The Gravel Trap: Divorcing Monte Carlo?

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Evening everyone :)

A hot topic doing the rounds recently is the future of the Monaco Grand Prix, and suddenly it seems like the unthinkable may actually become reality in the 2020s - Formula 1 leaving the Principality on a May weekend...never to come back.

For his 20th Gravel Trap, Klon has stuck his neck on the line to look into these statements, and come up with a daring opinion of his own regarding Monte Carlo's continued presence on the F1 calendar. Read it right here tonight!

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
RAK

Re: The Gravel Trap: Divorcing Monte Carlo?

Post by RAK »

For my part, while I'll acknowledge that Monaco as a track may have had its time, neither Singapore nor Las Vegas are sufficiently glamorous substitutes; Singapore is just a bit dull and Las Vegas is tawdry.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
CoopsII

Re: The Gravel Trap: Divorcing Monte Carlo?

Post by CoopsII »

It certainly looks like Monaco is going to be dropped and I won’t add my point of view to the pile regarding that but I’d bet you anything you like should it get back on the calendar a few years later it’ll be heralded as a majestic return, rightful place, jewel in F1s crown etc etc
Just For One Day...