is formula one going to exist in 2010?

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
andreamodawf1

is formula one going to exist in 2010?

Post by andreamodawf1 »

do u think f1 will exist next year? apparently all the teams won't be putting an entry down for 2010. And if f1 does split, what teams will go to which series?
Captain Hammer

Re: is formula one going to exist in 2010?

Post by Captain Hammer »

The simple answer is yes. Although FOTA are united under the threat fo wtihdrwal, this actually makes things easier for the negotiations.

Until now, the FIA had to deal with no less than three factions within FOTA: firstly, the renegade teams of Toyota, Red Bull, Renault and the fourth team whose name presentl escapes me. Then there were the likes of Brawn, Williams, Force India et al, teams who exist purely for the purpose of racing; unlike Ferrari and BMW and so on, they are not manufacturers. And thirdly, there was Ferrari themselves with their legal action and technical veto, which separated them from the other renegade teams. As such, the FIA had to deal with all of them individually, which made it very messy. Now that the teams have reached an agreement and presented themselves as a single unit, it's only a two-way street instead of a four-way as it was before yesterday.

Althugh the news seems all doom and gloom at the moment, people from Nick Fry through to Bernie Ecclestone are confident that a resolution will be worked out by the end of the weekend, and failing that, certainly by the deadline for 2010 registration.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

OK, as I did with another thread, I am browsing old threads, looking to see if there is a particular thread, that I will soon have to create, and the answer to the question posed in this thread, I think, is yes. After all, we are now over two-thirds of the way through the 2010 season now! :lol:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

dr-baker wrote:OK, as I did with another thread, I am browsing old threads, looking to see if there is a particular thread, that I will soon have to create, and the answer to the question posed in this thread, I think, is yes. After all, we are now over two-thirds of the way through the 2010 season now! :lol:

You see. This is what you get if you go to a proper school in Surrey! :lol:
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I guess F1 will exist for the foreseeable future. I guess...
Mister Fungus

Post by Mister Fungus »

This new GP1 FOTA series rocks, I look forward to the next race at Estoril. I think BMW is the favorite to win although this type of circuit could fit Toyota.
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Phoenix wrote:I guess F1 will exist for the foreseeable future. I guess...

I suppose that's what they mean by "2nd guessing"... :)
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
P_Friesacher

Post by P_Friesacher »

Mister Fungus wrote:This new GP1 FOTA series rocks, I look forward to the next race at Estoril. I think BMW is the favorite to win although this type of circuit could fit Toyota.

Sorry to disappoint you - but the next race is going to be Monza, anyway. I expect one of the three Ferraris to win. Raikkonen or possibly Bertolini is my guess!
Helsinki two weeks ago was great, though. Good to see Piquet, Jr. has still got it after three winless races in Silverstone, Magny-Cours and on the Lausitzring. Shame the next race that is goint to suit his uniquely successful driving style on street circuits will be Surfers Paradise in November. Which, by the way, is also "due to host A1GP in the World Cup of Motorsport's fourth campaign in 2009/10". Looking forward to that, too!
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

eagleash wrote:

On a related take, "foreseeable future" is about 10 minutes.

dr-baker, you! :lol:
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
dr-baker, you! :lol:

I know. This thread is already now more successful since its revival than before its hiatus!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
eagleash wrote:

On a related take, "foreseeable future" is about 10 minutes.

Oh, dear! I think that's Phoenglish :?
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Yes, Formula 1 powerboat racing will exist in 2010.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

watka wrote:Yes, Formula 1 powerboat racing will exist in 2010.

:lol

MCard LOLA