Matching the site to the forums, or vice versa?

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
UPRC

Matching the site to the forums, or vice versa?

Post by UPRC »

Not really nit picking or anythng, just a curious question spawned from an observation of mine.

Are there (or have there ever been) any plans to make the overall "atmosphere" of the forums match the site? Or vice versa? While the main page of the site is quite dark and exudes a sort of playful attitude, the forums are bright, clean, sleek, and well.. It just feels like a different community, sort of.

I don't think it's a problem or something that needs to be addressed. I just felt like asking in order to satisfy my curiousity.
BATracer GP2 Liveries
Dozens of original liveries for use with the GP2 carset.

(There's even an F1 Rejects livery!)
DemocalypseNow

Re: Matching the site to the forums, or vice versa?

Post by DemocalypseNow »

UPRC wrote:Not really nit picking or anythng, just a curious question spawned from an observation of mine.

Are there (or have there ever been) any plans to make the overall "atmosphere" of the forums match the site? Or vice versa? While the main page of the site is quite dark and exudes a sort of playful attitude, the forums are bright, clean, sleek, and well.. It just feels like a different community, sort of.

I don't think it's a problem or something that needs to be addressed. I just felt like asking in order to satisfy my curiousity.

Making phpBB layouts is very time consuming...but theoretically you could find something at least slightly similar in terms of colours in the list of templates that comes with these forums. I know how these work pretty well and if say Enoch were to make me an Administrator I could have something done in only a few minutes... :P
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

kostas22 wrote:I know how these work pretty well and if say Enoch were to make me an Administrator I could have something done in only a few minutes... :P

With the obvious consequences:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYxvVe9y5NQ
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

CarlosFerreira wrote:With the obvious consequences:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYxvVe9y5NQ

Well, as long as the forum isn't jammed, we're gonna be fine
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

The colour scheme of the site is so pretty the forum should be redesigned to match it.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Oh dear looks like there's excrement in the threads again.
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

The black and light grays along with the dark red, blue, and green of F1 Rejects website totally destroys the white and blue of the forums. I could probably give it a shot, but it would probably be a real pain in the...
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.