The title fight thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Waris

Re: The title fight thread

Post by Waris »

AndreaModa wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:
I wouldn't trust those two spanners to block a pipe with a cork. Besides - are Buemi and the Saurus running their last F1 races on Sunday?

Unless someone buys STR and fires the pair of them no. Either way both of them have shown that Red Bull are doing absolutely nothing to refine either of them... the same could apply to Sebastien Vettel...

I remember both had their drives confirmed for 2011 earlier this year. Seriously niether have done anything remotely noteworthy to suggest they should remain in the sport. There are plenty of other fine drivers that would take a Toro Rosso seat with both hands and do something with it. Very annoying!

That tends to be what happens when the owners of a team buy another team to use for 'junior drivers'...

By the way, I love all the wacky, weird scenarios that have been posted here! There are SO MANY possibilities, and somehow I've got the feeling that whatever will happen on Sunday is going to be even funnier and more exciting and breathtaking than anyone could have imagined...

(How's this? Two laps to go, Vettel leading from Webber from Alonso from Massa from Hamilton, then Massa "accidentally" takes out Alonso at some corner, then the next lap Webber tries to pass Vettel at the same corner and takes them both out, and Hamilton goes on to win the race and the championship?)
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Or every thing ends up in one HUGE anti-climax and it feels boring after 2 laps...
Waris

Post by Waris »

Myrvold wrote:Or every thing ends up in one HUGE anti-climax and it feels boring after 2 laps...

Presumably that would happen when all title contenders crash out, thus handing Alonso the championship title. *Shudders* As much as I like start pile-ups, I don't want to think about that!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Waris wrote:
Myrvold wrote:Or every thing ends up in one HUGE anti-climax and it feels boring after 2 laps...

Presumably that would happen when all title contenders crash out, thus handing Alonso the championship title. *Shudders* As much as I like start pile-ups, I don't want to think about that!

If there's going to be a start line pile-up it better be started by the Toro Rosso just "for teh lolz". :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

Does anyone have any information on the state of the engines in the Redbulls and Mclarens?
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Waris wrote:

Was more thinking in Vettel -> Alonso -> Hamilton -> Webber from the start, and lots of air between the cars
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Wizzie wrote:
Waris wrote:

If there's going to be a start line pile-up it better be started by the Toro Rosso just "for teh lolz". :lol:

Scuderia Teh Roflz
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

thehemogoblin wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
Waris wrote:Presumably that would happen when all title contenders crash out, thus handing Alonso the championship title. *Shudders* As much as I like start pile-ups, I don't want to think about that!

Scuderia Teh Roflz

:lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

thehemogoblin wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
Waris wrote:Presumably that would happen when all title contenders crash out, thus handing Alonso the championship title. *Shudders* As much as I like start pile-ups, I don't want to think about that!

Scuderia Teh Roflz

:lol: :lol: :lol:
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Abu Dhabu qualy finished. Vettel took it, of course, Hamilton right there, Alonso right with them followed by Button, Webber only fifth. It's looking like Alonso right now, guys. Can Red Bull pull a strategic rabbit out of that hat?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

No.

Red Bull's forte is NOT strategy...

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

The sensible thing is now for Webber to help Vettel. Red Bull need to bring Webber ahead of Alonso and pray for Button to pass him as well.

The thing is, Webber doesn't seem to have the speed.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
mario

Post by mario »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Abu Dhabu qualy finished. Vettel took it, of course, Hamilton right there, Alonso right with them followed by Button, Webber only fifth. It's looking like Alonso right now, guys. Can Red Bull pull a strategic rabbit out of that hat?

Red Bull haven't shown great strategic capabilities, and moreover, it will take one hell of a strategy to make up for several tenths in missing pace. Webber is going to have to dig very deep due to his poor position, as Button definitely has good pace here and Alonso will fight tooth and nail to stay on the podium.

Meanwhile, Vettel might be hapy for now, but we have got two drivers (Hamilton and Vettel) who are desperate to win - Hamilton has promised to drive the wheels off the car, whilst Vettel is determined to win the title for himself. Moreover, we know that Hamilton does tend to be quite aggressive when trying to pass, and will be on the attack in the opening laps, whilst Vettel has sometimes been criticised for his defensive moves and behaviour. A first corner accident on the cards? Maybe...
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Peter

Post by Peter »

If Alonso doesn't get hit, or have an engin failure, or get punctured, or get held up, the title is all his.
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

mario wrote:A first corner accident on the cards? Maybe...

Then, Webber still needs to pass Button and Alonso. Alonso MIGHT let him pass if Button is way ahead of him, however, he might get his Ferrari overdriven if Webber finds that extra time tomorrow.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

And I think it's going this way...
Waris

Post by Waris »

Wizzie wrote:
Waris wrote:

Sadly, both Toro Rosso cars will start 17th and 18th, so the most they can do is drive into the midfield. Actually, it makes me think; maybe if Red Bull can somehow make sure Toro Rosso has a great car for qualifying every year, so they can "station" them on the first row, they'd get lots more return on investment (in a sporting sense), and maybe keeping ownership of the team would be attractive again?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Waris wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
Waris wrote:

Sadly, both Toro Rosso cars will start 17th and 18th, so the most they can do is drive into the midfield. Actually, it makes me think; maybe if Red Bull can somehow make sure Toro Rosso has a great car for qualifying every year, so they can "station" them on the first row, they'd get lots more return on investment (in a sporting sense), and maybe keeping ownership of the team would be attractive again?

Problem: Remember last time the 2 Toro Rosso drivers were given a car with good pace?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wizzie wrote:Problem: Remember last time the 2 Toro Rosso drivers were given a car with good pace?

Monza 2008? A win and DNSAAW (did not start at all well)?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

dr-baker wrote:
Wizzie wrote:Problem: Remember last time the 2 Toro Rosso drivers were given a car with good pace?

Japan 2009: Atleast 5 accidents between the pair of them. (Alguersuari ran into the back of a McLaren in practice losing a front wing, Buemi had two accidents in Qualifying, Alguersuari also had a big one in Qualifying and then proceeded to bin it during the race aswell.)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wizzie wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Japan 2009: Atleast 5 accidents between the pair of them. (Alguersuari ran into the back of a McLaren in practice losing a front wing, Buemi had two accidents in Qualifying, Alguersuari also had a big one in Qualifying and then proceeded to bin it during the race aswell.)

Ah ha. I remembered the accidents and therefore assumed that they didn't have enough time left to be able to put in any decent representative laptimes...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
noisebox

The 2010 WDC will be... (one word only)!

Post by noisebox »

Vettel
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
the Masked Lapwing

Re: The 2010 WDC will be... (one word only)!

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Alonso...
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Webber
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Vettel...

As much as I would hate to admit it he's in the box seat right now.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Alonso :(
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Jordan192

Post by Jordan192 »

Alonso.
I coined the term "Lewisteria". The irony is that I actually quite like Lewis Hamilton.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Disqualified.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Alonso
I like the way Snrub thinks!
razta

Post by razta »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ADx_Wales wrote:Disqualified.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Barneveld (World Darts Champion?)
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
noisebox

Post by noisebox »

ADx_Wales wrote:Barneveld (World Darts Champion?)

Take your pick:
WDC may refer to one of the following:

* Washington D.C.
* The Walt Disney Company
* Walt Disney's Comics and Stories
* Western Digital Corporation
* Western Design Center
* Weymouth Drama Club
* World Dance Council
* World Data Center
* World Darts Council (known as the Professional Darts Corporation since 1997)
* Woman Detective Constable (now obsolete)
* World Diamond Council
* List of Formula One World Drivers' Champions
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
RAK

Post by RAK »

Alonso.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
Dom

Post by Dom »

Controversial
razta

Post by razta »

[censored]!
Last edited by CarlosFerreira on 14 Nov 2010, 11:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: You know the rules.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Champion
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

noisebox wrote:
ADx_Wales wrote:Barneveld (World Darts Champion?)

Take your pick:
WDC may refer to one of the following:

* Washington D.C. = Unwelcoming
* The Walt Disney Company = Corrupt
* Walt Disney's Comics and Stories = repetitious
* Western Digital Corporation = bankrupt
* Western Design Center = tasteless
* Weymouth Drama Club = camp
* World Dance Council = camper
* World Data Center = hacked
* World Darts Council (known as the Professional Darts Corporation since 1997) = unwatchable
* Woman Detective Constable (now obsolete) = (better choose my word carefully)............ Menstrual
* World Diamond Council = Extortionate
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Hamilton.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Alonso :(
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Hamilton.

Brave call