Favourite Reject Driver and Team

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Favourite Reject Driver and Team

Post by DanielPT »

eurobrun wrote:
mlincoln wrote:Though a very common task to see in F1, it would be quite embarrassing to feel it almost and realize that you are not going to be able to proceed anything serious and ambitious about it. A very sad route but one that people should realize and experience just to get things going on either side. I would not be surprised to see a lot of the newer bloods just go right through them.

I have no idea what to say to that.

I have. After having read all of his posts, I have to say that the stench of SPAM is strong on this one (Specially the post in the SPAM thread). That of trolling too, but it is an harmless one.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

DanielPT wrote:
eurobrun wrote:
mlincoln wrote:Though a very common task to see in F1, it would be quite embarrassing to feel it almost and realize that you are not going to be able to proceed anything serious and ambitious about it. A very sad route but one that people should realize and experience just to get things going on either side. I would not be surprised to see a lot of the newer bloods just go right through them.

I have. After having read all of his posts, I have to say that the stench of SPAM is strong on this one (Specially the post in the SPAM thread). That of trolling too, but it is an harmless one.

No links anywhere, unless he just forgot what he was selling :P
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

eurobrun wrote:
DanielPT wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

No links anywhere, unless he just forgot what he was selling :P

You know what they say: To forget can happen even to the best spammer in the Internet.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I'm calling it now, this is the new incarnation of Viresh. Expect Force India spam in three, two, one :lol:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

All aboard the SpamMobile :lol:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Driver: Ukyo Katayama.

Constructer: Eifelland.
Trump 2016
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

darkapprentice77 wrote:Driver: Ukyo Katayama.

Constructer: Eifelland.

Ukyo isn't a reject, try again ;)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

Luca Badoer.

and Forti.
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Taki Inoue has gone up in my book today with a couple of hilarious tweets from earlier:

Taki Inoue on Twitter wrote:Will be walking around F1 paddock and garages during GP this year. But never go close to the safety car. See you there, mates!!

Taki Inoue on Twitter wrote:To be honest with you, if I was able to race with Minardi in Monaco in 1996, Definitely I finished in the podium with my safety driving!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

AndreaModa wrote:Taki Inoue has gone up in my book today with a couple of hilarious tweets from earlier:

Taki Inoue on Twitter wrote:Will be walking around F1 paddock and garages during GP this year. But never go close to the safety car. See you there, mates!!

Taki Inoue on Twitter wrote:To be honest with you, if I was able to race with Minardi in Monaco in 1996, Definitely I finished in the podium with my safety driving!

Imagine if the handbrake of the Safety Car failed and he was ran over :lol:
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

Phoenix wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:Taki Inoue has gone up in my book today with a couple of hilarious tweets from earlier:

Imagine if the handbrake of the Safety Car failed and he was ran over :lol:

I'm surprised that Taki doesn't think he could have won. :lol:
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
Masahiko

Post by Masahiko »

Takuma Sato

not sure he's the reject driver or not. He achieved one podium but all I can remember is his "all or nothing" reckless driving and spectacular crashes. It's really amazing he continues that style at Indy.
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Masahiko wrote:Takuma Sato

not sure he's the reject driver or not. He achieved one podium but all I can remember is his "all or nothing" reckless driving and spectacular crashes. It's really amazing he continues that style at Indy.

Reject drivers are the one who have scored (or would have scored if they had raced before post-2003 and current points system) less than three points, so Sato is not a reject.
Anyway I agree with you about him, he was one of my favourite drivers during his F1 years and I'm still his fan now he races in Indycar.

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

That podium and his 2 4ths, 3 5ths, and 5 6ths prevent him from being a reject ;)

He was, however, Reject of the Year in 2005 for being useless all year.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

tommykl wrote:

That podium and his 2 4ths, 3 5ths, and 5 6ths prevent him from being a reject ;)

He was, however, Reject of the Year in 2005 for being useless all year.

Yeah it was a shame 2005 didn't work out. A team as good as BAR in 05' shouldve seen him claim another wonderful podium. One point he scored wasn't it?

Glad he proved to everyone how mature he was with Super Aguri.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AdrianSutil wrote:Yeah it was a shame 2005 didn't work out. A team as good as BAR in 05' shouldve seen him claim another wonderful podium. One point he scored wasn't it?

Where were you for the first half of 2005? :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Wizzie wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:Yeah it was a shame 2005 didn't work out. A team as good as BAR in 05' shouldve seen him claim another wonderful podium. One point he scored wasn't it?

This. :lol:

I've always wondered why BAR's 2005 car was so poor compared to the 2004 model. OK, partially it was down to luck (Button finding the Wall of Champions in Montreal whilst on for a good result, and good qualifying postions wasted in the USA for obvious reasons that year) and the team being naughty, but the car was nowhere at the start of the season, until they cheated. Even when Button was finishing every race in the points in the second half of the season, it was only minor placings helped on by a lot of luck going his way. Maybe, like Ferrari, they couldn't adapt to those bathplugging ridiculous tyre regulations that year.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

East Londoner wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

This. :lol:

I've always wondered why BAR's 2005 car was so poor compared to the 2004 model. OK, partially it was down to luck (Button finding the Wall of Champions in Montreal whilst on for a good result, and good qualifying postions wasted in the USA for obvious reasons that year) and the team being naughty, but the car was nowhere at the start of the season, until they cheated. Even when Button was finishing every race in the points in the second half of the season, it was only minor placings helped on by a lot of luck going his way. Maybe, like Ferrari, they couldn't adapt to those bathplugging ridiculous tyre regulations that year.

Actually, BAR's problem was much more fundamental than that. They simply couldn't get the front wing to work properly all year (I think they went through a dozen or so different variations of the front wing over the course of the season) which ended up plagueing them all the way to the end of 2007 and even beyond that.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Luca Badoer.

Andrea Moda.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Masahiko

Post by Masahiko »

Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:

Reject drivers are the one who have scored (or would have scored if they had raced before post-2003 and current points system) less than three points, so Sato is not a reject.
Anyway I agree with you about him, he was one of my favourite drivers during his F1 years and I'm still his fan now he races in Indycar.

thanks for the explanation. I thought reject drivers were the one who epic-failed in F1. :P

If Sato is not the reject, I don't have other favorite one. But my favorite reject team is Minardi. They were always slow, but somehow i always rooted for them. Oh yeah, The European GP 1999, that was the most dramatic race for Minardi! :D
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Again, Minardi is not a reject team. With the 1960-2002 system, they have 32 points, a lot more than the maximum 6 to be a reject team.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

tommykl wrote:Again, Minardi is not a reject team. With the 1960-2002 system, they have 32 points, a lot more than the maximum 6 to be a reject team.

*puts on Jeremy Clarkson voice* That's not gone well
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

kostas22 wrote:Luca Badoer.

Andrea Moda.

I'm wondering how would have been seeing Badoer driving for Andrea Moda... :?

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:
kostas22 wrote:Luca Badoer.

Andrea Moda.

I'm wondering how would have been seeing Badoer driving for Andrea Moda... :?

If you go over to the F1RMGP thread in the Perry McCarthy Forum, you might soon find out... ;)
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

kostas22 wrote:
Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:I'm wondering how would have been seeing Badoer driving for Andrea Moda... :?

If you go over to the F1RMGP thread in the Perry McCarthy Forum, you might soon find out... ;)

Although, to have Luca Badoer driving for Andrea Moda as opposed to a gestält entity with Coloni and Lancia, that'd require a trip back to the 2011 season, and a huge rehash of the driver line-up...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
RonDenisDeletraz

dinizintheoven wrote:
kostas22 wrote:
Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:I'm wondering how would have been seeing Badoer driving for Andrea Moda... :?

Although, to have Luca Badoer driving for Andrea Moda as opposed to a gestält entity with Coloni and Lancia, that'd require a trip back to the 2011 season, and a huge rehash of the driver line-up...

Unpopular opinion time, 2011 was my favourite F1RMGP season.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

eurobrun wrote:Unpopular opinion time, 2011 was my favourite F1RMGP season.

Heretic! You're only saying that because Rrrrrmmmnnn Grrrrjjjjnnn appeared at Toleman the next year...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I don't know if I can pick a favourite F1RMGP season. It'd have to be either Daggers' win in 2013, or Einarsson in 2014. But 2012 was pretty good too...
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
RonDenisDeletraz

dinizintheoven wrote:
eurobrun wrote:Unpopular opinion time, 2011 was my favourite F1RMGP season.

Heretic! You're only saying that because Rrrrrmmmnnn Grrrrjjjjnnn appeared at Toleman the next year...

No, I'm saying that because I seriously do think 2011 was the best F1RMGP season. Not by a lot though, because every F1RMGP season has been very good.