Hello everyone! New members' check in desk

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
AdrianBelmonte_

Re: Hello everyone! New members' check in desk

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

East Londoner wrote:Well, I suppose an embarrassing thing about yourself is your clear love for the singer Foxes. :P :lol:

That's NOT an embarrasing thing Image
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:
East Londoner wrote:Well, I suppose an embarrassing thing about yourself is your clear love for the singer Foxes. :P :lol:

That's NOT an embarrasing thing

Less embarrassing, and more foxy?

East Londoner wrote:Although in fairness, given that I'm the resident Kate Nash/Amy Macdonald/Paloma Faith fanboy on the forums, you're OK. :) ;)

Is it some kind of weird multi-person mashup in your head, or can you only think about all three at the same time? :P
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
AdrianBelmonte_

pasta_maldonado wrote:Less embarrassing, and more foxy?

Bad Joke Pasta :roll:
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
East Londoner wrote:Although in fairness, given that I'm the resident Kate Nash/Amy Macdonald/Paloma Faith fanboy on the forums, you're OK. :) ;)

Is it some kind of weird multi-person mashup in your head, or can you only think about all three at the same time? :P

That's for me to know, and you to find out. :P

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:

Come on mate, it's just a bit of joking around. I don't mind Foxes, I like some of her songs. :)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:
This wrote:
Simtek wrote:You could reveal all your embarrassing secrets in one post or drop subtle hints throughout the forum. You decide. ;)

Because a person without embarrassing secrets would never be allowed to join this forum, right? :P

I don't have embarrasing secrets, but i do embarrasing things like this

(Do you really want to see it? REALLY?)

Yes, I'm afraid we do. Otherwise it becomes an embarrassing secret and then we really REALLY have to know.
#FreeGonzo
AdrianBelmonte_

East Londoner wrote:Come on mate, it's just a bit of joking around. I don't mind Foxes, I like some of her songs. :)

Sometimes i feel a bit alone cause my "fangirlism" to Foxes, almost nobody here in Spain understands this, even my bigger brother is making jokes with her (his favourite joke objective are her lips), i'm a suffered man
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
AdrianBelmonte_

Simtek wrote:Yes, I'm afraid we do. Otherwise it becomes an embarrassing secret and then we really REALLY have to know.

It's not a secret...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDl-jufINJw&feature=gp-n-o&google_comment_id=z121cxnqnyrsthw0u224xb3bhzeccd1ix04
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

East Londoner wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

That's for me to know, and you to find out. :P

Just sitting there, whimsically thinking about a meet and greet gone horribly right with Paloma Faith, and your brain's telling you: "think about Kate Nash...go on, do it...that's it, get some butter involved..."

East Londoner wrote:
AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:

Come on mate, it's just a bit of joking around. I don't mind Foxes, I like some of her songs. :)

I'll willingly admit to being partial to Foxes myself. However, landed gentry refused to comment on the matter...
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

On the subject of non-F1 related avatars, I need to know what Ataxia's avatar is all about (I assume its band/TV/film related).

Also, I'm dropping the Ralf avatar soon. I can't have Klon getting excited every time I post.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

watka wrote:On the subject of non-F1 related avatars, I need to know what Ataxia's avatar is all about (I assume its band/TV/film related).

It's Thom Yorke. I thought it was a good showcase of my bright and sunny personality...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Ataxia wrote:
watka wrote:On the subject of non-F1 related avatars, I need to know what Ataxia's avatar is all about (I assume its band/TV/film related).

It's Thom Yorke. I thought it was a good showcase of my bright and sunny personality...

Blimey, it doesn't look like him at all!
Bobby Doorknobs

Ataxia wrote:

I'm quite a bit late in saying this, but it's good to see another Radiohead fan on here. :) Unless you're being ironic. :?
#FreeGonzo
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Simtek wrote:
Ataxia wrote:

I'm quite a bit late in saying this, but it's good to see another Radiohead fan on here. :) Unless you're being ironic. :?

I'm certainly not being ironic...I'm a big Radiohead fan as well as of Thom's other projects.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
jimclark

Post by jimclark »

'Been to the site for years. 'Just registered.
Last edited by jimclark on 20 Jan 2015, 09:07, edited 1 time in total.
Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end....

jimclark
Bobby Doorknobs

jimclark wrote:.Been to the site for years. 'Just registered.

Jim Clark lives! Welcome!
#FreeGonzo
qw4tt0r

Post by qw4tt0r »

Hello, my name is Frans, I'm from Grathem in The Netherlands.
I've frequented this site for a few years but finally I've decided to make an account.
I've been a racing fan since 2001, it all started when I was watching the Brazilian GP with my mom and dad and saw the awesome overtake from Montoya on Schumacher.
My favourite reject has to be Jan Lammers, and I managed to get his autograph at the Historic Grand Prix Zandvoort last August.
My favourite driver of all time is Juan Pablo Montoya, his outright speed and overtaking skills are very appealing to me.
I also have his autograph but sadly I have not met him.

My favourite racing series is the World Endurance Championship, I also follow: DTM (went to last year's event at Zandvoort), WTCC, V8 Supercars, European Le Mans Series, Dakar Rally and of course Formula One (I am pretty sure I am forgetting some series).
My interests besides motorsports include: video game collecting, history and music.
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

Welcome to the madhouse qw4tt0r! :)
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Wij heten jou hartelijk welkom!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Bobby Doorknobs

qw4tt0r wrote:Hello, my name is Frans, I'm from Grathem in The Netherlands.
I've frequented this site for a few years but finally I've decided to make an account.
I've been a racing fan since 2001, it all started when I was watching the Brazilian GP with my mom and dad and saw the awesome overtake from Montoya on Schumacher.
My favourite reject has to be Jan Lammers, and I managed to get his autograph at the Historic Grand Prix Zandvoort last August.
My favourite driver of all time is Juan Pablo Montoya, his outright speed and overtaking skills are very appealing to me.

My favourite racing series is the World Endurance Championship, I also follow: DTM (went to last year's event at Zandvoort), WTCC, V8 Supercars, European Le Mans Series, Dakar Rally and of course Formula One (I am pretty sure I am forgetting some series).
My interests besides motorsports include: video game collecting, history and music.

Looks like we share three of the same interests besides motorsports. Welcome!
#FreeGonzo
tBone

Post by tBone »

This wrote:Wij heten jou hartelijk welkom!

Daar sluit ik mij volledig bij aan!
YOUR
LOGO

Here
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

qw4tt0r wrote:Hello, my name is Frans, I'm from Grathem in The Netherlands.

I hope you get to meet Juan Pablo one day, just make sure that when you do, you don't break his freaking head!
qw4tt0r

Post by qw4tt0r »

Simtek wrote:Looks like we share three of the same interests besides motorsports. Welcome!

Thanks! What kind of music do you like? I like Rock, Metal and Reggae.
tBone wrote:
This wrote:Wij heten jou hartelijk welkom!

Daar sluit ik mij volledig bij aan!

Dank u beide!
watka wrote:I hope you get to meet Juan Pablo one day, just make sure that when you do, you don't break his freaking head!

Nah, I'll probably awkwardly ask him to sign something, just like when I met Jan Lammers last year. :P
Bobby Doorknobs

qw4tt0r wrote:
Simtek wrote:Looks like we share three of the same interests besides motorsports. Welcome!

Thanks! What kind of music do you like? I like Rock, Metal and Reggae.

I love rock. My favourite bands include The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, The Who, Nirvana and Kasabian. I also love blues and classical music, as well as video game music, especially Nobuo Uematsu, who composed most of the music for my all-time favourite series of video games, Final Fantasy. Metal is not something I normally listen to, but I usually enjoy it when I do. Reggae is awesome!
#FreeGonzo
Rabbi Gordon

Post by Rabbi Gordon »

Hello guys!
Been lurking around for a year or two and decided to create an account for the banter and to take part in the fantasy series. My nick is a random drunken idea of mine. And my rejectful Paint.NET skills got me the picture. lel
I am really intrigued by the ones with actual drivers and series. Actually, my first post here was an application to a WTCC series.

On a personal note, my name is Gábor, aged 19 and I'm from Budapest, Hungary. I love every type of motorsports from NASCAR through BES to F1. My favorite series at the moment is BTCC.
Currently, my favorite driver is Josef Newgarden. My favorite F1 reject, profiled or not is Fabrizio Barbazza, although my favorite reject is an obscure Indycar driver named Tyce Carlson.
Used to be and I still am a HUGE fan of Minardi F1.

I consider myself a stat geek and I am open to discussion on many series or drivers. Hopefully I'll become a good member of a great community.
If a particle is traveling at the speed of a Spyker, it is likely to finish last. - Albers Einstein

The Hungarian language is more beautiful than you'd ever think. See, the plural of soul in Hungarian is lelkek.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Rabbi Gordon wrote:Hello guys!
Been lurking around for a year or two and decided to create an account for the banter and to take part in the fantasy series. My nick is a random drunken idea of mine. And my rejectful Paint.NET skills got me the picture. lel
I am really intrigued by the ones with actual drivers and series. Actually, my first post here was an application to a WTCC series.

On a personal note, my name is Gábor, aged 19 and I'm from Budapest, Hungary. I love every type of motorsports from NASCAR through BES to F1. My favorite series at the moment is BTCC.
Currently, my favorite driver is Josef Newgarden. My favorite F1 reject, profiled or not is Fabrizio Barbazza, although my favorite reject is an obscure Indycar driver named Tyce Carlson.

I consider myself a stat geek and I am open to discussion on many series or drivers. Hopefully I'll become a good member of a great community.

Welcome to the forums! I'm sure the other resident Hungarian forumites will be along at some point. As for the PMMF, the door's always open :)
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

Welcome to the forums Rabbi Gordon! :)
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
Bobby Doorknobs

Rabbi Gordon wrote:Hello guys!

Looks like you'll fit right in. And it's always good to see new members from the promised land. Welcome!
#FreeGonzo
elfroggo

Post by elfroggo »

Hello, my name is elfroggo, and I live in the Pacific Northwest USA. It's boring there. I'm a huge fan of motorsports and racing of any sort. I worship HWNSNBM, because I know what it's like to get hit with flaming papayas. Also a random thing, I'm friends with wmetcalf (I'm older than him though :lol: )
Bobby Doorknobs

Your actual name is elfroggo? :P That's strange. Welcome!
#FreeGonzo
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

elfroggo wrote:Hello, my name is elfroggo, and I live in the Pacific Northwest USA. It's boring there. I'm a huge fan of motorsports and racing of any sort. I worship HWNSNBM, because I know what it's like to get hit with flaming papayas. Also a random thing, I'm friends with wmetcalf (I'm older than him though :lol: )

You know who also is a huge fan of racing? The Brabham BT46B!

So eh, has wmetcalf hit puberty yet? :P
AdrianBelmonte_

This wrote:You know who also is a huge fan of racing? The Brabham BT46B!

#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

elfroggo wrote:(I'm older than him though :lol: )

Not that great an achievement, most foetuses are older than wmetcalf :P
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

Not that great an achievement, most zygotes are older than wmetcalf :P

Fixed.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Bobby Doorknobs

dr-baker wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

Not that great an achievement, most mayflies are older than wmetcalf :P

Fixed.

Fixed.
#FreeGonzo
elfroggo

Post by elfroggo »

Simtek wrote:Your actual name is elfroggo? :P That's strange. Welcome!

No but my name is Juan Pablo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Bobby Doorknobs

elfroggo wrote:

No but my name is Juan Pablo Montoya. You broke my bathplugging head. Prepare to die.

Fixed. ;)
#FreeGonzo
elfroggo

Post by elfroggo »

Simtek wrote:
elfroggo wrote:

No but my name is Juan Pablo Montoya. You broke my bathplugging head. Prepare to die.

Fixed. ;)

Right, right, how silly of me.
wmetcalf7 4

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

And what a great time to return to the forums…… :lol: So apparently I'm younger than a zygote. Seems legit. Hey el, welcome to le forums of Formula Banter.
#GetWellWickens
elfroggo

Post by elfroggo »

wmetcalf7 4 wrote:And what a great time to return to the forums…… :lol: So apparently I'm younger than a zygote. Seems legit. Hey el, welcome to le forums of Formula Banter.

Welcome back wmet. And no, you're younger than a foetus, big difference.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

wmetcalf7 4 wrote:And what a great time to return to the forums…… :lol: So apparently I'm younger than a zygote. Seems legit. Hey el, welcome to le forums of Formula Banter.

The fixed post clearly said you are younger than most zygotes. So that means not all of them. Some zygotes, like for example Max Verstappen, are obviously younger than you.