LOTUS IN BLACK AND GOLD FROM NEXT YEAR ON!!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
JohnMLTX

LOTUS IN BLACK AND GOLD FROM NEXT YEAR ON!!

Post by JohnMLTX »

OHMYGOD

gentlemen, lotus in black and gold, indefinately.

there is a god.
ibsey wrote:Things happen in my underwear, every time I hear those Ferrari's.
gnrpoison

Re: LOTUS IN BLACK AND GOLD FROM NEXT YEAR ON!!

Post by gnrpoison »

Some brilliant news, can the FIA give them 11 and 12 to make it even more special.
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

Great news. Their spirit is the reason they're my favorite of the three newbie teams.
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

Is there any place I can donate money to the team, because they've just earned my sponsorship.
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

You should wait until everything is settled :)
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D We should make all the teams go back to their 1980's liveries!
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

(cue car coming out of garage)

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the preceding message was cut off, that was not my fault.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

As a NASCAR fan, this is great news to me, because my favorite car when I was growing up was Rusty Wallace's black and yellow Miller Genuine Draft car, which explains why I liked the JPS Lotus when I first saw it.

So, hurrah! Decent liveries are back!

tristan1117 wrote:YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D We should make all the teams go back to their 1980's liveries!

Personally I prefer Renault's current Killer Bee livery over their 1980s one. I didn't like the Canon Williams livery, but I did like the Rothman's Williams livery. Also, can we PLEASE not bring back the Marlboro livery for McLaren just to avoid all the idiots from making more Hamilton-Senna comparisons? Let Hamilton and Senna be their own men -- out of respect to both of them.

But going back to 1980s liveries... with a team like HRT that didn't exist in the 1980s, would that mean a transparent livery? O_o
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

Cynon wrote:Also, can we PLEASE not bring back the Marlboro livery for McLaren just to avoid all the idiots from making more Hamilton-Senna comparisons? Let Hamilton and Senna be their own men -- out of respect to both of them.

Hey, Cynon, surely you realise that only Italian teams are allowed to have cigarette sponsorship these days? (Ferrari F1 and Ducati MotoGP) ...
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Cynon wrote:But going back to 1980s liveries... with a team like HRT that didn't exist in the 1980s, would that mean a transparent livery? O_o

They would borrow Eurobrun or Coloni
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Aerond wrote:
Cynon wrote:But going back to 1980s liveries... with a team like HRT that didn't exist in the 1980s, would that mean a transparent livery? O_o

They would borrow Eurobrun or Coloni

Or AGS. Or Spirit. Or Rial. Or LIFE!

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

YOU DON'T HAVE TO SCREAM AND SHOUT ON A FORUM!!! TURN THE CAPS LOCK OFF BEFORE MY EYES BLEED
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

As time goes on, my liking of the Mild Seven Benetton liveries increases. Particularly these where the blue color was more dominant. That's probably because I use to love that kind of blue, which means I'm quite happy with the current layout of the forum. :D
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I know it's not quite the 1980s (but almost!), but the thought of a 7UP Force India conjures up some rather nice images!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
XurizManson

Post by XurizManson »

Ferrim wrote:As time goes on, my liking of the Mild Seven Benetton liveries increases. Particularly these where the blue color was more dominant. That's probably because I use to love that kind of blue, which means I'm quite happy with the current layout of the forum. :D

Blue for blue, i like to remember Gugelmin´s March.
Pieman

Post by Pieman »

Great news - on the back of this, here are the liveries I would like to see...

McLaren - orange, like Bruce's cars originally were, with silver trim.
Mercedes - perfect as it is now, or maybe without the Petronas sea-green.
Red Bull - OK as it is, but with more white in a nod to Stewart from whom they derived.
Ferrari - current livery with less white bits.
Williams - Blue and white with red and gold trim a la Rothmans (ie. 1995-96).
Renault - I like their current livery, reminds me of the original 1977 car.
Force India - I would say a return to Jordan yellow, but that would clash with Renault. Their current livery is OK but extend the orange sides a bit, just so it resembles the Coloni-Subaru.
Toro Rosso - rename them Minardi and paint them black, yellow and white!
Lotus - black and gold.
Virgin - either keep the current one or paint them black and purple in the style of Simtek.
Sauber - black or very dark blue with white wings.
HRT - 1995 Pacific livery.
Forza Forti
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

madmark1974 wrote:
Cynon wrote:Also, can we PLEASE not bring back the Marlboro livery for McLaren just to avoid all the idiots from making more Hamilton-Senna comparisons? Let Hamilton and Senna be their own men -- out of respect to both of them.

Hey, Cynon, surely you realise that only Italian teams are allowed to have cigarette sponsorship these days? (Ferrari F1 and Ducati MotoGP) ...

Or apparently Lotus too, with the Black & Gold, John Player Special livery, when the cars were officially known as JPS Ford (or Cosworth). That & the Gold Leaf Team Lotus is when a car looked the most like a mobile fag packet.

It is a classic livery though. Chapman, with an eye to the main chance,as ever, took a leaf from the Indy 500 racers where cars could be named the X,Y or Z special after some banal household product or whatever.

The green & yellow particularly with the yellow wheels just says Lotus.
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

JohnMLTX wrote:LOTUS IN BLACK AND GOLD FROM NEXT YEAR ON!!

WHY ARE WE ALL SHOUTING LIKE THIS!? IT'S NOT THAT IMPORTANT OR EXCITING, IS IT!?
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Captain Hammer wrote:

WHY ARE WE ALL SHOUTING LIKE THIS!? IT'S NOT THAT IMPORTANT OR EXCITING, IS IT!?

it has better effect to just make your text size bigger...
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

gnrpoison wrote:Some brilliant news, can the FIA give them 11 and 12 to make it even more special.

And bring back tobacco advertising, just so they can have JPS on their cars.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

eagleash wrote:
madmark1974 wrote:

Or apparently Lotus too, with the Black & Gold, John Player Special livery, when the cars were officially known as JPS Ford (or Cosworth). That & the Gold Leaf Team Lotus is when a car looked the most like a mobile fag packet.

It is a classic livery though. Chapman, with an eye to the main chance,as ever, took a leaf from the Indy 500 racers where cars could be named the X,Y or Z special after some banal household product or whatever.

The green & yellow particularly with the yellow wheels just says Lotus.

That's interesting and must be where Murray Walker got his ideas from when he's commentating on late 70s/early 80s races when he calls the McLaren the Marlboro and obviously the Lotus the JPS. I always thought it was just a trend at the time...
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

eagleash wrote:The green & yellow particularly with the yellow wheels just says Lotus.

Not only does it say Lotus, it says John Deere like no other.

In all seriousness though, the Black+Gold would look awesome.
Waris

Post by Waris »

*facepalm*

Bunch of noobs! -__-
When Tony Fernandes was asked a while ago if the cars would be green and yellow next year, he said something like "That's about the only thing that's certain". And now they go and change it!

History lesson: The original Team Lotus didn't change their livery to black and yellow after ONE year!

Stupid fickety-fiddly-argh... Do you not realize what this means?! Unless someone at Force India or Hispania or whatever pulls something out of a high hat, there will be no green cars anymore! And I was just so happy to have them back! Meanwhile, I can't see Virgin change their livery, so there will be no less than four black cars, or maybe six, if Hispania decides to jump on the bandwagon...
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
JohnMLTX

Post by JohnMLTX »

This wrote:
Captain Hammer wrote:

it has better effect to just make your text size bigger...

everybody knows capslock is cruise control for cool on the internet.
ibsey wrote:Things happen in my underwear, every time I hear those Ferrari's.
rdbextreme

Post by rdbextreme »

Despite the fight for the Lotus name heading into the 2011 season. It WILL be refreshing to see those colors.. but in all seriousness, now it will be Renault-Lotus... two teams who have struggled in recent years. So all this off season publicity will make up for all of the NON publicity it will receive this coming season when the team once again fails to match the pace of the leaders.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Great news!!! Now only 10 teams left to change their liveries to black and gold for us to have a full grid of black and gold cars! :x Erm... Wait, are you talking about Lotus Renault or Lotus Renault? :? *So confused...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

DanielPT wrote:Great news!!! Now only 10 teams left to change their liveries to black and gold for us to have a full grid of black and gold cars! :x Erm... Wait, are you talking about Lotus Renault or Lotus Renault? :? *So confused...

Renault will have a black and gold scheme for this season, due to their main shareholder and sponsor being Lotus Cars, also known as Group Lotus.

Team Lotus, based in Norfolk, will despite originally planning to run in black and gold, be running in the same green and gold from 2010, in order to distinguish the two teams apart.

Anyone also notice how Autosport have reverted back to calling the team 'Renault' rather than proclaiming them to be the real Lotus like they were earlier in December with that ridiculous front cover headline? I think they might have seen the light...
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

AndreaModa wrote:
DanielPT wrote:Great news!!! Now only 10 teams left to change their liveries to black and gold for us to have a full grid of black and gold cars! :x Erm... Wait, are you talking about Lotus Renault or Lotus Renault? :? *So confused...

Renault will have a black and gold scheme for this season, due to their main shareholder and sponsor being Lotus Cars, also known as Group Lotus.

Team Lotus, based in Norfolk, will despite originally planning to run in black and gold, be running in the same green and gold from 2010, in order to distinguish the two teams apart.

Anyone also notice how Autosport have reverted back to calling the team 'Renault' rather than proclaiming them to be the real Lotus like they were earlier in December with that ridiculous front cover headline? I think they might have seen the light...

Or, more accurately, they stopped seeing the money.
Reverie Planetarian

Post by Reverie Planetarian »

Great news! The Dacia Sand---oh, wait.
Some say he plans to put an S921 on the Goodwood 2012 run, and that he DOES know what Deletraz is doing.
All we know is...he's called Perry McCarthy!

...we'll never see an S921 at Goodwood, will we?