FormulaRejects.com - Post here to get a Wiki account!

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
DemocalypseNow

Re: FormulaRejects.com - Post here to get a Wiki account!

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CarloSpace wrote:I might have messed something. I tried to log onto wiki but couldn't so I requested a new password. Turns out I haven't received an email. Can someone check what my password is and/or which email I have registered to wiki? Thanks!

Did you get an verification email back in November when signing up? Without a verified email address, often the password reset function won't work properly.

It may also have worked and simply ended up in your spam folder. If you email address is what I think it is - [censored][email protected] - then the system actually did dispatch a message to your account, and the Gmail server received it successfully. In layman's terms, I sent a letter, the postman found your house successfully, but somehow it didn't get through the letterbox. Perhaps the guard dog ate it.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

Ah, it was indeed mt dog who had eaten it. Should have checked the spam folder of course :facepalm:

Thanks for your help!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Hi guys,

Botnets are deciding to have a field day with the wiki server again. The existing defences didn't do the trick, I need to work on refining things further to make sure I don't accidentally block out legitimate users as well as the malicious visitors.

It may take a little while for things to go back to normal, with some long outages to be expected in the coming few days.

Apologies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In more positive news, I am in the middle of implementing a fresh landing page for the wiki for next year. The changes will do away with tables altogether, making the landing pages less cluttered, easier to navigate, and completely responsive. If you want to see the building phase in action, you can take a look at my Sandbox page to see it as it's put together.

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

DemocalypseNow wrote:
In more positive news, I am in the middle of implementing a fresh landing page for the wiki for next year. The changes will do away with tables altogether, making the landing pages less cluttered, easier to navigate, and completely responsive. If you want to see the building phase in action, you can take a look at my Sandbox page to see it as it's put together.

A new homepage has been a moot point for some time now, so I'm glad to see that an elegant solution will replace what we have now. It worked when the wiki first started and has been adapted, but like you say, with the amount of series ballooning, it is an appropriate time for a change.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

WIKI DOWNTIME: 1/2 Jan 2017 - Completed
It has been a fair while now, so for a number of reasons (primarily security and also to access new functionality), the wiki will be upgraded to the latest stable software version.

This means on 1/2 January, the wiki will be in read-only mode, as any changes made during this period would be lost thereafter anyway. There may also be periods of complete outage for the wiki, though the main domain (formularejects.com) should remain online during this time. There may be periods of slow loading times or temporary lack of access for the whole site due to the server-intensive loads involved in this maintenance.

Image Image
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

The update has been completed successfully, and things should be running as normal from now. If you notice any problems, please post them here so I can fix them. Thanks.

Image Image
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

So the new homepage design is done, but it can't be implemented until the necessary pages to facilitate proper navigation are in place. In other words, for the new design to work, there needs to be fully functional series landing pages with a will list of seasons and links to other relevant pages - e.g. rules pages, chassis pages, etc - featured within them. If you're a series owner, take a look and update if you can please.

The following series don't have a series landing page at all, so if you run one of these, it'd be appreciated if you get something done quickly. The Championship Infobox template has been updated recently to help facilitate this.

Series pages needed
African Racing League
Pacific Endurance Series
Porsche Eurocup
Porsche NA Cup
AIACR Grand Prix Championship

Image Image
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Can I get a Wiki account? K-Apex and Mitsuoka need articles, dammit.
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Regenmeister94 wrote:Can I get a Wiki account? K-Apex and Mitsuoka need articles, dammit.

Your account has already been confirmed - and yesterday, from what I can see. Go crazy!
*But not too crazy. Everything still needs to work.

Image Image
coldcherrii

Post by coldcherrii »

Could I get a wiki account as well?
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Would it be helpful and appreciated or just kind of annoying if I expanded the shortest driver articles a bit? (You know, the ones that say "[driver] is from [country]" and then end.) The thing is, since I don't know much about the universe, they'd usually be the results in prose form and might look a bit generic. So Imani Burrell's would look roughly like (with a somewhat less condensed and less informal and run-onny tone, of course):

"Her notable career began with Anglo-Irish F4 in 2018, where she had a good run of points finishes, then a rocky bit but she got a podium, then back to the consistency, then a few podiums, and this consistency got her third place in the championship despite her zero wins. [Brief acknowledgement of the Italian F4 one-off and Grand Finale]

"For 2019, she moved up to F3, doing partial seasons in both Americas and Eurasian..."

So would something like that be a good idea?
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:Would it be helpful and appreciated or just kind of annoying if I expanded the shortest driver articles a bit? (You know, the ones that say "[driver] is from [country]" and then end.) The thing is, since I don't know much about the universe, they'd usually be the results in prose form and might look a bit generic. So Imani Burrell's would look roughly like (with a somewhat less condensed and less informal and run-onny tone, of course):

"Her notable career began with Anglo-Irish F4 in 2018, where she had a good run of points finishes, then a rocky bit but she got a podium, then back to the consistency, then a few podiums, and this consistency got her third place in the championship despite her zero wins. [Brief acknowledgement of the Italian F4 one-off and Grand Finale]

"For 2019, she moved up to F3, doing partial seasons in both Americas and Eurasian..."

That is indeed a great idea, it would add more flavour. Some people simply don't have the time to expand their wiki entries. Do go ahead, if you like. :)
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Klon wrote:
UgncreativeUsergname wrote:Would it be helpful and appreciated or just kind of annoying if I expanded the shortest driver articles a bit? (You know, the ones that say "[driver] is from [country]" and then end.) The thing is, since I don't know much about the universe, they'd usually be the results in prose form and might look a bit generic. So Imani Burrell's would look roughly like (with a somewhat less condensed and less informal and run-onny tone, of course):

That is indeed a great idea, it would add more flavour. Some people simply don't have the time to expand their wiki entries. Do go ahead, if you like. :)

I might help when I can. I'm similarly out of the loop with a lot of the canon universe, but I do know the drivers in my series at least.
#FreeGonzo
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Some people also don't have the inspiration to expand entries beyond basic things. i tried giving them a bit colour with my anime style pictures, but most profiles are indeed not very information heavy.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

I will try and see if I can help by adding info to my drivers later today.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

I have been cleaning up and expanding my wiki pages, and I have some across a slight problem- with some of the drivers I have inherited (that's how it works, right?) via the Free Agency (chiefly Pedro Poole, who I believe was previously held by Phoenix) I am lacking information, such as the date and place of birth, early career and some results. Do I just omit them, fabricate them (which would be difficult, considering I have nothing to work with besides names and nationalities) or does anyone actually have a record of these things? (I can't find anything on the wiki, forum or DEC list)
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

This Could Be You wrote:I have been cleaning up and expanding my wiki pages, and I have some across a slight problem- with some of the drivers I have inherited (that's how it works, right?) via the Free Agency (chiefly Pedro Poole, who I believe was previously held by Phoenix) I am lacking information, such as the date and place of birth, early career and some results. Do I just omit them, fabricate them (which would be difficult, considering I have nothing to work with besides names and nationalities) or does anyone actually have a record of these things? (I can't find anything on the wiki, forum or DEC list)

In this case I think the answe is that you’re free to make it up, if you can’t find any evidence on the forum. Best in mind the age limits of series they may participated in during their career though.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
BKGlover

Post by BKGlover »

Requesting an account for the wiki, please.
ShaneEyoho

Post by ShaneEyoho »

Requesting a wiki account
Woppoz

Post by Woppoz »

Hi, I think I requested my account a while ago, but forgot to post here hehe. I would like to have an account so I can create a Wiki page for my driver. Give him a bit of background etc you know :)
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

It seems the email reminders still aren't working, and the wiki is very lazy to bring up notifications that there are pending account requests.

I'll try to check pending requests more frequently now, but if you haven't gotten an account within a few days of registering, post here.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Oh it also just got into my spam folder, older account was just on an emailadress i no longer use and such so had to make a new one. You know, deadnames and such.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Stareagle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stareagle »

Requesting a Wiki account. (Have also done so on the Wiki.)
Momus1986

Post by Momus1986 »

Posting for the sake of completeness to request my wiki account, following the discussion on the Discord server earlier today.

I only just saw this thread, so apologies for doing this in the wrong order.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

We (still) have an issue with the wiki not sending out confirmation emails for new accounts, so until that is fixed I'm keeping all account requests on hold. Approving them could easily mean the temporary password you should use to log in for the first time would just vanish into cyberspace.

Once we definitely have this fixed, I'll start approving the requests. I'm sorry for the inconvenience but this is a very convoluted issue to fix, so it might still take some time.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Stareagle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stareagle »

Nuppiz wrote: 09 May 2022, 20:27 We (still) have an issue with the wiki not sending out confirmation emails for new accounts, so until that is fixed I'm keeping all account requests on hold. Approving them could easily mean the temporary password you should use to log in for the first time would just vanish into cyberspace.

Once we definitely have this fixed, I'll start approving the requests. I'm sorry for the inconvenience but this is a very convoluted issue to fix, so it might still take some time.
Thanks!
Forti
Location: The Pacific time zone, the most rejectful time zone of them all

Post by Forti »

Is the issue still there? I requested an account under my name, GT_Forti1
Aislabie wrote: Oh that's another thing, if you hang around with us it will completely reshape your perception of Mario as a character.
It would be funny if FortiWinks returned from his absence only to find out that I'm the Forti in town now.