Ecclestone injured

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
dr-baker

Ecclestone injured

Post by dr-baker »

Ecclestone has a head injury after being mugged on Wednesday for the sake of some jewellery (worth £200,000).

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88494
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Glennerz

Re: Ecclestone injured

Post by Glennerz »

Who walks around central London wearing £200,00 of jewellery??? :roll:
"Those (MasterCard-Lola) laps don't have a time, they've got an expiry date" -Unknown, 1997 Australian Grand Prix
mario

Post by mario »

Glennerz wrote:Who walks around central London wearing £200,00 of jewellery??? :roll:

Evidently you have never visited Knightsbridge - trust me, there are people there who will wear that amount of jewellery to show off their wealth. Besides, it is possible that they weren't wearing all of the jewellery at the time, but part of it was being stored in their luggage, which might have also been stolen.
Either way, it sounds like an unpleasant experience - I wouldn't wish this sort of thing upon anybody, having known friends who have been mugged themselves.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Dom

Post by Dom »

Glennerz wrote:Who walks around central London wearing £200,00 of jewellery??? :roll:

Someone with an estimated personal fortune of £1.5 billion?
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

I second Mario's comments. Knightsbridge is the sort of place where three bedroom flats go for over a million quid, where the term "Chelsea tractor" comes from, and is filled with rich business people and rich actors and actresses. People wearing £200,000 of jewellery is no surprise at all.
Glennerz

Post by Glennerz »

According to the Telegraph, jewellery including Bernie's watch and a diamond ring (presumably his girlfriend's) were taken as he arrived at work, and his assailants were lying in wait for him to arrive...

Apparently he was back to work within hours though, what a man!
"Those (MasterCard-Lola) laps don't have a time, they've got an expiry date" -Unknown, 1997 Australian Grand Prix
Chewie

Post by Chewie »

It's just an elaborate ruse to prove that his comments about the attempted robbery of Jenson in Brazil being just as likely in London.....

.....always plotting that man!!!
How ironic; Alonso loses because the Renault in front of him doesn't crash, or indeed feel inclined to pull over and let him pass!!!
Glennerz

Post by Glennerz »

Chewie wrote:It's just an elaborate ruse to prove that his comments about the attempted robbery of Jenson in Brazil being just as likely in London.....

Did he not also say in that same interview that the muggers only target victims who are 'not too bright' and 'people that look a bit soft and simple'? Unless he was referring solely to the robbers of Sao Paulo, I bet he regrets those comments now!
JeanDenisAlcatraz

Post by JeanDenisAlcatraz »

Debaser wrote:I second Mario's comments. Knightsbridge is the sort of place where three bedroom flats go for over a million quid, where the term "Chelsea tractor" comes from, and is filled with rich business people and rich actors and actresses. People wearing £200,000 of jewellery is no surprise at all.

I had an interview for a job in marketing in Knightsbridge last week. I hope you're right :D
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

dr-baker wrote:Ecclestone has a head injury after being mugged on Wednesday for the sake of some jewellery (worth £200,000).

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88494

Oh, he had a head injury? No damage done then. :P
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Chewie wrote:It's just an elaborate ruse to prove that his comments about the attempted robbery of Jenson in Brazil being just as likely in London.....

I'm standing up.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Glennerz

Post by Glennerz »

Yeah, so there's an excuse for him to dump the British GP and free up a slot for a new far-flung Grand Prix, most likely in the Gulf or a return to South Africa (which he desperately wants)! Anyone?
rffp

Post by rffp »

Scotland Yard has made a line-up with the following suspects:
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I may be looking like a fool, but who's the 2nd guy from the right?
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

tommykl wrote:I may be looking like a fool, but who's the 2nd guy from the right?

I think it might be some head-honcho from Ferrari but I'm not 100% sure.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
rffp

Post by rffp »

tommykl wrote:I may be looking like a fool, but who's the 2nd guy from the right?

Mr. Simon Gillet, former administrator of Donnington Park circuit.
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

rffp wrote:

Thanks a lot! Can't say I should have recognised him, having never seen his face before...
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

tommykl wrote:
rffp wrote:

Thanks a lot! Can't say I should have recognised him, having never seen his face before...

I didn't recognise him either, but makes sense to include him in context (but there again, so would several other people I imagine!).
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Well I, for one, wish police busts the assailants and hope Ecclestone a happy recovery. It doesn't cost £200.000 to be nice.
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

Ouch...

fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

I think it was a gang of paranoid Eurosport posters. They'll be going after Max next in the mistaken belief he still runs the FIA.

Looks like a nasty whack, anyway - as someone said above, I wouldn't wish it on anyone, especially not an old fellah. I hope he's not too traumatised, it's a horrible experience.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

May he get well soon. He looks like Klaus Kinski in that photograph.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Joe Saward wrote:Apart from that I hear that Bernie Ecclestone is going to use his black eye from a recent mugging to help promote Hublot watches, with a print advert from F1?s official watch sponsor, including the Ecclestone quote: “See what people will do for a Hublot.” That is pure Ecclestone… A man who can turn a negative into a positive.

Never misses a trick does Bernie.... :D
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

eagleash wrote:
Joe Saward wrote:Apart from that I hear that Bernie Ecclestone is going to use his black eye from a recent mugging to help promote Hublot watches, with a print advert from F1?s official watch sponsor, including the Ecclestone quote: “See what people will do for a Hublot.” That is pure Ecclestone… A man who can turn a negative into a positive.

Here's a link to the story on Autosport with an image of the advertisment.
MCard LOLA
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

eagleash wrote:

That's a nice thing of Bernie Ecclestone. He looks awesome in that ad :lol:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Apparently Tamara Ecclestone got robbed a few years ago while she and her family went away on their holidays. The BBC have an article on the alleged gang behind this and other robberies.on high profile individuals.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/extra/nm79bg ... e-burglary
MCard LOLA