Post by coops »

In my opinion, this is bad news.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns22722.html
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
Waris

Re: "TEAM LOTUS" will come back !

Post by Waris »

Oh nooooo... I hope this whole thing won't get out of hand... well, that is, if it isn't already!
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

One solution I have seen proposed (& perhaps quite a good one) would be for one party to buy out the other Co. thus merging the two Lotus arms which have been separated for about 50 years.
Can't see Fernandes wanting to give up his independence & whether he would pay (assuming he could afford it) Proton's asking price for Group Lotus is unknown. There is also the question of disparate entries in other categories.
There is apparently a judgement due shortly on whether David Hunt has the right to sell the Team Lotus name after which it's down to Malaysian lawyers to sort out who owns what.
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
coops

Post by coops »

What a mess. And what a shame as it could potentially disrupt the progress of this ever-improving team.
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

It has also been reported today, but not confirmed, that an agreement has been signed in respect of Renault engine supply for 2011. The official announcement being delayed until Brazil, in order that Renault top brass attend.
Thus Fernandes seems to be proceeding with a degree of confidence.
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

eagleash wrote:It has also been reported today, but not confirmed, that an agreement has been signed in respect of Renault engine supply for 2011. The official announcement being delayed until Brazil, in order that Renault top brass attend.

'xactly. The Autosport piece on the deal mentioned Renault wouldn't sign up to sell the hot stuff until the Lotus versus Lotus issue was on its way to being solved - so theoretically, it should be about sorted.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
eagleash wrote:It has also been reported today, but not confirmed, that an agreement has been signed in respect of Renault engine supply for 2011. The official announcement being delayed until Brazil, in order that Renault top brass attend.

'xactly. The Autosport piece on the deal mentioned Renault wouldn't sign up to sell the hot stuff until the Lotus versus Lotus issue was on its way to being solved - so theoretically, it should be about sorted.

Possibly... :o
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Let's hope they can eventually keep the Lotus name. It brings back so many memories...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Phoenix wrote:Let's hope they can eventually keep the Lotus name. It brings back so many memories...

Particularly if Senna's in the car?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Slightly unrelated to the name issues, and I didn't think it warranted a new thread all of it's own, so here's some news from the F1 site about Lotus' new wind tunnel plans as it expands it's base at Hingham.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2010/10/11426.html

Along with Wirth Research's move to bigger premises in Banbury (Yay! :D ) this announcement shows just how much more established both Lotus and Virgin now are with a season of racing under their belts. I'm not holding my breath on a similar announcement from HRT just yet! :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Right now they look like.... they were from 1994. Terrible at all ways possible.

Predictions for next year? ...1993. Usually off the pace but somehow manages to score decently. Engines do not make a car, and even if it might be good, it still might fail. A good example is what happened at the otherwise uneventful (thanks a bathplug lot, marshalls :evil:) Korean GP.

AndreaModa wrote:Along with Wirth Research's move to bigger premises in Banbury (Yay! :D ) this announcement shows just how much more established both Lotus and Virgin now are with a season of racing under their belts. I'm not holding my breath on a similar announcement from HRT just yet! :lol:

Hmm... I doubt HRT will make the grid next year. Good call on not making another thread, since it's an easy subject that can be solved easily, as I just mentioned.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM