Best Reject-team Liveries

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Bleu

Re: Best Reject-team Liveries

Post by Bleu »

It's JJ Lehto in the Monteverdi picture.
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

Bleu wrote:It's JJ Lehto in the Monteverdi picture.

Yep, JJ Lehto or Jyrki Järvilehto as his name goes properly. His career was another story of "damn shame!".

Putting splendid performances in the Onyx/Monteverdi, the Dallaras and the Saubers. Then finally got his break in Benetton and promptly got a break on his neck, which pretty much ended his F1-career.

Nowadays he is the commentator on Finnish f1-broadcasts.

And also, one of the people who kept the basic design of his helmet the same thorough his career. even in DTM, ITC, GT1, Le Mans and CART
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

DonTirri wrote:

Yep, JJ Lehto or Jyrki Järvilehto as his name goes properly. His career was another story of "damn shame!".

Putting splendid performances in the Onyx/Monteverdi, the Dallaras and the Saubers. Then finally got his break in Benetton and promptly got a break on his neck, which pretty much ended his F1-career.

And also, one of the people who kept the basic design of his helmet the same thorough his career. even in DTM, ITC, GT1, Le Mans and CART

he had orangey red feathers on the top in '93 at sauber
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

WeirdKerr wrote:
DonTirri wrote:

he had orangey red feathers on the top in '93 at sauber

Yet he kept the basic design (the black background with reddish lines) the same thorough
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
Irisado

Post by Irisado »

How about the 1985 RAM-Hart? I always felt it was rather a pretty car, and the chassis was pretty decent, and it could have performed well if the team had had more money and a decent engine.

My favourite teams: Minardi, Forti, Osella

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Irisado wrote:How about the 1985 RAM-Hart? I always felt it was rather a pretty car, and the chassis was pretty decent, and it could have performed well if the team had had more money and a decent engine.

Beautiful car, bearing more than a passing resemblance to the ATS of 1984. Both were designed by Gustav Brunner. The revised car that Mike Thackwell tested during the winter of 1985, with Australia sponsorship looked even better.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

Like the colour, like the design of the car.
pattav2

Post by pattav2 »

For some reason I like the Life livery, simple nice red colour. Image
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

The yellow 1995 Forti was a great looking car, a really refreshing sight. Too bad that it was so slow.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Waris

Post by Waris »

DonTirri wrote:

I think Kovalainen must've been at least influenced by his helmet. Maybe JJ Lehto was his childhood hero or something.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Fitch

Post by Fitch »

Even though March isn't a Reject team per se........RAM, who ran the March Factory efforts of 81 and 82 are a Reject Team.......

There is something about Cars bearing Rothmans Sponsorship that I find immensely appealing.....March 821, Porsche 935/956/962, Williams mid-90's F1 cars..............
Rentragmuab Tlosz!!!!!
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

I just like blue.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

My favourite reject liveries are the MasterCard Lola T97/30, MTV Simtek S941 and Pacific PR01.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

Fitch wrote: 10 Jun 2009, 05:52 Image

Even though March isn't a Reject team per se........RAM, who ran the March Factory efforts of 81 and 82 are a Reject Team.......

There is something about Cars bearing Rothmans Sponsorship that I find immensely appealing.....March 821, Porsche 935/956/962, Williams mid-90's F1 cars..............
The RAM Racing Williams also looked stunning.
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

Does the Behra-Porsche team count?
Forti
Location: The Pacific time zone, the most rejectful time zone of them all

Post by Forti »

Har1MAS1415 wrote: 17 Oct 2022, 23:25 Does the Behra-Porsche team count?
They're on the reject team list, so yes, Behra-Porsche-Porsche does count.
(The most rejectful thing about them is their constructor name. Even worse than BMW Sauber-Ferrari!)
Aislabie wrote: Oh that's another thing, if you hang around with us it will completely reshape your perception of Mario as a character.
It would be funny if FortiWinks returned from his absence only to find out that I'm the Forti in town now.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

GT_Forti1 wrote: 18 Oct 2022, 00:10
(The most rejectful thing about them is their constructor name. Even worse than BMW Sauber-Ferrari!)
What's the story behind that? I've not heard of the Behra double Porsche before.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

dr-baker wrote: 18 Oct 2022, 06:26
What's the story behind that? I've not heard of the Behra double Porsche before.
I think the 2nd Porsche refers to the engine.
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

According to a quote in the Autosport forum
(https://forums.autosport.com/topic/1808 ... ies/page-7) that's not the Behra-Porsche but this is.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Quite.an interesting thread. Quite enjoyed the link to the Beaulieu website, to an article about Maria Teresa de Filippis: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/news/women-i ... -filippis/
MCard LOLA
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

dr-baker wrote: 18 Oct 2022, 18:50 Quite.an interesting thread. Quite enjoyed the link to the Beaulieu website, to an article about Maria Teresa de Filippis: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/news/women-i ... -filippis/
Even if it does have an image of the wrong car on it. The photo shows another F1 reject, Juan Manuel Bordeu, in his Formula Junior Stanguellini at Monaco in 1959.