F3RWRS - Yet another feeder series

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F3RWRS - Yet another feeder series

Post by Nessafox »

21th and 2nd, speaking of consistency... guess consistency is part of the Lamberigts family...

And Simon has been funky today, we're not sure what that means.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Podium in first race, Deletrazianly slow in the second race. OK I guess
As for Team Jagerbomb, ROTY here we come.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Klon wrote:
Speedweek wrote:F3RWRS Driver To Rise Up?

According to the lastest rumours going around the F3RWRS paddock, one of the young drivers is rumoured to make a quick jump to the F1RWRS series. These rumours say that the German council behind Tropico Grand Prix powered by CR Motorsport is not pleased with Darren Older Jr.'s performance at the latest tests, so the Brit might find himself replaced quite soon, if he doesn't get it together and beats Miko Fäkkinen soon.

However, there were no names talked about, although it is very obvious, that said person would have to bring copious amounts of sponsorship to get said seat. People who could bring up this sponsorship, amongst others, are Akinjide Ezerioha, Jean-Vincent Albertini or Iulian Pitea. We will give you further information as we recieve them.

I should point out that this was indeed a serious offer - who would like their F3RWRS rookie to rise up to the big leauges as a pay-driver? 8-)
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Hendra Naufal wrote:"Push harder, push harder", that's I heard from team radio throught the race. I pushed but the Falik driver on the front of me always blocked me. :evil:

Kim Lee-Wang wrote:At the 3rd lap I drive too fast at a slow corner. I misjudged the corner and that made the chaos. Shame.

Bambang Naufal, part of Team Asia consortium wrote:Too bad Naufal only ran in race one and Wang crashed at lap 3 in second race. But let's see later if there's a improvement or not. ;)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Lol, Harmsky doesn't even have an average position. THAT is rejectful!

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
RonDenisDeletraz

Red Bull Team Jagermeister, the ultimate in rejectfulness
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Round 1 - Adelaide - Race 3

1st: Jack Christopherson Jr (Christopherson): 20:39.31 (13 laps)
2nd: Michael Cameron (Prospec): +1.58
3rd: Jason Hamilton (ZimSport): +3.48
4th: Terry Hawkin (Jones): +3.60
5th: Jean-Vincent Albertini (Albertini): +3.79
6th: Yuka Katayama (Falik): +7.98
7th: Carter Simpson (ZimSport): +10.49
8th: Andoni Urrutia (Tociclao): +14.39
9th: Joao Cavalcanti (JLD): +18.03
10th: Dorien Lamberigts (Lotus): +18.94
11th: Ryan Zimmer (ZimSport): +25.48
12th: Shane Walsh (ZombieKart): +29.50
13th: Roberto Zayas (ZombieKart): +38.59
14th: Judd McAllister (Team Phoenix): +1:00.38
15th: João António Soares (Porto Wine): +1 LAP
16th: Yuri Sokolov (Shonan): +1 LAP
17th: Jan Mayländer (Dofasco): +1 LAP
18th: Kim Lee-Wang (Team Asia): +1 LAP
19th: Mika Pässonen (Red Bull): +1 LAP
20th: Massimiliano Torbani (Trueba): +2 LAPS
21st: Humbert Moyenmoutier (ZombieKart): +2 LAPS
DNF: Akinjide Ezerioha (Falik): Accident (L9)
DNF: Renaldo Jiménez (JLD): Accident (L7)
DNF: Tomo Kazama (Prospec): Accident (L2)
Fastest lap: Jason Hamilton (1:35.28)

Remember the old days in the F1RWRS when the saying was "he who pits first, wins the race"? Well, that's not true here, because Christopherson Jr, Cameron and Hamilton all pitted at the 17 minute mark. In other words, lap 11 of 13 completed. The last few drivers at the end of the race all pitted on lap 1 or 2. It was a fairly clean race, with Kazama simply spinning at the chicane, Jiménez finding the fence at turn 8, and Ezerioha doing a Coulthard. Christopherson lost the start to Cameron, but didn't let him bolt, and overtook him in the pits (and I mean overtook - he snuck up the inside on the way in!). Hamilton, Hawkin and Albertini fought for third all race, with Hamilton taking it (just).

Round 1 - Adelaide Street Circuit - Wrap-up
Round Winner: Michael Cameron - 20 points, 1 win, 1 2nd, pole position and 1 fastest lap
Michael did what Gary couldn't - actually win something. Due to my failure to add the points for pole and fastest lap, it lifts him ahead of Christopherson Jr in the standings.

Reject of the Weekend: Akinjide Ezerioha
Pathetically slow all weekend, I still don't know how he made race 3, and then crashed into the pit wall (and at least Coulthard actually made it into the lane, this guy couldn't seem to make up his mind!)

Infinite Improbability Drive of the Weekend: Jean-Vincent Albertini
Poor in race 1, but bounced back brilliantly to win race 2, and was one of just two drivers to score in races 2 & 3 (the other was Andoni Urrutia).

F3RWRS Championship Standings:

1st: M. Cameron - 20
2nd: J. Christopherson Jr - 19
3rd: J. Albertini - 14
4th: J. Hamilton - 13
5th: T. Hawkin - 10
6th: Y. Katayama - 7
7th: D. Lamberigts - 6
=8th: R. Zayas - 4 (1 3rd)
=8th: C. Simpson - 4 (2 7ths)
=10th: S. Walsh - 3 (1 4th)
=10th: R. Zimmer - 3 (1 6th)
=12th: J. Mayländer - 2 (1 5th)
=12th: A. Urrutia - 2 (1 6th)
14th: T. Kazama - 1
Last edited by the Masked Lapwing on 27 Nov 2011, 07:29, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
RonDenisDeletraz

4th overall after getting 2 podiums. Good I geuss

DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Sandeman wrote:Bummer... It was a total failure Porto wine's debut. I need to have a serious talk with the engineers and mechanics...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Kim Lee-Wang wrote:Faster but too off the pace. I can do more actually. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Sammy Jones wrote:I'm delighted with Terry who had such a strong performance in his first race weekend, he really did highlight the potential of the JR-300 chassis. Eric was a bit unlucky, and that comes with racing, particularly in the lower categories, but I'm confident he'll bounce back and improve greatly as the season progresses.

Terry Hawkin wrote:I've had an amzing debut weekend for the Jones Racing team, it's been a really enjoyable experience and whilst I'm slightly disappointed not to have got myself a race win by the end of the weekend, I think I can still take away an awful lot, and I'm 5th in the championship with a long way to go yet so things are looking up for the rest of the year!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Jean-Vincent Albertini in his more than ever broken English wrote:It was a great weekend and of best race to which I took part.
It pushed me to work to gain the championship even if possible.
The third place after only three races is a brilliant beginning of the season.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Wouter Lamberigts wrote:I will do the word for my little sister, as i have to protect her from bad influences (somehow that Van Dycke guy still hangs out in the paddock, despite that he has no obvious reason for that... anyway, she did a brilliant job! Yeah you see, i'm the best older brother there is!

Dorien Lamberigts wrote:Mom! Wouter is taking away precious media time from me!

Mom wrote:Sure he is, Dorien, sure he is, now who wants some pie?

Gio Van Dycke wrote:Hmmmmm! I'm starving!

Mom wrote:Stay away from my children!

Gio Van Dycke wrote:I was more interested in your pie!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Jack Christopherson Jr wrote:YES! That's what i'm talking about! *points index finger*
I like the way Snrub thinks!
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Massimiliano Torbani:

It's disappointing to run so low down the order, but still good to make all three races. I'm still learning, so the team can expect an improvement from me in the next few races.

David Neuberg:

Well, to qualify 2nd in the first race is fantastic, but my weekend was over within 200 yeards, hitting the Kerberos and putting the car into the wall. I'm so sorry to the team, I think we couldve taken a good haul of points otherwise.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I've been trying to figure out the points totals, and they don't add up.

I believe you've switched the points systems for races 1 and 2, and have also dropped the points for pole and fastest lap.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
the Masked Lapwing

tommykl wrote:I've been trying to figure out the points totals, and they don't add up.

I believe you've switched the points systems for races 1 and 2, and have also dropped the points for pole and fastest lap.

Races 1 & 3 are the 2003-2009 system, and race 2 is pre-2003. I did forget the pole and fastest lap points though...
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
tommykl wrote:I've been trying to figure out the points totals, and they don't add up.

Races 1 & 3 are the 2003-2009 system, and race 2 is pre-2003. I did forget the pole and fastest lap points though...

You didn't give Hamilton the point for fastest lap in race 3 :roll:
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
RonDenisDeletraz

tommykl wrote:

You didn't give Hamilton the point for fastest lap in race 3 :roll:

I is dissapointed.

the Masked Lapwing

It's a weekend. I don't think on weekends. :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:Michael did what Gary couldn't - actually win something.

Oi! The 2011 Dutch Grand Prix and 2012 Surfers SuperPrix beg to differ!
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Prince Falik wrote:Well done to the talent Katayama, for scoring points. She will do well this season but it was the wrong kind of track for Ezerioha but he stuck with it and qualified for all three races so how any one can say he is slow is unbelievable. He shall see the podium this season mark my words. Yes, yes!
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

With Terry Hawkin making the temporary step up to the F2RWRS with Gillet, there is a space free in the Jones Racing #7 car.

Anyone with a driver free is welcome to make an offer for the drive (though personal sponsorship is required for the seat).

If no-one steps forward I'll slot someone in there myself in time for the next race.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

In theory, the US round of the F3RWRS would be held on the same weekend as the F2RWRS Turkish GP so the only round Hawkin would miss is round 3 at Brands Hatch.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

AndreaModa: are you after a temp driver? If so, you can take David Neuberg from me, as that allows my Steven Mackintosh to enter his own race. Neuberg brings personal sponsorship in the form of Drubnik, his father's company. His details can be found when I signed up to the series on page 1 or 2.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

AdrianSutil wrote:AndreaModa: are you after a temp driver? If so, you can take David Neuberg from me, as that allows my Steven Mackintosh to enter his own race. Neuberg brings personal sponsorship in the form of Drubnik, his father's company. His details can be found when I signed up to the series on page 1 or 2.

He's signed!

So Wizzie, correct me if I'm wrong, but Hawkin would still drive for Jones Racing for the second round, and after that would switch to F2RWRS?

EDIT: My bad, seen the wiki page which has answered my own question! :lol:

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

AndreaModa wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:AndreaModa: are you after a temp driver? If so, you can take David Neuberg from me, as that allows my Steven Mackintosh to enter his own race. Neuberg brings personal sponsorship in the form of Drubnik, his father's company. His details can be found when I signed up to the series on page 1 or 2.

He's signed!

So Wizzie, correct me if I'm wrong, but Hawkin would still drive for Jones Racing for the second round, and after that would switch to F2RWRS?

EDIT: My bad, seen the wiki page which has answered my own question! :lol:

How long you planning on keeping Neuberg for?
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Until he wants to go back. I mean obviously ideally until Seron returns to fitness in the F2RWRS at which point Hawkin will move back to the #7, but if you wanted him back before then I can stick someone else in the seat in the meantime.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Well I'm planning on using Neuberg in the F1RWRS as he's a pay-driver, hence the personal sponsorship. Keep him for three races in F3RWRS and then I'll have him back.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

the Masked Lapwing

Since Wizzie is rushing ahead, I can't be bothered waiting for Aerond, so:

Round 2 - Round of the United States - Qualifying

While the F1RWRS field was in Long Beach, the F3 drivers were a bit further north, at Laguna Seca. It was a fairly quiet qualifying session, with only a few cars making mistakes on their flyers (mostly at the corkscrew, quite a few cars fought a battle with chronic understeer). In the end, it was Tomo Kazama taking pole, edging Ryan Zimmer and Eric Swerts. In fact, these three are probably the most improved in qualifying, all of them having been destroyed by their teammates at Adelaide. Michael Cameron took fourth, ahead of Jason Hamilton, Yuka Katayama, and Massimiliano Torbani, who also made a big improvement.

1st: Tomo Kazama (Prospec): 1:12.66
2nd: Ryan Zimmer (ZimSport): +0.03
3rd: Eric Swerts (Jones): +0.10
4th: Michael Cameron (Prospec): +0.18
5th: Jason Hamilton (ZimSport): +0.24
6th: Yuka Katayama (Falik): +0.26
7th: Massimiliano Torbani (MA-Junior): +0.29
8th: Terry Hawkin (Jones): +0.31
9th: David Neuberg (MA-Junior): +0.36
10th: Jack Christopherson Jr (Christopherson): +0.39
11th: Carter Simpson (ZimSport): +0.41
12th: Renaldo Jiménez (JLD): +0.45
13th: Simon Garfünkel (Lotus): +0.50
14th: Andoni Urrutia (Tociclao): +0.52
15th: Judd McAllister (Team Phoenix): +0.56
16th: Jean-Vincent Albertini (Albertini): +0.58
17th: Dorien Lamberigts (Lotus): +0.62
18th: Alberto Donegro (Tociclao): +0.65
19th: Joao Cavalcanti (JLD): +0.69
20th: Hillary King (Team Phoenix): +0.73
21st: Akinjide Ezerioha (Falik): +0.79
22nd: Antonio Reyna-Sanchez (JLD): +0.83
23rd: Shane Walsh (ZombieKart): +0.88
24th: João António Soares (Porto Wine): +0.90
25th: Joe Harmsky (Shonan): +1.02
26th: Yuri Sokolov (Shonan): +1.07
27th: Kim Lee-Wang (Team Asia): +1.18
28th: Iulian Pitea (Dofasco): +1.39
29th: José Maria Cabral (Porto Wine): +1.40
30th: Hendra Naufal (Team Asia): +1.43
31st: Humbert Moyenmoutier (ZombieKart): +1.56
32nd: Deiter Hallenstien (Red Bull): +1.57
33rd: Mika Pässonen (Red Bull): +1.78
34th: Jan Mäylander (Dofasco): +2.04
35th: Wojciech Cieslar (Dofasco): +2.04
36th: Roberto Zayas (ZombieKart): +2.47
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
RonDenisDeletraz

5th is good

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Something's just occurred to me:

Now that Steven Mackintosh has been promoted to the F1RWRS, he can't replace Neuberg at Brands Hatch anymore, correct?
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
the Masked Lapwing

Wizzie wrote:Something's just occurred to me:

Now that Steven Mackintosh has been promoted to the F1RWRS, he can't replace Neuberg at Brands Hatch anymore, correct?

No, he can't. Good catch 8-)
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Wizzie wrote:Something's just occurred to me:

No, he can't. Good catch 8-)

this could all get confusing. The problem is you could do three F3 races in the time it takes Aerond do to one of the F1 races, and visa versa...

Neuberg is with Jones Racing in F3RWRS until round 5 of the F1RWRS, where he joins up with the main team for rounds 5, 6, 7 and 8. Neuberg then rejoins our junior team for the remainder of the F3RWRS season.

As for Mackintosh, indeed he is now part of the main team for the remainder of the F1RWRS season, even if he isn't actually driving. Alexey Pchelintsev I believe is under 25 so can race in the F3RWRS with the junior team, replacing Neuberg.

Torbani remains with the junior team, I have no plans to move him yet.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AdrianSutil wrote:Neuberg is with Jones Racing in F3RWRS until round 5 of the F1RWRS, where he joins up with the main team for rounds 5, 6, 7 and 8. Neuberg then rejoins our junior team for the remainder of the F3RWRS season.

Alexey Pchelintsev I believe is under 25 so can race in the F3RWRS with the junior team, replacing Neuberg.

Pchelintsev has driven 2 race weekends in the F1RWRS already. (Although I'm not entirely sure if he has to qualify and start the race or not for it to count) Round 5 of the F1RWRS is Monaco while Round 7 is Brands Hatch which is where the next F3RWRS race is held.
the Masked Lapwing

Wizzie wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:Neuberg is with Jones Racing in F3RWRS until round 5 of the F1RWRS, where he joins up with the main team for rounds 5, 6, 7 and 8. Neuberg then rejoins our junior team for the remainder of the F3RWRS season.

Alexey Pchelintsev I believe is under 25 so can race in the F3RWRS with the junior team, replacing Neuberg.

Pchelintsev has driven 2 race weekends in the F1RWRS already. (Although I'm not entirely sure if he has to qualify and start the race or not for it to count) Round 5 of the F1RWRS is Monaco while Round 7 is Brands Hatch which is where the next F3RWRS race is held.

They simply have to set a time in pre-qualifying and goodbye F3RWRS.

Which means Mackintosh is no longer eligible, even for here at Laguna Seca, because he competed in PQ at Brazil. It also means that Neuberg, if he competes in the main game, won't be able to return.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
the Masked Lapwing

Round 2 - Laguna Seca - Race 1

1st: Tomo Kazama (Prospec): 20:45.39 (17 laps)
2nd: Yuka Katayama (Falik): +12.48
3rd: Ryan Zimmer (ZimSport): +13.02
4th: Eric Swerts (Jones): +21.49
5th: Jean-Vincent Albertini (Albertini): +25.29
6th: Michael Cameron (Prospec): +26.37
7th: Terry Hawkin (Jones): +30.48
8th: Jack Christopherson Jr (Christopherson): +36.86
9th: Carter Simpson (ZimSport): +39.65
10th: Judd McAllister (Team Phoenix): +40.01
11th: Dorien Lamberigts (Lotus): +49.29
12th: Andoni Urrutia (Tociclao): +51.83
13th: Joao Cavalcanti (JLD): +55.99
14th: Massimiliano Torbani (MA-Junior): +56.32
15th: Shane Walsh (ZombieKart): +57.38
16th: Antonio Reyna-Sanchez (JLD): +59.30
17th: Hillary King (Team Phoenix): +1:00.48
18th: Kim Lee-Wang (Team Asia): +1 LAP
19th: Joe Harmsky (Shonan): +1 LAP
20th: José Maria Cabral (Porto Wine): +1 LAP
21st: Alberto Donegro (Tociclao): +1 LAP
22nd: Iulian Pitea (Dofasco): +1 LAP
23rd: Akinjide Ezerioha (Falik): +1 LAP
24th: João António Soares (Porto Wine): +1 LAP
25th: Hendra Naufal (Team Asia): +1 LAP
26th: David Neuberg (MA-Junior): +2 LAPS*
27th: Jason Hamilton (ZimSport): +2 LAPS*
28th: Renaldo Jiménez (JLD): +2 LAPS*
29th: Humbert Moyenmoutier (ZombieKart): +2 LAPS
30th: Roberto Zayas (ZombieKart): +2 LAPS
31st: Yuri Sokolov (Shonan): +2 LAPS
32nd: Deiter Hallenstien (Red Bull): +2 LAPS
33rd: Wojciech Cieslar (Dofasco): +2 LAPS
34th: Jan Mäylander (Dofasco): +2 LAPS
35th: Mika Pässonen (Red Bull): +3 LAPS
DNF: Simon Garfünkel (Lotus): Accident (L5)
Fastest lap: Ryan Zimmer: 1:12.38

Jean-Vincent Albertini wins drive of the race, for his demolition of everyone in the midfield on his run to the points. He was passing cars left, right and centre, virtually anywhere on the track. 5th was the best he could do though, the top 4 were simply too quick. Yuka Katayama also pulled a spectacluar pass on Ryan Zimmer at the Corkscrew on the last lap, mirroring Jeroen Krautmeir on Giovanni Roda here in 2011. There was a bit of controversy in the closing laps, when Renaldo Jiménez tried a very overambitious move (read: didn't brake) at the last corner, taking Neuberg and Hamilton out of the race. Fortunately, it was late enough that all three will make race 2. The same couldn't be said for Garfünkel, who simply threw it off the road at the Corkscrew.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
RonDenisDeletraz

Bathplug

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Daniel Melrose wrote:Reyna-Sanchez and Cavalcanti both did a satisfactory job in race 1 but all 3 of our guys will have to up their game if they stand a chance at an F2RWRS drive next year. Renaldo was doing very well until that move on Jason and David. Maybe it's just inexperience but that was a move that was never going to work. Hopefully he'll make up for it in the reverse grid race where, unless I'm mistaken, he'll start in the first few rows.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Jean-Vincent Albertini speaking his usual broken English wrote:Another ghreat race and the next points in ze standings.
I think if I maintain good fohrm, then my dad will sponsohr me... euh... deux mille quinze (2015) F2RWRS sezzon.