"Vitaly, Alonso is faster than you;.... "

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Chewie

"Vitaly, Alonso is faster than you;.... "

Post by Chewie »

"......can you confirm you understand"

Did the 2 times DWC really expect a car with track position to move aside for him?

He's got class that guy.

BTW as a huge Jaguar fan, well done to the team under its new name and owners at proving it can be done; Ford wanted Newey when he was at McLaren and Ron Dennis talked him out of the Jaguar job; how different it could have been!
How ironic; Alonso loses because the Renault in front of him doesn't crash, or indeed feel inclined to pull over and let him pass!!!
CarlosFerreira

Re: "Vitaly, Alonso is faster than you;.... "

Post by CarlosFerreira »

"Vitaly, Alonso is not faster than you. Can you confirm you find that as funny as we do?" - read on @sniffpetrol's twitter feed earlier during the race... :lol:
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Chewie

Post by Chewie »

CarlosFerreira wrote:"Vitaly, Alonso is not faster than you. Can you confirm you find that as funny as we do?" - read on @sniffpetrol's twitter feed earlier during the race... :lol:

I think the same sort of quote will be used lots of times over the next few weeks, ironic that after Massagate and all the talk of Webber not being allowed to pass Vettel, that a car NOT pulling aside to let another past decides the title.

Justice is served! :D
How ironic; Alonso loses because the Renault in front of him doesn't crash, or indeed feel inclined to pull over and let him pass!!!
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

"Felipe, Jaime is faster than you. Can you confirm you'll be driving for us again next year?"
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

Unsurprisingly graceless. Alonso's sense of entitlement could fill that f-ing Ferrari theme park all on its own.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

"Mark, Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm that you understand what being a number 2 driver means?"
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

jackanderton wrote:Unsurprisingly graceless. Alonso's sense of entitlement could fill that f-ing Ferrari theme park all on its own.

Which indeed might be why Ferrari lost. Did you notice that at the beginning of the race Fernando's car was buried on the grid under two hundred reporters, the King of Spain, fifty hangers on etc. etc.. Methinks they were over-confident. In comparison Seb was standing around on his own chilling out.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Fernando, Vettel has more points than you..... do you understand this message!
rffp

Post by rffp »

I have seen in the 80s some fierce annd ruthless disputes among drivers, in the 90s we were presented to Schummy's antics and bully boy tactics. Now we have met the cry-baby of all seasons: Fernando Alonso. A man with limited dignity, an egomaniac, arrogant beyond belief and with dubious character at best.

There are no doubts about his talent, if he won the 2010 WDC it would be deserved, but he is the biggest sore loser I have ever seen. Even Piquet (Sr) showed more grace than Alonso.

On whose lap will he be crying today? Flav's? Luca's? Or his mommy's?

Fernando: GROW UP!
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Hey Fernando, try that sh*t over in NASCAR and see how much Mike Skinner likes it!

Vitaly Petrov just outdrive you, MAN UP.

Edit: Petrov outdriving Alonso just put him out of Reject status! >=D
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

Petrov outdriving Alonso just put him out of Reject status! >=D

And, I'm going to say something nice about Alonso here so stand back, what a fine way to unrejectify yourself against one of the current greats.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

jackanderton wrote:
Petrov outdriving Alonso just put him out of Reject status! >=D

And, I'm going to say something nice about Alonso here so stand back, what a fine way to unrejectify yourself against one of the current greats.

That's precisely what almost makes the avatar bearable.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

To be fair, Alonso was a bit upset.

If I'd been cruising around comfortably set up for my third WDC, and my team had decided to pit me so I was in the traffic, I'd be peeved. Then even more peeved when I realised it was impossible to pass on the track. And then staring at the back of Petrov's Renault for the next hour would make me incandescent.

Given that Ferando is Latin its a wonder he didn't leap out and beat Petrov to death with his steering wheel, before setting fire to the Ferrari pit.

Alonso did seem quite a bit calmer after the race.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Ross Prawn wrote:Alonso did seem quite a bit calmer after the race.

We call that a Kyle Busch interview over here in the States. Drive and act like a whiny b**** and then come out all smiles in the interview.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
rffp

Post by rffp »

Ross Prawn wrote:
Given that Ferando is Latin its a wonder he didn't leap out and beat Petrov to death with his steering wheel, before setting fire to the Ferrari pit.

Felipe Massa is also Latin and lost the title at the last moment in front of his home crowd and behaved like a gentleman. His outburst at Petrov is not due to being Latin, or Slav, or Anglo-Saxon, or Nordic, but instead due to being a jerk! And might I remember that one of the greates drivers and worst losers of all time - one that would throw the car at the opponents - was not Latin!
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Cynon wrote:

We call that a Kyle Busch interview over here in the States. Drive and act like a whiny b**** and then come out all smiles in the interview.

I still love when he won the first race in the Car of Tomorrow and proceeded to call it a "flying brick" in the post-race interview.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

thehemogoblin wrote:
Cynon wrote:

I still love when he won the first race in the Car of Tomorrow and proceeded to call it a "flying brick" in the post-race interview.

That's because that was the only Kyle Busch interview that was actually 100% correct.

Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

All I'm saying is that I get cross when someone is slow at traffic lights in front of me. I can't imagine how Alonso felt.

Yes it was a bit spoiled brattish and unsporting, but maybe understandable.

I'm not sure about the comparison with Schumi. Schumi never seemed to get Latin red mist, it was just logical Teutonic elimination of the enemy to throw the car at them
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

In Soviet Russia, Perov is faster than you.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Jordan192

Post by Jordan192 »

ADx_Wales wrote:In Soviet Russia, Perov is faster than you.

I'm totally stealing that :D
I coined the term "Lewisteria". The irony is that I actually quite like Lewis Hamilton.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Ross Prawn wrote:To be fair, Alonso was a bit upset.

If I'd been cruising around comfortably set up for my third WDC, and my team had decided to pit me so I was in the traffic, I'd be peeved. Then even more peeved when I realised it was impossible to pass on the track. And then staring at the back of Petrov's Renault for the next hour would make me incandescent.

Hooray! Sometimes I think it's just me who appreciates his temparement, good and bad!
Besides which, at least he doesn't spend the whole race moaning about various bits of his frigging car non-stop. Hello Lewis.
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Ross Prawn wrote:Then even more peeved when I realised it was impossible to pass on the track. And then staring at the back of Petrov's Renault for the next hour would make me incandescent.

Then at least take a Kamikaze-move to TRY!! He didn't even do that, I mean, Ferrari was 3rd in constructors, and the only chance he had, was to get passed, then you HAVE to take som risks...
Pieman

Post by Pieman »

Myrvold wrote:
Ross Prawn wrote:Then even more peeved when I realised it was impossible to pass on the track. And then staring at the back of Petrov's Renault for the next hour would make me incandescent.

Then at least take a Kamikaze-move to TRY!! He didn't even do that, I mean, Ferrari was 3rd in constructors, and the only chance he had, was to get passed, then you HAVE to take som risks...

Yes - and he didn't, simply because he appears to expect the world to move for him so he can have exactly what he wants.

Go home, Fernando Alonso.
Forza Forti
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Myrvold wrote:

I would somewhat disagree with this in that hardly ever did Alonso actually even get close enough. Win for the Renault F-duct.
patrick

Post by patrick »

eytl wrote:
Myrvold wrote:

I would somewhat disagree with this in that hardly ever did Alonso actually even get close enough. Win for the Renault F-duct.

Indeed, the only time he really got close was when he bombed it and went deep. Underlines that they have at least the second best F-duct in the field, maybe even the best if it was with the faster Mercedes engine. Speed trap figures throughout the season confirm this, especially when compared to the RB6 with the same engine.
Benetton

Post by Benetton »

How Alonso behaved was classless. Period. Petrov drove excellent defensely, secured his seat for 2011 IMO.

In 2008 Felipe Massa already celebrated the title, only to find out Hamilton had passed Glock in the last effin' corner!! The whole country felt for him, and so did I. And how he started crying in the cockpit with his helmet on, and how he behaved on the podium was pure class.

Fernando 2010: Has 30+ laps of time to do something about the situation. And Ferrari cocked-up, they should have know who pitted during the safety car!! How they missed it, shows IMO, how overconfident they were.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Petrov got his revenge on Alonso for Turkey!!!!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

i made those 2 minutes after i saw Alonso behaving hisself as a ass
ImageImage
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

f1-gast wrote:i made those 2 minutes after i saw Alonso behaving hisself as a ass

Your point being?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!