090719 German GP Edition

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

090719 German GP Edition

Post by Kuwashima »

G'day all,

Well, we've just posted our labour of love, the 2009 German GP Edition of the F1 Rejects podcast. Full of emotional tribute to our man, Mark Webber, and the sensational job he did to win the race. Full of other stuff, too, including FerrariStu's brilliant Ruby/Barrichello mash-up.

Sorry it's a bit on the long side, but there was much to cover, and we tend to dissemble. Think of it as two 30 minute podcasts and listen to the first half this week and the second half next week.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Jamie
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 090719 German GP Edition

Post by FullMetalJack »

Looking forward to listening to it, I'm happy your boy finally won and FerrariStu's video definitely deserves a mention.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

I must point out a mistake on the podcast - Michael Schumacher wasn't disqualified from the 1994 British GP for overtaking on the formation lap, he was disqualified for ignoring the penalty that was handed to him for overtaking on the formation lap... ;)
razta

Post by razta »

Great Podcast as ever guys
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Excellent podcast as usual, keep it up ;)
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

fantastic podcast!

another small error though - Advance Australia Fair was only adopted in 1984, so was not played at Alan Jones' last win in 1981. ;)
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Despite listening to it on a bit of a downer after the news about Londono-Bridge and Surtees, it was a great podcast.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Ed24 wrote:another small error though - Advance Australia Fair was only adopted in 1984, so was not played at Alan Jones' last win in 1981. ;)

Let's not allow the facts to get in the way of a good story ;)
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
BB01

Post by BB01 »

Ed24 wrote:fantastic podcast!

another small error though - Advance Australia Fair was only adopted in 1984, so was not played at Alan Jones' last win in 1981. ;)

You know, I had no idea it was that recent. I was slightly horrified that I didn't know. Mind you, I was pretty young at the time.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Just a quick congratulation at the excellent podcast, guys. Excellent stuff!
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

One of the better podcasts.

I actually like the podcasts that are a bit more on the longer side, because then there's more opportunity for you guys to ramble a bit and then the humor builds.

The Bernie/Hitler section was fantastic. :lol:
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Cynon wrote:I actually like the podcasts that are a bit more on the longer side, because then there's more opportunity for you guys to ramble a bit and then the humor builds.
I agree with this statement. A little bit of rambling is always good.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

another small error though - Advance Australia Fair was only adopted in 1984, so was not played at Alan Jones' last win in 1981.

I'm not entirely convinced that is the case. Although it was not officially made the National Anthem until 1984, Advance Australia Fair was made the National Song for ALL occasions other than those of a regal nature in 1974. Then in 1976, this was rolled back slightly to occasions of a regal, vice-regal, defence, and loyal toast nature.

There was a plebiscite in 1977, which AAF won handsomely and so it would have been used from then on. It wasn't until 1984 that it replaced GSTQ at even regal occasions.
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Kuwashima wrote:
another small error though - Advance Australia Fair was only adopted in 1984, so was not played at Alan Jones' last win in 1981.

I'm not entirely convinced that is the case. Although it was not officially made the National Anthem until 1984, Advance Australia Fair was made the National Song for ALL occasions other than those of a regal nature in 1974. Then in 1976, this was rolled back slightly to occasions of a regal, vice-regal, defence, and loyal toast nature.

There was a plebiscite in 1977, which AAF won handsomely and so it would have been used from then on. It wasn't until 1984 that it replaced GSTQ at even regal occasions.

my information came from this government site, which doesn't mention the extent of which GSTQ was reinstated in 1976 - as to which you refer.

However, from reading some posts on other forums, apparently AAF was played for many, it not all, of Alan Jones wins, so I am prepared to admit that I was incorrect.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

The "Young Frankenstein" bit was hilarious and highly appropriate :lol:
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Thank you for yet another great moment in F1 Rejects Podcastery.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
dresda

Post by dresda »

tc3j3r wrote:I must point out a mistake on the podcast - Michael Schumacher wasn't disqualified from the 1994 British GP for overtaking on the formation lap, he was disqualified for ignoring the penalty that was handed to him for overtaking on the formation lap... ;)

Just listened to this edition for the second time while riding the lawn tractor around and around and around (kinda like Nascar, but more exciting because I can change direction and go the other way if I like)...

Anyway, I recall that Michael was penalized because he passed the guy on pole position and this was the big no-no. Hill was to have the honour of leading the pack and controlling the pace of the pack as well.

eta: just to add that this was an excellent podcast as usual and I enjoyed Webber's win immensely, it was so well deserved. Us Canucks also get miffed when our anthem, so infrequently heard at major sporting events, gets cut off or otherwise mangled. Keep up the good work chaps!
'08 BMW F650GS (Jutta), '01 Suzuku DR650, '03 VW Golf TDI (Teddy)
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Brilliant podcast, as expected. ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

In a sense, both tc3j3r and dresda are right. Michael Schumacher's black flag was for overtaking on the formation lap; the three-race ban was for ignoring the black flag.
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

Alianora La Canta wrote:In a sense, both tc3j3r and dresda are right. Michael Schumacher's black flag was for overtaking on the formation lap; the three-race ban was for ignoring the black flag.

And I think the crucial difference with Schumacher was that he wasn't recovering from a lost position from a spin, etc, which you can do if the whole pack hasn't gone past you - he just went past the pole position man full-stop.
Alianora La Canta

Annoyingly, I can't hear the podcast when I try to play it through my computer. My computer's on-board sound card has packed up, so I've got to wait for a new sound card to be fitted before I can listen to any more F1 Rejects :(
muttley

Post by muttley »

Alianora La Canta wrote:Annoyingly, I can't hear the podcast when I try to play it through my computer. My computer's on-board sound card has packed up, so I've got to wait for a new sound card to be fitted before I can listen to any more F1 Rejects :(

If you have an iPod or any other mp3 player, you can listen to the podcast there. That's why it's called a podcast ;)
Alianora La Canta

If you have an iPod or any other mp3 player, you can listen to the podcast there. That's why it's called a podcast ;) {muttley - previous comment}

I have neither of the above. Would a PDA do?
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Alianora La Canta wrote:If you have an iPod or any other mp3 player, you can listen to the podcast there. That's why it's called a podcast ;) {muttley - previous comment}

I have neither of the above. Would a PDA do?

If it does audio.
muttley

Post by muttley »

Alianora La Canta wrote:I have neither of the above. Would a PDA do?

Most of the new PDAs play audio & video. I have a 3 years old Palm that does it, though battery life is not exceptional.
Many new mobile phones can be used to play podcasts too.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I used to listen to the podcasts on my PSP for a short time...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Alianora La Canta

Most of the new PDAs play audio & video. I have a 3 years old Palm that does it, though battery life is not exceptional.
Many new mobile phones can be used to play podcasts too. {muttley - 2 comments ago}

Right, I'll have a look through the options on this thing. There'll probably be something ;)
Alianora La Canta

Sure enough, there's a "Play Music" (and even a "Play Video") option... ...but the computer crashes every time I tell the file to transfer to the PDA!

I think we have a Docking Cradle Reject...
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Alianora La Canta wrote:Sure enough, there's a "Play Music" (and even a "Play Video") option... ...but the computer crashes every time I tell the file to transfer to the PDA!

I think we have a Docking Cradle Reject...

Hmmm, can you connect dome headphones to the PDA?

Just steal a computer from the office or something, this one's really worth it! :D
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Alianora La Canta

Hmmm, can you connect dome headphones to the PDA?

Just steal a computer from the office or something, this one's really worth it!

My usual headphones are fine, but without the docking cradle I can't get the podcast onto the device in the first place.

I can't steal a computer from the office yet, but my plan to do so is looking good - I had an interview on Wednesday and it went really well, to the point where getting voluntary work in the office in question looks like a formality.

I will get to listen to this podcast before Valencia, I promise!
Alianora La Canta

I love how you got Mark Webber name the episode :D

(Yes, I'm currently listening to F1R German GP (Ya-ya-ya-hoo Yay Etc.) podcast ;) )

By the way, Enoch must have got cloud nine over the moon by being so happy that he managed to move celestial objects under the cloud layer. Rumours that this caused the Pleisad meteor shower earlier this week are under investigation...