Alt-CART 83: Red, White and Blue Thunder

The place for non-canon series, including all series that contain minimal or no references at all to the RWRS universe
Kinnikuniverse

Alt-CART 83: Red, White and Blue Thunder

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

ESPN SPEEDWORLD PRESENTS: THE 1983 PPG CART INDY CAR WORLD SERIES!! BROUGHT TO YOU BY BUDWEISER, KING OF BEER!

1983 looks set to be a huge, game changing year for the premier auto racing series in America! With the Indy 500 attracting record crowds and increasing number of entry every year, plus expansion across the country and New teams and Sponsors coming in, Indycar racing is about to enter a golden age!

This year's schedule sees both old favorites returning as well as the arrival of two former Formula 1 events in the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach and the Caesars Palace Grand Prix in Las Vegas, Nevada on a brand new and unique oval configuration! Plus, the much anticipated return of the Grand Prix of New York at Watkins Glen international as well as the Texas and California 500 at the refreshened and renovated Texas World Speedway and Ontario Motor speedway. Finally, Laguna Seca in monterey, Californai and a new father's day event at Portland International Raceway in Portland, Oregon, will make their debut on the calendar!

Schedule

1. Atlanta Motor Speedway march 20th
2. Phoenix international raceway april 3rd
3. Long beach GP april 17th
4. Texas 500 may 1st
5. Indy 500 may 29th
6. Milwaukee mile 5th may
7. G.I Joe's 200 at Portland june 12th
8. New York GP Watkins Glen june 19th
9. Michigan 500 July 3rd
10. Cleveland GP July 17th
11. Road America July 31st
12. Pocono 500 August 14th
13. Mid-Ohio august 29th
14. Caesars palace GP Oval september 11th
15. Budweiser 500k Riverside september 26th
16. Laguna Seca October 8th
17. California 500 Ontario October 23rd

And what about the teams and drivers? Rick Mears looks set to win a third consecutive crown, most likely with Roger Penske, though the captain's dominant outfit will look for some seriously stiff competition! A new team founded by actor and racer Paul Newman and Log time team owner Carl Haas has secured Budweiser sponsorhip and are in talks with bringing back 1969 indy 500 winner and 1978 Formula 1 champion Mario Andretti back home in America. The duo is also in talks with Chassis manufactuter Lola in a deal that would see them spearhead their return to Indycars with the state-of-the-art Lola T83 machine!

in other big news, Brazilian 2-time F1 champion Emerson Fittipaldi announced the end of his prolonged sabbatical from motorsports and, according to reliable sources, has been in talks with some of Indycar's front-running teams!

And what about the impressive batch of young drivers potentially coming in this year? Mario Andretti's son Michael, who dominated the Formula Super Vee championship last year, heads this class of rookies, with many teams looking for his signature. Another son of a former Indycar Champion, Al Unser Jr., is also in the shortlists of many teams in the championship. The most notable new addition, however, could be a young american currently racing in Formula 1: Eddie Cheever!

Out of a ride since the crazy 1982 F1 season ended, the Italian-born American is interested in returning stateside, provided he's being offered a top drive and the salary to match, as rumour has it that the Renault F1 team is looking to sign him to partner their French superstar Alain Prost. Any Indycar teams who is serious in their pursuit of Cheever has been warned!

Cheever ain't the only europe-based driver interested in sailing across the atlantic ocean, however: current F1 free agents Derek Daly, Teo Fabi and former Williams and Lotus driver Roberto Moreno have expressed interest in attempting to tame the Indy beasts.

All of these stories and so much more will be covered by ESPN Speedworld as we head into the 1983 PPG CART Indy Car World Series season!

So yeah, this is a non-canon indycar series, where anybody can relax and join in on good ol' murican racin' fun!

To All Interested Users: Sign ups are open! Please state which teams you wanna take over among the following:

-Team Penske (Hermann95)
-Newman-Haas Racing (Gertrandbachot)
-Patrick Racing (Aislabie)
-Truesports (Sir Rob Dylan)
-Kraco Racing (Pasta)
-Doug Shierson Racing
-All American Racers (Shawn)
-Forsythe Racing (Dom)
-Galles Racing (Bleu)
-Alex Morales Motorsports
-Gilmore Racing
-Leader Card Racing
-Machinist Union (TCBY)
-Arciero Racing
-Interscope Racing
-VDS Racing Team (Butterfox)
-Gohr Racing
-Wysard Racing
Last edited by Kinnikuniverse on 02 Sep 2021, 20:49, edited 9 times in total.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Alt-CART 83: Red, White and Blue Thunder

Post by Hermann95 »

I'd take Team Penske please
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

I would like to take the reins of All 'Murican Racers, please.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I will try my luck with Galles.
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

I should be able to create some chaos with Patrick Racing
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

VDS sounds like it's perfect for me.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

Sod it I'll take Newman-Haas.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

I'll take Kraco Racing.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

I'll take Forsythe in their debut CART season
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Truesports please
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

I'll take Machinists' Union Racing
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT