Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race - Miami 2022

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1

Pick your Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race!

Poll ended at 13 May 2022, 06:49

Alex Albon
78%
Esteban Ocon
4%
George Russell
17%

Total votes: 23

Londoner

Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race - Miami 2022

Post by Londoner »

1. Alex Albon. Another opportunistic point, kept his head while others decided to drive like imbeciles.

2. Esteban Ocon. From last to 8th, a decent shift today.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Fetzie

Re: Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race - Miami 2022

Post by Fetzie »

1. Albon, another Williams point on merit
2. Sainz, because he actually managed to finish a race in a classified position
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

1) Alex Albon
2) George Russell
RAK

Post by RAK »

1) Alex Albon: A point, well ahead of his teammate, kept his nose clean.

2) George Russell: I've become kind of inclined to see Mercedes struggle, but they did OK at this circuit and Russell made up for a poor qualifying by coming ahead of his teammate, making the best of a clever strategy.

Honourable Mention: Esteban Ocon - expected an Alpine points-scorer, but not necessarily two of them.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Bottas for running ahead of the Mercedes for a good proportion of the race and only got passed after a mistake rather than pace.

MSC for running in the points before that incident.

Albon for ending up scoring again this year.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Mick Schumacher -- Brilliant drive, didn't put a wheel wrong until Seb forgot what mirrors were.

Alexander Albon -- Kept his nose clean while everyone else around him imploded.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Albon is the only worthwhile candidate here.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Albon: Another Excellent drive. Kept his head while others lost theirs

Ocon: Last to 8th

HM to Mick Schumacher who put in the best weekend of his career so far for 50 laps.
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

1- Alex Albon- Points Again!! Dragging that car to where it should not be and keeping it clean (unlike others). More chance of getting back into that Red Bull than Gasly and Yuki at this point

2- George Russell- At this time he is beating HRH. Making good calls and keeping it clean!

Hm- Mick Schumacher- well he nearly did it I suppose.

Hm Estaban Ocon
- Did Okay and did start last.
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Albon is doing wonderfully at the moment so he gets my #1 vote, just a shame he couldn't beat Alonso after the penalty. Second vote goes to Russell, I did NOT expect another top 5 position after qualifying for him. At this rate Hamilton will have to support him. ;-)
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
IceG

Post by IceG »

Albon for again scoring a point.

Russell for passing Hamilton twice.
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

1. Alexander Albon - another point for Williams and only 0,2 off a second one!
95 GP / 63 DNF / 5 pts
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Alexander Albon - the red hair really did have an affect.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
dj_vicious

Post by dj_vicious »

2. Albon. He's showing himself to be a good set of hands behind the wheel of a rolling trash bin.

2. Verstappen. Maybe a controversial choice for IIDOTR, but the guy kept his cool, took the lead, and didn't seem to to be pressured by Leclerc's DRS-fueled charge at the end. Quickly growing wiser to his competitor's bag of tricks, he's taking Leclerc down from 'favourite for the WDC' to 'only leading because of RBR's reliability issues'. I anticipate some flaming papayas to land in my vicinity for this.
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Alexander Albon: Points for Williams again! Incredible results while his team mate was absolutely nowhere in the race.
Batty

Post by Batty »

1. Esteban Ocon - Started P20 and finished P8. Solid

2. Alex Albon - Started P18 and finished P9. Solid.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

dj_vicious wrote: 08 May 2022, 22:36 2. Albon. He's showing himself to be a good set of hands behind the wheel of a rolling trash bin.

2. Verstappen. Maybe a controversial choice for IIDOTR, but the guy kept his cool, took the lead, and didn't seem to to be pressured by Leclerc's DRS-fueled charge at the end. Quickly growing wiser to his competitor's bag of tricks, he's taking Leclerc down from 'favourite for the WDC' to 'only leading because of RBR's reliability issues'. I anticipate some flaming papayas to land in my vicinity for this.
Amazed you're the only one to mention Verstappen. He's my number 1.

Started behind both Ferraris who seemed to be evenly matched on car pace. His overtakes therefore on both his championship rivals so early on were wonderfully done, taking as early an advantage as possible. Leclerc got flustered and max pulled out a solid lead that would only have been eroded by a safety car. That SC did come, and he held off Charles yet again for multiple DRS overtake attempts.

It was a fantastic drive for someone who was deemed unable to win the championship two rounds ago. I would go as far as saying this ranks among Max's best ever drives. He's doing everything necessary right now to win this championship from a considerable distance behind.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Row Man Gross-Gene

Post by Row Man Gross-Gene »

Rob Dylan wrote: 09 May 2022, 06:00
dj_vicious wrote: 08 May 2022, 22:36 2. Albon. He's showing himself to be a good set of hands behind the wheel of a rolling trash bin.

Amazed you're the only one to mention Verstappen. He's my number 1.

Started behind both Ferraris who seemed to be evenly matched on car pace. His overtakes therefore on both his championship rivals so early on were wonderfully done, taking as early an advantage as possible. Leclerc got flustered and max pulled out a solid lead that would only have been eroded by a safety car. That SC did come, and he held off Charles yet again for multiple DRS overtake attempts.

It was a fantastic drive for someone who was deemed unable to win the championship two rounds ago. I would go as far as saying this ranks among Max's best ever drives. He's doing everything necessary right now to win this championship from a considerable distance behind.

Max drove a great race. But I think the Red Bull was the faster car. Evidence for that besides Max easily controlling the pace was the fact that Perez was able stay with Sainz despite being down 20kW of power. Ferrari probably should have gone with a lower-downforce setup in retrospect.
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Verstappen is now the driver I most expect to win any given race - this century it's been Schumacher, then Alonso, then Vettel then Hamilton, now Max - so him winning a race is therefore almost normal rather than anything IIDOTR worthy. Not that it takes anything away from this performance but I still think of this award as someone doing unexpected things from a midfield/tail-end team rather than an expected winner winning!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

1. Albon
2. Ocon
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Without wanting to sound too bitchy, if we're at the point of considering the nomination of Verstappen for an award with the words "Infinite" and "Improbability" in the title, then maybe it's time to either retire or rename the award.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Poll is up! You've got 48 hours to vote for your Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race :dance:
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!