The reject youtube thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
dr-baker

Re: The reject youtube thread

Post by dr-baker »

shinji wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Not F1 I know, but I was at Brands Hatch yesterday in the Paddock Hill grandstand and saw the following crash on the big screen, happening on the GP loop - nobody got hurt, miraculously... :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsca3UqysrI

Wow. And this a year after Surtees at Brands.

It nearly hit one of the marshalls.

I know. I was there then too, and as soon as I saw this, I feared the worst, but as soon as they started regularly gave updates and replays, I knew things were OK because they didn't last year...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dr-baker wrote:
shinji wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Not F1 I know, but I was at Brands Hatch yesterday in the Paddock Hill grandstand and saw the following crash on the big screen, happening on the GP loop - nobody got hurt, miraculously... :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsca3UqysrI

Wow. And this a year after Surtees at Brands.

I know. I was there then too, and as soon as I saw this, I feared the worst, but as soon as they started regularly gave updates and replays, I knew things were OK because they didn't last year...

Actually happened on lap 7 of the race, and the safety car had already been out for over half the race for this:

watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
mediocre

Post by mediocre »

shinji wrote:

Actually it nearly hit all of them.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

That is a massive shunt. Now, does blame for that accident go to Carvalho for pinching down or the guy on the inside for cutting the Sheene's where it is notoriously difficult to make a move (and arguably should have been setting up for Stirling's)? I wonder if that guy cutting the corner got a drive-through... :lol:

dr-baker wrote:Actually happened on lap 7 of the race, and the safety car had already been out for over half the race for this:

I thank you sir, as I've been trying to figure out where Dudukalo's been racing.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

RejectSteve wrote:That is a massive shunt. Now, does blame for that accident go to Carvalho for pinching down or the guy on the inside for cutting the Sheene's where it is notoriously difficult to make a move (and arguably should have been setting up for Stirling's)? I wonder if that guy cutting the corner got a drive-through... :lol:

No drive-through - the race was red-flagged and not restarted thanks to TV (Eurosport) schedules so there was basically two laps of racing only... And with Carvalho cutting the corner while being squeezed there reminds me of something that happened between a Renault driver and his predecessor at the team at the British GP...

RejectSteve wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Actually happened on lap 7 of the race, and the safety car had already been out for over half the race for this:

I thank you sir, as I've been trying to figure out where Dudukalo's been racing.

You're welcome. How come you're familiar with him? What's he done before?

Wizzie wrote:Look what I found! :o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKfoU0lJopc

Sorry for going back to the previous coversation. That is indeed a great find.
MCard LOLA
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Wizzie wrote:Look what I found! :o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKfoU0lJopc

"Effectively we can discount the Forti, and the Pacific, because they're such a long way behind."
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

RejectSteve wrote:

You're welcome. How come you're familiar with him? What's he done before?[/quote]
Dudukalo drove in the ETCC and RussianTCC a few years ago in a Sport-Garage entered Audi A4, which as far as I know, is(was?) the only team to use an Audi under Super 2000 specs.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

RejectSteve wrote:
RejectSteve wrote:

You're welcome. How come you're familiar with him? What's he done before?

Dudukalo drove in the ETCC and RussianTCC a few years ago in a Sport-Garage entered Audi A4, which as far as I know, is(was?) the only team to use an Audi under Super 2000 specs.[/quote]
So the fact that he's now in the Seat Leon Eurocup rather than WTCC is a bit of a step-down then...
MCard LOLA
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpZnE7gj0gY

James Hunt shows us his rather impressive boxing skills.
beetleman64

Post by beetleman64 »

It's not F1, but this accident from Formula Nippon is one of the silliest and most rejectful I have ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Voo_Sgzqleo
Martin Brundle for FIA president. We need someone with common sense up in the ivory tower of power.

I hope Jeoren Slaghekke gets into F1 just so I can say that I've talked to an F1 driver.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

beetleman64 wrote:It's not F1, but this accident from Formula Nippon is one of the silliest and most rejectful I have ever seen.

That was particularly silly.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Pieman

Post by Pieman »

It must have surprised the commentators - they forgot to shout "CRAASHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" :lol:

Also, as someone has already said in the comments, watch the driver of the blue car attempt to "do a Barrichello" at 30 seconds, only for his steering wheel to bounce straight back into his cockpit.
Forza Forti
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

beetleman64 wrote:It's not F1, but this accident from Formula Nippon is one of the silliest and most rejectful I have ever seen.

That was hilarious.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

AFAIK Yuji Ide is involved in that crash, driving in red/orange car who is spinning first.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Bleu wrote:AFAIK Yuji Ide is involved in that crash, driving in red/orange car who is spinning first.

Ide does it again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak1AfLW4 ... re=related
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I've discovered a way to make F1 exciting again - replace all broadcasts with archive Formula Nippon races dubbed with new commentary. Do you think anyone will notice?
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Barbazza wrote:I've discovered a way to make F1 exciting again - replace all broadcasts with archive Formula Nippon races dubbed with new commentary. Do you think anyone will notice?

We could also put "the Yudge" in the fastest car on the grid. Considering the pace of the new teams, he might qualify mid-pack. When the lights go out, the fun begins.

RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

While its not my intention to have two consecutive posts in a thread, this little gem is a smorgasbord from the best of rejectdom.

CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

RejectSteve wrote:While its not my intention to have two consecutive posts in a thread, this little gem is a smorgasbord from the best of rejectdom.

It's like somebody asked "what would a gridful of rejects look like if they were driving taxis" in the mid nineties, and voila.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
gnrpoison

Post by gnrpoison »

Found this little gem from 1991 featuring a driver who would drive for Andrea Moda being interviewed at 2:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLsFtWcPkgM
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Bruno Junquiera involved in a race incident where he lost his brakes...
MCard LOLA
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

RLeb wrote:
midgrid wrote:
kostas22 wrote:If there are any Frenchies on the forum you may well be intrested in this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEME-XwZfIA
Oh how I wish I was fluent in French now :lol:

I caught the phrases "always last", "I am the twenty-sixth" and "it isn't good with Délétraz". :lol:

I speak french, so I am going to give it a shot for ya ;)
obviously this will not have the same wording and it probobly won't rhyme.. but oh well!

I am a pilot at Pacific, A very likable team..
Always lagging behind, I am 26th..
Hugging kerbs, in my Pacific-Ford..
It does not scare me, to use those rumble strips..
I wanted to score points, but in the end I got nothing..
To tell you the truth, I don't even expect, to one day qualify!

Pacific! Yes Pacific!
We are always last! It is quite tragic!
Pacific! Yes Pacific!
We do the worst lap times. Gachot and Belmondo.
Finishing a Grand Prix, is not very easy, with Deletraz.... and Montermini!

*burp*

Lavaggi pumps in money. Thank you for the funding.
But we are still hopeless, like every other sunday!
My laptimes are super! ......10 seconds from Johnny Herbert..
I know, it's sad... but the importance is to participate!

Pacific! Yes Pacific!
Just behind the Simteks, are our own Pacifics!
Pacific! Yes Pacific!
Nothing seems to change, so, we quickly close our doors!

Hey everyone. First post! Can't wait to post some more and chat with you guys.

Thought I'd give it a shot to make this a little more...current

I am a pilot at HRT, A very likable team..
Always lagging behind, I am 24th..
Hugging kerbs, in my HRT-Cosworth..
It does not scare me, to use those rumble strips..
I wanted to score points, but in the end I got nothing..
To tell you the truth, I don't even expect, to one day qualify!

HRT! Yes HRT!
We are always last! It is quite tragic!
HRT! Yes HRT!
We do the worst lap times. Senna and Chandhok.
Finishing a Grand Prix, is not very easy, with Klein.... and Yamamoto!

*burp*

Yamamoto pumps in money. Thank you for the funding.
But we are still hopeless, like every other Sunday!
My laptimes are super! ......10 seconds from Jarno Trulli..
I know, it's sad... but the importance is to participate!

HRT! Yes HRT!
Just behind the Virgins, are our own HRTs!
HRT! Yes HRT!
Nothing seems to change, so, we quickly close our doors!
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

gnrpoison wrote:Found this little gem from 1991 featuring a driver who would drive for Andrea Moda being interviewed at 2:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLsFtWcPkgM

So, who is AdamR1987?...
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

dr-baker wrote:Bruno Junquiera involved in a race incident where he lost his brakes...

How the :shock: did Bueno survive that? Considering the massive shunts in this series, I have to ask - are these speed limited as the European Truck Racing Championship?

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

RejectSteve wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Bruno Junquiera involved in a race incident where he lost his brakes...

How the :shock: did Bueno survive that? Considering the massive shunts in this series, I have to ask - are these speed limited as the European Truck Racing Championship?

No, I think they aren't.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Phoenix wrote:
RejectSteve wrote:

No, I think they aren't.

Don't have a clue - Autosport just ran a photo of it with a brief caption recently so I did a You Tube search, et voila!
MCard LOLA
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPe0t02d ... re=related

James Hunt on great form, calling De Cesaris an idiot. Rightly so, mind you.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Pieman

Post by Pieman »

redbulljack14 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3oWoS9vDyk&playnext=1&videos=nxdLYQIkXLw

Here's a great clip from the 1990 season.

That appeared further back in the thread, but it deserves to be seen again as it is pure reject gold. It should be incorporated into the homepage of the site somehow!

I think that is possibly the only "original" footage of the Life - the only other film I can find is from Goodwood a year or two ago.
Forza Forti
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Pieman wrote:
redbulljack14 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3oWoS9vDyk&playnext=1&videos=nxdLYQIkXLw

That appeared further back in the thread, but it deserves to be seen again as it is pure reject gold. It should be incorporated into the homepage of the site somehow!

I think that is possibly the only "original" footage of the Life - the only other film I can find is from Goodwood a year or two ago.

I didn't know it was further back in the thread. The Life at Goodwood video was how I came across this reject gold. Grouillard and Moreno making it past PreQualifying was also great, although Tarquini DNPQ'd
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

The parade of terrible cars is brilliantly topped off by the guy waving the chequered flag in a manner that just screams out 'Do I HAVE to do this? We all know how rubbish this all is!'
gnrpoison

Post by gnrpoison »

Pieman wrote:

I see your clip and raise you a Life moving briefly in this video for roughly a few seconds and its not Giacomelli driving either.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjStr9VGZ9Y&feature=related

The brilliant moment occurs at the end but watch from 5 mins on to see lovely shots of the Coloni Subaru and 5.55 onwards for the holy grail of f1 rejects footage of a Life running during an f1 weekend.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

mediocre wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6iouSNh2bk&feature=related

What on earth :o

Nice.

Check out the Monaco one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taMyaJRmjR4
The tunnel bit is absolutely EPIC :D
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Wow, that was a great research job gnrpoison! I suspect the footage of the car moving slowly was not caused by the camera effect :lol:
A couple more:
-Andrea Montermini is disappointed.
-Pacific Team Lotus official launch.
gnrpoison

Post by gnrpoison »

Phoenix wrote:Wow, that was a great research job gnrpoison! I suspect the footage of the car moving slowly was not caused by the camera effect :lol:
A couple more:

Not a bad find yourself Phoenix, was quite funny how I found the vid I was watching the 1990 Osella vid that was on the prequalifying recommendations. Scrolled down the videos and saw the car as the display of a video and watched and amazed. Truly a great video as not only do you see a Coloni and a Life moving, you also see the subaru and life engines on display. I only wished that footage of every prequalifying session was available as that would be something to see.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

gnrpoison wrote:I only wished that footage of every prequalifying session was available as that would be something to see.

Well assuming Eurosport covered not only the Mexican but all the races that year, someone must have the footage out there, its just a case of getting it up onto youtube or a torrent site. Would be an incredible little piece of footage I must admit!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
gnrpoison

Post by gnrpoison »

AndreaModa wrote:
gnrpoison wrote:I only wished that footage of every prequalifying session was available as that would be something to see.

Well assuming Eurosport covered not only the Mexican but all the races that year, someone must have the footage out there, its just a case of getting it up onto youtube or a torrent site. Would be an incredible little piece of footage I must admit!

I agree as if it was full coverage we could see the laps of Coloni Subaru and Life cars lapping the infamous slow laps they had at imola and if the 1992 sesssions were available we would see Amati driving and the Andrea Moda cars running. Hopefully they are sitting in some archive unnoticed like with the pacific website last year.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

gnrpoison wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Wow, that was a great research job gnrpoison! I suspect the footage of the car moving slowly was not caused by the camera effect :lol:
A couple more:

Not a bad find yourself Phoenix, was quite funny how I found the vid I was watching the 1990 Osella vid that was on the prequalifying recommendations. Scrolled down the videos and saw the car as the display of a video and watched and amazed. Truly a great video as not only do you see a Coloni and a Life moving, you also see the subaru and life engines on display. I only wished that footage of every prequalifying session was available as that would be something to see.

Sadly, I've only found the Mexican GP prequalifying of 1990. I didn't have luck with 1989 or 1991 prequalifications so far. I'll keep trying though...
gnrpoison wrote:
I agree as if it was full coverage we could see the laps of Coloni Subaru and Life cars lapping the infamous slow laps they had at imola and if the 1992 sesssions were available we would see Amati driving and the Andrea Moda cars running. Hopefully they are sitting in some archive unnoticed like with the pacific website last year.

It's at the beginning of this video, spinning off. Best I could find :(