Lance Stroll
No votes
Mercedes drivers
11%

Total votes: 18

Londoner

Reject of the Race - Italy 2023

Post by Londoner »

1. The formation lap fiasco. Not casting the sport in a great light, a bit too much like amateur hour.

2. Alpine. Double Q1 knockout, never looked likely to score.

Honourable mention to Aston Martin, the first time this season they've looked genuinely poor.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Ciaran

Re: Reject of the Race - Italy 2023

Post by Ciaran »

1. LOLpine.
  2. Lance Stroll.
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Five second time penalties - penalising drivers, especially world champions, is terrible for franchise value. Best to give penalties that have no consequences and can easily be nullified.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Ducktanian

Post by Ducktanian »

Alpine - God they were absolutely nowhere this weekend. Dreadful pace.

Five Second Penalties - Both Mercedes drivers proved today that these are meaningless. Hamilton ruins Piastri's race and gets away with it. You could also merge this with Race Control for the shenanigans at the Start.
Murray Walker: "A lot of people here are really debating whether Ricardo Rosset is Formula 1 material"
Martin Brundle: "Well, it's a fairly short debate, Murray".
IceG

Post by IceG »

Not so hard...

Alpine for showing that firing their management and engineering team is not a good idea

Both Mercedes drivers for their 5 second penalties - just what?

I will go for the Mercedes drivers since I forecast Alpine for this in the predicament predictions.
RAK

Post by RAK »

Going for the Five-Second Penalties for not meaning anything in the end.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Alpine was completely lost, disastrous performance including one of only two non-finishers.
FalconCapelli

Post by FalconCapelli »

my favourite team :( lately they ve choked hard. However I also give Dorna for being the ROTR candidate
World's biggest Alpine and Chip Ganassi Racing Fan :dance:

Alt Mario Kart: Chunky Kong + Koopra Kids Kongsortium
Alt Crash Team Racing: Koala Kong + Pentacific
Copa Marlboro: Juan Carlos Elano + Elano Motorsport
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

1 Race Control/stewarding. Joint award to both of them. The Fiasco at the start, and 5 second Penalties that mean absolutely nothing. I mean for God's sake Hamilton moved across on Piastri and got away scot free.

2 Alpine. God that was painful to watch. So slow. Those engines are missing some grunt.

Hm Lance Stroll. Yes Aston Martin didn't look good but that was beyond bad. No matter who your father is surely it is harming the team being so far behind your teammate.
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I'm going with Mercedes - 2 needless 5 second penalties that they shouldn't have been allowed to get away with, particularly Hamilton and some sour grapes coming through with Hamilton's "my teammates have been better than Max's" comment and Toto saying "10 wins in a row is for Wikipedia". Yes I'm bored with Red Bull/Max dominance just as much as everyone but they really don't help themselves.

In fact the needle between them and Red Bull has actually made me root for Ferrari this past 2 seasons for all the pain!

Alpine were in trouble with engine speed and Stroll is nothing new so can't really nominate them.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
dj_vicious

Post by dj_vicious »

1. The DRS rules: The DRS was to aid a driver in overtaking. At Monza a leading driver has zero defense and has to tow a driver along lap after lap. There MUST be a limited number of deployments. Assuming no other part of the DRS rule changes, give each driver 5 deployments each at Monza. Right now this just looks silly.

2. The Mercedes drivers: Amateur hour at Team Mercedes. George overtaking in the runoff and casually 'forgetting' to give the place back. Hamilton with a sloppy drift to the right and taking out Piastri.

HM: Time penalties. I hate time penalties. We shouldn't be determining the result of the race through maths. Just make these penalties a drive through again.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

5 second time penalties: They do absolutely nothing at Monza, especially to the bigger teams, bring back the penalties from 20 years ago

Mercedes and it’s drivers: 2 pretty stupid 5 second time penalties there, Hamilton and Wolff haven’t really covered themselves in glory with their comments about Max and Red Bull either especially after another off the pace weekend and Hamilton’s collision with Piastri

HM’s

Alpine: I shouldn’t be shocked, we’ve known since Red Bull’s first dominant period with Vettel that the Renault engine is the weakest in terms of power. Even so you’d be expecting a works team to do better than a double Q1 elimination and a 15th/DNF in the race

Aston Martin: Easily their weakest weekend of the season and now down to 4th in the constructors, Even Alonso’s talent could only get them as high as 9th
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

1 & 2. Alpine
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
mario

Post by mario »

Rob Dylan wrote: 03 Sep 2023, 14:43 Five second time penalties - penalising drivers, especially world champions, is terrible for franchise value. Best to give penalties that have no consequences and can easily be nullified.
Whilst I have seen quite a few posters complain about this, it seems the complaints are mostly targeted towards the Mercedes drivers. What about the penalty that was given to Sargeant for crashing into the side of Bottas during a botched overtaking attempt? It was similarly ineffective, and Sargeant's move was pretty clumsy (he basically missed his braking point and went into the side of Bottas whilst Bottas was already partially turned into the corner).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Agreeing with the most.

1. Alpine
2. Five-second penalties

I'm letting Stroll off the hook because it was a difficult weekend for Aston Martin generally plus he missed basically all Friday practice.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

This one is actually on time! ROTR poll is now open for the next 48 hours! Get voting :dance:
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!