I love this headline...

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Jordan

I love this headline...

Post by Jordan »

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-anderson-usf1-cars-likely-to-be-blue/

Everyone, drop what you're doing, you can stop wondering what colour the USF1 cars will be. Who cares who will drive?
"Grosjean has a great desire to turn around and look at the corner he's just gone through, too many times per lap or per session, he's always spinning that Renault"
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: I love this headline...

Post by tristan1117 »

At least he didn't announce it would be white, red and silver car. That would actually work with the Youtube logo.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

We've got an abundance of blue cars now. Williams, USF1 and now Campos are rumoured to be blue. Plus, BMW have quite a bit of blue on them as well. Hopefully, they'll all be different shades of blue; I miss the light blue of the Mild Seven Renaults.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Why not paint it like the planet earth? That'll be a recipe for success, no?
"Grosjean has a great desire to turn around and look at the corner he's just gone through, too many times per lap or per session, he's always spinning that Renault"
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

You're forgetting the Red Bull and Toro Rosso cars, which are also primarily blue.

Blue. Is it the new white and red? The only truly unique cars in the field are the Force Indias (which have an awesomely nationalistic colorscheme of green white and orange as depicted on the flag of India), and the Brawn GP (flourescent yellow is awesome).

I can understand the reasoning behind making the USF1 cars blue, but why don't they do what they did in the old days and put the car numbers in white circles on the nose and sidepods?
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Campos is said to be blue as well. Rumour suggests they'll get get funding from telco giant Telefonicia and Santander's competitors BBVA, both of whom have dark blue logos. The story also suggests that a Russian company will have their logos on the car, and that the nose cone will be red and yellow because of the Spanis heritage. They were supposedly originally supposed to be silver and black, but the idea was dropped because most liveries are based on sponso clours. That's why Brawn and BMW are so clever. Brawn have yellow, black and white as their team colours, but they're only added them in places where it would be impractical for sponsor decals. As for BMW, Petronas is usually a teal-aqe colour, but the team talked them into letting them run a white logo to fit in with the car.

I really hope that Manor run something like a black livery with red and white for Virgin in places. Just for some variety. I also hope Brawn show up with a full livery next year. Thought I do like the idea that a virtually-sponsorless car is doin so well; that was the intention behind the Honda RA107 and RA108.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Where's British Racing Green when you need it? :lol:
Or maybe a completely yellow car (ala Jordan or Minardi 2000)
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

Why don't they paint the car pink? It attracts attention and was very successful in the past...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Flourescent Orange, Green and Pink car anyone? No? Oh well...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

To quote a mate of mine who had just bought a spanking new Suzuki GSX-R 600 and was getting some flak because he went for the traditional Suzuki colours:

Yeah, sure. White blue and red - you guys have enough of it when you go skying, dontcha?

I should point out we're all a bunch of broke losers and none of us has ever dreamed of going skying.

It's got to be blue. It's a classy colour, so everyone goes for it. If it was the 80's, with all the bad hair around, you could go for something else.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Waris

Post by Waris »

Debaser wrote:Why don't they paint the car pink? It attracts attention and was very successful in the past...

Succesful? When?!?
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Waris wrote:
Debaser wrote:Why don't they paint the car pink? It attracts attention and was very successful in the past...

Succesful? When?!?

In removing the last remaining shread of dignity from the Brabham team.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

Captain Hammer wrote:We've got an abundance of blue cars now. Williams, USF1 and now Campos are rumoured to be blue. Plus, BMW have quite a bit of blue on them as well. Hopefully, they'll all be different shades of blue; I miss the light blue of the Mild Seven Renaults.

If it comes to long gone blues, really, I miss Leyton house turquoise-sky blue and BP green scheme. 1988-1990 where days of really nice colours: Leyton House, Coloni's Yellow, All coloured Bennettons, etc.
Winners have lots of friends, losers have good friends.
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

CarlosFerreira wrote:To quote a mate of mine who had just bought a spanking new Suzuki GSX-R 600 and was getting some flak because he went for the traditional Suzuki colours:

Yeah, sure. White blue and red - you guys have enough of it when you go skying, dontcha?

I should point out we're all a bunch of broke losers and none of us has ever dreamed of going skying.

It's got to be blue. It's a classy colour, so everyone goes for it. If it was the 80's, with all the bad hair around, you could go for something else.

And I nominate Reject of The Thread to Carlos Ferreira: Abuse of Honesty should be taken as Jumping KERS in the Pitlane (you gave me the Idea). :lol:
Winners have lots of friends, losers have good friends.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

I loved the grids around 2000, when you would find the light blue Benettons, the dark blue Prosts, the orange Arrows, the red Ferraris, the black and grey McLarens, the green Jaguars, the yellow Jordans, the white BARs... I miss that.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

I miss the grids around then too, they've been really disappointing recently. It's much better having a grid full of different colours.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Popi_Larrauri wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:To quote a mate of mine who had just bought a spanking new Suzuki GSX-R 600 and was getting some flak because he went for the traditional Suzuki colours:

And I nominate Reject of The Thread to Carlos Ferreira: Abuse of Honesty should be taken as Jumping KERS in the Pitlane (you gave me the Idea). :lol:

Fair enough. Cheers to that, mate!
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

fjackdaw wrote:I miss the grids around then too, they've been really disappointing recently. It's much better having a grid full of different colours.

2006 was the worst for colour schemes, I sometimes struggled to tell the difference between the Mclaren and the Midland, too many similar colour schemes, Formula 1 is really missing the legendary colour schemes such as the Yellow Jordans, Blue Ligiers/Prosts, even the Green Jaguars.

I for one would personally love the headline TOYOTA LEAVE FORMULA 1
I like the way Snrub thinks!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

redbulljack14 wrote:I for one would personally love the headline TOYOTA LEAVE FORMULA 1

But would you really want a headline that says "EPSILON EUSKADI JOINS FORMULA 1"?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

how about a purple and orange car with bright pink logos.......