. Then I tried a move on Warwick, but he changed his line at the last sec and I lost the front wing. Then, I had to wait in the box behind Boutsen. I decided to do my only stop then. This was an error and due to the tremendous weight I lost speed inmediately (I barely gained time over Rothengatter), only to suffer a puncture in lap 16. A few laps later I was hit by Mansell when I was being lapped and I was hit again by Alan Jones in lap 40. By then I was dead last but at least I was managing to keep the car on track. That was until lap 60, when I spun and when trying to go round I was hit by Alain Prost. The poor frenchman was running second by then (Mansell had spun and was 3rd) and he had to retire again. Piquet was unbeatable and he took an easy win. At least Boutsen wasn´t much faster than me and managed only an 11th, behind both Minardis! I have scored 7 DNF in a row, as I did too in 1985.

1. N. Piquet -- 1h31m16.119
2. N. Mansell -- +1 lap
3. J. Laffite -- +1 lap
4. S. Johansson -- +1 lap
5. R. Patrese -- +2 laps
6. J. Dumfries -- +2 laps
7. M. Brundle -- +2 laps
8. P. Streiff -- +3 laps
9. A. De Cesaris -- +4 laps
10. A. Nannini -- +4 laps
11. T. Boutsen -- +5 laps
12. H. Rothengatter -- +5 laps
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

You are De Cesaris.

Question: Why is Dumfries so good in this?
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

thehemogoblin wrote:You are De Cesaris.

Question: Why is Dumfries so good in this?

Should my name be Crash Dagnall??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don´t know why Dumfries is having good results either. Is way slower than Senna, but the Lotus is still a powerful car and is relatively reliable. That´s why it has scored a couple of times.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

This is very interesting, with all the weird results, Life may well win a couple of races in 1990 if you get that far.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

1986 - ROUND 9 - BRITAIN

As some of you know, my best ever result was at Brands Hatch at the European GP in 1985, when I finished second. Then it should be no secret that I was really waiting for the British GP at the same track to happen, plus is always great to race in front of your people and friends. Brands Hatch will always be a special place in my career.

Qualifying

For the very first time this season, the car showed to be really competitive from the beggining of the weekend and with my set of tyres for Friday I was able to score a really cool 7th, but my real performance came on Saturday. On my last lap I just put fuel for 1 fast lap before running our of it and I secured 2nd position, just less than 0.1 from Senna!!! The home GP started really well. Boutsen couldn´t take anything from the Arrows and qualified just 17th this time.

1. A. Senna -- 1.09.556
2. C. Dagnall -- 1.09.603
3. N. Mansell -- 1.09.723
4. K. Rosberg -- 1.09.940
5. N. Piquet -- 1.10.185
6. R. Arnoux -- 1.10.310
----
17. T. Boutsen -- 1.11.739

Race

I agreed with the team taking it easy on the first lap and go for a standard 2 pit-stop strategy, which is what everybody did. In the start I managed to keep 2nd place, although Mansell passed me in the 1st lap. Little by little I found a good pace and by lap 10 I was first and I started to leave Senna behind. He was about 10 secs behind when I did the 1st pit-stop. The difference had fallen to 6.2 (now to Mansell) in lap34 when I commited a fatal error: I took a different line at Dingle Dell trying to get to Mansell´s times -really fast with the new tyres- and i spun off. It took me about 25 secs and I came back 3rd 10 secs from Senna. Then I started a string of really fast laps and I was 3.2 to Senna in lap 40 when fatality struck again: I had an Electric Problem. Even worse, it happened at the beggining of the lap, so it took me really long to get to the pits to repair it. I decided to do my second pit-stop then and back to the track in 9th place I had to cut the distance. I was 7th in lap 42 and 5th in lap 44 and I started to cut time over Rosberg in 4th place. From 22 secs in lap 45 I got and passed him in lap 65!! Mansell had retired with a puncture so that meant I had the 3rd position! With still 10 laps to go I managed to put a gap of over 6 seconds to Rosberg but I had a final stroke of bad luck: I ran out of fuel in last lap!! So I finished 5th, losing the 4th to Piquet when I passed at 50kph the grid. Without the Electric Problem, I would have won, and I did the 2nd fastest lap of the race. Again, Brands Hatch kind of saved my season. I lapped Boutsen twice in the process, btw.

1. A. Senna -- 1h34m52.004
2. A. Prost -- +16.144
3. K. Rosberg -- +49.559
4. N. Piquet -- +1m02.033
5. C. Dagnall -- +1m11.078
6. R. Arnoux -- +1 lap
7. P. Tambay -- +1 lap
8. A. Jones -- +1 lap
9. T. Fabi -- +1 lap
10. T. Boutsen -- +2 laps
11. A. De Cesaris -- +3 laps
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

1986 - ROUND 10 - GERMANY

There wasn´t much hope to succeed in Hockenheim and so that happened. I had an accident on Friday in my first lap which didn´t allow me to record a time. I had 3 outings on Saturday qualifying but I wasn´t unable to find a clean lap and I finished 20th -with Boutsen 19th-

1. Mansell -- 1.32.371
2. Prost -- 1.32.925
3. Rosberg -- 1.33.001
----
19. Boutsen -- 1.36.255
20. Dagnall -- 1.37.499
21. Nannini -- 1.37.655

The race wasn´t much better. There´s not much to say, really. I was in 18th pos. in lap 3 when I went off track and one of the rear wheels came off at high speed -this shouldn´t had happened, as I didn´t touch anyone or anything-. Anyway, there wasn´t any chances of coming home with a good result so I don´t give it much thought. In front, Prost did a really fine drive attacking Mansell all the time but the Englishman won once again and is just closer to securing the WDC.

1. Mansell -- 1h10m48.150
2. Prost -- +2.254
3. Alboreto -- +1.35.861
4. Rosberg -- +1 lap
5. Fabi -- +1 lap
6. Dumfries -- +1 lap
7. Brundle -- +1 lap
8. Jones -- +1 lap
9. Boutsen -- +2 laps
10. Palmer -- +2 laps
11. Nannini -- +3 laps
12. Capelli -- +3 laps
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Cool, finally a good race. What makes Brands Hatch easier for you?
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

watka wrote:Cool, finally a good race. What makes Brands Hatch easier for you?

It´s easier for me to use a very different setup from the CC in Brands Hatch. They go for a low downforce -which is quite logical, because of the fast corners and two straights- but a high downforce setup works better for me, specially in the first split and it allows to attack the fast corners plenty of confidence. The layout makes it easy to attack the fast corners at almost full speed without fear of going off the track, and the kerbs are low enough as well (which is the contrary as Montreal, for example)
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Aerond wrote:
watka wrote:Cool, finally a good race. What makes Brands Hatch easier for you?

It´s easier for me to use a very different setup from the CC in Brands Hatch. They go for a low downforce -which is quite logical, because of the fast corners and two straights- but a high downforce setup works better for me, specially in the first split and it allows to attack the fast corners plenty of confidence. The layout makes it easy to attack the fast corners at almost full speed without fear of going off the track, and the kerbs are low enough as well (which is the contrary as Montreal, for example)

Thats like me at interlagos on f1c 99-02, higher downforce than the AI cars means i can nail the second sector so much faster that the slightly slower 1st and 3rd sectors aren't a problem.

The season is looking fantastic though, I'd really like to do something similar though as I'm running vista i've had to devise my own way of running consecutive seasons on f1c (which shouldn't work on vista anyway!). Currently 7th in the championship i think in the minardi thanks to a second place at monaco when only 6 drivers finished! :P might post my experiences like you have when i complete this season.

Keep up the good work, i look forward to some more brands hatch-like performances!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

1986 - ROUND 11 - HUNGARY

Qualifying

Not much to tell here; I didn´t find a really good pace but managed to score a "decent" time:

1. A. Senna -- 1.17.874
2. N. Mansell -- 1.18.159
3. K. Rosberg -- 1.18.616
----
13. T. Boutsen -- 1.20.281
----
19. J. Palmer -- 1.21.098
20. C. Dagnall -- 1.21.138
21. P. Streiff -- 1.21.304

Race

Ivan Capelli did the impossible: He ruined my race TWICE in just 6 laps!! In first lap, when under braking for the chicane at the back, he hit me in the back (being hit by Nannini´s Minardi at the same time), and I had to enter the pits for a new rear wing. Charging back, I had already passed him at first corner when he closed his line and we colided: Result; He retired and I had to pit for another wing :S Surprisingly, my pace was better at the race and I managed to race a bit with the cars lapping me -I eventually did a couple of laps faster than Johansson, who finished 6th-. I changed my pit strategy from 3 to 2 stops and I was near the first of those in lap 25 when I had, as in Brands Hatch, an electric problem. I lost time again and after that, being faster than the end of the pack, but more than 1 minute to Warwick and Palmer, my race was set for a quiet ending. I finished in 10th place. Mansell won the WDC after Senna retired with an electric problem towards the end.

1. N. Mansell -- 1h49m23.758
2. A. Prost -- +31.154
3. N. Piquet -- +47.083
4. K. Rosberg -- +1.08.189
5. J. Laffite -- +1.20.002
6. S. Johansson -- +1 lap
7. P. Streiff -- +2 laps
8. T. Boutsen -- +2 laps
9. J. Dumfries -- +2 laps
10. C. Dagnall -- +3 laps
11. A. Nannini -- +3 laps

ROUND 12 - AUSTRIA

Qualifying & Race

In Osterreichring the lack of power of the BMW was obvious, and added to the fact that I don´t like the track at all, it was a disastrous weekend. After qualifying 23rd I did a respectable start but was passed quickly by everybody. Senna retired very early and Streiff crashed to him in the process. Tambay was sent off the track by Alan Jones!! I was fighting at the back of the pack in lap 7 when Jones passed me, he braked a lot earlier than expected and I broke my front wing and went straight into the wall. Jones finally did a respectable race back to 3rd in the end. Boutsen finished 6 laps to the leader so that speaks for itself about the pace of the Arrows at this track.

Q

1. A. Senna -- 1.21.219
2. N. Mansell -- 1.21.505
3. K. Rosberg -- 1.22.040
----
18. T. Boutsen -- 1.24.477
----
22. A. Nannini -- 1.25.921
23. C. Dagnall -- 1.27.201
24. H. Rothengatter -- 1.28.194

RACE

1. N. Mansell -- 1h15m35.027
2. A. Prost -- +20.248
3. A. Jones -- +1 lap
4. J. Dumfries -- +1 lap
5. D. Warwick -- +2 laps
6. M. Brundle -- +4 laps
7. A. De Cesaris -- +4 laps
8. J. Palmer -- +5 laps
9. T. Boutsen -- +6 laps

ROUND 13 - ITALY

Another weekend without much hope seeing how the BMW engine performs... Thank God the final three races are in mixed tracks, because long straights are painful for the Arrows. All in all, another dull weekend, and another dull qualifying. Couldn´t do more than 23rd, despite being quite comfy with the setup.

1. A. Senna -- 1.18.669
2. A. Prost -- 1.19.311
3. K. Rosberg -- 1.19.518
----
18. T. Boutsen -- 1.22.639
----
22. A. Nannini -- 1.23.527
23. C. Dagnall -- 1.23.821
24. H. Rothengatter -- 1.25.942

Race

I did another great start to 16th, but I was passed quickly by the faster Lola´s. In lap 4 I was fighting with Streiff with Boutsen just behind me. In the first chicane, I tried to pass Streiff but Boutsen hit me in the back, and I hit Streiff. Amazingly, we all kept our positions. Then, two laps later, I was deliberately hit by Boutsen again in Lesmo´s. I was able to keep the car running but in lap 11 Piquet, when lapping me, he also hit me in the back and I had to retire again, but it wasn´t my fault this time. At the end of the race I punched Boutsen in the face for what he did. What an idiot!!! Arrows boss has told both to find another seat for next season... Boutsen better not find me again on track in the 3 races left.

1. A. Senna -- 1h10m39.052
2. N. Piquet -- +36.183
3. P. Streiff -- +2 laps
4. A. Jones -- +2 laps
5. J. Palmer -- +2 laps
6. A. Nannini -- +3 laps
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Aerond wrote:At the end of the race I punched Boutsen in the face for what he did. What an idiot!!! Arrows boss has told both to find another seat for next season... Boutsen better not find me again on track in the 3 races left.

Brilliant... just brilliant :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Aerond wrote:At the end of the race I punched Boutsen in the face for what he did. What an idiot!!! Arrows boss has told both to find another seat for next season... Boutsen better not find me again on track in the 3 races left.

And, what will your next team be? Personally, I think you'd fit nicely in Brabham for 1987.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Here I come with the last 3 races of the 1986 season!

1986 - ROUND 14 - PORTUGAL

Estoril is a track I like and, after the Italy mayhem within the team, I made some progress with the car setup and step ahead of Boutsen.

1. A. Senna -- 1.13.093
2. N. Mansell -- 1.13.509
3. N. Piquet -- 1.13.978
4. G. Berger -- 1.14.090
5. K. Rosberg -- 1.14.206
6. A. Prost -- 1.14.248
----
10. M. Alboreto -- 1.14.664
11. C. Dagnall -- 1.14.708
12. J. Lafitte -- 1.14.711
----
17. T. Boutsen -- 1.15.524

Race

The start wasn´t very good and I came back to 15th position. However, I was faster than the other guys around me and I quickly recovered. In lap 6 I was 8th behind Lafitte. Then we had a great battle for 7th which lasted until lap 12. I was 6th (Piquet had to pit early with an electric problem) and I started to gain ground over Berger, in 5th, when I saw white smoke coming out on my mirrors. The engine broke and that was the end of a really promising race. I did the 5th fastest lap. Prost took advantage in the fight for the 2nd pos. in the drivers championship

1. N. Mansell -- 1h31m36.743
2. A. Prost -- +23.037
3. K. Rosberg -- +35.137
4. J. Lafitte -- +38.132
5. N. Piquet -- +53.229
6. G. Berger -- +1.06.212
7. J. Dumfries -- +1 lap
8. D. Warwick -- +2 laps

ROUND 15 - MEXICO

It wasn´t bad in the new Mexico track and I was able to find a good and quick setup, even though I don´t really like those two bumps in the last corner! It was a really weird qualifying, as I did quite a good time but had three accidents learning the track!

1. A. Senna -- 1.13.142
2. N. Mansell -- 1.13.896
3. N. Piquet -- 1.13.976
----
13. J. Lafitte -- 1.15.606
14. C. Dagnall -- 1.15.848
15. T. Fabi -- 1.16.055
----
19. T. Boutsen -- 1.16.452

Race

The start was strange; Who ordered Warwick to BRAKE in the middle of the straight?? That´s what he did, indeed, and guess who crashed into his rear wing? Exactly, me. After the mandatory stop for a new wing I started to quickly pass the slower cars and was just ahead of all of them in lap 16 (that´s both Zakspeed, the Minardis, Ghinzani and Capelli). I was lapped by Senna in lap 20 -he had an amazing speed!-, and just after he lapped me as I was getting ready for my first real stop, the gearbox broke and that was it. Only 4 cars got to finish in a very tough track for the cars so you can imagine how disappointed I left Hermanos Rodriguez. Piquet won tightly ahead of Prost when Mansell retired in the end and he´s ahead for the 2nd place again. Senna is finally out of the battle thanks to another broken engine.

1. N. Piquet -- 1h27m46.107
2. A. Prost -- +1.236
3. A. Jones -- +1 lap
4. J. Dumfries -- +2 laps
5. N. Mansell -- +7 laps

ROUND 16 - AUSTRALIA

The second season we race in Australia and, the more I drive here, the more I like the track. Races get very interesting here and the track is short, but intense. After setting a "base" time on Friday, I managed to tweak the setup enough to improve by almost a second on Saturday. Although this track is quite agressive to tyres, I managed to make my best lap on used tyres! Ahead, Senna did a superb time, with Piquet ahead of Prost. On the back, Danner surprisingly qualified for his second race this season -the first being Imola, where Patrese had trouble- and Boutsen did his worst effort of the season.

1. A. Senna -- 1.13.936
2. N. Piquet -- 1.14.612
3. N. Mansell -- 1.15.076
4. A. Prost -- 1.15.253
5. K. Rosberg -- 1.15.469
6. G. Berger -- 1.15.722
----
13. P. Tambay -- 1.16.408
14. C. Dagnall -- 1.16.617
15. M. Brundle -- 1.15.722
----
23. T. Boutsen -- 1.19.347

Race

On the first lap I was managing to stay out of trouble when Fabi did something quite strange at the end of the Brabham straight: I was passing Tambay on his Lola and Fabi (ahead of both) entered the corner very slowly: I hit him in his side and the wing was out once again to my desperation. Back on track I was managing to do it good (18th out of 23 cars in lap 22) and I was pursuing Dumfries and Warwick before my first pit-stop when my race ended in a laughable way. I was behind Danner to lap him when Ghinzani (his team-mate) came out of the pits; Danner braked in the middle of the straight and I ended hitting him in the back. It wasn´t the worst situation because I was about to pit in a few laps anyway. So, when I was about to enter the pits, Johansson came out of nowhere and he was about to make a "David Coulthard" -Yeah, crash in the pit entrance!-, only that my car stopped him. My rear left wheel said goodbye to me and I wasn´t able to reach the box from there. End of the race, and end of the season too.
In the front, Senna abandoned again when he was flying and Prost left very early, giving way to Piquet for a victory, a 1-2 for Williams, and the 2nd place in the Drivers Championship.

1. N. Piquet -- 1h47m05.387
2. N. Mansell -- +25.666
3. J. Lafitte -- +1 lap
4. S. Johansson -- +1 lap
5. G. Berger -- +1 lap
6. P. Tambay -- +1 lap
7. A. Jones -- +2 laps
8. M. brundle -- +2 laps
9. J. Dumfries -- +2 laps
10. A. Nannini -- +4 laps
11. A. De Cesaris -- +4 laps
12. C. Danner -- +5 laps
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

1986 FINAL STANDINGS

Drivers

1. N. Mansell -- 99
2. N. Piquet -- 52
3. A. Prost -- 45
4. A. Senna -- 31
5. K. Rosberg -- 21
6. J. Lafitte -- 18
7. J. Dumfries -- 14
8. R. Arnoux -- 12
9. M. Alboreto -- 11
10. J. Palmer -- 11
11. A. Jones -- 11
12. H. Rothengatter -- 9
13. S. Johansson -- 9
14. P. Tambay -- 7
15. C. Dagnall -- 6
16. G. Berger -- 6
17. T. Boutsen -- 5
18. P. Streiff -- 4
19. T. Fabi -- 4
20. R. Patrese -- 4
21. A. De Cesaris -- 3
22. D. Warwick -- 2
23. M. Brundle -- 1
24. A. Nannini -- 1

Constructors

1. Williams -- 151
2. McLaren -- 66
3. Lotus -- 45
4. Ligier -- 30
5. Zakspeed -- 20
6. Ferrari -- 20
7. Lola -- 18
8. Arrows -- 11
9. Benetton -- 10
10. Brabham -- 6
11. Tyrrell -- 5
12. Minardi -- 4

Now, for next season, I have offers from Zakspeed, Benetton and Brabham. Which one should I take? Zakspeed has had some amazing results, but they were at the back most of the time. Benetton has been quite fast, but very unreliable and Brabham is an historic team, but with a very unreliable car as well, plus I´ve been disappointed with the BMW engines this season.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Benetton, if the game is close to mirroring real life performances, I doubt Zakspeed will manage to pull something out of the bag for a second consecutive year.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

AndreaModa wrote:Benetton, if the game is close to mirroring real life performances, I doubt Zakspeed will manage to pull something out of the bag for a second consecutive year.

The ¨offers¨ I receive depend on different factors like:

- My performance/results
- The performance of my team-mate and my results compared to him
- The performance of other teams in Gp2 -Carsets are set as closely as possible to real life-
- My ¨nationality¨, as a British driver I should be required in British teams rather than Italian, French or other nationalities.

So I take in count Gp2 performance rather than real-life in that or next season. As Arrows as a team ¨decided¨not to renew me, the teams more likely to want me should be Benetton -as Arrows finished ahead of them, and with Boutsen going in real life to Benetton I should be offered that seat instead of Boutsen as I finished ahead of him and did a better season ending than him-, Brabham, instead of De Cesaris, as I was better than the italian and Arrows was better than Brabham, and Zakspeed, instead of Christian Danner, who drove the Osella.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

If this were real life I think you'd get the Brabham seat - your experience with BMW engines would help as well as it being a British team and I don't think you've done enough to get the Benetton drive!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Take the Brabham drive and hope the wheels don't fall off before the finish! :D
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Barbazza wrote: I don't think you've done enough to get the Benetton drive!

Well, I´m pretty fed up with the BMW engines as they proved quite slow in the fast tracks in 1986, and well, I think I deserve that Benetton drive: I scored as many points as Berger, more than Fabi, and more than Boutsen (who would get the drive if I decline it!). Haven´t made a choice yet though!
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Benetton will give a press conference this evening to anounce Teo Fabi and Chris Dagnall as their driver line-up for 1987
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Aerond wrote:Benetton will give a press conference this evening to anounce Teo Fabi and Chris Dagnall as their driver line-up for 1987

HWNSNBM says no...
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

WeirdKerr wrote:
Aerond wrote:Benetton will give a press conference this evening to anounce Teo Fabi and Chris Dagnall as their driver line-up for 1987

HWNSNBM says no...

I´m protected by Chuck Norris and HWNSNBM can´t do anything about it.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Aerond wrote:
WeirdKerr wrote:

HWNSNBM says no...

I´m protected by Chuck Norris and HWNSNBM can´t do anything about it.

Fat chance. HWNSNBM uses the broken shards of a Sauber front wing to shave his beard. Chuck Norris can't compete.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Wow! The season 1987 has started! It´s a very exciting year for me because for the very first time in my career I have a car which has lots of potential to fight for points regularly. However, the start of the season hasn´t been brilliant. I had to modify the carset a little bit as well to acommodate some drivers: Boutsen has gone to Zakspeed instead of Danner, who is running a second March. Lola are running two cars as well, and AGS too -while Fabre drove most of the season in real F1, Moreno managed to score a point, so I felt it was a little bit unfair to leave him out-. Now, let´s go with the reports:

1987 - ROUND 1 - BRAZIL

I´ve, traditionally, been quite slow at Jacarepagua. This year was no exception, but I´ve made some improvement in the way I setup the car and the way I attack the corners. Fabi, with more experience than me in the Benetton, was faster than me, but at least I was able to improve lap by lap until I spun off in my first attempt in Saturday.

1. Mansell -- 1.28.297
2. Senna -- 1.28.566
3. Piquet -- 1.28.646
4. Prost -- 1.29.729
5. Alboreto -- 1.30.009
6. Fabi -- 1.30.164
---
11. Warwick -- 1.31.397
12. Dagnall -- 1.31.955
13. De Cesaris -- 1.32.045

Race

The race was very short for me; I dropped from 12th to 16th at start, and near the end of the lap Nakajima tried a suicidal pass on me, we both collided and went to the wall, retiring inmediately. The race was as crazy as previous years and only 3 cars finished and qualified. Meaning there would be no points for 4th, 5th and 6ht

1. Mansell -- 1h39m38.383
2. Streiff -- +4 laps
3. Danner -- +6 laps

ROUND 2 - SAN MARINO

Altough I like Imola a lot, I wasn´t able to find a good setup in all weekend; I was debating myself constantly between the fast and the slow parts of the track, but I couldn´t find the point of equilibrium between both. The saturday was a little bit eventful, as Prost and Warwick touched wheels with me and had accidents and I had quite a strong accident to end saturday when I touched wheels with an AGS at Tamburello. A pretty disappointing performance overall:

1. Mansell -- 1.18.182
2. Senna -- 1.18.375
3. Prost -- 1.18.492
4. Piquet -- 1.18.523
5. Berger -- 1.18.575
6. Alboreto -- 1.18.875
7. Fabi -- 1.19.500
----
16. Brundle -- 1.21.863
17. Dagnall -- 1.22.047
18. Boutsen -- 1.22.471

RACE

I made a good start this time and placed 12th after Tosa. I took advantage of an accident between Cheever and another car and I started to chase Warwick and both Brabhams, and watching how Nakajima would act this time as he was behind me again! In lap 4 Prost retired and in lap 5 I passed Warwick for 10. Piquet retired later in lap 9 and my race was starting to look promising when I had a throttle problem in lap 10 and I had to retire. Mansell had an accident when he was for a victory giving the race to Senna. Fabi broke his engine. Both De Cesaris in the Brabham and Boutsen in the Zakspeed got points so I´m actually asking myself if I did the correct team choice!!!!!

1. Senna -- 1h24m58.383
2. Johansson -- +54.735
3. De Cesaris -- +2 laps
4. Nakajima -- +2 laps
5. Boutsen -- +3 laps
6. Capelli -- +5 laps
7. Moreno -- +5 laps
8. Nannini -- +6 laps
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

You did take the right choice (at least you would've taken the right choice in real life).
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

1987 - ROUND 3 - BELGIUM

Qualifying

I was only able to make a good time on my first set on Friday, as later on I always found traffic. A pitty because I could have improved about half a second. At least I was closer to Fabi this time.

1. Mansell -- 1.46.661
2. Piquet -- 1.16.860
3. Senna -- 1.47.164
4. Prost -- 1.48.079
5. Alboreto -- 1.48.466
6. Fabi -- 1.48.778
---
8. Berger -- 1.48.937
9. Dagnall -- 1.49.337
10. Cheever -- 1.49.716

Race

I did and good start and took advantage of having the inside at La Source to pass Berger for 8th. Later in the lap I passed Alboreto and Johansson so I was 6th behind Fabi. In lap 3, however, Alboreto passed me and I couldn´t hold Johansson much longer. My pace was quite good and, after Piquet retired, I passed Fabi in lap 7. In lap 10 Alboreto retired and In lap 16 I lost control of the car coming out of La Source and I dropped to 7th only to begin chasing Berger and Fabi for the points. I was getting closer to my team-mate after my pit-stop in lap 23 when the gearbox broke and I had to say goodbye. Fabi was on the way for points but he had an accident with 4 laps to go.

1. Senna -- 1h21m.28.818
2. Mansell -- +24.142
3. Prost -- +49.174
4. Johansson -- +1 lap
5. Cheever -- +1 lap
6. Boutsen -- +2 laps
7. Nakajima -- +2 laps
8. De Cesaris -- +2 laps
9. Streiff -- +3 laps
10. Danner -- +3 laps
11. Fabi -- +5 laps

ROUND 4 - MONACO

Qualifying

Again, I had a bad qualifying and didn´t take full advantage of the car. I messed around a little bit with gear ratios on Friday and when I had a solution by Saturday I made minor mistakes in the first lap with each of the sets, meaning my first Friday time was the good one. Again, I could have passed Fabi.

1. Mansell -- 1.17.736
2. Berger -- 1.18.121
3. Piquet -- 1.18.202
4. Prost -- 1.18.572
5. Senna -- 1.18.616
6. Alboreto -- 1.18.821
7. Fabi -- 1.19.445
8. Johansson -- 1.19.539
9. Dagnall -- 1.19.567
10. De Cesaris -- 1.19.620

Race

My start was good enough to keep 9th after Ste. Devote -touching wheels with one of the Arrows-, then I passed Johansson at Mirabeau and Fabi at the chicane and started to chase Alboreto. I made a surprise move on him at La Rascasse in lap 5 and then my next objective was to run as fast as Senna (who was 5th) in order to catch him when the tyre condition worsened. I shouldn´t have worried as exiting the Cassino in lap 8 the throttle didn´t work anymore and that was the end. The weekend went as worse as possible when Fabi retired two laps later. So still no finishes for the team... It´s a pity as I lost two great chances of points.

1. Prost -- 1h49m38.956
2. Johansson -- +36.048
3. De Cesaris -- +1 lap
4. Nakajima -- +3 laps
5. Alliot -- +3 laps
6. Streiff -- +3 laps
7. Dalmas -- +3 laps
8. Ghinzani -- +3 laps
9. Palmer -- +3 laps
10. Campos -- +7 laps