Haas
22%
Race Control
35%

Total votes: 23

Londoner

Reject of the Race - Monaco 2022

Post by Londoner »

1. Race Control. Shambolic effort all round, at one point this felt like a re-run of Belgium 2021.

2. Williams. Very poor weekend.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Aislabie

Re: Reject of the Race - Monaco 2022

Post by Aislabie »

1. Race control - that was very Michael Masi for most of the race

2. Felipe Drugovich's sprint race - he eventually retired from about six laps down
RAK

Post by RAK »

1) Mick Schumacher: Doesn't have his father's talent at Monaco, it seems.

2) Zhou Guanyu: Tsunoda might have finished behind him, but Zhou just looked a bit erratic today and was a lot more present on the coverage.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

1) Race Control
2) Ferrari strategy department
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

1 Race Control- what a farce all round. Looked like we were heading for another Belgium 2021. The rain was fine to start the race. No standing start either. Ridiculous.

2- Ferrari Strategy- went from an easy 1-2 to a 2-4. Not good. Not good at all.

Hm- Haas. Both cars out (one crashed. Again and another just failed.) If Mick continues to wreck Chasis they might run out of cash.

Hm Willams- very very slow all weekend. Back to 2019 form

Hm- HRH whinging. Maybe he gets more airtime than anyone else but life seems to be very unfair for him at the moment. Not beaten his teammate since the first race
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Belegur

Post by Belegur »

The fact that we actually got a race out of this prompts me to not pillory the FIA.

1: Daniel Ricciardo: finished a whole one place higher than the position he started, when Norris finished in the top 6. Stick a fork in him, he's done.

2: HAAS: the only non-finishing team of this whole meet.

3: Aston Martin: anonymous as per usual, which is just unforgivable if you've copied the homework of the dux of the school.
Last edited by Belegur on 29 May 2022, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

1. Ferrari - it's hard to drop from pole to 4th with no on-track issues and they somehow managed to blow up Leclerc's result. Sainz's call to go to slicks was correct but he still got jumped by Perez on one extra stop by this stage. Hogwash.

2. Race Control - at least they finally got off with the race but I feared another Spa 2021 nonsense for a while. Replacing Masi with Freitas ain't gonna solve any issues.

3. Yuki Tsunoda - finished dead last as the Emperor of the St. Devote run-off area.

HM : Haas - double DNF and another crash bill for Herr Schumacher. Sigh...
95 GP / 63 DNF / 5 pts
IceG

Post by IceG »

(1) Race... but no Control (thanks Martin) - what was that? We did not even know the race had started until the second lap under the safety car. And how was it a restart since the race never started? Shambolic.

(2) Ferrari. How did they screw up Leclerc's race that badly?
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Ferrari: This was their race to lose. The nature of the circuit and strengths of their car meant they had Red Bull’s number. And then they did that with Leclerc. It’s starting to feel like 2017/2018 all over again. The next 2 races look like Red Bull tracks so this was a wasted opportunity

Daniel Ricciardo: Another horrific weekend at Monaco in a McLaren for him. The only positive was Lando didn’t lap him this time. How much more time and patience are they willing to invest in him?

HM’s

Race Control: Did Michael Masi sneak his way into the control booth today? I feared another Spa 2021 at one point. Count yourselves lucky we got a decent race this time.

Stroll/Latifi: Crashing under safety car? Really lads?

Zhou: The initial promise has long since subsided. Qualified last, didn’t look comfortable and finished behind Latifi. The “finished 3rd in a 2 horse race in his 3rd year of F2” shouts have a bit of substance now.
Last edited by Alextrax52 on 29 May 2022, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Race Control / The Start, Ricciardo and Ferrari are all good shouts as others have stated.

Although in Ferrari's case it is worth noting they had a narrow enough window to react to Perez going to inters, did react the following lap with Charl. Once it was dry tire time, stacking was the only option. Charl out for another lap on inters would've likely still dropped to 4th, possibly further back. The only options they had were to either have both cars remain on wets until they could go to dry tires. That would've kept Charl ahead of Verstappen and Sainz, but it's less clear that he'd have been ahead of Perez. Sainz would've suffered from the double stack, and you can bet RB would've split strategy in the hope of executing a cockblock in response. Or blink first on the inters, which usual wisdom says you don't do as the lead car in changeable conditions where you're not falling off the road on your current tires.

To offer a different option, I'm suggesting Mercedes' upgrades. Big stride forward in Spain with the upgrades but back to form in 5th & 8th here. And I don't think there's much scope to say they deserved to be further forward.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Haas, for having the first two DNFs of the Race, with Magnussen retiring anonymously, and being the only team not to see the end of.the race.

Also, the power cuts affecting the starting grid that prevented the option of standing starts during the event.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Ferrari seem to have many ways of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

1. Haas - Please
2. Canada

Hm -
Race direction - Suddenly firing Masi didn't seem such a good idea
Stewards - That Ocon penalty :facepalm:
Ferrari strategery
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Batty

Post by Batty »

1. Ferrari - Botched possibly an easy win. Sainz said he should have stayed out and Charles came in for like the 2nd time and had to be behind Sainz in the stacking.

2. Albon - Dude had a mare.

HM - Latifi, Mick, Lance - Clipping barriers.
HM - The tech for the power failure that caused the issue at the start.
dj_vicious

Post by dj_vicious »

1. Race Control. Come on, the fans aren't paying to see stationary cars. This is the fundamental problem with a governing body with unilateral powers, and thus no accountability.

2. Ferrari strategy. You gifted your rivals the win. Slam dunk ROTR in a race with very few, barring the usual suspects.

HM: Me. My predicament predictions were way off and I'm thankful there was no money on my prediction!
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

How about Alpha Tauri blowing the chance to have Pierre get a load of points?

And then Yuki was resolutely not on the pace of the car at all in the race.
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
James1978

Post by James1978 »

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/the-s ... /10313764/

Latifi a Red Bull secret agent anyone? (Albon is sort of expected but Latifi has no known history with them but seems to inadvertently help them out all the time) :)
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
billyoswarit

Post by billyoswarit »

Ferrari, you should told Charlers earlier!!!!
FIA, i dont have to say more about race control
TV, I missed Ocon-Hamilton incident right?
Williams, Albon was hell slow, but Latifi.... still Latifi
Alonso in Q3, very rookie mistake for WC but 7th in main race took him out of my candidate
Mick, stop crashing please....
Monaco Electricity, the race was postponed bcoz BLACKOUT, CMON!!!
mario

Post by mario »

I'm going to throw a little it of a curveball in here with a suggestion for Alonso's antics after the restart.

Whilst he claimed that he was driving that slowly to avoid tyre degradation, looking at the other drivers on the mediums and at Alonso's own pace near the end, tyre degradation really wasn't the issue he claimed it was - his pace really wasn't noticeably better than those around him, and was a lot more erratic to boot.

More noticeable, by backing the pack up so much, he guaranteed that he would drop Ocon out of the points and also guaranteed that Bottas would score more points - enough points, in fact, for Bottas to keep Alfa Romeo ahead of Alpine in the World Constructors Championship. Screwing his own team over in that manner - and he knew what he was doing, given the radio messages the team kept sending him asking him to up his pace - is a bit of a dick move.

More conventionally, I would have to say race control and the stewards for completely botching the whole blocking incident between Albon and Leclerc - it's really weird that, given Albon ignored at least 16 blue flags, the stewards didn't even bother investigating something that would normally be an automatic penalty (especially given Albon's admission that he was deliberately ignoring the blue flags).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

The poll is active at the top of this thread. In the next 48 hours you can vote for who you think is the Reject of the Race in Monaco. Many of you will have noticed Ferrari's absence - I am merely following the age-old rule that no person or team may win the award two races in a row :vergne: so you'll have to pick someone else! Get voting :dance:
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
James1978

Post by James1978 »

If nobody could get RotR for 2 (or more) successive races than it's a relief it didn't exist in 1996 because I'm sure Ferrari would have got it 3 times in a row then (Canada, France, Britain) - both cars retired within a few laps each time including 2 false starts for Schumacher!
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

James1978 wrote: 01 Jun 2022, 06:33 If nobody could get RotR for 2 (or more) successive races than it's a relief it didn't exist in 1996 because I'm sure Ferrari would have got it 3 times in a row then (Canada, France, Britain) - both cars retired within a few laps each time including 2 false starts for Schumacher!
Imagine if it existed in 1990. Life get it 14 times in a row.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Ferrari is the easy (and correct pick).

Race control was fine, especially compared to the Indy 500. :facepalm:
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l