Spanish GP review and podcast

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Spanish GP review and podcast

Post by eytl »

Just a note to those of you waiting for our Spanish GP review and podcast.

I have written the Spanish GP review and hopefully you'll find it a good read. Brawn and Red Bull's strategic errors are discussed in some depth, as well as a few paragraphs at the end in relation to the current wrangling over the 2010 regulations. I presume it will be posted up soon, although Kuwashima has been out of town on work commitments.

Also, we are trying to do a Spanish GP podcast by Skype sometime this week if we can, although please bear with us - we are both quite busy with work commitments at present, and I am also moving house at the end of this week (including trying to renovate our new place in time) with a sick wife and child at home to cater for, so life in the Site Author and Senior Grand Prix Analyst's household at the moment has about the same level of organisation as Andrea Moda.

So thanks for your patience with us! My thanks also to all of you so far for participating so enthusiastically on this forum, and thank you to all of you who constantly read our reviews and listen to our podcasts, and then say nice things about them without us having to pay you to do so. Your support for our humble site is one important reason why we keep doing it through all our busyness and mayhem! :)
thehemogoblin

Re: Spanish GP review and podcast

Post by thehemogoblin »

eytl wrote:Just a note to those of you waiting for our Spanish GP review and podcast.

I have written the Spanish GP review and hopefully you'll find it a good read. Brawn and Red Bull's strategic errors are discussed in some depth, as well as a few paragraphs at the end in relation to the current wrangling over the 2010 regulations. I presume it will be posted up soon, although Kuwashima has been out of town on work commitments.

Also, we are trying to do a Spanish GP podcast by Skype sometime this week if we can, although please bear with us - we are both quite busy with work commitments at present, and I am also moving house at the end of this week (including trying to renovate our new place in time) with a sick wife and child at home to cater for, so life in the Site Author and Senior Grand Prix Analyst's household at the moment has about the same level of organisation as Andrea Moda.

So thanks for your patience with us! My thanks also to all of you so far for participating so enthusiastically on this forum, and thank you to all of you who constantly read our reviews and listen to our podcasts, and then say nice things about them without us having to pay you to do so. Your support for our humble site is one important reason why we keep doing it through all our busyness and mayhem! :)

Ooh. Skype. Sounds fun.

Have fun moving, man... good luck with that sick wife business too... but I didn't realize that Jamie could be sick and out of town on business, all while trying to raise your child...
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Thank you eytl for the preview. May your friends and family return to full health again quickly. And all the best for the move.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Best of luck with the move, Enoch, and best wishes to the ailing family, and here's to hope they make a stunning recovery like Takuma Sato's sixth place in Canada.

I can't speak for everyone but I can understand what happens when work gets in the way of podcasting, and that's totally okay. I seem to remember that resulting in some rather, mm, interesting names for podcasts. Spankish edition, anyone? Or perhaps Spanaco this time?

Also, what's the maximum filesize that the F1Rejects email allows me to send? I was going to send the themesong from the movie Delta Force in for when you talk about the Indianapolis 500. What relevance does the theme to Delta Force have to the Indy 500? It was the music that ABC used to open their Indy 500 broadcasts with in the late 80s and early 90s. A lot of tribute videos and Indy 500 slideshow videos on Youtube have that music playing.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

Spanish GP Review uploaded.

Podcast not possible at this point. We may be looking at a Spanaco Edition!
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

Thank you for telling us what's going on. You have worked very hard on the site and deserve some time off, though I wish the circumstances could have been better. Hope your family gets well soon, the house co-operates in your efforts to renovate it and everyone's work goes well. (At least, unlike Andrea Moda - and me for that matter - you have a good excuse for being a bit disorganised!)

The forum is great and it's easy to listen to your podcasts and read your reviews. No wonder we don't need paying to sing your praises :D
Waris

Post by Waris »

eytl wrote:Just a note to those of you waiting for our Spanish GP review and podcast.

You are an admirable man, supporting a family and still finding the time to entertain this ridiculous (but oh-so-funny) hobby! Big thumbs up to you!
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
captainhappy

Post by captainhappy »

Fine read, my maple syrup aficionado. If I could just unload this GM stock, I'd be there to purchase your latest in website merchandise!
I wake up in the morning and piss excellence