Chris Dagnall F1 Career -- 1984/????

Archive for the three above subforums
thehemogoblin

Re: My GP2 reject career - 1984/????

Post by thehemogoblin »

Phoenix wrote:This is getting more and more interested. I was thinking about forming a Chris Dagnall Fan Club. Where can we find merchandise of him?

I'm more concerned as to whether or not he'll autograph my laptop.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

thehemogoblin wrote:
Phoenix wrote:This is getting more and more interested. I was thinking about forming a Chris Dagnall Fan Club. Where can we find merchandise of him?

I want to buy a Chirs Dagnall baseball cap signed by the man himself.

And before I forget PHOENGLISH! It's "interesting" not "interested". Just thought I'ld point that out. :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Wizzie wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:

And before I forget PHOENGLISH! It's "interesting" not "interested". Just thought I'ld point that out. :lol:

Yeah, another mindless mistake. I'm not having a good week at all...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Wizzie wrote:

I wish someone would manufacture these...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

kostas22 wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
Phoenix wrote:This is getting more and more interesting. I was thinking about forming a Chris Dagnall Fan Club. Where can we find merchandise of him?

I want to buy a Chris Dagnall baseball cap signed by the man himself.

Wow, they're really well done! How much for one?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Phoenix wrote:
kostas22 wrote:I wish someone would manufacture these...

£684,388.71, a goat's leg and a USF1 toaster. But it's one of a kind ;)

Image Image
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

kostas22 wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
kostas22 wrote:I wish someone would manufacture these...

£684,388.71, a goat's leg and a USF1 toaster. But it's one of a kind ;)

Money...check...Goat's leg...check...USF1 toaster...what the heck? DAMN YOU PETER SAUBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME BACK HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

kostas22 wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

1988 - ROUND 6 - AMERICAN GP

I had a hard time setting up the car, and, adding traffic to that, friday was a disaster: I finished 25th and really close to be out of the race!! However, I wasn´t the only one having a hard time as Berger couldn´t set up a time and Capelli and Mansell didn´t go further than 21st...
The second day was a bit better but I couldn´t find the right balance and I struggled the same way as I did in Monaco. Street circuits are not being very nice to me, specially seeing where Nannini qualified!

1. Senna -- 1.15.829
2. Prost -- 1.35.884
3. Alboreto -- 1.36.462
4. Nannini -- 1.37.468
5. Piquet -- 1.37.776
6. Gugelmin -- 1.37.781
----
18. Alliot -- 1.39.487
19. Dagnall -- 1.39.585
20. Modena -- 1.39.628

RACE

I spent some time in the warm up trying to improve the setup and it paid off, but not too much!! I passed from 19th to 12th in first corner but I found De Cesaris in the middle and I crashed against his rear, ripping of my front wing and I had to stop at the end of 1st lap. In lap 8 I passed Sala and Martini left the race and I was 22nd, then Larrauri in the next lap. In lap 16 I had a hard time trying to pass Dalmas and I destroyed my front wing again! Then I went to pits and did my first pit out of two. In lap 18 I passed Larrauri again and with Gugelmin out of the game I was 16th, 27 secs behind Arnoux. By lap 28 I was 13th, having passed Johansson and with Alliot and Streiff into the pits. Then Palmer and Alboreto were out in lap 33 and Warwick in lap 39, so I was 10th, which would become 9th a lap later when Nakajima went to pits. I did my second pit-stop in lap 41 (down to 10th again) and I was 22 secs behind Boutsen. With the new tyres I started to push like a maniac as I felt that passing Boutsen I would have a small chance to score. By lap 52 Prost was out and when I was 2 secs behind Boutsen he suffered an oil leak. I was then 3 secs behind Nakajima and I pushed and passed him in lap 60 out of 63! Then everybody had trouble with the fuel consumption and almost everybody at the front went to pits, except Cheever. I was lucky enough to pass through the finish line as Senna and Berger came out of the pits, so I was one lap down instead of two, that meant I would have one extra lap to get the 6th place, which was impossible to get as Nannini was some 40 secs ahead of me, but I tried to hold Senna and Berger not to get lapped again and it actually paid of!!: Cheever left the race in last lap!! It was just in time to get the 6th place; it was just one point but one of the most rewarding in my career :)

1. Senna -- 1h46m04.864
2. Piquet -- +1.22.526
3. Berger -- +1.36.276
4. Capelli -- +1 lap
5. Nannini -- +1 lap
6. Dagnall -- +1 lap
7. Cheever -- +2 laps
8. Nakajima -- +2 laps
9. Dalmas -- +3 laps
10. Larrauri -- +3 laps
11. Boutsen -- +7 laps
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

ROUND 7 - FRANCE

The french GP is where everything started to go well in 1987 and that´s why I aprecciate it a lot. I knew this year would be harder but that doesn´t make it less special to me! Qualifying was as hard as expected and the layout of the track remarked the lack of power of the Ford engines.

1. Prost -- 1.05.390
2. Senna -- 1.05.714
3. Berger -- 1.06.093
4. Alboreto -- 1.06.300
5. Nakajima -- 1.06.792
6. Piquet -- 1.06.846
---
8. Nannini -- 1.07.260
---
10. Warwick -- 1.07.461
11. Dagnall -- 1.07.471
12. Patrese -- 1.07.925

Race

Having taken more risks regarding setup this year, I should have known that driving with the deposit full on race would make the car harder to drive. It only took me two laps to realise it: It was undriveable, and it oversteered everywhere! Despite placing the car 6th after another lightning start I spun both in lap 2 and 3 and was down to 17th!!! From there, the race was really hard and I knew it would be very difficult to score a point. I passed Alliot in lap 4 and Boutsen and De Cesaris some 10 laps later. Then I went for Boutsen and Arnoux, and helped by some retirements I was 10th in lap 28 when I made my first pit-stop. So my hopes grew; but just after that, almost every retirement came from the back of the field. I passed Gugelmin in lap 44, after a long pursuit, and only the late retirements of Nakajima and Patrese helped me climb for a final 7th position. Not a bad result given how the car handled, but certainly disappointing after running in front of Piquet in first lap.

1. Senna -- 1h35m20.964
2. Prost -- +1.518
3. Berger -- +36.148
4. Alboreto -- +1.05.916
5. Piquet -- +1 lap
6. Nannini -- +2 laps
7. Dagnall -- +2 laps
8. Patrese -- +4 laps
9. Streiff -- +4 laps
10. Johansson -- +5 laps
11. Nakajima -- +8 laps
12. Gugelmin -- +8 laps
13. Arnoux -- +8 laps

Next round is at home in Silverstone!

By the way; Chris Dagnall is willing to answer questions from his fans (if any!!!)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Aerond wrote:By the way; Chris Dagnall is willing to answer questions from his fans (if any!!!)

Yes I have one, where can I buy merchandise from the Chris Dagnall collection? I'd really like one of these please...

Image Image
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

kostas22 wrote:
Aerond wrote:By the way; Chris Dagnall is willing to answer questions from his fans (if any!!!)

Yes I have one, where can I buy merchandise from the Chris Dagnall collection? I'd really like one of these please...

At the moment, as far as I know, official Benetton merchandise can only be bought during Grand Prix weekends in the official merchandising stand.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

'Nother question: is it true that Chris Dagnall was sabotaged in all the races he failed to score points?
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Phoenix wrote:'Nother question: is it true that Chris Dagnall was sabotaged in all the races he failed to score points?

If it true that Chris Dagnall is HWNSNBM's chosen heir?
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Phoenix wrote:'Nother question: is it true that Chris Dagnall was sabotaged in all the races he failed to score points?

Chris Dagnall was given the evil eye by Nelson Piquet.

watka wrote:
If it true that Chris Dagnall is HWNSNBM's chosen heir?

Who´s HWNSNBM?
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

1988 - ROUND 8 - G.BRITAIN

I say it every year: It´s really nice to be back home! I thought I had no chance of being somewhere close to the points, but the fact is that the car had an extraordinary feeling this weekend and I became familiarised very quickly. The first day I was struggling a little bit but a small change in the rear wing allowed me to improve by almost a second!

1. Prost -- 1.00.451
2. Senna -- 1.00.481
3. Berger -- 1.00.889
4. Alboreto -- 1.01.129
5. Piquet -- 1.01.531
6. Cheever -- 1.01.696
7. Dagnall -- 1.01.856
8. Warwick -- 1.01.899
----
14. Nannini -- 1.03.152

Race: I thought I would have little chance in race with the Ford engine, but in fact I was able to end the first lap in 5th position just behind the Mclarens and Ferraris!! Everything was going fine but exiting the chicane in lap 3 the engine suddenly stalled... A really weird trouble. I was very lucky to be near the pits. I was back on track last! In lap 6 I got to pass both Minardis and Tyrrells, the in lap 7 Streiff and Dalmas. Two laps later I was already 17th and climbing very fast. So far I had passed Nannini, Johansson and Patrese by the end of lap 11 but I pushed too early at the exit of the chicane and I hit the wall, putting the end to my race. The truth is that with the lack of power, I have to take lots of risks with the setup in order to be fast and this is what happened. You cannot win if you don´t take a risk! A terrible disappointment in Silverstone again. I must be cursed at this track!

1. Senna -- 1h10m10.991
2. Piquet -- +1 lap
3. Berger -- +1 lap
4. Nakajima -- +1 lap
5. Patrese -- +2 laps
6. Gugelmin -- +2 laps
7. Cheever -- +3 laps
8. Alliot -- +3 laps
9. Warwick -- +4 laps
10. Nannini -- +4 laps

ROUND 9 - GERMANY

Qualifying:

During qualifying I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Piquet once again: On his first flying lap on Friday I spun in front of him and we tangled when I was trying to get hold of the car. He wasn´t very happy after that as he couldn´t score a time. On saturday I found him again and we touched wheels and he had another accident!! He could score a time in the end, but he tried to come to my box and strangle me. He had to envy me, as I overcame all the problems with the car and scored a 2nd place in the grid!!

1. Senna -- 1.38.471
2. Dagnall -- 1.38.894
3. Prost -- 1.38.966
4. Berger -- 1.39.399
5. Cheever -- 1.39.468
6. Piquet -- 1.39.724
---
10. Nannini -- 1.41.101

Race

I lost a place in the start to Cheever (who actually got to lead the race after making an incredible start!!!) On lap 2 I lost the 3rd place to Berger but I passed him again. I was closely following Senna and Cheever and the brazilian went a bit wide in first corner and spun at the start of lap 5. Everything was looking really fine but I suffered an Electrical problem and I had to pit. Back on track I was 13th and passed De Cesaris, Nannini, Ghinzani, Patrese and Schneider in consecutive laps! Cheever´s transmission broke when he was leading so I was 7th. Senna passed me in lap 15 after a spin and I passed Berger next lap as he pitted. That was great as I could block him while he had fresh tyres. In lap 17 I was comfortably holding him but another mistake in the 3rd chicane put an end to my race (the 4th retirement this season and all of them were accidents!!!). I was unlucky as I would have saved it in normal conditions but Martini´s Minardi was parked there and I hit his wheel! A real shame and another chance lost... Senna tried everything to pass Piquet but he couldn´t.

1. Prost -- 1h17m.38.821
2. Piquet -- +28.529
3. Senna -- +28.654
4. Berger -- +39.614
5. Nakajima -- +1 lap
6. Nannini -- +1 lap
7. Capelli -- +1 lap
8. De Cesaris -- +1 lap
9. Gugelmin -- +1 lap
10. Larrauri -- +4 laps
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I feel bad for both you and Cheever.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Aerond wrote:Who´s HWNSNBM?

:shock: An explanation is needed, QUICK!!!
HWNSNBM is THE GOD, the biggest divinity ever conceived. He began promulgating his doctrines from his Minardi in 2004 in spite of being a divinity during all his previous life. He blesses everyone, he loves everyone, as long as they don't pronounce his real name. Otherwise, a slow and painful papaya-death is the fate for those foolhardy enough to defy him. A comprehensive list of his all-time feats can be read in the HWNSNBM Facts thread on this very same forum. Nietzsche once said he was dead; he ended up eating so many papayas he became mad for the rest of his life. He also has a sharp teeth for spammers and a certain forum member who hasn't turned up here for quite a while...
A photo of the guy: Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Phoenix wrote:

HWNSNBM is THE GOD, the biggest divinity ever conceived. He began promulgating his doctrines from his Minardi in 2004 in spite of being a divinity during all his previous life. He blesses everyone, he loves everyone, as long as they don't pronounce his real name. Otherwise, a slow and painful papaya-death is the fate for those foolhardy enough to defy him. A comprehensive list of his all-time feats can be read in the HWNSNBM Facts thread on this very same forum. Nietzsche once said he was dead; he ended up eating so many papayas he became mad for the rest of his life. He also has a sharp teeth for spammers and a certain forum member who hasn't turned up here for quite a while...

His name is also unmentionable (hense He Whose Name Shall Not Be Mentioned...) and unknowable and thus also unpronounable in all human languages... (And this should probably go into the HWNSNBM thread but he deemed it not so...)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Phoenix wrote:

It was meant to be sarcastic!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Aerond wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

It was meant to be sarcastic!

Shite! Stupid written communication, it doesn't allow you to catch sarcasm! What about my speech about the guy now?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Phoenix wrote:Shite! Stupid written communication, it doesn't allow you to catch sarcasm!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony_mark

http://02d9656.netsoljsp.com/SarcMark/m ... oadhome.do
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

dr-baker wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Shite! Stupid written communication, it doesn't allow you to catch sarcasm!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony_mark

http://02d9656.netsoljsp.com/SarcMark/m ... oadhome.do

Shame keyboards don't come with those signs...
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

1988 - ROUND 10 - HUNGARY

Quali; Obviously, chances of repeating what I did last year (pole) were non-existent so everything I could do was to concentrate on beating Nannini, something I couldn´t achieve as well... Not a very inspiring performance. There were some surprises though; Senna didn´t find a clean lap in all weekend and only did 12th!!! Arrows were awful as well and Cheever did an unimpressive 24th :?

1. Prost -- 1.14.461
2. Capelli -- 1.16.061
3. Alboreto -- 1.16.107
4. Piquet -- 1.16.184
5. Berger -- 1.16.504
6. Nannini -- 1.16.545
---
9. Mansell -- 1.16.954
10. Dagnall -- 1.16.987
11. Alliot -- 1.17.470

Race

Once again I did a great start and I placed 6th. For some strange reason, Nakajima tried to pass me through the grass at first corner and instead he learnt to fly by touching my rear wheel, with no consequences for me, but a retirement for him. In Second lap Senna passed me but in lap 5 I was in the points again as Alboreto retired. I was slower than Capelli (who was 5th) so it was more a matter of keeping my position. In lap 9 I spun and Nannini passed me. I was 13 secs behind him now, a difference I managed to reduce to 2 seconds when I did my first pit (out of three) in lap 19. I passed Boutsen for 7th in lap 23 and I gained the 6th to Nannini in lap 27, when he put. In lap 33 I had to do my second stop (4 laps before planned) due to a problem with the water temperature. Luckily it was nothing and I could continue in my quest for 6th, which I got in lap 43 when Nannini hesitated to lap Alliot and gave me a small advantage enough to atempt the pass. In lap 58 I did my third pit-stop and, although in the last part of the race I was a bit slower than Nannini and Boutsen, the advantage I got in the previous ten laps made me take it easy to the end, specially having in count that Capelli was now a lap ahead of me, finally scoring a 6th as nobody left the race at the front.

1. Prost -- 1h41m28.984
2. Senna -- +16.637
3. Berger -- +1 lap
4. Piquet -- +1 lap
5. Capelli -- +1 lap
6. Dagnall -- +2 laps
7. Nannini -- +2 laps
8. Boutsen -- +2 laps
9. Warwick -- +3 laps
10. Streiff -- +4 laps
11. Johansson -- +5 laps
12. Larrauri -- +5 laps
13. Sala -- +5 laps
14. Cheever -- +5 laps

ROUND 11 - BELGIUM

Qualifying: Surprisingly to me, most of the people went for a pretty safe setup with a relative high downforce setup, so I went for the contrary in an attempt to be at the front. It didn´t go bad, but it was clear the McLarens would be miles away from everyone else in the race... At the end of the quali I decided for the middle option regarding my setup, as the Silverstone and Hockenheim races taught me to take risks... but not too many!

1. Senna -- 1.48.168
2. Prost -- 1.48.246
3. Alboreto -- 1.48.877
4. Berger -- 1.49.958
5. Nakajima -- 1.50.898
6. Warwick -- 1.50.933
7. Dagnall -- 1.50.949
8. Piquet -- 1.51.026
9. Nannini -- 1.51.439

Race: I did another great start and I was 4th after La Source. What I didn´t expect was the thing to follow: I was faster than the McLarens in straight line!! That allowed me to exit Eau Rouge fast enough to pass Berger and both Mclarens before Les Combes! I was leading the race!!!
It didn´t last long as Senna passed me in second lap before Pouhon, but I also didn´t expect the next thing: Prost couldn´t get close enough to me to try a pass, and Berger was losing time. I was in that situation until lap 15, when I did my first pit (Senna did in lap 14, keeping the lead, as he was around 2 secs per lap faster than me!). I came out 5th and 2 laps later I was 4th as Alboreto came into the pits. Another real surprise came in lap 19: Senna retired after having an accident at La Source when lapping a car :) I had my hopes for a win, but only if Prost went for a 2 pit strategy. My hopes vanished in lap 22, when both Prost and Beger stopped, making it clear they would go for one. Anyway, I got to lead the race untill Lap 27 when I did my second pit, keeping the 2nd position ahead of Berger. I was slower than Prost at that point, but faster than Berger and that meant I would keep the 2nd place if nothing happened... but, you should never take anything for granted. A small mistake made me spin in lap 38, without much consequences, but in last lap, I lost control when doing Pouhon and the car went into the gravel trap... only to get back to the track just in front of Berger!!! He tried a pass straight away but I could hold him and I finished only less than a second ahead of him. A really good reward for all the hard work which will allow me to take the last races of the season with a little bit less of pressure :)

1. Prost -- 1h24m12.667
2. Dagnall -- +36.610
3. Berger -- +37.367
4. Warwick -- +1.08.435
5. Mansell -- +1 lap
6. Cheever -- +1 lap
7. Capelli -- +1 lap
8. Gugelmin -- +1 lap
9. Schneider -- +2 laps
10. Johansson -- +2 laps
11. Alliot -- +2 laps
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Chris Dangall 1989 World Champion anyone? :D
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

You manage to make this inherently captivating, regardless of the race. I really applaud your ability to do so.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

1988 - ROUND 12 - ITALY

Quali

Not much to tell about the qualifying. Just spent the time trying to improve my times with a lowest-downforce setup. In the end Nannini went slightly faster than me, which makes a tie in quali this year between both.

1. Senna -- 1.22.211
2. Prost -- 1.22.581
3. Berger -- 1.22.910
4. Alboreto -- 1.23.374
5. Warwick -- 1.23.408
6. Nakajima -- 1.23.646
----
9. Nannini -- 1.24.695
10. Dagnall -- 1.24.724
11. Schneider -- 1.24.815

Race

I did a good start again and I was 7th at the first chicane, only to be inmediately passed by Schneider and Nakajima and leaving Cheever witouth front wing. I got to follow the two guys until Ascari, where I braked too late and ate Nakajima: Front wing off and another race I would have to climb. Nakajima felt to 25th. After the pit I was 25th and I had to move ahead quickly (although at this point I thought points were gone). In lap 3 Alliot spun and in lap 5 I passed Sala. Come in lap 10 I had passed all the slow cars and Martini and Ghinzani were out and I was 16th and with a better perspective, as I was going for just 1 pit. In lap 16 I got Patrese (who was fighting with Mansell... and Nannini) and some mayhem ocurred to cars in front as De Cesaris, Warwick, Schneider and Berger left the race in the next 2 laps. That, along with a move to Mansell and Boutsen pit-stop put me 9th in lap 19. I had then a great fight with Nannini, passing him in lap 20 and he passed me next lap again, only to leave him behind in lap 22. In the next few laps both March and Nakajima went into the pits so I was 5th at the time of my pit-stop! Out of the pits I was 8th and with a great perspective: Mansell went into the pits in lap 31 and I was definitely going to snap some points when a wheel became loose in lap 33... I got the car to the pits and I was 11th, but no hopes at all. However, thanks to the fresh tyres I started to put the best series of laps I´ve ever done and when Piquet retired and Boutsen went into the pits I thought I could make it. In lap 36 Cheever made his second pit-stop moving to 8th and I was 16 secs behind Mansell. I had to be 1 sec per lap faster in order to catch him: I made it up to 2 secs per lap! (including a loss of 4 secs when Alboreto lapped me in a less than desirable place). In lap 44 Prost retired, opening a position for points. So, by lap 47 I catched Mansell and I gave him no chance with an overtake before parabolica: I was 6th! Better yet, Nannini hadn´t been able to open a gap and I repeated the move a lap later in the same place :) Somebody up there must thought that my race was great enough as Capelli retired in last corner when he was about to score a 4th at home, which instead went for me and keep me in the fight for the 5th place in the championship with Alboreto.

1. Senna -- 1h13m18.173
2. Alboreto -- +1.04.971
3. Nakajima -- +1 lap
4. Dagnall -- +1 lap
5. Nannini -- +1 lap
6. Mansell -- +1 lap
7. Capelli -- +2 laps
8. Cheever -- +2 laps
9. Arnoux -- +3 laps
10. Sala -- +3 laps

ROUND 13 - PORTUGAL

Quali

I couldn´t find my best pace on Friday (I finished 7th): I knew I could do better after the other years here. On saturday I decided to use more downforce at the back and it paid off with a place in the second row :)

1. Prost -- 1.14.048
2. Senna -- 1.14.165
3. Berger -- 1.14.928
4. Dagnall -- 1.15.323
5. Piquet -- 1.15.366
6. Alboreto -- 1.15.489
7. Nannini -- 1.15.974

Race

As expected, all the faster cars overtook me before the first corner; but I didn´t see Piquet coming on the outside and I clashed with him, taking my front wing off: with the lack of downforce I spun and he hit me in the wheel, putting a bitter end for my race, which was the shortest of the championship. Prost won to put the title fight really tight for the last 3 races. Curiously, I´ve been having accidents with Lotus cars all along the season, so I guess it´s a team I wouldn´t be very welcomed at.

1. Prost -- 1h33.13.176
2. Berger -- +1.00.930
3. Senna -- +1 lap
4. Piquet -- +1 lap
5. Nannini -- +1 lap
6. Mansell -- +1 lap
7. Gugelmin -- +1 lap
8. Nakajima -- +2 laps
9. Boutsen -- +2 laps
10. Palmer -- +2 laps
11. Alliot -- +3 laps
12. Sala -- +3 laps
13. Dalmas -- +3 laps
14. Capelli -- +5 laps
15. Modena -- +6 laps
Waris

Post by Waris »

I don't mean to sound stupid, but where do you get all these season mods??
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Waris wrote:I don't mean to sound stupid, but where do you get all these season mods??

grandprix2.de has virtually every F1 season and quite some other sets, tbh I can't think of a racing game with more mods available
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Waris wrote:I don't mean to sound stupid, but where do you get all these season mods??

grandprix2.de and gprix2.com are the resources. However, I modify the existing modes -performance, damage and other files- to make the performances as close to reality as possible.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I don't suppose you could post the standings after each update, could you? I'd like to see how well Chris Dagnall is stacking up in the points.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:I don't suppose you could post the standings after each update, could you? I'd like to see how well Chris Dagnall is stacking up in the points.

I´ll implement this for 1989 season, if desired!
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

So, here we go with the review of the last 3 races of the 1988 season!!! It´s been an exciting end, but things don´t always finish the way they start... read on to discover it!

ROUND 14 - SPAIN

Q - The car was pretty easy to setup and the team decided to use the same setup as in Hungary. Given the performance of the team during the season the final starting pos. wasn´t a surprise, as the car was well balanced.

1. Senna -- 1.14.795
2. Prost -- 1.15.635
3. Berger -- 1.16.059
4. Alboreto -- 1.16.451
5. Nakajima -- 1.16.907
6. Piquet -- 1.16.953
7. Nannini -- 1.17.106
8. Dagnall -- 1.17.190
9. Gugelmin -- 1.17.535

Race - I did once again a great start and placed 5th after touching wheels with Piquet! Then I started a strong fight with Nakajima, who was 6th and in lap 4 I lost control of the car in the chicane and that was it. A good race in perspective ruined...

1. Senna -- 1h36m20.857
2. Prost -- +33.135
3. Nakajima -- +1 lap
4. Warwick -- +2 laps
5. Gugelmin -- +2 laps
6. Nannini -- +2 laps
7. Dalmas -- +3 laps
8. Capelli -- +4 laps
9. Martini -- +4 laps
10. Streiff -- +4 laps
11. Johansson -- +4 laps
12. Alliot -- +4 laps
13. Palmer -- +5 laps

ROUND 15 - JAPAN

Q - I wasn´t expecting much here seeing how it went last year... but I finally found a good setup to work with which both made the car easy to drive and fast enough. In the end I couldn´t do a superb time, but good enough to stay close to the points during race:

1. Senna -- 1.34.094
2. Prost -- 1.34.244
3. Berger -- 1.34.845
4. Cheever -- 1.35.762
5. Alboreto -- 1.35.878
6. Warwick -- 1.36.196
---
9. Nannini -- 1.36.957
10. Dagnall -- 1.36.963
11. De Cesaris -- 1.37.232

Race
I did again a great start and placed 7th. Cheever got in the lead after a blazing start and Warwick was 3rd, holding Prost and the Ferraris and I was lucky enough to be following that group. In lap 8 poor Cheever had to retire, giving way to Senna for the win and the WDC crown (Prost had to finish ahead of Senna in order to keep chances for Australia). In lap 9 I could get close enough to Alboreto and passed him, to get in the fight for 2nd along with Warwick, Prost and Berger. In lap 16 I was the first in the group to stop and I came out 8th, passing De Cesaris in lap 17. In lap 19 Prost went into the pits and I passed him! I also passed Berger and Alboreto when they went for their pit-stops and passed Capelli in lap 23 which placed me 3rd with Warwick 18 secs ahead, Behind, Prost started to put an incredible string of laps and was getting closer, seeing he would lose the championship. Warwick retired in lap 26 and it was Prost and me for 2nd. Exiting Degner in lap 27 he tried to place alongside me but I didn´t allow him, and he went and smashed me to the wall!!! It was the dirtiest move ever and after the race he went to the french press telling it was my fault... A disappointing attitude from a FORMER world champion. I would take my revenge... He, of course, finished second after Senna...

1. Senna -- 1h24m07.448
2. Prost -- +46.403
3. Berger -- +1.21.869
4. Alboreto -- +1.27.658
5. Nakajima -- +2 laps
6. Palmer -- +2 laps
7. Johansson -- +2 ñaps
8. Martini -- +2 laps
9. Arnoux -- +2 laps
10. Capelli -- +3 laps
11. Patrese -- +4 laps
12. Alliot -- +4 laps
13. Modena -- +4 laps
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

ROUND 16 - AUSTRALIA

I was quite incensed all weekend after the Japan incident and all my thoughts were about the lost opportunity at Suzuka and allowing me a chance to be close enough to Prost to give him a lesson... I found the correct setup towards the end of saturday qualifying and scored a lap good enough to be in top 6. Maybe, with a little bit of luck at the start...

1. Senna -- 1.14.195
2. Prost -- 1.14.531
3. Berger -- 1.14.826
4. Alboreto -- 1.15.211
5. Nakajima -- 1.15.728
6. Dagnall -- 1.15.843
7. Warwick -- 1.16.022
8. Nannini -- 1.16.189

Race:

Despite having very fast cars around, I managed to score a great start and placed 4th after the chicane... behind Prost! Towards Wakefield I got closer and passed him. I was 3rd just behind Senna and Nakajima, who did and incredible start as well :)
The others were faster than me, so Nakajima slipped away at 1 sec per lap and I could barely hold the others. Prost tried to pass me a few times up to lap 7, and then in lap 11 he got closer again and I managed to take my revenge: Towards the end of the Brabham straight we were side to side and I pushed him to the wall, pushing him enough to loose a wheel and his inmediate retirement. After Berger left as well I only had Piquet and Warwick behind. I could hold them as well (albeit losing time in trying to do so) until my first pit in lap 24. Back to the track I was 8th, which I managed to turn it a 5th in three laps after Capelli´s pit-stop and passing Mansell and Cheever. In lap 32 Warwick went into the pits and I managed to pass him but when Piquet stopped a lap later he gained the 3rd position and he was inmediately way faster, so all I could do was to fight with Warwick for 4th, although it all ended up in lap 39 with an Oil leak. A bitter end for a great season. Nakajima got his first victory! (and he got the 5th pos. in the drivers championship as well)

1. Nakajima -- 1h48m17.090
2. Mansell -- +1 lap
3. Capelli -- +1 lap
4. Cheever -- +1 lap
5. Nannini -- +1 lap
6. Boutsen -- +1 lap
7. Gugelmin -- +2 laps
8. Palmer -- +2 laps
9. Sala -- +2 laps
10. Senna -- +6 laps
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

1988 - FINAL STANDINGS

Drivers

1. Senna -- 90pt
2. Prost -- 81
3. Berger -- 43
4. Piquet -- 32
5. Nakajima -- 29
6. Alboreto -- 25
7. Dagnall -- 21
8. Nannini -- 14
9. Palmer -- 10
10. Mansell -- 10
11. Capelli -- 10
12. Warwick -- 8
13. Dalmas -- 6
14. Cheever -- 4
15. Gugelmin -- 3
16. Patrese -- 3
17. Boutsen -- 2

Constructors

1. McLaren -- 171
2. Ferrari -- 68
3. Lotus -- 61
4. Benetton -- 35
5. March -- 13
6. Tyrrell -- 12
7. Williams -- 12
8. Arrows -- 12
9. Lola -- 6
Waris

Post by Waris »

*facepalm* I somehow thought GP2 was GP4. But thanks for the links anyway. XD
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

What should I do for 1989??

IMO, the most logical thing would be to stay at Benetton for one more season, then fly to a different team and be replaced by Piquet in 1990, but I don´t know if Ferrari would be an option, instead of Mansell. Mansell had an horrific season of mechanical failures, but he finished the season in good shape, plus he´s the 1986 world champion...

What do you think?
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

join Ferrari in place of Mansell.....or go to Williams ( you seem to be on Boutsen's path)
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

If you can, go to Williams. If not, stay at Benetton.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Williams would be an option if they were faring better than Benetton, but it seems they lost the momentum without the Honda engines...