Most Ignominious F1 Moments

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Alextrax52

Most Ignominious F1 Moments

Post by Alextrax52 »

What are some Ignominious moments in F1 History. If you're struggling i'll give some examples

Jacques Villeneuve Europe 2003: In 1997 he took his last F1 Win at the Nurburgring. Fast Foward to 2003 and he was battling the Minardi's for 18th place. Summed up his time at BAR.

Ferrari Italy 2005: As Jamie and Enoch said in their review of this race the 10th and 12th place result was symbolic of Ferrari's fall from grace that season. Michael started his last lap while Montoya was taking the win and Barrichello was lapped continuing a pointless run he was enduring. It was a far cry from the title winning parties of 02 and 04.

Are there any others?
wsrgo

Re: Most Ignominious F1 Moments

Post by wsrgo »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:What are some Ignominious moments in F1 History. If you're struggling i'll give some examples

Jacques Villeneuve Europe 2003: In 1997 he took his last F1 Win at the Nurburgring. Fast Foward to 2003 and he was battling the Minardi's for 18th place. Summed up his time at BAR.

Ferrari Italy 2005: As Jamie and Enoch said in their review of this race the 10th and 12th place result was symbolic of Ferrari's fall from grace that season. Michael started his last lap while Montoya was taking the win and Barrichello was lapped continuing a pointless run he was enduring. It was a far cry from the title winning parties of 02 and 04.

Are there any others?

The 2004 Hungarian Grand Prix. Michelin went from hero to zero in one full year..
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Michele Alboreto: Was runner-up in the championship in 1985 with Ferrari with 2 wins, and 6 podiums. By 1991, he was a back-of-the-grid no-hoper at Footwork. Failing to qualify 7 times, and only finished twice in the whole season. With a best result of 13th. 1993 was also pretty bad for him. Outclassed by Luca Badoer, DNQing 5 times, and finishing no higher than 11th.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

The whole 2000 season for Prost. Horrible car, desperated drivers, angry personnel and all the melodrama sorrounding the team.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

The entirety of the Singapore 2008 imbroglio, from start to finish. The entire affair represented human avarice and amorality at its apogee, and at the height of the crisis, very nearly destroyed whatever semblance of integrity the FIA had remaining. I recall being so disgusted by the whole episode at the time that I felt sorely tempted to turn my back on F1 altogether.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

kevinbotz wrote:The entirety of the Singapore 2008 imbroglio, from start to finish. The entire affair represented human avarice and amorality at its apogee, and at the height of the crisis, very nearly destroyed whatever semblance of integrity the FIA had remaining. I recall being so disgusted by the whole episode at the time that I felt sorely tempted to turn my back on F1 altogether.

Can someone cut and paste Bahrain into this for me.
Just For One Day...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CoopsII wrote:
kevinbotz wrote:The entirety of the Singapore 2008 imbroglio, from start to finish. The entire affair represented human avarice and amorality at its apogee, and at the height of the crisis, very nearly destroyed whatever semblance of integrity the FIA had remaining. I recall being so disgusted by the whole episode at the time that I felt sorely tempted to turn my back on F1 altogether.

Can someone cut and paste Bahrain into this for me.

Almost exactly sums up USA 2005 too...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

Spa 2021. Nuff said.