Driver Rejects Championship Point System

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Il Conte Lavaggi

Driver Rejects Championship Point System

Post by Il Conte Lavaggi »

Hi at everyone from Italy.

Long time f1rejects reader, but first post in this forum.

I'd like to have your opinions about how a points system to decide te F1 Rejects Driver of the year should be structured in order to decide the rejected driver of the year for each season of F1 World Championship...

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and... how my english is? :roll:
Popi_Larrauri

Re: Driver Rejects Championship Point System

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

A firts but an amazing post and a subject that we haven't exploited at all (shame on us all). Here there are some vague ideas to support you, but it must be understood that the ROTR or ROTY is not neccessarily a driver. Can be a squad, a car, an association, a third person (ie: Max Mosley, seems to be racking up points at an astronomical rate by this days), or even an innanimate objects or a simple abstract concept. Therefore, things get a bit nasty. Add to it that cynic humor doesn't have a proper developed AI alghorithm yet...

All things considered, a system or a bunch or rules could be designed... let's say:

1 x point per destroyed nosecone.

1 x point for being defeted in Qualifying by teammate.

1 x engine detonation

1 x Stalling in the grid

2 x pilot induced pit stop chaos

5 x for not making the cut on Q1 with a decent car.

5 x destroyed car

5 x ridiculous situation

5 x for an act, use of device, or policy that means the ruin of the race, day, or event.

5 x for failing to materialize OUR unjustified (by whatsoever means) hipe (includes weather, circuit, car design, or anything else)

10 x for anti-sportive attitudes

5 x per Stupid declarations. (10 if related to lame excuses)

10 x previous pompous or arregant declarations (double them if not accomplished by far)

10 x for total misunderstanding of wheather dynamics (the "Gimme Dries" Verstappen's axiom)

15 x for well planned design of a revolutionary idea that would bring the enlighment on the papers, but fails miserably on facts

5000 x per destroying FOTA-FIA agreement and a tradition that places technology development and human expertise above everything with more than 59 years.

100 x for being involved in sadomasochistich megaparties (and not sending us VIP passes)
Winners have lots of friends, losers have good friends.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

Use the current point system for the last 8 classified drivers every race (including retirements). Also +1000 for getting ROTR, its a great idea.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Debaser wrote:Use the current point system for the last 8 classified drivers every race (including retirements). Also +1000 for getting ROTR, its a great idea.

My thoughts exactly.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

2001: Ferrari pit crew
2002: Felipe Massa
2003: Jacques Villeneuve
2004: Mark Webber, Michael Schumacher, Christian Klien
2005: Williams-BMW, Ferrari, Takuma Sato
2006: Honda, Michael Schumacher, Takuma Sato
2007: Race stewards
2008: Kimi Räikkönen, Giancarlo Fisichella

OK, there's a listing for double ROTRs of each season. I think 1000 points would probably be too much for ROTR.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

The Reject Podium is being decided upon pre-season expectations and after-season results. I think it should stay that way.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."