Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race - China 2024

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Londoner

Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race - China 2024

Post by Londoner »

Well, of all the F1 races I've watched, this was certainly one of them. Nominate your IIDOTR contenders here!
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
IceG

Re: Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race - China 2024

Post by IceG »

Nothing was infinite and improbable. Despite all the safety cars and shenanigans what I posted elsewhere was correct:
IceG wrote: 18 Apr 2024, 21:44 So basically we just line up eight of the drivers from the top four teams in team/driver points order, randomly drop Alonso in somewhere, and then choose tenth from Tsunoda, Hulkenberg and Stroll?
HM to Alpine for finishing 11th and 13th.
Batty

Post by Batty »

Hulkenberg - Whenever someone of the main 5 teams mess up, he tends to get that point. Actually not only shows how good a job he's doing but also how much more improved Haas is compared to STYL.

Norris - Very well driven race and rocked the strategy.
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

I'm nominating Norris, second was the best anyone other than Verstappen could have managed today.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Definitely Lando No-Wins gets it for me - on form you'd have had him not just behind Checo but also Ferrari too and he beat all three. I did get a bit excited he might be able to remove the No-Wins tag when Max was worried about a puncture but false alarm!

HMs to The Hulk (not just for scoring for Haas but being respectably close to a Mercedes and a McLaren), and also Ocon for being close to the points in that shite-heap.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

IceG wrote: 21 Apr 2024, 09:03 Nothing was infinite and improbable. Despite all the safety cars and shenanigans what I posted elsewhere was correct:
This. We need to stop awarding IIDOTR unless it's actually deserved.
Ducktanian

Post by Ducktanian »

Has to be Norris.
In this Noah's Arc of a season even getting a podium and (where Verstappen doesnt retire) and finishing ahead of the Ferraris is a great result. But getting 2nd and managing to finish ahead of Perez aswell is worth a thumbs up.
He even got sprint pole.
Murray Walker: "A lot of people here are really debating whether Ricardo Rosset is Formula 1 material"
Martin Brundle: "Well, it's a fairly short debate, Murray".
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I actually believe there's more of a case for it here (Lando beating 3 cars you wouldn't expect him to) than at Suzuka, just for whoever happened to be 10th in the best of the rest after the top 5 teams minus Stroll arseing it up.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Norris for finishing where Perez should be.

Bernd Mayländer for putting in sn appearance, leading the race, and doing a competent job.

And Alex Albon for having a great alternative helmet design.

watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

1. Hulkenberg scoring a point for Haas is always a well deserved reward, especially since nothing else is noteworthy.
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

Enforcer wrote: 21 Apr 2024, 10:47
IceG wrote: 21 Apr 2024, 09:03 Nothing was infinite and improbable. Despite all the safety cars and shenanigans what I posted elsewhere was correct:
This. We need to stop awarding IIDOTR unless it's actually deserved.
I also echo this statement.
dj_vicious

Post by dj_vicious »

1. Fernando Alonso: He was the entertainment of the weekend and gave one of the Bulls a hard time in the race before his tires couldn't take it anymore. A strange gamble on softs, but the final stint on mediums was a dance on the edge. Oh and that save! If you asked the commentators they'd tell you at 42 he is fit for a nursing home, but he has the reactions of a cat. Alonso on race day is always magical.

(Ok I realize he clipped Sainz int he sprint, but it was an all or nothing attitude that really only hurt himself int he end).

2. Nothin' really. I was going to say Norris, but he's delivering the performance we're coming expect from him. I am unsure why he is considered by the masses of keyboard warriors on other forums as a tier below the top, because he regularly is second only to Verstappen and his superior machinery.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Hulkenberg: Another point for Haas and further strengthening his position when you read the gossip that he’s a target for Audi

Norris: I actually agree with James. I didn’t expect Norris to be Perez or the Ferrari’s this weekend and McLaren probably didn’t either as the lack of faster corners doesn’t suit them

HM: Alpine: A slight bit of progress with both cars making Q2 and Ocon finishing 11th and comfortably keeping Hamilton at bay until the Safety Car.