Rantbox

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
RAK

Re: Rantbox

Post by RAK »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Kamui Cowboycrashi deserved the ROTR in Singapore.

Agreed. He's an inconsistent, if definitely talented driver.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
coops

Post by coops »

Warren Hughes wrote:Nico Hulkenberg has done more than enough to justify his place in F1 this season. There, I said it.

Very true, and Rubens has shown he can still keep up with 'the kids' too. He will be the next driver to win for Williams, there I said that.
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I was actually cheering when Sutil's engine blew.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

redbulljack14 wrote:I was actually cheering when Sutil's engine blew.

You're dead to me.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

thehemogoblin wrote:
redbulljack14 wrote:I was actually cheering when Sutil's engine blew.

You're dead to me.

Only because it helps Williams in their battle for 6th in the Constructors Standings. I am a fan of Adrian Sutil.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

How has Massa been at Ferrari for 5 years. Swap him with Glock.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

There will never be a Brazilian F1 Champion ever again.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
RA107

Post by RA107 »

Massa keeps on going about who he does not want to be another Rubens Barrichello but Felipe isn't as good as Rubens.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

ADx_Wales wrote:There will never be a Brazilian F1 Champion ever again.

sure there will, rubens will take williams back to the top! 8-) he will win the championship in an epic battle against schumacher, michael, if it were ralf it wouldn't be epic but either absurd, and that brings me immediatly to the next point: we need more 'wtf' in formula 1!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

You can't be true great if you haven't received ROTR at least once. This is to refer every driver who has driven since the award has been in place.
coops

Post by coops »

What, like not even in fifty, seventy five years time? Any Brazillians reading this should get cracking to produce off-spring and train them in the ways of the force. Sorry, not the force, racing. Just to prove ADx_Wales wrong. You could just as easily say there will never be another French WDC and being as Rubens very nearly won last year I think thats a bit extreme.
-Enzo Ferrari
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

coops wrote:

What, like not even in fifty, seventy five years time? Any Brazillians reading this should get cracking to produce off-spring and train them in the ways of the force. Sorry, not the force, racing. Just to prove ADx_Wales wrong. You could just as easily say there will never be another French WDC and being as Rubens very nearly won last year I think thats a bit extreme.

Imagine someone in 1954 who said there would never be another Italian F1 Champion ever again.

Just more thinking out loud on my part...
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Should this prove to be the case, I'll raise another controversal issue:
I don't care about the overrated Canadian, Rubens Barrichello may be the greatest driver to never win the World title.
coops

Post by coops »

Klon wrote:I don't care about the overrated Canadian, Rubens Barrichello may be the greatest driver to never win the World title.

Klon, its your good point so hows about you having the honour of starting what will probably be a long and hotly debated thread?
-Enzo Ferrari
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

Klon wrote:

Should this prove to be the case, I'll raise another controversal issue:
I don't care about the overrated Canadian, Rubens Barrichello may be the greatest driver to never win the World title.

I'll throw in Sir Stirling Moss for starters ...
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

coops wrote:

You're assuming that F1 will last past 50 years the way F1's currently going?
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
coops

Post by coops »

ADx_Wales wrote:You're assuming that F1 will last past 50 years the way F1's currently going?

Absolutely. In may differ from todays F1 in the same way as todays F1 differs to the racing in the 50s but the lineage will still be there. Without getting too 'galaxy far, far away' about it its fascinating and exciting to imagine. To me anyway.
-Enzo Ferrari
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

RA107 wrote:Massa keeps on going about who he does not want to be another Rubens Barrichello but Felipe isn't as good as Rubens.

I know it was only one season, but Massa has come closer to winning the title than Rubens has.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Bleu wrote:You can't be true great if you haven't received ROTR at least once. This is to refer every driver who has driven since the award has been in place.

Has Nick Heidfeld ever actually won ROTR. I can't ever think of when he did.
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

Wizzie wrote:
coops wrote:

Imagine someone in 1954 who said there would never be another Italian F1 Champion ever again.

^^ This
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

redbulljack14 wrote:
Bleu wrote:You can't be true great if you haven't received ROTR at least once. This is to refer every driver who has driven since the award has been in place.

That's because Enoch never remembered him.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

redbulljack14 wrote:

Well I'm not sure if he's a "true great", but anyway, Europe '06
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

So Jenson must be truly great, being a twice-ROTY winner and WDC. ROTY is greater than a ROTR, isn't it?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

dr-baker wrote:

So Jenson must be truly great, being a twice-ROTY winner and WDC. ROTY is greater than a ROTR, isn't it?

Define "greater."
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

thehemogoblin wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Define "greater."

"Greater" - Better; more worthy of respect.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

What about Kubica? IIRC, he's never been given ROTR.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

@Salamander: He was part of the collective ROTR in Canada 2007

Regarding the "strange form" of the US circuit we should give it the Fan Nickname of Duff Beer Krusty Burger Buzz Cola Costington's Department Store Kwik-E-Mart Stupid Flanders Park (DBKBBCCDSKEMSFP). :D
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Klon wrote:@Salamander: He was part of the collective ROTR in Canada 2007

Ah. Forgot about that.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
Klon wrote:@Salamander: He was part of the collective ROTR in Canada 2007

Ah. Forgot about that.

I thought he wasnt part of that award either. I know Hamilton, Heidfeld and Wurz didnt get the award but Kubica didn't make a mistake either really did he.
Frentzen127

Post by Frentzen127 »

Nope, he was too busy writing off his car.
DEPORTIVO CA... pfft hahaha can't say that with a straight face!
Misses Minardi dearly. :(
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Klon wrote:Regarding the "strange form" of the US circuit we should give it the Fan Nickname of Duff Beer Krusty Burger Buzz Cola Costington's Department Store Kwik-E-Mart Stupid Flanders Park (DBKBBCCDSKEMSFP). :D

Where's the like button? What? This isn't Facebook? D'oh!
MCard LOLA
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Bernie always introduces himself with "Pleased to meet you. Hope you guess my name".
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Bernie always introduces himself with "Pleased to meet you. Hope you guess my name".

I approve of the Rolling Stones referance :D (It's probably my favourite Stones song of all time.)
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Curse Virgin and McLaren - if it weren't for them each team in F1 would race under a different flag, a true world championship.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Klon wrote:Curse Virgin and McLaren - if it weren't for them each team in F1 would race under a different flag, a true world championship.

Erm Williams too? ;)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AndreaModa wrote:
Klon wrote:Curse Virgin and McLaren - if it weren't for them each team in F1 would race under a different flag, a true world championship.

Erm Williams too? ;)

Erm, Toro Rosso alongside either RedBull or Ferrari?
MCard LOLA
coops

Post by coops »

Klon wrote:each team in F1 would race under a different flag, a true world championship.

We've had that. It didnt live up to expectations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A1_Grand_Prix
-Enzo Ferrari
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

coops wrote:
Klon wrote:each team in F1 would race under a different flag, a true world championship.

We've had that. It didnt live up to expectations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A1_Grand_Prix

It lived up to my expectations. Its problem is that it didn't meet the expectations of its investors (i.e. didn't make a profit quickly enough).
MCard LOLA
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

What spoilt that series was the "team" aspect, season 1 was won by France, or should I say DAMS who ran 4 nations cars (France, Switzerland, Mexico and Portugual), and their cars were always in the points, then the 2 cars per "Team" rule kicked in for the second season and it did not make much of a difference, Germany (Hulkenberg) and New Zeland finished 1st and 2nd in the second season, both run by David Sears team.

What then ruined it was the Ferrari afiliation. Expecting the 360 engine from the GT2 cars to be in each of the 2004 F1 lookalike, they ended up with the Road going 360 engine, which meant the car was SLOWER than the Lola-Zytek from the first 3 seasons.... that and the drivers were awful (Team GB, DAN CLARKE, I rest my case).
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Wizzie wrote:
coops wrote:

I think we can agree that there wont be another one of them either...