Indy Car Rejects

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Alextrax52

Re: Indy Car Rejects

Post by Alextrax52 »

Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:
Kimi-ICE wrote:Considering Milka Duno for ROTY is a no-brainer. She makes every hopeless F1 pilot look decent.

I started to watch Indycar when Milka was already out (she was banned, wasn't she?). Is she worst than Ide too?

She was put on probation in the second half of 2011 (I think it was 2011) and before that she was getting disqualified for being a mobile chicane most of the time. Considering Ide had an OK but not great time in Formula Nippon even he wouldn't have gone that slow. Imagine what it would have been like if Duno got a drive with a team powered by the hopeless Lotus kit from last year
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Kimi-ICE wrote:
Kimi-ICE wrote:Considering Milka Duno for ROTY is a no-brainer. She makes every hopeless F1 pilot look decent.

I started to watch Indycar when Milka was already out (she was banned, wasn't she?). Is she worst than Ide too?

She was put on probation in the second half of 2011 (I think it was 2011) and before that she was getting disqualified for being a mobile chicane most of the time. Considering Ide had an OK but not great time in Formula Nippon even he wouldn't have gone that slow. Imagine what it would have been like if Duno got a drive with a team powered by the hopeless Lotus kit from last year

Probably would have been the first to qualify below 200 mp/h since Chris Kniefel, an IndyCar Damn You Lucky Bastard of the 1980s known for his height (6'6" than his driving).
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

Kimi-ICE wrote:She was put on probation in the second half of 2011 (I think it was 2011) and before that she was getting disqualified for being a mobile chicane most of the time. Considering Ide had an OK but not great time in Formula Nippon even he wouldn't have gone that slow. Imagine what it would have been like if Duno got a drive with a team powered by the hopeless Lotus kit from last year

Understood. Thanks.
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Mr. Saavedra's is still reject today!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Verde wrote:Kenji Momota: Couldn't qualify a Capcom car for 1992 Indy 500. Seen crying alone after it.

I've read Street Fighter II: An Oral History and found a rare photograph of his car:

He would have qualified had Jimmy Vasser did not bump him, and the whole Capcom sponsorship was their PR stunt to promote Street Fighter II. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

FMecha wrote:
Verde wrote:Kenji Momota: Couldn't qualify a Capcom car for 1992 Indy 500. Seen crying alone after it.

I've read Street Fighter II: An Oral History and found a rare photograph of his car:

He would have qualified had Jimmy Vasser did not bump him, and the whole Capcom sponsorship was their PR stunt to promote Street Fighter II. :)

That means I can drag Ken Schrader into the IndyCar Rejects area now. Ken? He's more known for his thirty year stock car career in NASCAR and now ARCA with a pole for every year in stock car racing which means 30 poles over NASCAR's top three series. Another driver who never made it into an IndyCar race much like Kenji Momota.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

I'm amazed Marty Roth didn't get more than a passing nod in here. He most definitely was worse than Ide. Marty was really wealthy before the housing bust and despite having very little (none actually IIRC) prior experience, he self funded an IRL team back when they were a raging joke. After routinely not being able to make 110%(!!!)of pole/race time, he was asked to stay home. He refused, and had his license pull, in a desparate IRL with only 17-20 cars a race!
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Wallio wrote:I'm amazed Marty Roth didn't get more than a passing nod in here. He most definitely was worse than Ide. Marty was really wealthy before the housing bust and despite having very little (none actually IIRC) prior experience, he self funded an IRL team back when they were a raging joke. After routinely not being able to make 110%(!!!)of pole/race time, he was asked to stay home. He refused, and had his license pull, in a desparate IRL with only 17-20 cars a race!

John Andretti was little better than Marty in the Roth cars though. I think his cars were a farce team more than just Marty as a driver.
FA1L

Post by FA1L »

Wasn't Dale Coyne a little rejectful in the 80's?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

FA1L wrote:Wasn't Dale Coyne a little rejectful in the 80's?

They were the Minardi of IndyCar.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
FA1L

Post by FA1L »

Salamander wrote:
FA1L wrote:Wasn't Dale Coyne a little rejectful in the 80's?

They were the Minardi of IndyCar.
No, I don´t mean the team. I mean the founder of it. Didn´t he race in Indycar, as a driver?
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:
Wallio wrote:I'm amazed Marty Roth didn't get more than a passing nod in here. He most definitely was worse than Ide. Marty was really wealthy before the housing bust and despite having very little (none actually IIRC) prior experience, he self funded an IRL team back when they were a raging joke. After routinely not being able to make 110%(!!!)of pole/race time, he was asked to stay home. He refused, and had his license pull, in a desparate IRL with only 17-20 cars a race!

John Andretti was little better than Marty in the Roth cars though. I think his cars were a farce team more than just Marty as a driver.

True, but he still was faster than Marty by light years.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

Sorry for the resurrection and for slightly going off topic but if the thread title were to apply to teams then which ones would immediately spring to mind?

Dale Coyne would be the Minardi of Indycar Racing of course.

In my opinion, Conquest Racing would probably be the Osella with only 3 podiums in a stint that lasted from 2002-2011.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Arciero-Wells was also a long-time but not-so-successful team. They brought Toyota into the series so although their stint was much longer it could well be compared to Spirit Racing who brought Honda turbos to F1.
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

Bleu wrote: 23 Feb 2023, 19:38 Arciero-Wells was also a long-time but not-so-successful team. They brought Toyota into the series so although their stint was much longer it could well be compared to Spirit Racing who brought Honda turbos to F1.
That's a thought.