Last year Honda, this year Jaguar........

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Chewie

Last year Honda, this year Jaguar........

Post by Chewie »

..........just goes to prove that the Manufacturer Era had the right idea, but not the right timescales or enough patience to see the project through.

If Honda did a huge DOH! when Brawn won last year; then Jag fans like me smile at the thought of our team being sold off cheaply by Ford and seeing it succeed under new owners 6 years later.

Chewie
How ironic; Alonso loses because the Renault in front of him doesn't crash, or indeed feel inclined to pull over and let him pass!!!
jackanderton

Re: Last year Honda, this year Jaguar........

Post by jackanderton »

Toyota never would've though.

Sorry. They might have. Just wanted to be mean to them. :)
patrick

Post by patrick »

jackanderton wrote:Toyota never would've though.

Sorry. They might have. Just wanted to be mean to them. :)

If HRT gets some Toyota bits and bobs next year, then goes on to win the title does it count? :P
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

BMW Next Year

KOBAYASHI KAMUI 2011 WINNNNAZZZ!!!!
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

ADx_Wales wrote:BMW Next Year

I was going to post that...
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
Mister Fungus

Post by Mister Fungus »

OK then BMW next year, Toyota 2012. Nice
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

Chewie wrote:..........just goes to prove that the Manufacturer Era had the right idea, but not the right timescales or enough patience to see the project through.

If Honda did a huge DOH! when Brawn won last year; then Jag fans like me smile at the thought of our team being sold off cheaply by Ford and seeing it succeed under new owners 6 years later.

Chewie

I think it shows that if you get Brawn or Newey, (particularly Newey) and give them a half decent team, then they can win. Adrian even got a win for Minardi.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
Chewie

Post by Chewie »

Ross Prawn wrote:
Chewie wrote:..........just goes to prove that the Manufacturer Era had the right idea, but not the right timescales or enough patience to see the project through.

Chewie

I think it shows that if you get Brawn or Newey, (particularly Newey) and give them a half decent team, then they can win. Adrian even got a win for Minardi.

jaguar actually had Newey on his way to them until Ron Dennis talked him out of it.
How ironic; Alonso loses because the Renault in front of him doesn't crash, or indeed feel inclined to pull over and let him pass!!!
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

Webber might have been champ six years ago then.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
Chewie

Post by Chewie »

Ross Prawn wrote:Webber might have been champ six years ago then.

In a Jaguar!!! Oh I wish that'd happened.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Chewie wrote:
Ross Prawn wrote:

Chewie

jaguar actually had Newey on his way to them until Ron Dennis talked him out of it.

I've still got the two autosports with the covers "I'm going to Jaguar Says Newey", and then "No I'm not Says Newey".
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Ferrim wrote:
ADx_Wales wrote:BMW Next Year

I was going to post that...

Would that "BMW" still have a Ferrari engine I wonder...
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Uhh, don't you mean last year BAR, this year Stewart? :P
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Peter wrote:Uhh, don't you mean last year BAR, this year Stewart? :P

Possibly not; as BAR weren't a manufacturer & didn't sell to Stewart. :P
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

ADx_Wales wrote:
I've still got the two autosports with the covers "I'm going to Jaguar Says Newey", and then "No I'm not Says Newey".

As I recall that was why Jaguar hired F1 Reject Rahal. To get his old pal Newey. And then they didn't. So they got rid of Rahal!
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Peter wrote:Uhh, don't you mean last year Tyrrell, this year Stewart? :P

Fixed