German Grand Prix discussion

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Enrique Bernoldi

Re: German Grand Prix discussion

Post by Enrique Bernoldi »

I just can't tell you how annoyed I am that Raikkonen nerfed into Sutils car today :evil: . Not only could he have got 4th place, because he was running ahead of Rosberg, but he would have escaped reject status! What does this lad have to do to score a point :(.
Supporting the guys at the back since 1999. :)
Waris

Post by Waris »

Enrique Bernoldi wrote:I just can't tell you how annoyed I am that Raikkonen nerfed into Sutils car today :evil: . Not only could he have got 4th place, because he was running ahead of Rosberg, but he would have escaped reject status! What does this lad have to do to score a point :(.

To me, it seems nearly impossible that one man can have that much bad luck. And Force India are double unlucky, since Fisichella isn't exactly the luckiest man alive either. I don't want Sutil to become the next Chris Amon (of rejects?)... :cry:

Also:
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK WEBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER~~~~~~~!!!

Well done mate! Oh, I can't wait for the German GP edition of the Podcast! Jamie and Enoch will be over the moon! :lol: :lol: And deservedly so! :lol:

Hmmm... I wonder what Red Bull mixed with champagne tastes like? :mrgreen:
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
RAK

Post by RAK »

Enrique Bernoldi wrote:I just can't tell you how annoyed I am that Raikkonen nerfed into Sutils car today :evil: . Not only could he have got 4th place, because he was running ahead of Rosberg, but he would have escaped reject status! What does this lad have to do to score a point :(.

Well, he has already scored a point for Spyker, apparently, coming eighth in Japan in 2007. It doesn't do a thing to change his eligibility to reject status, but it's there on his record.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
Enrique Bernoldi

Post by Enrique Bernoldi »

RAK wrote:

Well, he has already scored a point for Spyker, apparently, coming eighth in Japan in 2007. It doesn't do a thing to change his eligibility to reject status, but it's there on his record.

Yeah but since then, every chance he's had to score points he's had some really poor luck :( Raikkonnen in Monaco, Aquaplaning in China, and Raikkonnen again today.
Supporting the guys at the back since 1999. :)
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

Absolutely gutted for Sutil who should have 2 points finishes this season and put some clear air between him and Fisi.

It's the best showing in the dry for Force India, so despite the bad fortune, they must be confident of a points finish or two between now and the rest of the season.

Heh, I noticed Fisi nearly pranging it on the last corner trying to stave off Nakajima for 11th.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

Rubens Barrichello on what went wrong: "I guess the strategy... it was a good show from the team on how to lose a race today. I'm terribly upset with the way things went. I did all I had to do. I went first on the first corner and then they made me lose the race. If it is really what's going on, we're going to end up losing both championships. I feel sorry for myself, the team. To be very honest, I wish I could get on the plane and go home. I don't want to talk to anyone in the team. It will be all 'bla bla bla' and I don't want to hear that."

He's happy isn't he...
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

I don't want to be too unfair with Barrichello (just a bit :twisted: ), but he sounds more and more like a sore looser. Did anyone else notice that Button, despite tyre temperature problems, kept up with him easily, despite having to weave about in the straights to keep the tyres warm? And that, in only a lap, gained enough advantage to leave the pits well clear of Barrichello. Rubens is now 4th in the Championship, behind Button, Vettel and Webber. Maybe that's the reason?

I have a feeling Brawn is increasingly having to risk it all in silly strategies to keep up close to the Red Bulls. The car seems simply not fast enough, although the fact that the race was run in a cold track probably hurt them more than anyone else.

Great races by Rosberg, Sutil and Fisichella, poor showing by the Toyotas and BMWs - both running at home. Again, I don't remember seeing Kubica anywhere.

And what the hell was Hamilton thinking - again?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

I really don't believe that the Räikkönen-Sutil crash was to blame on the other driver. Räikkönen was on the racing line, overtaking Sutil from the outside. Sutil had just came out of the pits and had cold tires. When he braked, the car didn't have as much of traction as before, and hit Räikkönen who had a clean racing line. Hey, I would have wanted to see Sutil up high too, but I'm not blaming Räikkönen for that crash. It was a pure accident and really no-one's fault.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Nuppiz wrote:I really don't believe that the Räikkönen-Sutil crash was to blame on the other driver. Räikkönen was on the racing line, overtaking Sutil from the outside. Sutil had just came out of the pits and had cold tires. When he braked, the car didn't have as much of traction as before, and hit Räikkönen who had a clean racing line. Hey, I would have wanted to see Sutil up high too, but I'm not blaming Räikkönen for that crash. It was a pure accident and really no-one's fault.

That's probably fair enough. Still...
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Jack O Malley

Post by Jack O Malley »

Nuppiz wrote:I really don't believe that the Räikkönen-Sutil crash was to blame on the other driver. Räikkönen was on the racing line, overtaking Sutil from the outside. Sutil had just came out of the pits and had cold tires. When he braked, the car didn't have as much of traction as before, and hit Räikkönen who had a clean racing line. Hey, I would have wanted to see Sutil up high too, but I'm not blaming Räikkönen for that crash. It was a pure accident and really no-one's fault.

I agree. But I slammed my fists on the table when I saw that :cry:
Sorry guys, I had a little outing.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Jack O Malley wrote:I agree. But I slammed my fists on the table when I saw that :cry:

Yes - I did that too for two reasons: another accident for Räikkönen and another time when Sutil lost a points-scoring position after colliding with Räikkönen. If that crash hadn't taken place, I would have been very happy for both having a Finn and Sutil on the points at the same time. I'm really starting to feel utmost symphaties for Sutil for being that unlucky, colliding with the same driver again when battling for the same position again. :(
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

Well done to Australia's Mark Webber. A shame Germany's Adrian Sutil couldn't score some points, and are things falling apart for Britain's Brawn GP?
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Paul Hayes wrote:Well done to Australia's Mark Webber. A shame Germany's Adrian Sutil couldn't score some points, and are things falling apart for Britain's Brawn GP?

I expect India's Indian Hackers will cause all sorts of mayhem on Kimi's site this week.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

Just remembered Webber gave Hamilton a pucture at the 1st corner-that's pleased the Aussies even more.
noisebox

Post by noisebox »

Firstly I'd like to add mt congratulations to Webber for his first (and long overdue victory) I hope there are many more to follow.

Secondly - this has been a remarkable race in that only Hamilton was lapped - not one car was lapped on pace alone and there were no safety cars to bunch the field, I'm sure that has never happened before.
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Sutil got screwed. Bad.
Irisado

Post by Irisado »

A better race than most of the events this year, but it still could have done with some rain.

I won't make my usual complaint about excessive reliability on this occasion, as the Nurburgring has never traditionally been a car breaker, in part due to the low temperatures, so I'm actually amazed that anybody broke down at all.

While the collision between Sutil and Raikkonen was just one of those things, Sutil lost a lot more than Raikkonen did, in the sense that Force India don't have regular chances to score points and Ferrari do, and I really do wish Raikkonen would just stop racing, as he is so demotivated. If I were a member of the Ferrari team, I would be depressed as a result of having to work with him, and if they ever want to win the championship again, they need to replace Raikkonen in my opinion.

Congratulations to Mark Webber on winning his first Grand Prix, even if his manoeuvre at the start was a bit too reminiscent of Schumacher's dodgy blocking tactics on the run down to the first corner. The penalty was surprising in the sense that Schumacher did that sort of thing (and worse, as he sometimes drove his rivals towards the pit wall or grass - just ask Fernando Alonso), and got away with it for years, but that was when Ferrari has their 'special deal' with the FIA that nobody knew anything about at the time, so I shouldn't be surprised I suppose.

Barrichello didn't mince his words did he? While his candour was refreshing, I have a feeling he is probably regretting having been so forthright today.....

If body language is anything to go by, then it was also notable for being Bourdais's last Grand Prix. He hasn't been impressive this year, but I was a little surprised to see him go before Piquet.
My favourite teams: Minardi, Forti, Osella

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente
Jack O Malley

Post by Jack O Malley »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
Paul Hayes wrote:Well done to Australia's Mark Webber. A shame Germany's Adrian Sutil couldn't score some points, and are things falling apart for Britain's Brawn GP?

I expect India's Indian Hackers will cause all sorts of mayhem on Kimi's site this week.

:lol:
Sorry guys, I had a little outing.
Dane

Post by Dane »

Hi All,

Running a bit late here after being severely hung over for the last week and a half. A great win for Mark and very pleasing for all of his long suffering fans. It was quite a party for us.

Thanks for the mention in the podcast boys. Remember its not too late to get on the Webber Wagon and join the Mark Webber Supporters Club http://www.webber-racing.co.uk

I tell you one thing, if we can carry forward this sort of Red Bull dominance my grand collection of Mark Webber Items that presently takes up two rooms stacked high is going to make me a millionaire. Well that of course would be if I could bear to part with any of it on Ebay :?

Regards,
Dane