Villeneuve Racing

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
noisebox

Re: Villeneuve Racing

Post by noisebox »

Evidently, it seems that he is trying to distance himself from Gaddaffi (and who wouldn't want to do that?) - although I would be interested to find out who these corporate sponsors are.

This gets stranger and stranger - is this actually a Canadian plot to wind up Americans ahead of their big day in Texas in 2012? BP Villeneuve Racing, based out of Tripoli - I can see it now...
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
coops

Post by coops »

[quote="mario"] it seems that he is trying to distance himself from Gaddaffi (and who wouldn't want to do that?).[/quote]
Bin Laden F1?
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

From the sounds of things, Gaddafi Jnr. seems to be pretty respectable. His father has given up his anti-Western sentiment - he turned all Libya's weapons of mass destruction over to the UN a few years ago, surprising everyone - and he himself is apparently involved in football clubs and big business. If he were anyone other than the Colonel's son, it wouldn't be an issue.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
noisebox

Post by noisebox »

Captain Hammer wrote:If he were anyone other than the Colonel's son, it wouldn't be an issue.

err, but he is... I don't think you can distance him from his past that easily!
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
madcat

Post by madcat »

coops wrote:
mario wrote: it seems that he is trying to distance himself from Gaddaffi (and who wouldn't want to do that?).[/quote]
Bin Laden F1?

Well there was this sponsorship for Williams...

As i looked at my naked body in the mirror, i thought to myself,
"I'm going to get thrown out of Ikea any minute.".
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

madcat wrote:
coops wrote:
mario wrote: it seems that he is trying to distance himself from Gaddaffi (and who wouldn't want to do that?).[/quote]
Bin Laden F1?

I swear the only things that are not potentially dodgy on that car in that picture are the numbers and Alan Jones' name :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

noisebox wrote:err, but he is... I don't think you can distance him from his past that easily!

If Gaddafi Jnr. was simply a guy born in West Ham and had no connection to the Colonel, people wouldn't be making a big deal out of this. For all we know, Gaddafi Jnr. is nothing like his father, and tainted only by his name.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Captain Hammer wrote:
noisebox wrote:err, but he is... I don't think you can distance him from his past that easily!

If Gaddafi Jnr. was simply a guy born in West Ham and had no connection to the Colonel, people wouldn't be making a big deal out of this. For all we know, Gaddafi Jnr. is nothing like his father, and tainted only by his name.

Well, if just simply a guy born in West Ham he woudln't have had Colonel Gaddafi as a likely influence on his life, upbringing, and world outlook would he? But because he's not simply a guy and he is Colonel Gaddafi's son well... the rest fills in itself, doesn't it?
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

eagleash

Post by eagleash »

According to one report yesterday, Gaddafi Jr has been touting himself to a No. of top-line football clubs, most notably Sampdoria, booking himself (& huge entourage) into hotels & leaving a trail of unpaid bills which the local Libyan Embassies have refused to pay as they are without remit from "home".
So perhaps it is just as well that JV is apparently not going that route. Though the reject value could be hugely increased.
Last edited by eagleash on 21 Jul 2010, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
Instant Mash

Post by Instant Mash »

I'd be interested to see this... Although I don't see it happening.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

madcat wrote:
coops wrote:
Bin Laden F1?

And cropped up again on the Leyton House...
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Instant Mash

Post by Instant Mash »

WOAH HAHAHA!
Waris

Post by Waris »

Gheddafi actually played some football matches. Maybe he's trying to get a seat in the car now? :lol:

Oh man, I wish they would just let all those teams in, there would be so much reject awesome.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
coops

Post by coops »

Its a good job Dubya isnt in the White House today or we'd have the FIA offices stormed by the Green Berets (who aren't as tough as the SAS but there you have it)
-Enzo Ferrari
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

Waris wrote:Gheddafi actually played some football matches. Maybe he's trying to get a seat in the car now? :lol:

Oh man, I wish they would just let all those teams in, there would be so much reject awesome.

I'm not sure if he ever actually played - I know he signed for a couple of Serie A clubs but I don't think he ever actually played. He was apparently truly terrible, an Ali Dia type who only got signed because of the Italian penchant to suck to up to those in authority.
mario

Post by mario »

Debaser wrote:
Waris wrote:Gheddafi actually played some football matches. Maybe he's trying to get a seat in the car now? :lol:

I'm not sure if he ever actually played - I know he signed for a couple of Serie A clubs but I don't think he ever actually played. He was apparently truly terrible, an Ali Dia type who only got signed because of the Italian penchant to suck to up to those in authority.

There were also a few allegations about him being caught using performance enhancing drugs as well, which might be another reason why he hasn't actually played that much (I think that he was brought on once for token appearance, with only a few minutes on the clock). Either way, the likelihood that Gaddaffi Jr. woulddo what he has done best, and try to do a runner without paying, is quite high.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Enforcer wrote:Well, if just simply a guy born in West Ham he woudln't have had Colonel Gaddafi as a likely influence on his life, upbringing, and world outlook would he? But because he's not simply a guy and he is Colonel Gaddafi's son well... the rest fills in itself, doesn't it?

No, I mean that if everything else about him was the same except for his name, then no-one would be making a fuss about it. The Colonel might have been a bad guy (who seems to have reformed slightly), but where is it written that the apple must always fall close to the tree?

Henrique wrote:Partnership confirmed. He's really gonna do this.

I read that the same way you might read "He just put a single bullet in the chamber and spun it. He's really gonna do this."
LucaPacchiarini

Post by LucaPacchiarini »

Gheddafi Jr played ten minutes for Perugia, in a Serie A match against Juventus.
..I'm the member number 666 on this forum... I'm doomed to rejectdom
"Giovanni Lavaggi Draiver is a big, bigger than people think"
(Giancarlo Minardi, on his former driver Giovanni Lavaggi)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

LucaPacchiarini wrote:Gheddafi Jr played ten minutes for Perugia, in a Serie A match against Juventus.

And for Udinese, against Cagliari.

It's rather ironic he played against Juve considering all the backing they had from Tamoil...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
coops

Post by coops »

LucaPacchiarini wrote:Gheddafi Jr played ten minutes for Perugia, in a Serie A match against Juventus.

Does that make him a Football Reject?
-Enzo Ferrari
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

coops wrote:

Does that make him a Football Reject?

It would be almost impossible to judge how you become a reject - what are the criteria for rejectdom in football??? Admittedly if this ever came to pass Gaddafi Jr would be first in line.
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

Perugia would be a good candidate for a reject club too, as they went through a period of signing every gimmick going. And for seemingly no reason whatsoever, buying a young Jay Bothroyd.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

jackanderton wrote:Perugia would be a good candidate for a reject club too, as they went through a period of signing every gimmick going. And for seemingly no reason whatsoever, buying a young Jay Bothroyd.

I'd have Bothroyd down for reject, he was crap for Blackburn :roll:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Waris

Post by Waris »

Mention football on an F1 forum, and it turns into a football forum... :lol:
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Waris wrote:Mention football on an F1 forum, and it turns into a football forum... :lol:

Go Seahawks!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

thehemogoblin wrote:
Waris wrote:Mention football on an F1 forum, and it turns into a football forum... :lol:

Go Seahawks!

Sorry, I think you maybe misheard Waris.

She said FOOTBALL, not Handegg.

Comprende?

Image Image
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

kostas22 wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:

Go Seahawks!

Comprende?

I'm sorry, but when I have a Scotsman talking football, I can only think of:

Everybody knows Scotland lost touch with football when the NFL Europe's Scottish Claymores moved to Hamburg. Ah, 1996... Yo Murphy, Sean LaChapelle, and Scott McCready. That was a batch of wide receivers!
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

RejectSteve wrote:I'm sorry, but when I have a Scotsman talking football, I can only think of:

Don't associate me with that shite!

Image Image
Waris

Post by Waris »

kostas22 wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:

Go Seahawks!

Comprende?

Actually it's called football because it's played on foot, rather than on a horse, but whatever.
Jordan192

Post by Jordan192 »

kostas22 wrote:
RejectSteve wrote:I'm sorry, but when I have a Scotsman talking football, I can only think of:

Superleague Formula or Rangers?

Waris wrote:Actually it's called football because it's played on foot, rather than on a horse, but whatever.

I totally want to watch handball now.
I coined the term "Lewisteria". The irony is that I actually quite like Lewis Hamilton.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Jordan192 wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

Superleague Formula or Rangers?

Both!

Image Image
coops

Post by coops »

Waris wrote:Actually it's called football because it's played on foot, rather than on a horse, but whatever.

Horseball?
-Enzo Ferrari
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

coops wrote:

Horseball?

What did you say about Water Polo?
coops

Post by coops »

This forum just gets weirder. Apologies to any newbies who wished to enter into a lively discussion regarding Villeneuve Racing.

All we got is swimming horses.
-Enzo Ferrari
mario

Post by mario »

coops wrote:This forum just gets weirder. Apologies to any newbies who wished to enter into a lively discussion regarding Villeneuve Racing.

Well, I might have got used to some of the quirks on this forum, but even I have no idea why a discussion of Villeneuve Racing has now turned into a thread about swimming horses...
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

mario wrote:
coops wrote:This forum just gets weirder. Apologies to any newbies who wished to enter into a lively discussion regarding Villeneuve Racing.

Well, I might have got used to some of the quirks on this forum, but even I have no idea why a discussion of Villeneuve Racing has now turned into a thread about swimming horses...

What's the difference. They're one and the same...
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
coops

Post by coops »

Carlos could be onto something, swimming horses as a metaphor for Villeneuve Racing.

Now I dont want anybody to have a mental image of a drowning horse or anything but....
-Enzo Ferrari
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

kostas22 wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:

Go Seahawks!

Comprende?

It's soccer here too. To differentiate from the other sport that is popular that's called football.

Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

If it weren't for Carlos' and others' appreciation of my current avatar, I would have been tempted to change my avatar to the swimming horse.