F1 2021: Super Aguri Team Career - 2026 Finished - Vote Now

The place for alternate championships that use real results as a base of forming alternative results, driver careers, and games in general

Who should Aguri Suzuki have as his second driver for 2027?

Keep Yuki Tsunoda, he nearly won a championship with you!
50%
Marino Sato give him a third chance
33%
Get Nobuharu Matsushita out of that Haas and back into a Super Aguri
17%

Total votes: 6

Zenarcher

F1 2021: Super Aguri Team Career - 2026 Finished - Vote Now

Post by Zenarcher »

I recently bought F1 2021 during a Steam sale and decided to try something new with my team's career mode. So I wondered, what if Super Aguri made a comeback in Formula One in 2021? Well, this has happened in this odd alternate universe. I'm playing on the hardest setting, and because I'm playing on the PC (rather than the PS4), I'm using the PS4 controller, which hasn't been fully set up yet to make things even more difficult. So, who am I going to be driving as? For the time being, it's a secret, although you can probably guess (someone from Super Aguri who didn't last long).

This idea was inspired by Bobby Dylan's F1 2011 career, and I'll be creating a poll where readers can make decisions and share their thoughts on how awful things are going for Super Aguri.

June 2020 News - Aguri Suzuki Plans To Enter His F1 Team For 2021

In the summer of 2020, Mr Suzuki was tired of seeing Mercedes dominate yet another race. Hamilton winning and breaking every single record in the sport. Mr Suzuki then looked over at a photo from his Formula One days on his wall. It reminded him of happier times, but also a reminder of his team's failure to last in the sport. Mr Suzuki then developed a plan to return his team to F1 the following year, in 2021. He made a few phone calls, and his team's entry into the sport was approved by the FIA before he knew it.

"A lot of people are quite sceptical about my team returning since we've had such little time to prepare," Mr Suzuki said in an interview, "but I can promise everyone that we're ready more than we were back in 2006."

Stay tuned to find out how Aguri Suzuki will form his new team to take on Mercedes...
Last edited by Zenarcher on 09 Feb 2022, 16:18, edited 20 times in total.
dr-baker

Re: F1 2021: Super Aguri Team Career

Post by dr-baker »

Zenarcher wrote:. So, who am I going to be driving as? For the time being, it's a secret, although you can probably guess (someone from Super Aguri who didn't last long).

Someone who did not last long? That would be either Yuji Ide or Franck Montgany then. And my guess would be that you will pick the Japanese driver rather than the French Franck.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Zenarcher

Post by Zenarcher »

dr-baker wrote:Someone who did not last long? That would be either Yuji Ide or Franck Montgany then. And my guess would be that you will pick the Japanese driver rather than the French Franck.

Yep, one of these two although it's pretty obvious now who it's going to be :)

August 2020 News - Marino Sato is set to join the Super Aguri F1 team

The returning Super Aguri F1 team has hired Japanese F2 driver Sato, "I am glad that Mr Suzuki hired me for 2021," Sato said in an interview this morning. "It's only a one-year deal, but I intend to prove myself to the team and that I deserve to be in F1."

September 2020 News - Super Aguri F1 hires Kimi Räikkönen as their Chief Designer

F1 fans were surprised to learn this morning that Kimi Räikkönen, the 2007 champion, has been named the Chief Designer for Super Aguri F1. "To many people, it appears absurd," Mr Suzuki said today. "Mr Räikkönen is known for having a special gift. He has helped teams design and improve their cars, and I have complete confidence that he can now start designing them himself."

"How will it work if Kimi Räikkönen already drives for Alfa Romeo? Having two jobs at the same time?" One of the interviewers inquired.

"Ah, you see, Mr Räikkönen only drives for Alfa Romeo as a hobby; his true job is designing cars for us." Mr Suzuki explained.

Next time Super Aguri will announce more staff joining their team! Stay tuned...
Zenarcher

Post by Zenarcher »

October 2020 News - Honda Signs a Deal With Super Aguri F1

Honda has confirmed that its engines will power the Super Aguri F1 team in 2021. In other news Aguri Suzuki revealed today that he has recruited a number of employees from Mercedes and Red Bull for his strategy team. Aguri Suzuki said, "I was intending on taking some employees from Ferrari as well, but then remembered that Ferrari doesn't have a strategy team."

Taki Inoue will join Super Aguri F1 As PR Manager

On Twitter today Taki Inoue, who is known for having labelled himself the "Worst driver in Formula One," reveals he is set to become the Super Aguri F1's PR Manager. Taki Inoue stated, "It is an honour to join with the returning Super Aguri team. I appreciate Mr Suzuki for giving me this opportunity."

November 2020 News - Pastor Maldonado has joined the Super Aguri F1 team as a Simulator Driver

We were unable to reach Pastor Maldonado for an interview. But the team owner and manager Aguri Suzuki was able to provide us with a brief interview. "Mr Maldonado is a very good simulator driver with a lot of advantages that others haven't considered. Everyone is safe because he won't be driving any of our cars; second, he'll be able to test how strong our car is because he has more experience in this field than any other driver we could find; and third, he also brought a lot of sponsorship money with him, which I can't say is a bad thing." Mr Suzuki stated.

December 2020 News - Yuji Ide's return to F1 astounds the motorsport world

The 45-year-old startled the motorsport world today when he announced his return to Formula One 15 years after being dropped from the sport. Yuji Ide will race for his old team, Super Aguri F1, alongside another Japanese driver Marino Sato, who will make his Formula One debut in 2021.

F1 fans and drivers were taken aback by Yuji Ide's decision to return to the sport today, with one F1 fan resorting to social media to express their unhappiness. "I can't believe Super Aguri would pick someone like Ide, who is long past his peak, in fact, he never had it in the first place! There are many promising young talents available that the team could have hired instead. Super Aguri will not survive their first season."

Next time Super Aguri will reveal their new car! Stay tuned...
Zenarcher

Post by Zenarcher »

January 2021 News - Aguri Suzuki "Our aim for 2021 is to survive"

Will Buxton spoke with Super Aguri's team owner today and questioned him about his return to the sport and his goals for 2021. Will Buxton got an answer from Aguri Suzuki. "Coming back to F1 wasn't easy because we were already on a limited budget. Thankfully, I was able to secure a few investors to help make all of this possible; without them, I wouldn't be sitting here. It's still difficult because we've rushed everything so much. We have a lot to do. All I want out of the 2021 season is to make it to the end, and if we can do that while remaining financially secure, I'll be pretty satisfied."

February 2021 News - Super Aguri will not participate in preseason testing

Because their car has not yet been fully developed, the team said today that they will be unable to conduct any testing. It's unclear whether Räikkönen forgot he was in charge of designing the car or if the team is just behind schedule. All we can assume is that things are not going well for the returning team, and rumours are already circulating that they may not even make it to the first race.

March 2021 - Super Aguri F1 Reveal The SA21

Super Aguri unveiled their car to the world today. The SA21 is the team's first car since 2008, and it will make its debut at the Bahrain Grand Prix next weekend. Surprisingly, despite claiming to be short on funds, Super Aguri put on a full presentation in front of even more investors today, though many remain sceptical that the team is even ready to race after missing out on preseason testing. On social media, one F1 fan aired their unhappiness. "How ridiculous is it that Super Aguri only has one sponsor? What is Taki Inoue doing? Surely, with the car's empty look, this team will not be able to make it through the upcoming season?"

The car also has a quote on the halo to inspire Ide to actually finish the races,

Next time find out if Super Aguri will actually race or not in Bahrain...

Also not sure if this will work or not but it's a GIF showing the car reveal if it doesn't load click on it to view,

Zenarcher

Post by Zenarcher »

March 2021 News - Super Aguri F1 impress in Bahrain

Super Aguri not only made it to the season's opening race, but both cars finished it too, and both drivers didn't finish last, but it wasn't exactly a straightforward weekend for the team. Ide was 3 seconds slower in qualifying than his teammate Sato, while saying in an interview, "The car is understeering significantly and the brakes are awful, we have a lot of work to do." Sato, on the other hand, was overjoyed to qualify ahead of both Haas drivers and Latifi. "It was a nice lap, the car was good for me," Sato said. "I'm going to attempt to finish higher in the race."

When the race began, Ide made an amazing start, passing both the Haas and Williams drivers. Sato also managed to overtake Russell and move up to 17th place. However, disaster struck when Ide turned in to defend as Latifi tried an overtake, causing Latifi to lose his front wing. Ide was able to escape the incident with no damage, and the stewards ruled it a racing incident, therefore no further action was taken.

Latifi pitted for a new front wing along with Russell pitting as well after picking up some damage on the opening lap and with Williams out of the fight, it was now up to Ide to fend off the Haas drivers, but Schumacher and Mazepin eventually both breezed past Ide.

Sergio Pérez won the race, with Valtteri Bottas second and Max Verstappen third. Marinno Sato finished 17th, with Yuji Ide coming in 20th, ahead of both William's drivers. The Super Aguri manager commented after the race, "Sato did a wonderful job today, especially considering we didn't take part in the testing. It's also a great confidence boost to our designer Räikkönen, who has clearly created a decent car that doesn't resemble last years Alfa Romeo in any way."

Next time there will be a huge news update as we look at how the first half of how the 2021 season has gone for Super Aguri. Stay tuned...
Zenarcher

Post by Zenarcher »

It was going to be a half-season report for 2021 today, but then Canada happened.

Ide crashes at the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix

Due to a fueling problem, Ide was forced to miss qualifying, which meant he would start in last place, which we all know is where he would have started anyway. Heavy rain fell on race day, adding an extra challenge for the competitors, which seemed too much for Ide, who lasted roughly 5 seconds before crashing into the pit wall at the beginning of the race. His teammate Sato, on the other hand, finished in 18th place, putting in yet another heroic performance.

No upgrades in Spain?

Mr Suzuki, the Super Aguri's manager, has been reported multiple times since the start of the season saying that his team will bring "major" upgrades to the Spanish Grand Prix, but they never arrived. "We did have upgrades ready for the car," Mr Suzuki said this afternoon, "but they all failed the quality control tests, so we won't see any changes until at least Monaco."

The chief designer, Kimi Räikkönen, was also interviewed about the issue. The reporter inquired "Is there no Super Aguri upgrade's this weekend, Kimi? What went wrong?" "Sometimes these things happen, it's normal," Kimi responded. "It's not a big deal."

Yuji Ide Somersault's in Monaco

Ide has been on a roll recently, who'd have predicted that happening? He finished 19th in Portugal and Spain, while also beating his teammate Sato. This excellent run, however, was going to end in a massive halt, or should we say a somersault? Ide got off to a wonderful start, charging down into turn one and passing a few drivers, but then he hit the barrier, which catapulted his car back across the track, narrowly missing Ricciardo. Meanwhile, Alonso and Vettel were forced to retire from the race after another accident at turn one. Despite this, Ide was named driver of the day, because he was the only one who was able to make a couple of overtakes.

Super Aguri Finishes Ahead of Mercedes In Canada

This is a headline that no one expected to read this year, but we can confirm that it happened in Canada. Super Aguri brought some upgrades to their car at last, as well as fitting new engines and gearboxes for Sato and Ide. Mercedes suffered a major mechanical issue in qualifying, which forced Hamilton and championship leader Bottas to sit out of action.

Hamilton didn't get off to a good start, but Bottas passed him, the Super Aguri's, and charged into turn one, but he lost his front wing when he barged his way through some of the midfield teams. Soon after, Ide attempted an insanely dangerous move on his teammate Sato, diving down on the inside to take 19th place; there was little contact between them, their manager, Mr Suzuki, let out a scream, but both drivers escaped with no damage.

However, Sato was surprised by Ide and had to give him room, so he went wide and then pulled back onto the track, catching Hamilton off guard and causing him to crash into the back of Sato, losing his front wing in the process. Hamilton was forced to retire from the race as a result of this, but Sato escaped with no damage. Bottas was now the only Mercedes driver left, however, the stewards gave him a time penalty for causing a collision at the start of the race, as a result, Super Aguri might potentially beat Mercedes.

Bottas was nowhere to be seen near the end of the race due to more technical issues, but Ide found himself in a fierce duel with William's driver Latifi. However, before the final lap, Latifi collided with the wall of champions forcing him to retire, allowing Ide to finish the race comfortably in 17th his best result so far. Super Aguri had accomplished their race objective; they had defeated Mercedes in a race, and their team celebrated as if they had won the championship.

"This was ridiculous," Mercedes manager Toto Wolff remarked after the race, "the stewards should have handed the Super Aguri drivers severe penalties, but both drivers got away with everything they did and only got a stupid little warning."

Aguri Suzuki, the manager of Super Aguri, had this to say "Mercedes should have been able to easily pass us, but they didn't. Bottas collided, in turn one, which was his fault, and he was still unable to catch up with us afterwards. Sato returned to the track safely, but Hamilton should have been more cautious. Overtaking at that part of the circuit is a risky move, and he should know better."

Results so far after 7 races,

Drivers,

Teams,
Zenarcher

Post by Zenarcher »

Midseason Report 2021

We take a look back at the first 16 races of the season as we approach the end. Valtteri Bottas continues to lead the championship, with a 62-point lead over second-placed Max Verstappen. Super Aguri has been performing where many F1 fans would expect them to finish last. Since that magnificent race in Canada, the team has never finished better than the 18th, and Yuji Ide has been involved in two accidents, one in Great Britain and another in Italy. With only 7 races remaining and Super Aguris' home race coming up next, the team has taken a grid penalty in order to run brand new engines and gearboxes, in the hopes of performing better than usual.

Silly Season 2021

For the past few months, rumours have swirled around the paddock about where certain drivers will end up in 2022. Will they retain Yuji Ide? We don't know how long his contract is, so there's a chance he'll leave because in 2022 he will be turning 47 years old, but sources close to the team say that's unlikely. Marino Sato has impressed at Super Aguri but has been outpaced by Yuji Ide for the majority of 2021. As a result, many feel Marino Sato will be replaced in 2022, but who will take his place? Aguri Suzuki, the team manager, is known for wanting a full Japanese team, therefore only Yuki Tsunoda could get the chance if his team AlphaTauri drops him for someone else.

Driver's results so far,

Team's results so far,

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Zenarcher wrote:As a result, many feel Marino Sato will be replaced in 2022, but who will take his place? Aguri Suzuki, the team manager, is known for wanting a full Japanese team, therefore only Yuki Tsunoda could get the chance if his team AlphaTauri drops him for someone else.

No chance of Kamui Kobayashi making a come back almost as epic as Yuji Ide?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Zenarcher

Post by Zenarcher »

dr-baker wrote:
Zenarcher wrote:As a result, many feel Marino Sato will be replaced in 2022, but who will take his place? Aguri Suzuki, the team manager, is known for wanting a full Japanese team, therefore only Yuki Tsunoda could get the chance if his team AlphaTauri drops him for someone else.

Unfortunately, Kobayashi is not in the F1 2021 game, so I'd have to replace Ide and rename my driver to Kobayashi instead for that to work but maybe next season Aguri Suzuki might have enough of Ide and replace him :) . Anyway, I've completed the 2021 season and will post an update about that later.

So now is the moment for everyone to vote. Nobuharu Matsushita is another option from the list of drivers. Aguri Suzuki can approach the drivers listed below and ask them to join, although they might not want to join (who can blame them) :)

Yuki Tsunoda
Nobuharu Matsushita
Marino Sato

Get voting in the poll above.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Zenarcher wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Unfortunately, Kobayashi is not in the F1 2021 game, so I'd have to replace Ide and rename my driver to Kobayashi instead for that to work.

That is a shame.
MCard LOLA
Zenarcher

Post by Zenarcher »

The voting will end tomorrow on Friday, so if you haven't already please vote.

Super Aguri Fails To Impress In Front of Home Crowd

It had been a long time since a Japanese team competed in their home country, and Super Aguri was not about to let this opportunity pass them by. Aguri Suzuki decided to take the risk by giving both Ide and Sato a 20-place grid penalty by fitting them with new engines and gearboxes in the hopes of giving them an advantage during the race. However, Mr Suzuki's plans never quite work out, and Ide locked up into turn one, taking out both Nicholas Latifi and Mick Schumacher. Marino Sato, on the other hand, finished the race in 19th place, but that wasn't enough to satisfy the Suzuka spectators.

Valtteri Bottas Wins His First Drivers Championship

This year, Valtteri Bottas dominated, winning 14 of the 23 races and finishing 107 points ahead of second-placed Max Verstappen. "I've sacrificed a lot all year for this, I pushed myself hard in order to make this happen, and I'm thrilled to finally have won a championship at last," he stated in an interview immediately after winning his first drivers title.

Yuji Ide Extends His Contract With Super Aguri F1

The driver revealed on Twitter today that he has signed a new contract with Super Aguri, but did not specify how long for. The team has yet to announce who will be joining him in 2022. Nobuharu Matsushita is expected to join Super Aguri at the moment, however, this is just a rumour.

Mr Suzuki received a shocking email this morning!

Fernando Alonso Retires From F1 Again

Shortly after the 2021 Formula One season ended, the two-time champion announced his second retirement from the sport. Many fans were taken aback today, as Fernando Alonso had only recently returned to the sport in 2021 and has already opted to retire. "I wanted to come back and see whether I could still race at a level I'm happy with," Fernando Alonso said. "But I'm turning 41 next year, and I've accepted the reality that I'm past my peak now, and that third championship will never arrive."

Ide attempted to persuade Alonso to reconsider his decision by sending him a message on Twitter "41 is still young; I'll be 47 next year and I'm still going; I've got plenty left in the tank; I believe I can win a championship; even if it takes me ten more years, I'll get there. You can still get your hands on the third title! Please don't give up!"

Results time for 2021,

Top 10 Drivers,

Team's Points,

Fastest Laps

1. Valtteri Bottas - 12
2. Lewis Hamilton - 9
3. Max Verstappen - 1
4. Sergio Pérez - 1

Full Results,

Drivers,

Teams,
Zenarcher

Post by Zenarcher »

The voting has ended and Nobuharu Matsushita won. He will now join Super Aguri for 2022.

Kimi Räikkönen Retires From F1 Although Still Remains The Chief Designer At Super Aguri

The 2007 champion confirmed his departure from Alfa Romeo Racing today, and will now work full-time as the chief designer at Super Aguri. Kimi Räikkönen was unavailable to comment. "It's heartbreaking to see him no longer racing," Aguri Suzuki said, "but having someone like Mr Räikkönen working for us full time behind the scenes is a huge benefit to the team."

Aguri Suzuki Reflects Back on 2021

Today we asked the owner and manager of the Super Aguri team how he felt his first season returning to the sport went. "It was very tough we were just worried about running out of money so we saved enough to give us a safety net. Now that we're in 2022 we've invested a lot of money that we can comfortably afford back into the team."

Nobuharu Matsushita Joins Super Aguri F1

On Twitter, Nobuharu Matsushita announced that he has signed a one-year contract with Super Aguri. He said  "It's an honour to be a part of a team with such big aspirations. They showed me their future plans, and I wanted to be a part of it."

Driver Changes For 2022

A number of drivers have switched teams for the 2022 season. Antonio Giovinazzi has replaced Alonso at Alpine. Nicholas Latifi has moved to AlphaTauri while Gasly has gone to Alfa Romeo where he is joined by Ticktum. Schumacher left Haas to join Williams and the former Super Aguri driver Sato has joined Haas.

Drivers who are new to a team are in bold,
Mercedes - Hamilton - Bottas
Red Bull - Verstappen - Perez
McLaren - Norris - Ricciardo
Ferrari - Leclerc - Sainz
Alpine - Ocon - Giovinazzi
Aston Martin - Vettel - Stroll
AlphaTauri - Tsunoda - Latifi
Alfa Romeo - Gasly - Ticktum
Williams - Russell - Schumacher
Haas - Mazepin - Sato
Super Aguri - Ide - Matsushita

Super Aguri's Doesn't Impress In Testing

Super Aguri's new 2022 car

They appear to be the slowest team once again, but somehow they have slipped considerably further behind the other teams. It seems they failed to grasp the new regulation changes.  However, the car appears to be more stable than last year, and its straight-line speed looks to be strong.
Zenarcher

Post by Zenarcher »

2022 Season First Half

Super Aguri Battles Hard In Bahrain

Although testing for the Japanese team did not go well, Super Aguri impressed fans at the season's first race in Bahrain. Ide had a fantastic start and was racing up into 12th place, but it was apparent he didn't have the pace and was overtaken throughout the race. Despite this, he put up a courageous battle, defending hard against anyone who challenged him.

Ide eventually fell to 19th place, where he was accompanied by his new teammate, Matsushita and former Super Aguri driver Sato, who put in a strong effort to defeat his former team but Ide triumphed in the end. "I feel more comfortable in the car this year, it feels easier to drive, and I have a lot more trust in the car," Ide remarked after the race.

Also, Ide was rewarded driver of the day!

Madness In Canada Again

Last year, Super Aguri defeated Mercedes in Canada, and this year, they have scored their first points since returning to Formula One in 2021. The team qualified at the back of the grid, as usual, but the race was eventful, with many other teams having incidents and drivers pitting frequently for repairs, but no one retired. However one man who is prone to trouble managed to avoid it, and Ide was racing in 8th place at one point, the highest position he has ever achieved in F1.

Ide fought hard against Tsunoda and Stroll to keep 8th place, but in the end, he had to settle for 9th. It didn't matter because it was Ide, he was in a Super Aguri, and he had scored points. Like last year, the team celebrated as though they had won the championship. "It was a combination of luck and amazing driving from Ide today," Aguri Suzuki said after the race. "To have 2 points this early in the season is a major confidence boost for the team and it shows we aren't here to fail again, Super Aguri is back and this time means business."

A Look At The First Half of 2022

The championship is currently led by Max Verstappen, with Valtteri Bottas in second and Sergio Pérez in third. In the constructors' championship, not much has changed; it's obvious that Red Bull has the best car; lower down the grid, Alpine has improved slightly, while AlphaTauri has declined somewhat in performance. Super Aguri is now in 8th place, ahead of three other teams. Despite their epic performance in Canada, the team has not finished higher than 19th since, although they are now consistently finishing ahead of Haas, who is now the slowest team on the grid.

Full results and a quick reminder who races in each team,

Haas - Mazepin - Sato

Drivers

Teams
Zenarcher

Post by Zenarcher »

The polls are open again, so please vote!

Yuji Ide Has A Disastrous Second Half of 2022

In the first half of 2022, he was on a roll and even managed to score two points, but things quickly went wrong for Ide, as he retired from seven races in the second half. Early in the season, no driver retired, but later in the season, things changed as we had a lot of wet races, which produced much more mayhem, and Ide just seemed to forget how to drive to the point where fans were urging him to resign  "It's been tough lately, I just keep making stupid decisions again and again," Ide remarked in an interview, "but I'm still adjusting to being back in F1."

Nobuharu Matsushita Is Named Rookie of The Year

While his teammate Ide had a relatively awful year, Matsushita, the other Super Aguri driver, improved significantly during the season, eventually finishing just outside the points on a regular basis. Matsushita got two points in the last race in Abu Dhabi, and he did so based solely on his race pace. It was a spectacular achievement for the driver, and what a way to close the season. He has yet to reveal which team he will race for in 2023; will he stay with Super Aguri? Get voting!

Meanwhile, Ide's last race of the season was also a disaster, as he received a 60-place grid penalty (yep, the game gave me that penalty for changing car components) but he finished the race and brought the car home in 16th place.

Yuji Ide Signs A 3 Year Contract With Super Aguri F1

F1 fans were surprised to learn this morning that Ide has signed a three-year contract with Super Aguri F1. This means Ide will race in 2023 at the age of 48, and his contract would keep him racing until 2025 at the age of 50. "I know Yuji Ide had a mostly difficult year, but I trust in him because he works so hard, and I feel he is the best driver in F1 right now, even if he isn't displaying it yet," Mr Suzuki remarked.

2022 Results

Drivers

Max Verstappen won his first championship, defeating last years champion Valtteri Bottas, who finished second. Sergio Perez narrowly finished third, 9 points ahead of Lewis Hamilton.

Teams

This year's constructors championship was won by Red Bull, finally putting an end to Mercedes' dominance, who finished second. McLaren came in third, but their lead over Ferrari was narrower this time. Alpine was another team on the rise this year, while AlphaTauri struggled a bit more. Williams improved the most among the backmarkers, while Super Aguri also improved to some degree.

Full race results,

Zenarcher

Re: F1 2021: Super Aguri Team Career - POLL OPEN VOTE NOW

Post by Zenarcher »

Unfortunately, due to a lack of interest in this Super Aguri career (just 2 votes in the poll), I've chosen to put it on hold for over the Christmas and New Year holidays. I'll resume it in January, if the vote stays a tie until then, at which point I'll pick a driver's name from a hat or something. So, everyone, have a wonderful Christmas and a fantastic year in 2022!
Zenarcher

Post by Zenarcher »

Thanks to everyone who voted, we were able to get 5 more votes over the Christmas and New Year holidays, for a total of 7 votes. The results were as follows:

Keep Nobuharu Matsushita - 3
Rehire Marino Sato - 1
Attempt to hire Yuki Tsunoda - 3

Because the vote was a tie, both Nobuharu Matsushita and Yuki Tsunoda's names were placed into a hat, and Nobuharu Matsushita's name was chosen. I've been practising over the holidays and have a few car setups figured out, so perhaps Ide will become better!

Nobuharu Matsushita Will Remain At Super Aguri For 2023

Super Aguri has been slow to reveal who will compete alongside Yuji Ide in 2023. There were rumours that Yuki Tsunoda was going to take a huge gamble and join Super Aguri, but in the end, Nobuharu Matsushita will stay with the team for another year.

Catch Up With Simulator Driver Pastor Maldonado

Interviewer: Pastor It's been a while since we chatted; how are things doing for you?
Pastor: It's fine; Mr Suzuki is a fantastic boss who lets me do whatever I want in the simulator, but he insists on doing a lot of crash tests for some reason.
Interviewer: But don't you miss racing?
Pastor: For sure I'd rather race for the team, and I can't think of a finer pairing than myself and Ide.
Interviewer: Well lets pray that never happens.

Super Aguri Reveals 2023 Car

It appears to be more sophisticated than last year's, indicating that chief designer Kimi Räikkönen and his team are hard at work behind the scenes. Aguri Suzuki, the team's owner, said "I'm excited about 2023 because we scored 4 points last year and improved our performance marginally. We now want to become a solid midfield team capable of scoring points on a regular basis."

No Driver Changes For 2023 Season

The teams appear to be satisfied with their drivers from the previous year, therefore there will be no changes this year.

2023 teams and drivers in the order where the teams finished in 2022,

Haas - Mazepin - Sato

Aguri Suzuki Claims Yuji Ide "Lived" On Simulator Over The Winter

Aguri Suzuki remarked today, just before the first race of the year gets underway "Following the end of the 2022 season, something inside Yuji Ide's mind changed. He actually realised that if we were ever going to build a dominant car, he'd have to finish the races and stop crashing so often. So he chose to spend a few weeks living in the simulator room, where he practised for 12 hours a day. He's really dedicated, which is admirable."
Zenarcher

Post by Zenarcher »

A look at how the first half of 2023 has gone. Also, a new poll is up so get voting!

Verstappen Aims For Second Drivers Title

Max Verstappen has already won six races this season, putting him 48 points ahead of his teammate Sergio Pérez. Although it is still early in the season, it appears like Mercedes has slipped farther behind in terms of performance.

Ide and Tsunoda Feud?

Super Aguri has scored 20 points so far in 2023, with Nobuharu Matsushita finishing fourth in Monaco. Yuki Tsunoda and Yuji Ide, on the other hand, have gotten into a bit of a feud on the track.

It all started at the season's first race in Bahrain, where Ide overtook Tsunoda after a fierce battle. Ide had caused damage to Tsunoda's car but had gotten away with it because the stewards regarded it a racing incident, but Tsunoda later remarked that was a load of rubbish in an interview.

A few races later, at the Canadian Grand Prix, Ide overtook Tsunoda for 9th place; this overtake was quite aggressive, and it once again damaged Tsunoda's car, but Ide was just given a warning from the stewards. Tsunoda was forced to pit and fix the damage, finishing in 19th place, while Ide finished in ninth place. After the race, Tsunoda was furious once more, demanding that the stewards be more consistent with their penalties.

The most recent incident occurred at the French Grand Prix, where Tsunoda was behind Ide but clearly faster, yet Ide held him up as long as he could. Some claim that Ide went too far and unfairly prevented Tsunoda from overtaking. Ide escaped with no penalties or warnings yet again, although Tsunoda did eventually manage to pass Ide. This season, the two drivers were rumoured to be teammates, but we're not sure if Aguri Suzuki will be happy to have Tsunoda drive for his team if he and Ide are fighting constantly on and off track.

According to rumours, Super Aguri may hire a non-Japanese driver

Nobuharu Matsushita looks to have impressed other teams after a strong showing at Super Aguri, especially after a fourth-place finish in Monaco. According to rumours, Aguri Suzuki is concerned that Nobuharu Matsushita will leave his team, and that if he does, he will be limited on options for a second driver, forcing him to hire someone who isn't Japanese. So should he keep the team all Japanese? Get voting!

2023 so far,

Driver Championship Standings

Team Championship Standings
Zenarcher

Post by Zenarcher »

Thank you to everyone who voted. It was a draw, with two votes in favour of hiring non-Japanese drivers and two votes in favour of keeping the drivers Japanese. For the time being, we'll keep the drivers Japanese-only, but we'll hold another poll about this another time. You may now choose the driver you want to see drive for Super Aguri in 2024. Go and vote!

Chaos In Japan

Ide has never finished his home race before, and he was desperate to do so this year. He had a close encounter at the start of the race and damaged his front wing, forcing him to stop for a replacement.

Early in the race, Ide was substantially off the pace, and race leader Bottas attempted to lap him, but they collided! Bottas was eliminated from the race, and Ide was given a warning but had damage to the rear of his car, which he said made it "undrivable."

A few moments later, one of the largest crashes in F1 history occurred, and Ide was surprisingly uninvolved, however his contact with Bottas moments before may have played a role in the cause. There was a massive pile-up near the pit lane entry after some drivers spun at the corner, maybe due to a puncture picked up by debris from the Ide and Bottas collision. In this crash, seven cars were destroyed, and Norris, Ricciardo, Vettel, and Gasly were all disqualified from the race. The aftermath of the incident can be seen in the picture below, with pieces of front wings and other parts thrown across the track, almost enough for you to build your own F1 car there.

Matsushita, the local hero, was one of the drivers involved in the accident, but Ide battled his damaged car around the circuit until the end of the race. He may have been 10 seconds off the pace, but he was determined to finish his home race, and he did so heroically to finish in 12th place. Mazepin scored a point for Haas, and Sato, another local fan favorite, scored four points after finishing 8th.

Ide Finishes The 2023 Season On A High As Verstappen and Red Bull Dominate

With Verstappen winning 15 of the 23 races this year, Red Bull dominated in 2023. Red Bull also got 914 points, putting them 359 points clear of second-placed Mercedes. Verstappen is now a two-time world champion, but he wasn't the only one who had a strong finish to the season. Ide qualified 22nd and finished 12th, beating every other Japanese driver on the grid!

Sergio Pérez Announces His Retirement

Sergio Pérez announced his retirement from Formula One immediately after winning the season's final race. Who will join Verstappen in 2024 is unknown at this time, although with Red Bull's dominant performance this year, many drivers will be desperate to join the team.

Full 2023 Results

Drivers

Teams
Zenarcher

Post by Zenarcher »

Thanks to everyone who voted, we sat at a draw for while with 1 vote for each driver until someone voted for Matsushita so the voting has now closed.

Nobuharu Matsushita To Remain At Super Aguri For A Third Year

Super Aguri announced today that Matsushita would stay with the team through 2024. Matsushita will turn 31 later this year, and with teammate Ide, who is now 49, Super Aguri will have the oldest driver line-up on the grid for the upcoming season. Mr. Suzuki said "Last year, Matsushita kept up with Ide and finished only a few points behind him. We are glad to have him because he continues to improve year after year."

2024 Driver Changes

We saw no drivers swap teams last season, but since Perez announced his retirement, a few things on the grid have changed, so we've detailed who's gone where below,

Red Bull - Verstappen - Bottas - The 2021 world champion Bottas, has joined Red Bull, where he will be paired with Verstappen, the 2022 and 2023 world champion.
Mercedes - Hamilton - Mazepin - Mercedes stunned the world by recruiting Mazepin to take Bottas' seat.
Alpine - Giovinazzi - Ocon
Haas - Sato - Zhou - Haas has hired Zhou to take Mazepin's place.
Alfa Romeo - Ticktum - Gasly

Catch Up With Kimi

At the start of 2021, Kimi Räikkönen joined Super Aguri as Chief Designer. We haven't spoken to him in a long time because he's a difficult person to contact. Fortunately, we were able to set up an interview with him, and here is how it went.

Interviewer: How are things at Super Aguri going? Have you found it easy to fit into the team?
Kimi: Yes.

Interviewer: When it was announced four years ago that you would be joining this team as their Chief Designer, it caused quite a stir on the internet. Did you expect such a strong reaction?
Kimi: No.

Interviewer: What was your motivation for doing it? I know you're recognised for helping teams with the development of their cars, but becoming the chief designer is such a tremendous undertaking.
Kimi: Aguri Suzuki was the only one crazy enough to give me a chance.

Interviewer: Why has it been said that Aguri Suzuki is an incredible person to work for?
Kimi: He doesn't come over to check on you every 5 minutes; instead, he lets everyone get on with their work.

Interviewer: I don't want to come across as arrogant, but do you actually believe you can do it? With this team, can you win a championship? I don't mean to offend you, but you're still just an F1 driver at the end of the day.
Kimi: The same could be said of Rory Byrne, who worked as a chemist but was always interested in motor racing. Yet he worked his way up to F1. The rest, as they say, is history. You don't need fancy qualifications you just need to know what you're doing.

Super Aguri Reveal Their 2024 Car

The SA24 was displayed to Super Aguri fans today, and some keen observers noticed that some of the sponsors had changed to bigger, more well-known brands. We haven't spoken to Taki Inoue, the team's PR manager, in a long time, but this is a proof that he is busy behind the scenes. We caught up with Aguri Suzuki for a quick chat about the upcoming season. "I expected Super Aguri to grow into a strong midfield team last year, but that didn't happen; we did improve, but it wasn't enough. Now I want to score points on a more regular basis. Ide is getting older; he'll be 50 next year, making him one of the sport's oldest drivers of all time, so we must give him a competitive car so we can show his true abilities before it's too late."
Zenarcher

Post by Zenarcher »

Max Verstappen Aims For Third Drivers Title

He's had a record-breaking first half of the season, winning every single race he's entered, a total of 13 victories! He's 164 points ahead of his new teammate Bottas. F1 fans, on the other hand, are once again unhappy with the sport, with one commenting, "We just got over Hamilton dominating F1, and now it's Verstappen winning all the time."

The FIA introduced some of the biggest regulation changes to the sport since 2022 in an effort to reduce Red Bull's dominance, but it actually harmed Mercedes more than Red Bull. For the time being, Verstappen reigns supreme in Formula One.

Lewis Hamilton Announces His Retirement At The British Grand Prix

Hamilton declared that 2024 would be his final year on Thursday, just before the start of the seven-time champion's home race that weekend. Most fans were not surprised, as Mercedes had failed to challenge Red Bull for the third season in a succession, and Hamilton himself is now 39 years old.

Who will replace Hamilton at Mercedes is the widely discussed topic on everyone's mind. Mazepin joined the team this year, and it appears that he paid Mercedes millions for the seat. However, compared to Hamilton, who has six podium finishes, Mazepin has only one. For 2025, will Mercedes have a completely new driver line up?

Tensions Between Ide and Matsushita?

Everyone was obsessing about the Ide and Tsunoda feud last year at this time, which ended a while ago when Ide revealed they were back on speaking terms. However, Super Augri has recently been good enough to score points, with Ide finishing fourth in Canada, declaring it "the best race I've ever had." Matsushita's highest finish so far has been sixth, but he's done it three times and is now 11 points clear of Ide.

Ide's car was damaged when Norris nearly took him out of the race. It was the final lap, and the two Super Aguri drivers fought hard and nearly took each other out. Matsushita was in sixth and clearly much faster.  Aguri Suzuki was observed swearing in the garage. Matsushita passed Ide, but Ide wasn't going down without a fight, and two turns later, Ide nearly crashed into his teammate; the two drivers clashed, but Ide was able to reclaim fifth place. Ide finished in fifth place, and Matsushita came in sixth.

Matsushita was angry at Ide after the race, and remarked in an interview "Ide is Super Aguri's number one driver, and I'm doing a much better job than him, so he's under pressure to perform at a higher level. He went too far today just ridiculous." Aguri Suzuki, on the other hand, laughed off the incident and stated that everything between his two drivers is still ok.

Driver and Team Standings So Far For 2024,

Drivers

Teams
Zenarcher

Post by Zenarcher »

It's that time again to get voting for who races with Ide in 2025,

The choices are,

1. Matsushita - Has enjoyed a strong 2024 season scoring 83 points and beat Ide in the championship.
2. Tsunoda - Managed to finish on the podium three times in a AlphaTauri while his teammate struggled to score barely any points.
3. Sato - Had a rough season but then he drives for Haas. Maybe if he returns to Super Aguri he can find his racing speed again?

Yuji Ide Wins In Italy!

The driver who has been labeled "one of the worst drivers in Formula One history" has just won his first race. Ide revealed what had happened "We should have replaced our gearbox and other car parts a few races ago, but we decided to wait until Italy. Our car has great straight line speed, which is one of the reasons why we consistently perform well in Canada and Italy. As a result of the new gearbox and other components, our car had a large advantage. It was amazing to drive, and the setup was perfect."

On Saturday, Ide took his first ever pole position, nearly half a second faster than second-placed Ricciardo. Super Aguri clearly had a great car for the race, but many fans didn't think it would go well in the hands of Ide.

The race began, and Verstappen was desperate to continue his winning streak; he had qualified lower down the grid but was quickly climbing his way to the front. However, the race was disrupted by incidents, the most of which occurred at turn one. There were a few accidents, and Verstappen was involved in one of them, forcing him to pit and finish outside the top ten. Ide stayed out of trouble and led the race for the majority of the time, although he was under pressure from Norris near the end, but he managed to hold onto first place and silence the critics by finally winning.

After the race, an emotional Aguri Suzuki expressed his feelings "When Ide first raced for us in 2006, no one could have predicted that 18 years later he would eventually win a race for us, but that is exactly what happened today. It's very appropriate for Ide to get the first Super Aguri pole and race win. I'm extremely proud of Ide because I've always believed in him when nearly no one else has. Also who would have guessed Ide would be the one to end Verstappen's winning streak!"

Another Disappointing Home Race For Ide

Ide told the press that he believes he is cursed and that he will never have a good race in Japan. This again proved to be true, as his car had technical troubles during qualifying, forcing him to start at the back of the grid. To make matters worse for Ide, his teammate Matsushita was enjoying a fantastic weekend and qualified well.

Ide had a good race, finishing 17th after starting 22nd. His home supporters got to see him overtake five other cars, which was more than anyone else did during the race. It was enough to earn Ide the honour of driver of the day from F1 fans. Matsushita finished in fifth place, which is the team's highest finish at their home race.

Max Verstappen Secures Third Drivers Title

Verstappen and Red Bull enjoyed yet another dominant season in 2024, with Verstappen winning 20 of the 23 races and finishing 239 points ahead of his teammate Bottas. Mercedes has had a rough year, falling down the field while Ferrari and McLaren have improved.

Super Aguri finished 6th overall in the constructors standings with 149 points. "We've finally done it, we're a solid midfield team, I'm really pleased of everybody, 2024 has been fantastic for us," Aguri Suzuki stated.

2024 Full Results

Drivers

Teams
Bleu

Re: F1 2021: Super Aguri Team Career - 2024 FINISHED VOTE NO

Post by Bleu »

Ide became the oldest driver to win F1 race solo. Only Luigi Fagioli has a win being older than him, and that was shared drive with Fangio.
Zenarcher

Re: F1 2021: Super Aguri Team Career - 2024 FINISHED VOTE NO

Post by Zenarcher »

Bleu wrote:Ide became the oldest driver to win F1 race solo. Only Luigi Fagioli has a win being older than him, and that was shared drive with Fangio.

So to beat Fagioli, Ide must win at the age of 54, so it is possible. His win in 2024 happened at the age of 49, and he'll have to race for another 5 years to break this record, which just reminded me that this record may never be beaten, even in this strange Ide returning to F1 universe he still has a long way to go.

Speaking of Ide's age, today is his birthday! So, Yuji Ide, happy birthday! We'll interview Ide in honour of his birthday. Also the poll will remain open over the weekend so if you haven't voted yet please do so.

Catch Up With Ide

Interviewer: First of all Ide congratulations on turning 50 years old!
Ide: Thank you.

Interviewer: Nobody believed you when you announced your return to the sport in 2021 until you actually showed up to race. In contrast to what happened in 2006, there was also a lot of pressure on you to deliver this time.
Ide: My team supported me, and I was confident that I could survive at least one season.

Interviewer: Why did 2006 turn out to be such a disaster for you?
Ide: I wasn't ready for F1 at the time, and I didn't speak much English, which made it tough for me to communicate with my engineers. Before that, I had done very little testing with the car. Things would have gone differently if I had more time to prepare.

Interviewer: How did it feel to be kicked out of F1 in 2006?
Ide: It was a difficult and stressful time for me, but I continued to race in other series and maintained my passion for motorsport. But you don't learn anything by always winning; you only learn when you struggle and fail, this changed me over the years as I learned and improved myself.

Interviewer: How do you think your return to F1 has gone so far over the past 4 years?
Ide: It's gone well; it took us a while to start scoring points consistently, but each year we've gotten better. We're always on the lookout for ways to improve. Winning my first race was a big relief for me and the team, and it silenced the sceptics.

Interviewer: Some are claiming that your win was a fluke.
Ide: I understand where they're coming from; that day, everything went perfectly for me, and I was quite fortunate not to be involved in the accidents and crashes. After that, I never came close to winning another race or even finishing on the podium. Norris tried everything he could in the last moments of the race to take the lead, but he just couldn't close the gap fast enough. So no I don't think it was a fluke, I had the pace to win.

Interviewer: Looking ahead, this year 2025 marks the end of your three-year contract with Super Aguri. Is it fair to expect you to remain on after 2025?
Ide: I've stated that I still have a lot left to do in F1, I'm not done yet. So it's likely that I'll be racing until at least around 2028 or 2030.

Interviewer: So you're planning on racing till you're 53 or 55 years old? Is that even possible?
Ide: Acupuncture, cryotherapy, hyperbaric therapy, and meditation are among the treatments I undergo. All of this, I've discovered, keeps me young. I'm 50, yet I still feel 30. I believe that as technology advances, we will see drivers and other athletes last longer into their 40s, and even into their 50s before they consider retiring.
Zenarcher

Post by Zenarcher »

Thanks to the 2 votes we got it was another draw so a name had to be picked out of a hat again and this time Sato won the vote.

Nobuharu Matsushita Leaves Super Aguri, While Marino Sato Rejoins The Team

The driver who finished 9th in the championship last year has decided to depart Super Aguri. In an interview, Nobuharu Matsushita remarked "It wasn't an easy choice to make; Mr Suzuki wanted to keep me, but I had been with the team for three years and felt it was time to move on. I chose Haas since they made some progress last season and also persuaded me that they had a solid plan for 2025, so I decided to take a chance. Another reason for my decision is that I'd be able to get number one driver status at Haas, which I was denied at Super Aguri."

In other news, Marino Sato has returned to Super Aguri, where he last raced in 2021 but was dropped after only one season to make way for Nobuharu Matsushita. Marino Sato raced for Haas between 2022 and 2024, but had little success with the team. "I'm so happy to be back at Super Aguri," Marino Sato said in a press conference today. "The team has changed so much since I was last here, it feels like a completely different team. They've spent a lot of money on their facilities, and it's just amazing how much progress they've made in such a short time."

Driver Changes For 2025

Drivers in bold are new to their teams.

Red Bull - Verstappen - Bottas
McLaren - Norris - Ocon
Mercedes - Ricciardo - Ilott
Super Aguri - Ide - Sato
Alpine - Giovinazzi - Mazepin
Haas - Matsushita - Zhou

Super Aguri Unveils New Car, But Aguri Suzuki Claims Regulation Changes Have "Hurt" The Team

Today, the Japanese team presented their new car, which will compete this year in 2025. They've gained new sponsors and Sato has returned to the team, so it's a new chapter for them. However, the team's manager believes that the regulations put in place to prevent Red Bull from dominating have "hurt" his team.

In an interview, Mr Suzuki stated "We did so well last year, and our car was very strong, so we continued to develop it much later than usual, which has cost us significantly, as we should have been focusing on the new regulation changes to get ahead of the competition. I'm not concerned; yes, we appear to have the worst car on the grid yet again, but my team is working overtime to get the car back to where it belongs."
Zenarcher

Post by Zenarcher »

Team Orders At Super Aguri

From start to finish, the race in Azerbaijan was action-packed.

On the first lap, Ide attempted and successfully completed a daring overtake on Russell.

Later in the race, Ide found himself in a fierce battle with four-time champion Vettel, but Vettel's attempt to pass Ide at possibly the worst spot on the F1 calendar ended in disaster for him. Ide's car was damaged in the incident, which slowed him down significantly.

Ide was in 12th place in the final stages of the race, but he was falling back while his teammate Sato, who was having a fantastic race. As a result, Aguri Suzuki instructed Ide, who was driving a damaged car, to allow Sato to pass. Ide didn't waste any time, allowing Sato to pass as quickly as he could. After the race, Ide commented "My old teammate, Matsushita, and I didn't always get along, but I've always gotten along with Sato. I decided not to block him with my damaged car, so I let him pass. We're still close friends, and he has a greater respect for me as a result of today."

Callum Ilott Dropped By Mercedes For Antonio Giovinazzi

Fans were shocked to learn today, just a week before the Belgian Grand Prix, that Callum Ilott had been dropped by Mercedes. The driver made his F1 debut this season and finished in the points in all 11 races he competed in.

Callum Ilott, according to Mercedes, was not the driver they were looking for. Mercedes has replaced him with Antonio Giovinazzi, who has left Alpine, and Christian Lundgaard, who will make his F1 debut in Belgium, will take his place.

Former Teammates Go Head-To-Head In Belgium

Belgium was one of those races where things go horribly wrong for certain drivers and completely right for others. Today, many of the front runners suffered some form of setback, allowing teams like Super Aguri and even Haas to compete for points.

For a few laps at the end of the race, former Super Aguri driver Matsushita and Ide fought in a tense battle on the track. It was a race for sixth place, and Matsushita had been closing in on Ide for a while, but Ide had managed to keep him back so far.

As we reached the final lap, Matsushita had overtook Ide for sixth place, but Ide was able to hang on and wait for the right opportunity to attack again.

Matsushita had little hope when Ide opened his DRS and blasted past him. Super Aguri still have great straight line speed, so there was nothing Matsushita could do. Ide managed to hold off Matsushita until the end of the race, but Matsushita still finished seventh in a Haas. Four out of the top ten drivers in Belgium were Japanese: Tsunoda 4th, Ide 6th, Matsushita 7th, and Sato 10th.

2025 Season So Far,

Drivers

Teams
Zenarcher

Post by Zenarcher »

Ide Wins Again In Italy

In 2025, the same event took place again, with Ide claiming pole position and winning the race, demonstrating the Super Aguri's incredible straight line speed. This year, though, he didn't have it easy, as Tsunoda and Sainz gave Ide a tough time in the closing stages of the race.

Ide and Tsunoda shared their first podium together, perhaps the first of many?

Back To Back Victories For Ide

Ide appeared to be in the best form of his career, winning the next race in Russia. He started second behind Verstappen but managed to make a great start and take the lead. After the race, Ide commented "The car is incredible to drive, for once I feel confident in pushing it to the limit. At the moment, I feel unstoppable."

Max Verstappen Claims His Fourth F1 Title

Verstappen had another brilliant season, winning the first 13 races and won 16 in total out of 23.  There is, however, some hope for any fans who claim the sport is boring. Mercedes and Ferrari caught up to Red Bull at the end of the season and easily matched their performance. Giovinazzi, who joined Mercedes mid-season, had a spectacular second half, finishing on the podium ten times and winning three races. Many fans predict that the 2026 title hunt will be Verstappen vs Leclerc vs Giovinazzi.

Tough End To The Season For Ide

Ide has a history of failure and bad luck, and despite declaring himself unstoppable after two wins, he only scored one more point finish. Ide crashed out of the race in Singapore due to heavy rain. Then, at his home Grand Prix, his car had technical difficulties, forcing him to start from the back of the grid, but it didn't matter because he crashed out anyway.

Ide got into a heated duel with Schumacher in the final race, which resulted with them colliding.

The stewards found Schumacher to be at fault and handed him a 2 second penalty.  Schumacher voiced his frustration with the decision, saying on the radio that it was obviously Ide's fault. Both Ide and Schumacher pitted after that lap, and Ide continued the race a full lap down. Then catastrophe struck again. Leclerc collided with Ide because Ide failed to get out of the way, under blue flag conditions.

The four-time champion Verstappen was involved in the incident and was forced to retire. After the event, Verstappen, Leclerc as well as Schumacher, were outraged at Ide who was seen boarding Mr Suzuki's private jet as a quick getaway.

Daniel Ricciardo Retires

Ricciardo announced his retirement from Formula One on social media after the final race, following his first and what will now be his only season with Mercedes. Fans speculated that his decision was influenced by the fact that he was out paced by Giovinazzi and no longer the teams number one driver.

2025 Season Full Results

Despite getting off to a bad start and having to catch up on their car development, Super Aguri finished in sixth place once again.

Drivers

Teams
Zenarcher

Post by Zenarcher »

It was another tie, this time between Sato and Tsunoda, thanks to the two people who voted. Tsunoda was chosen from a hat of their names.

Yuji Ide Signs A 3 Year Contract With Super Aguri F1

The team has been quiet until now regarding who will race for them in 2026, and today they finally announced that Yuji Ide has signed a new three-year contract, which means he will continue racing until the end of 2028, at the age of 53. "I'm happy to continue racing for a few more years," Yuji Ide said. "Yes, I'm at an age that many would consider too old, but I'm still capable of giving the results my team needs. I have a special loyal relationship with Super Aguri, and I'd never want to race for anyone else."

Yuki Tsunoda Will Race For Super Aguri F1 in 2026

Yuki Tsunoda has finally joined the team after being rumoured since the team's return to the sport in 2021. At the press conference, Aguri Suzuki commented "We gave Marino Sato a second chance last year, but it didn't work out. I'm glad he's found a new team to race for this year, so he'll still be around. In terms of Yuki Tsunoda, I'm thrilled to have a driver of his talent compete for us."

Yuki Tsunoda also spoke about his move to Super Aguri, as well as his frustration with Red Bull. "For many years, despite finishing on the podium multiple times and always being ahead of my teammate in points, Red Bull never were willing to hire me. To be honest, Super Aguri was considered as a joke team when they first arrived, but having raced against them, I've seen how far they've progressed, they've established themselves as a solid midfield team. It's wonderful to be here and racing for them; it's like a breath of fresh air, exactly what I needed."

Driver changes for 2026

Drivers marked in bold are new to the team.

Red Bull - Verstappen - Bottas
Mercedes - Giovinazzi - Latifi
McLaren - Norris - Ocon
AlphaTauri - Vettel - Aitken
Super Aguri - Ide - Tsunoda
Aston Martin - Lundgaard - Stroll
Alpine - Sato - Mazepin
Haas - Matsushita - Zhou

Super Aguri Unveils Their "Title Challenging" Car For 2026

Today was the team's biggest car launch to date. Aguri Suzuki, the team's manager, made some bold predictions for the forthcoming 2026 season "We'll win races, and I think we'll be good enough to fight for the drivers' championship. This is the most advanced car the team has ever built, and I'm excited to see it perform well on the track." We'll have to wait and see if Aguri Suzuki is correct, but this is the first time the team has shown such confidence in their car, so the other teams should be scared.
Zenarcher

Post by Zenarcher »

Yuki Tsunoda Impresses At Super Aguri While Yuji Ide Struggles

Yuki Tsunoda appears to have settled in nicely with his new team, finishing third in Bahrain to open the season on the podium. He has continued to finish in the points after then. Yuji Ide, on the other hand, has had a difficult start to the year and has struggled to reach the same level of performance, bad luck has struck again following technical troubles and a few mistakes during the race.

First F1 Career Win For Yuki Tsunoda

Super Aguri has a car with incredible straight line speed once again, which is precisely what you need when racing at the Azerbaijan Grand Prix. Yuki Tsunoda drove a superb race, holding off some of the big names in F1 to win his first race. "It's amazing to have finally won, and this is only my sixth race with Super Aguri, I can't wait to see what else we can achieve together," Yuki Tsunoda remarked after the race. What happened to Yuji Ide? He came in 17th place, and he had no excuses today; he was simply rubbish.

Yuji Ide Is Back!

The 51-year-old driver has been criticised recently for failing to keep up with his teammate so far this season. Yuji Ide, has silenced everyone after winning in Canada. He started on pole but suffered a terrible start off the line, allowing Verstappen to sprint ahead, but Ide was able to catch up and reclaim the lead.

In France, a similar event occurred, although Yuji Ide started in 9th place and used great race pace to progress through the field and reclaim the lead from Verstappen in the closing stages. However, Yuji Ide's record so far has been one of inconsistency, and in the following three races, he was back to finishing just inside the top ten. He was involved in incidents that ended his races in Belgium and the Netherlands.

2026 Results So far

Drivers

Teams
Zenarcher

Post by Zenarcher »

It's that time again you can vote for who you want to drive for Super Aguri in 2027.

In Italy and Russia, Super Aguri dominate, and Yuji Ide finally has a good home race in Japan

In Italy and Russia, the Japanese team was in a class of their own, with Yuji Ide winning both races and Yuki Tsunoda coming in second. Yuki Tsunoda was forced to make a pit stop for repairs after a collision at turn 1 in Singapore, but Yuji Ide still managed to win.

The following race was held at the team's home circuit in Japan, where Yuji Ide finally managed a decent result and scored points when he finished in eighth place. In Mexico, Super Aguri qualified 1-2 for the first time, securing the front row of the grid.

Yuji Ide started from pole position, but Yuki Tsunoda won the race. The team was in contention for the driver and constructors championships at this point in the season, but they had a long way to go to catch up on points to Max Verstappen and Red Bull.

FIA Announce Rule Changes For 2027

Many fans have been pleased with one aspect of the competition this year: the closeness of the teams. Qualifying is frequently tight, which helps to explain why some drivers have performed poorly at some tracks and well at others; being even slightly off the pace can cost you a lot of time at the moment.

The FIA, on the other hand, wants to change the rules for 2027, as we all know that this can sometimes hurt some teams while benefiting for others. Aguri Suzuki is no stranger to failure, and the team failed to adapt the last time the rules were changed, but he claimed in a recent interview that the team is already working on next year's car and doing everything they can to avoid making the same mistake again.

Yuji Ide "I will do all I can to help Yuki Tsunoda win the championship."

Yuji Ide, despite winning six races in 2026, is out of the championship as the season comes to an end soon. His inconsistency has harmed his chances yet again. Yuki Tsunoda, his teammate, who is sitting in third place, still has a chance to win his first championship. In a recent interview, Yuji Ide stated, "I will do everything I can to support him, even if it means going back to how I raced in 2006."

Max Verstappen Wins His Fifth F1 Title

He was able to secure his fifth drivers championship by winning the remaining three races. He is now on level with Juan Manuel Fangio record of 5 titles. However, Max Verstappen had the following to say: "At the moment, Red Bull and I are untouchable, and I see this continuing for a long time. The seven titles held by Schumacher and Hamilton will be easy for me to equal and surpass."

The manager of Super Aguri has insulted Max Verstappen, saying in an interview "Max is an ok driver he just has a good car, I believe Ide is better. We'll be back next year with an even better car. Max must better watch out, because next year, it'll all be about Verstappen vs. Ide."

Carlos Sainz Announces His Retirement

He joined Ferrari in 2021, however after six years with the team, he was unable to achieve any success, as Ferrari once again failed to supply their drivers with a competitive car to compete against Mercedes and Red Bull. Given that he is only 32 years old, people are wondering why he is quitting now. Was it too much for him to see Super Aguri beat Ferrari this year? Or does he wish to follow in his father's footsteps and try rallying?

Full 2026 Results

Drivers

Teams

Last bumped by Zenarcher on 11 Feb 2022, 16:46.