NEW! Formula E Special: Di Grassi and Buemi profiles!

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Ataxia
Not Important

NEW! Formula E Special: Di Grassi and Buemi profiles!

Post by Ataxia »

Hello folks,

Formula E kicks off for its third season this weekend! To commemorate the new season, I am proud to present a new profile for the website: 2015-16 FE runner-up and ex-Virgin Racing driver Lucas di Grassi!

You can find the profile here: http://gprejects.com/centrale/drivers/lucas-di-grassi

I hope you enjoy it!
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Bobby Doorknobs

Re: Formula 5 Special: Lucas di Grassi profile!

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Many of you are probably aware that I am also writing a Sébastien Buemi profile as a companion piece to this. The problem is it's quite massive in scope and I'm still not finished (word count is currently about 16,000... yeah...). I would like to think I would have it finished by the weekend, but in case I don't it will be split up into different parts, the first of which would definitely be ready before the season opens. For now, I will work flat-out to have as much done as possible.

Anyway, top job, Taxi. I haven't read the profile in full (will have to wait until I get home!), but what I've seen so far is excellent quality!
#FreeGonzo
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: Formula E Special: Lucas di Grassi profile!

Post by Ataxia »

Simtek wrote:Many of you are probably aware that I am also writing a Sébastien Buemi profile as a companion piece to this. The problem is it's quite massive in scope and I'm still not finished (word count is currently about 16,000... yeah...). I would like to think I would have it finished by the weekend, but in case I don't it will be split up into different parts, the first of which would definitely be ready before the season opens. For now, I will work flat-out to have as much done as possible.

Anyway, top job, Taxi. I haven't read the profile in full (will have to wait until I get home!), but what I've seen so far is excellent quality!

I see what you did there... ;)

I'll discuss posting suggestions with you for Buemi; I've got a couple of solutions so it's up in time. Oh, hopefully you enjoy the rest of it!
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Excellent profile! Completely forgot about his Suzuka crash. Now that I remember it, I thought at the time that was basically his seat gone for the following year.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Thank you for writing this excellent profile. :pantano:

However, that photo of the Virgin Manor and the Ferrari at Monaco's Mirabeau corner easily shows how flawed CFD simulation results will be when your starting model is too blocky: there almost doesn't seem to be a single rounded shape on the Virgin Manor, giving it aerodynamic properties that might rival a stealth fighter which has got a blocky design to avoid reflecting radar rays back to their source location.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Bobby Doorknobs

Re: Formula E Special: Di Grassi and Buemi profiles!

Disaster has been averted, and the profile has been completed (sort of) in time. Ideally it would have been published before today's race, but I suppose with Séb's win today it becomes somewhat fitting that it be published on the occasion of his victory. Anyway, this profile is a big one; at 27,000 (yes, that's the right number of zeroes!) words I do believe it's the longest ever published either here or on F1 Rejects, so it might take a while to get through!

http://gprejects.com/centrale/drivers/sebastien-buemi

Enjoy!
#FreeGonzo
dinizintheoven

Re: NEW! Formula E Special: Di Grassi and Buemi profiles!

Post by dinizintheoven »

...and it did take a while to get through (about an hour and a half with two tea breaks!) - though I deliberately left both new profiles until after I'd watched the Formula E race, which I did earlier today. Kudos for taking my approach to enormous walls of text... and it certainly ups the ante if I'm ever going to do one of these myself. At least knowing it was 27,000 words (and twice the length of the three-part Johnny Claes profile!) explains why it took so long to get through!

I wonder, who would want to read a profile of Tiff Needell? It's not as if there's a lot to say about his F1 career, though...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Bobby Doorknobs

Re: NEW! Formula 5 Special: Di Grassi and Buemi profiles!

dinizintheoven wrote:...and it certainly ups the ante if I'm ever going to do one of these myself... I wonder, who would want to read a profile of Tiff Needell? It's not as if there's a lot to say about his F1 career, though...

Is there something you'd like to add? ;)

And of course, thank you for reading!
#FreeGonzo
Waris

Post by Waris »

Buemi is a reject?? Unbelievable. I imagined he had at least three 6th places. Even Sainz isn't a reject anymore, is he?
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Waris wrote:Buemi is a reject?? Unbelievable. I imagined he had at least three 6th places. Even Sainz isn't a reject anymore, is he?

Correct. Brazil was Sainz's third 6th place finish.

Buemi has never had a top 6 finish in his career.

Speaking of Buemi and di Grassi, Mark Webber seems to think either of them would be deserving of a second crack at F1, and in Buemi's case at least, I agree. I always thought he was decent at Toro Rosso.

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

What happened to the Lucas di Grassi profile?
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Har1MAS1415 wrote: 21 Feb 2024, 22:02 What happened to the Lucas di Grassi profile?
It was removed at the request of the author a few years back, who isn't happy with the quality of the profile.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

Rob Dylan wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 08:45
Har1MAS1415 wrote: 21 Feb 2024, 22:02 What happened to the Lucas di Grassi profile?
It was removed at the request of the author a few years back, who isn't happy with the quality of the profile.
Always room for improvement.