The worst thing you can say on winning the F1 Championship

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The worst thing you can say on winning the F1 Championship

Post by shinji »

I would like to thank OUR ALIEN OVERLORDS for this championship - 2039
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

mario wrote:It reminds me of the film that Top Gear put together about Ayrton Senna - and it is actually quite well made, with quite a large number of drivers talking about him. Of course, Brundle featured, talking about Senna's F3 years, where they were showing footage of a very scary crash between Brundle and Senna. Basically, Senna threw his car down the inside of Brundle going into a very fast right hand corner, leaving Brundle no time to react. When the two finally came to rest, it finished with Senna's car on top of Brundle's, pressing down on his shoulder and pinning him in the cockpit of his car. And, of course, there was the 1990 Japanese GP, where, at the very least, it seems that Senna did not care if Prost ended up being injured.

And yet, Brundle pointed out the time when Senna famously stopped and helped Erik Comas escape from his car in 1992 at Spa - so we have the strange dichotomy of a man prepared to risk his own life to help save someone else, and yet was also prepared to risk his life, and potentially that of Prost as well, for his own personal benefit.

That's an awful lot to say on winning the World Championship. :)
What Brundle said was that Senna would put his car in such a position that he forced you to yield or there would be an accident. He wasn't going to. This is how it was, many other drivers did the same but now the same behaviour risks a penalty.
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

"I'd like to thank Esteban Tuero for this title - ramming Tora Takagi up his backside really made my job of winning easier" - Mika Hakkinen, 1998.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
SDHammer

Post by SDHammer »

I'd like to thank my mechanics..oh and the secret overboost system I activate with my elbows.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Oh damn, I'm going to be sacked now... I'm the contractually-bound no. 2 driver...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

I'd like to thank the Tamburello corner and broken suspension. 1994
I'd like to thank Jochan Mass for not knowing how to get the f*ck out the way. 1982
If you thought I was an ass now, wait till next year! 2006
I definitely earned this championship on my own merits and not my cars. 1997
I'd like to the Bergwerk corner. 1976
I'd like to thank Ricardo Patrese. 1977
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

I was Taking a sheet: 2007
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

shinji wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
mario wrote:It reminds me of the film that Top Gear put together about Ayrton Senna - and it is actually quite well made, with quite a large number of drivers talking about him. Of course, Brundle featured, talking about Senna's F3 years, where they were showing footage of a very scary crash between Brundle and Senna. Basically, Senna threw his car down the inside of Brundle going into a very fast right hand corner, leaving Brundle no time to react. When the two finally came to rest, it finished with Senna's car on top of Brundle's, pressing down on his shoulder and pinning him in the cockpit of his car. And, of course, there was the 1990 Japanese GP, where, at the very least, it seems that Senna did not care if Prost ended up being injured.

And yet, Brundle pointed out the time when Senna famously stopped and helped Erik Comas escape from his car in 1992 at Spa - so we have the strange dichotomy of a man prepared to risk his own life to help save someone else, and yet was also prepared to risk his life, and potentially that of Prost as well, for his own personal benefit.

Senna was a man who could've done everything (except commiting murderings) to win, but what he did to Prost was mainly an act of revenge after what Prost did to him last year, as well as the decision of denying him the right to choose the side where he would start the race (he was the poleman), probably because he thought Balestre wanted Prost to win the championship. However, his rock-solid human values meant if he had to risk his live to save anyone's, he wouldn't have hesitated to do so, even if it was Prost's.

So what you're saying is, if Prost had been seriously injured in Senna's intentional crash, Senna would have gone to try and save him?

Not in that particular case, I guess, but I believe he would in any other case.
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Phoenix wrote:
shinji wrote:

So what you're saying is, if Prost had been seriously injured in Senna's intentional crash, Senna would have gone to try and save him?

I think, if say, the car had caught fire & Prost was trapped Senna would have tried to help, no doubt.

Piquet Snr gets a lot of flack but at the Brands tyre test in '85 (?) Streiff (?) crashed heavily at the bottom of Paddock & Piquet stopped in the middle of a GP length test run to help. He was actually, if I remember correctly, the first to the driver. As a side issue he got grumbled at a bit for then driving back up Paddock & into the pits via the exit.
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

eagleash wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
shinji wrote:

I think, if say, the car had caught fire & Prost was trapped Senna would have tried to help, no doubt.

Piquet Snr gets a lot of flack but at the Brands tyre test in '85 (?) Streiff (?) crashed heavily at the bottom of Paddock & Piquet stopped in the middle of a GP length test run to help. He was actually, if I remember correctly, the first to the driver. As a side issue he got grumbled at a bit for then driving back up Paddock & into the pits via the exit.

Nah, Piquet Sr. was only a bastard, not a scoundrel.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

"I'm not worrying about the Championship; I'm only thinking one race at a time."
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Just wait until you see me in CART next year...
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The worst thing you can say on winning the F1 Championsh

Post by FullMetalJack »

thehemogoblin wrote:Just wait until you see me in Superleague Formula next year...

Fixed.
Last edited by FullMetalJack on 15 Aug 2010, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Well that was easy...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Jeroen Krautmeir

Post by Jeroen Krautmeir »

Alain Prost after Monaco- "It was necessary, there was no reason to continue the race and get ourselves killed."
Alain Prost after losing to Niki Lauda- "I think Jacky Ickx should have run the Monaco race full distance so that I could win the Championship."

Stirling Moss: "What's wrong with being honest? I was keeping up the sportsmanship spirit, even though it cost me the Championship."
Mike Hawthorn: "I have to say I'm pretty grateful to Stirling." )What the hell is wrong with him? Bah, I'm a richer man, that's all I care about.

Lewis Hamilton: "Well, I decided to actually drive the car in the race, but when I realized I needed a few extra points to beat Felipe, I switched on Autopilot again."
Honourary Youngest Forum Member, Joint Mackem Of The Forum

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Phoenix wrote:[i]"Damon Hill, you're a butterhands useless. I can't believe someone can make so many silly mistakes during a season.

I've always found amazing that Hill could drive so well in '94, when he was directly thrown into a battle that he wasn't prepared for, and so bad in '95, with much more experience.

Back on topic: "Weeee aaaare the chaaaaampioooooons, weeeeeeeee aaaaaaaaaare the chaaaaaaaaampioooooooooooons" on your team radio (Fernando Alonso, 2005). Although IIRC, he actually sang that when Renault won the WCC at the final race of the season.

Also:

"Not bad for a number 2 driver" (Mark Webber on winning the 2010 championship). :lol:

"It's ridiculous to say that the team has helped me win the champion-chip (sic)" (Fernando Alonso on the same).

"It wasn't as easy as it looked" (Nigel Mansell, 1992)
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

"Alright, you won the drivers championship. Now p*** off to that second rate backmarker team"
"There's not enough left hand turns on the calendar next year so I'm off to NASCAR."
"I'd like to thank my teammate for deliberately bringing out the safety car at the best possible time for my strategy at most of the races."
This is a cool spot.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Ferrim wrote:
Phoenix wrote:[i]"Damon Hill, you're a butterhands useless. I can't believe someone can make so many silly mistakes during a season.

I've always found amazing that Hill could drive so well in '94, when he was directly thrown into a battle that he wasn't prepared for, and so bad in '95, with much more experience.

Back on topic: "Weeee aaaare the chaaaaampioooooons, weeeeeeeee aaaaaaaaaare the chaaaaaaaaampioooooooooooons" on your team radio (Fernando Alonso, 2005). Although IIRC, he actually sang that when Renault won the WCC at the final race of the season.

Also:

"Not bad for a number 2 driver" (Mark Webber on winning the 2010 championship). :lol:

"It's ridiculous to say that the team has helped me win the champion-chip (sic)" (Fernando Alonso on the same).

"It wasn't as easy as it looked" (Nigel Mansell, 1992)

I guess Hill got way too confident in 1995. In 1996 he drove quite well.
Ouch, Alonso isn't really the best singer in the world :lol:
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

ARE YOU ARSEING WELL HAPPY, YOU DISMAL, MOANING, FRENCH TWAT! That cracks me up.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

"Thanks to Romain Grosjean" - 2012
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

good_Ralf wrote:"Thanks to Romain Grosjean" - 2012

Enjoying a spot of thread archaeology there, my good sir? Every man has a hobby I suppose.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

"I couldn't have done it without my friend, Mr Coanda"
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

This reminds me of the TV Show Mock the Week and the Scene's we;d like to see round.

"You're expecting me to talk about how it feels about winning the championship. I'd much rather talk about the large sh!t I just had"
"Are you sure that car's meant to be driving itself"
"I'd like to thank the Venezuelan president for giving me enough money to bribe the FIA into allowing me to enter the championship in a tank"
"..and then on Lap 3 I saw this blue sheel and i was like NOOOOOOO but then i dodged it with a turbo boost before skidding past a banana and, oh wait you want to talk about the other championship I won?"
"Take that ya bloddy German arse"
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Now I've won the most important WEC feeder series, I'm hoping for an Audi LMP1 cockpit next year.

(of course I'm aware of the fact that mostly rejects and midfield drivers go to WEC, but still, Le Mans has almost as many F1 drivers as F1 itself.)
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

What? I'm champion? Those must have been some good f**king mushrooms.
umatbru [aka nonameyet]

Post by umatbru [aka nonameyet] »

KNEEL BEFORE YOUR MASTER! -Metal sonic after winning the F1 Championship

Long time no see Kurt Busch, my loathsome copy -Metal sonic in NASCAR

See me as I am, no longer afraid of anything! I shall become the ultimate overlord, ruling as the world's most supreme being! -Metal Sonic when embarking on his quest to become champion

Guooooo! Why! I had it all! I am the ultimate overlord, Metal Sonic! I am the real Supervillain! -Metal Sonic when losing to kurt busch in NASCAR
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Yes Frank, thanks for giving me an near unbeatable car, but now I think I'll move to Arrows! I mean, what could possibly go wrong?
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

"I'm really glad everyone was shite this year..."
"I won? Cool. I'm going home."
"I just want to say a few words to my wife...*ahem* love, I'm leaving you. You're just not a champion's wife."
"Well, there's one thing that's driven me to go as quickly as possible in the races...IBS."
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Ataxia wrote:"Well, there's one thing that's driven me to go as quickly as possible in the races...IBS."

Classic :lol:
TORA! TORA! TORA!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
Ataxia wrote:"Well, there's one thing that's driven me to go as quickly as possible in the races...IBS."

Classic :lol:

Indeed it was!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

It's a bare sick win bled

Someone put the kettle on cause I need some horlicks

"It's like I'm sleepwalking"

I'm off to see how much I can get for this trophy… on Dickinsons real deal
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Yes Frank, thanks for giving me an near unbeatable car, but now I think I'll move to Arrows! I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

I assume that you actually know that Hill had no choice but to leave Williams at the end of 1996... :?
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

"Thank god for the T/C"

:lol:
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

"I'd like to thank Will Power and his crew member for helping to make this happen" - Helio Castroneves, 2013
Trump 2016
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

"...and Id also like to thank the FIA for changing the tyre regulations mid-season in our favour. Thanks guys, ring-a-ding-ding!"
Just For One Day...
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

I'd like to thank Nelson Piquet Jr. for crashing.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Reverie Planetarian

Post by Reverie Planetarian »

(Double post, sorry)
Last edited by Reverie Planetarian on 03 Oct 2013, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
Some say he plans to put an S921 on the Goodwood 2012 run, and that he DOES know what Deletraz is doing.
All we know is...he's called Perry McCarthy!

...we'll never see an S921 at Goodwood, will we?
Reverie Planetarian

Post by Reverie Planetarian »

Some say he plans to put an S921 on the Goodwood 2012 run, and that he DOES know what Deletraz is doing.
All we know is...he's called Perry McCarthy!

...we'll never see an S921 at Goodwood, will we?