Reject of the Race - Canada 2022

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Londoner

Reject of the Race - Canada 2022

Post by Londoner »

1. Yuki Tsunoda. Embarrassing unforced error that'll crop up in "F1 Fail" compilations for years to come.

2. Haas. Started 5th and 6th, Mick's car died while Mags ended up plum dead last on an utterly ridiculous strategy.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Cynon

Re: Reject of the Race - Canada 2022

Post by Cynon »

Yuki Tsunoda -- Crew gave him an amazing stop, and 15 seconds later, he binned it.

McLaren -- shite.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

So many choices:

Haas - Converting 5th and 6th into nothing.
McLaren - Double stack and hash both pitstops and completely uncompetitive.
Tsunoda - What are cold tires?

But my personal favourite from the day.
Ted Kravitz - "I'm on the edge of my seat and I'm standing up."
Was discussing what books you could write just not enough cringe for the day?
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

1. McLaren, for throwing away a potential double points finish by forgetting how to double stack.
  2. Ted Kravitz and David Croft, for getting so high on copium in that last 10%, so much so that the former was giddy recalling why the Wall of Champions has its name, and the latter having a worse grasp of history than the average Ruscist or Republican.
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Haas - Converted a third-row lockout into last and a DNF

Sky Sports F1 Commentary Team - Successfully turned an objectively quite interesting Grand Prix into a conversation about what sorts of books Ted Kravitz could write. Also the regular mistakes, consistent shitting on "DRS passes" even while the pictures on screen might be showing (a) a successful defensive move by Alex Albon or (b) a non-DRS pass by Zhou Guanyu.

Also the already nominated Yuki Tsunoda crash and McLaren double-stack
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Tsunoda. That if anything is a classic reject of the race moment
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

1. Haas - their trademark mid-season slump in full flow. 5th & 6th on the grid to 17th & DNF. How on Earth Magnussen finished several seconds behind Latifi is beyond me. The front wing problem was ancient history. He was 12th before the SC IIRC.

2. Yuki Tsunoda - it's one of the easiest pit exits here and he skated right off into the tires. Really?

HM: Sky F1 - I'm really done with their English humor commentary. Ted Kravitz needs to STFU.
95 GP / 63 DNF / 5 pts
Ducktanian

Post by Ducktanian »

Haas is my serious nomination. 5th & 6th into nothing is a feat only Haas can deliver. Magnussen finishing last is embarrasing mostly due to a questionable strategy and ruining his own race by being needlessly aggressive at the start and racing Hamilton into a corner where it was never going to work.

However I have to include a nomination for the The Sky Commentary Team I mean there's just no charm or enthusiasm in their commentary. The banter is dreadful, they trip over their words, frequently make mistakes, and fail to enhance the experience. Most of the time, I mute them just to shut them up. Its infuriating when you have a fairly decent race and the commentators just sound so bored. God I miss James Allen.
Murray Walker: "A lot of people here are really debating whether Ricardo Rosset is Formula 1 material"
Martin Brundle: "Well, it's a fairly short debate, Murray".
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

a huge amount of choices

Hm Haas- Going from 5th and 6th to a DNF and last place. For Once it wasn't Mick's fault so progress I suppose
HM Mclaren- Pitstop blunders and no pace again!!
HM Vettel- Not sure what he was doing all race including the formation lap!!

2nd- Sky Sports commentary team- God they were dreadful in the race- so many mistakes again and Kravitz was at his absolute worst. Missed Plenty of action and fudged facts all through the race. Very poor

1st- Yuki Tsunoda- Either a very foolish and stupid mistake or doing a piquet to help red bull out to keep his seat- Please all rise and Stand!!
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Haas: I didn’t expect them to stay too high up after Saturday’s heroics but that was a dreadful collapse. What does Mick have to do to score points? K-Mag put on a horrific strategy. A day to forget and for a team who started so brightly to now being ahead of only Williams in the WCC is quite damming.

McLaren: What a crock of 💩. No pace, a dreadful double pit stop and no points. Could be down to 6th soon if they aren’t careful

Yuki Tsunoda/AlphaTauri: Textbook definition of cold tyres for Tsunoda’s crash. Not seen someone do that for 15 years. It capped off what was a pretty miserable weekend for the team who were too slow.

HM to Vettel’s strategy at that final SC
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Reticent to nominate Haas as it was just a catalogue of misfortune rather than anything the team did. Thus...

1. Tsunoda - a desperately silly moment of brainfade.
2. McLaren - pitstops had the grace and decorum of a reversing dump truck.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Mick Schumacher's car: Another points finish lost. :cry: Typical Haas to score no points after starting fifth and sixth.
RAK

Post by RAK »

1) Yuki Tsunoda: Embarrassing way to go out.

2) Haas: Good chances to get points instead squandered.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
Batty

Post by Batty »

1. Yuki Tsunoda - That was a fail crash

2. McLaren - Double stacking gone wrong and they forgot which tires to put on Lando's car
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

1. Tsunoda - a classic FAIL moment
2. Haas - Schumacher's car failure was one thing but Magnussen strategy was also bad, having not pitted for fresh set during late SC.
billyoswarit

Post by billyoswarit »

I wanna defend Yuki's crash for being cold tyres, but he crashed after came off the pit!!!
another nomination is PIT CREWS, a lot of delayed stop today, but Lando's was most dreadful
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

1. Yuki Tsunoda - Classic reject stuff. Amazing.

2. McLaren - Those were spicy pitstops indeed.

HM to the Sky F1 commentary. Just terrible all around. The banter was horrific and Kravitz and Croft in particular were in terrible shape. Croft forgetting Ocon won a race at some point was just complete :shock:
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
dj_vicious

Post by dj_vicious »

I'm just going to nominate one:

Yuki Tsunoda

We all know that at some point we'll see a glorious, genuine act of rejectdom unfold on our screens and today were were presented with a treat that will be a highlight in the GPR history books. God rest his soul, we can only imagine the reaction Murray Walker would have voiced on seeing Tsunoda bin it coming out of the pits. This is what the ROTR awars is all about, and there is no reason to consider any other candidate for the 2022 Canadian GP
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dj_vicious wrote: 20 Jun 2022, 16:04 I'm just going to nominate one:

Yuki Tsunoda

We all know that at some point we'll see a glorious, genuine act of rejectdom unfold on our screens and today were were presented with a treat that will be a highlight in the GPR history books. God rest his soul, we can only imagine the reaction Murray Walker would have voiced on seeing Tsunoda bin it coming out of the pits. This is what the ROTR awars is all about, and there is no reason to consider any other candidate for the 2022 Canadian GP
I would go along with this nomination.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Seeing you all nominate the tools at Sky really makes me thank the maker I switched to the F1TV feed last year.

For my nomination it just has to be Haas. Ferrari P/U issues aside, how can you fudge up a weekend that bad? No they didn't truly "deserve" 5th and 6th in quali, but even with the conditions resetting to the mean on Sunday, they should have scored SOMETHING. Michael Andretti on line 1.....again.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Row Man Gross-Gene

Post by Row Man Gross-Gene »

Wallio wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 12:54 Seeing you all nominate the tools at Sky really makes me thank the maker I switched to the F1TV feed last year.
I'm really surprised by the all the Sky nominations. The strongest elements of the broadcast (Brundle) are great and the weakest (everyone else I guess) are pretty much dead on the median for quality here in the US. Is the average sports announcer in the UK and Europe + everywhere else in the world just light-years ahead of the US? The amount of mistakes and inane babble that occurred in Canada was barely noticeable to me, especially compared to any other sports I've ever watched. I need someone to explain this to me.

Oh, and Yuki takes it for me. It may not have been the biggest "fail" of the weekend, but it was the most traditionally rejectful in the classical sense.
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

I'm going to invoke my arbitrary rights and award the Reject of the Race nomination from Canada to Yuki Tsunoda, as any other winner would have brought shame upon the name of this very award. His exit out of the pits, however much one can blame "cold tyres", was the fault of only him, and his comedic headfirst punt into the wall nearly cost Verstappen the win when they all bunched together at the end! But really it's the sheer dumbness of it all that towers over all else. Well done, Yuki :pantano:
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l