Sergio Perez
9%
Brad Pitt's Film
17%

Total votes: 23

TomPryce

2023 British GP ROTR

Post by TomPryce »

1) Ferrari - all runners were anonymous today. It was embarrassing.

2) Stroll. Not a good day at the office.
Remembering a Welsh sporting hero. Pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
rachel1990

Re: 2023 British GP ROTR

Post by rachel1990 »

1- Ferrari- another useless weekend- next week will be a year since they won their last race- heading more towards their 2020 car than anything else

2- Lance Stroll- Seriously bad- lucky to get away with a 5-second penalty- took Gasly out.

Hm- Sergio Perez- Went out in q1. Q1!!!! Even Bottas put up more of a fight than this

HM Aston Martin- Home race and they were poor all round
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Gotta be Ferrari for successfully being nowhere after the Safety Car, or Aston Martin for being nowhere before and after the Safety Car.

sTroll's amateur rejoin into Gasly just iced the cake.

Could honourable mention Alpine too, I suppose. Gasly was barely scraping the top 10 when Stroll deleted him from the race, whilst Ocon parked early on.
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

1. Ferrari. Sainz passed be four cars was embarrassing. I think their heads have gone down. Stand by for some sackings.
2. Alpine. Poor.
mario

Post by mario »

Spectoremg wrote: 09 Jul 2023, 16:12 1. Ferrari. Sainz passed be four cars was embarrassing. I think their heads have gone down. Stand by for some sackings.
2. Alpine. Poor.
It was another case of strange strategy calls by Ferrari - Sainz was left exposed on his hard tyres, and there was the slightly unexpected decision to call Leclerc in for medium tyres, perhaps betraying a lack of confidence in being able to get the softs to the end. Mind you, their pace before the safety car was nothing particularly special either.

I'm also tempted to suggest Alpha Tauri - they'd hoped for a big jump in performance with the new upgrade package they've brought, but by their own admission the upgrades have been pretty underwhelming in terms of performance gain.

Perez does kind of get a dishonourable mention - Red Bull had hoped for just a top six finish for him in a normal race, which isn't saying a lot given the inherent pace of his car, but that looked like a bit of a distant hope before the safety car compressed the pack and Ferrari's strategies helped him out.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Checo - Max could be leading the constructors ON HIS OWN. Guess he's lucky Max doesn't need his help like 2021!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Alpine: A double retirement in a race where only one other driver retired. Stroll was to blame for Gasly's retirement, but still a very bad weekend for them.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Our very own tommykl for suggesting that teams collude to deny Max Verstappen Grands Chelem ... when he wasn't even eligible for one in this race regardless of the FLAP. :pantano:
What Red Bull domination does to a mf.
TomPryce

Post by TomPryce »

Umm.... it is the wrong thread.
Remembering a Welsh sporting hero. Pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

Ferrari, from 4th and 5th on the grid to 9th and 10th in the race, is this really the same team who won here last year?

DHM - Lance Stroll, exceeding track limits and taking out Pierre Gasly and also Sergio Perez for his qualifying performance.
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

TomPryce wrote: 09 Jul 2023, 18:05 Umm.... it is the wrong thread.
I know, I've deleted it now.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Klon wrote: 09 Jul 2023, 17:54 Our very own tommykl for suggesting that teams collude to deny Max Verstappen Grands Chelem ... when he wasn't even eligible for one in this race regardless of the FLAP. :pantano:
What Red Bull domination does to a mf.
Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

Crowded field for ROTR this week.

Brad Pitt/Apple TV Movie- I'm already over it. The fawning is embarrassing. Once again the "pinnacle of motorsport" can't seem to act like it.

Jolyon Palmer - As I said in the 2023 season thread, what actually was he watching this weekend?

Aston Martin - Lack of development really starting to show. This is only compounded by running a one car team essentially.

But ROTR has to be:

Ferrari engine department - three failures over the weekend, and all for paying customers to boot. Yes we miss unreliability, but its no fun kicking back markers when they're down.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
RAK

Post by RAK »

1) The Brad Pitt Movie: Chalk this down to a personal distaste towards Brad Pitt to begin with - for all the films he's been in, I can't think of one where I'd consider his performance spectacular - but he's the wrong choice for a Formula One film and to be frank, I don't trust Bruckheimer to produce a film with any sort of actual compelling features or accuracy to the sport.

2) Ferrari: Scuppered their chances this weekend. Decent practice pace did not result in good pace during the race.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
Batty

Post by Batty »

Ferrari - The squabbling during qualifying (Q2) which led to Sainz passing Charles after Charles passed Sainz and then the team only mustering 3 points the whole weekend.
Ducktanian

Post by Ducktanian »

Ferrari
I dont think anyone has brought up the whole "What was Plan B again?" radio message.
Also, there was Russell's radio message about wanting to focus on the Mclarens, not the Ferrari. Which is not only kind of a disrepect towards Ferrari as a threat but also weirdly prophetic. Just to add to the pile. :P

Stroll Yeah... what was that move Lance?

Honorable Mention is Alpine as despite their nightmare weekend, Gasly's retirement was Stroll's fault
Also Perez for the Q1 exit and P6 finish despite his immortal soft tyre.
Murray Walker: "A lot of people here are really debating whether Ricardo Rosset is Formula 1 material"
Martin Brundle: "Well, it's a fairly short debate, Murray".
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Ferrari - Was very Ferrari I guess

Alpine - Not great
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Ferrari: After being Red Bull’s main challenger by a distance in Austria it was back to same old Ferrari here. Outqualified and outraced by the McLaren’s and underestimating the tire wear (Vasseur saying they were scared to push in case they wore them out) meant they were easy prey for Mercedes who themselves weren’t quite at the races either. The net result was 3 points

Lance Stroll: When the Aston Martin is off color his limitations are always exposed, at Silverstone while Alonso fought hard and salvaged 7th, Stroll was out in Q2 and making another ridiculous move this time on Gasly which rightly earned him a penalty. Both McLaren drivers will pass him in the championship mark my words.

HM: Alpine: what a dire weekend this ended up being for Alpine, The Blue and Pink machines ended up being 2 of the 3 retirements and McLaren’s storming weekend demoted them to 6th overall and on the evidence of the last 2 races that gap is only going to get wider

HM: Perez’s qualifying: Checo has never been the best of qualifiers and that stretches back to his Sauber days but even so you can’t go 5 races in a row in that Red Bull without making Q3, the worst bit is each and every one has either been on pace or an incident of his own accord. Pulling Houdini recovery acts in the race just won’t cut it anymore
Row Man Gross-Gene

Post by Row Man Gross-Gene »

How sure are we that Ferrari wasn't just out of sync and ended up disadvantaged by the safety car? They definitely shouldn't have chosen the hards when they did, especially for Leclerc, but I also just wonder how much it was circumstantial.
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

ROTR poll is now up. Ye have 48 hours to vote. Get voting! :dance:
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
FalconCapelli

Post by FalconCapelli »

Lace Stroll...
World's biggest Alpine and Chip Ganassi Racing Fan :dance:

Alt Mario Kart: Chunky Kong + Koopra Kids Kongsortium
Alt Crash Team Racing: Koala Kong + Pentacific
Copa Marlboro: Juan Carlos Elano + Elano Motorsport
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l