F1WRCR 1953 season - Post-season prize money up!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
simonracer

Re: F1WRCR 1953 season - Constructor entries now open!

Post by simonracer »

If possible, could we get two of the combined Maserati packages, for Stan & Nello.

And we're based in London.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

tommykl wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:May I please enter my team, ilustarious
May we please buy an Aston Martin engine and an Aston Martin chassis please

Thank you old chap

a) I don't know the team name
b) The team doesn't have a base
c) The Aston chassis hasn't even been built and isn't on sale yet
d) Aston haven't designed an engine yet

A) Royal Racing Automobile Company
B) Mayfair, London
C) Maserati AM53 chassis please
D) Maserati 200F engine please
The driver is… Lord Arcibald Fredric* Lysander Montague Arthur March
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

roblomas52 wrote:
tommykl wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:May I please enter my team, ilustarious
May we please buy an Aston Martin engine and an Aston Martin chassis please

Thank you old chap

a) I don't know the team name
b) The team doesn't have a base
c) The Aston chassis hasn't even been built and isn't on sale yet
d) Aston haven't designed an engine yet

A) Royal Racing Automobile Company
B) Mayfair, London
C) Maserati AM53 chassis please
D) Maserati 200F engine please
The driver is… Lord Arcibald Fredric* Lysander Montague Arthur March

The driver has to actually have existed :lol: Although that's a hilarious name, I'll grant you
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I'll buy a Bentley 53C. :)

roblomas, you can and should pick a driver from this page. (That's what I did for 1952)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

pycku wrote:As for chassis: Balkan Eagle is offering to buy 3 chassis from Alfa Romeo at the price of 100 000 pounds.

It's a deal!
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

roblomas52 wrote:The driver is… Lord Arcibald Fredric* Lysander Montague Arthur March

It's amazing how many times we explain stuff like this to you, and yet you continue to do it.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:The driver is… Lord Arcibald Fredric* Lysander Montague Arthur March

It's amazing how many times we explain stuff like this to you, and yet you continue to do it.

As amazing as it seems, all of those are actual names. So he is making progress in that regard, at least.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Alright, so I've decided that if a customer team decides to buy a package with a set price, they don't have to wait until the seller agrees. If later on the seller decides not to sell the package, the sale will be reversed (the chassis/engine returns to the manufacturer and the customer team gets a refund), but the package bought cannot be unmade.

If a package does not have a set price though, manufacturer approvement is needed. Only one such case is currently ongoing, and therefore:

I need FantometteBR to decide whether or not he accepts Balkan Eagle's offer to purchase 3 Maserati 200F engines for £15 000 each.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Birmingham Motorsports has obviously ran out of money by now, but the two blokes who ran it in 1952 managed to convince the owner of the steel factory where they worked in to give them more money in exchange for naming rights over the team.

So our team will be named F. H. Warden Competition, and we are still based in Birmingham, England. We'll look at our chassis and engine options once we know our budget, although we can already confirm that we're preferring British cars.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Nuppiz wrote:Birmingham Motorsports has obviously ran out of money by now, but the two blokes who ran it in 1952 managed to convince the owner of the steel factory where they worked in to give them more money in exchange for naming rights over the team.

So our team will be named F. H. Warden Competition, and we are still based in Birmingham, England. We'll look at our chassis and engine options once we know our budget, although we can already confirm that we're preferring British cars.

You've got £100 000 to work with. The only affordable British option is probably the Bentley right now, since Aston Martin don't have a chassis yet. However, the Jaguar engine might be worth it for the £8 000 it costs more than the Bentley engine ;)

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

tommykl wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Birmingham Motorsports has obviously ran out of money by now, but the two blokes who ran it in 1952 managed to convince the owner of the steel factory where they worked in to give them more money in exchange for naming rights over the team.

You've got £100 000 to work with. The only affordable British option is probably the Bentley right now, since Aston Martin don't have a chassis yet. However, the Jaguar engine might be worth it for the £8 000 it costs more than the Bentley engine ;)

Hugh Stanley-Whittingthorpe, Bentley Manager wrote:Excuse me old chap. Would you mind not giving customers the frightful impression that Bentley engines are below standard? It doesn't help with he old public image, don't you see. Toodle-pip
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Hugh Stanley-Whittingthorpe, Bentley Manager wrote:Excuse me old chap. Would you mind not giving customers the frightful impression that Bentley engines are below standard? It doesn't help with he old public image, don't you see. Toodle-pip

That was for my own sake, really, since I've already got a mighty long list of engines built, and the Jags already are built, whilst if you build another Bentley, the list just gets longer, and longer :lol:

Besides, at the price you're selling the cars, you're making almost no money off it ;)

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

tommykl wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

That was for my own sake, really, since I've already got a mighty long list of engines built, and the Jags already are built, whilst if you build another Bentley, the list just gets longer, and longer :lol:

Besides, at the price you're selling the cars, you're making almost no money off it ;)

Well, after 1942, we had to do something to make the bloody things sell! ;)

Also, we would like to take ENB up on their offer of running Andre Pilette as a works Bentley drover for the Belgian Brand Prix, with the possible option for more races. Talking of selling, we'd like to build a 53 C chassis and 163-1 engine for our own personal use.

Will we have to pay for engines that fail, or chassis that are destroyed or damaged?

We would also like confirmation on our other driver interests; Hawthorn, Salvadori, Richardson, and Von Brauchitisch.

In addition, when will the costs of travelling to races + grid limits be posted? We'd like to finalise schedules but its impossible to do so without the costs of travelling to races known.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

By the way, I think I'd be well-advised to confirm that we will be having Eric Brandon drive the main car full-time during the season and Helmut Niedermayr, Tommy Wisdom and Lucien Vincent the second one as one-off entries.
Last edited by Klon on 24 Jul 2013, 08:08, edited 1 time in total.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Will we have to pay for engines that fail, or chassis that are destroyed or damaged?

We would also like confirmation on our other driver interests; Hawthorn, Salvadori, Richardson, and Von Brauchitisch.

In addition, when will the costs of travelling to races + grid limits be posted? We'd like to finalise schedules but its impossible to do so without the costs of travelling to races known.

a) Eventual repair costs go to the entrant, so if a customer Bentley is damaged, the owner has to pay for it. If it's a work car, then Bentley pays for it, since you're running the car.

b) I don't have the power to confirm drivers, but Hawthorn, Salvadori and Richardson haven't been signed anywhere else, and Mercedes didn't keep von Brauchitsch, so I guess they're good.

c)Travel costs are paid per car. The cost is £1 per km traveled. I've estimated earlier that if the car goes from race to race without returning to the factory, it works out to roughly £5 000 per car for the European races and £20 000 if the trip to Sebring is made. The catch is that upgrades can only be made at the team base.

d) Grid sizes will be the same as last season, and therefore depend on the track length. Monaco stays at 20 cars, while the minimum for other circuits is 22 cars for a circuit of 3-4 km. The grid gains two cars for every further km, with a maximum of 34 (reached from 9km onwards).

Therefore:
Monaco - 20 cars
Zandvoort - 24 cars
Spa - 34 cars
Reims - 32 cars
Silverstone - 24 cars
Nürburgring - 34 cars
Bremgarten - 30 cars
Monza - 28 cars
Sebring - 32 cars

FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

tommykl wrote:Alright, so I've decided that if a customer team decides to buy a package with a set price, they don't have to wait until the seller agrees. If later on the seller decides not to sell the package, the sale will be reversed (the chassis/engine returns to the manufacturer and the customer team gets a refund), but the package bought cannot be unmade.

If a package does not have a set price though, manufacturer approvement is needed. Only one such case is currently ongoing, and therefore:

I need FantometteBR to decide whether or not he accepts Balkan Eagle's offer to purchase 3 Maserati 200F engines for £15 000 each.

We do accept that offer
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Tommykl on 2017 F1RWRS thread wrote:OI! Aston still needs some chassis building 63 years ago :lol:

Four chassis will do for now. :D
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Well, seeing as HWM haven't built anything resembling a chassis, Hampshire Racing Alliance will be considering its options.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Salamander wrote:
the Masked Lapwing wrote:

As amazing as it seems, all of those are actual names. So he is making progress in that regard, at least.

Ok then, may i please put Duncan Hamilton into my car then please.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Do i need to specify which number of Jaguar engine i buy? Because i did mention the type? In that case, i'll take #7

Anyway, thanks for Bentley to accept the deal for Pilette. Now Jaguar-Aston, you don't let yourself got beaten by Bentley do you? What you need is a Belgian talented driver! Because having Belgian drivers is hip! (in your case that will be Swaters, or do you prefer De Tornado?) Remember that if you don't accept, then we don't buy any of your cars, i have other options! (And remember that we gave you Trintignant for free!)
Oh yeah, that's what i call negotiating!

And oh, i want to offer Van Brauchitz a contract, as we are nearly sure to compete in Nürburgring (it's close to our team base), and he can provide us with some local knowledge. Also, what is the best available Frenchd driver?
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Aerospeed [JerMcC] wrote:
Tommykl on 2017 F1RWRS thread wrote:OI! Aston still needs some chassis building 63 years ago :lol:

Four chassis will do for now. :D

Now all I need is the model name and how much it will cost ;)

This wrote:Do i need to specify which number of Jaguar engine i buy? Because i did mention the type? In that case, i'll take #7

Anyway, thanks for Bentley to accept the deal for Pilette. Now Jaguar-Aston, you don't let yourself got beaten by Bentley do you? What you need is a Belgian talented driver! Because having Belgian drivers is hip! (in your case that will be Swaters, or do you prefer De Tornado?) Remember that if you don't accept, then we don't buy any of your cars, i have other options! (And remember that we gave you Trintignant for free!)
Oh yeah, that's what i call negotiating!

And oh, i want to offer Van Brauchitz a contract, as we are nearly sure to compete in Nürburgring (it's close to our team base), and he can provide us with some local knowledge. Also, what is the best available Frenchd driver?

a) #7 it is
b) You'll have to negociate with Bentley for von Brauchitsch, since they signed him literally yesterday :lol:
c) If Motorsport Bleu don't enter, it's André Simon. If they do finally decide to get off their arses and enter, it's Aldo Gordini.

RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Can I buy a Aston chassis and Jaguar engine in order to run Dries van der Lof in selected races
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

eurobrun wrote:Can I buy a Aston chassis and Jaguar engine in order to run Dries van der Lof in selected races

You only get the Jaguar engine for now, since McClean hasn't posted a price for the Aston chassis yet :P Also, you haven't specified which Jaguar engine you're buying. Numbers 6, 8 and 9 are the three still available.

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Jaguar will like to build two more engines. BUT, these engines will not be sold outright to anyone. Instead, we'll be leasing these two engines out to privateer teams who can't afford to buy a car outright for $3000 per event. The other two engines in our factory can also be leased out under a similar program.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

tommykl wrote:
eurobrun wrote:Can I buy a Aston chassis and Jaguar engine in order to run Dries van der Lof in selected races

You only get the Jaguar engine for now, since McClean hasn't posted a price for the Aston chassis yet :P Also, you haven't specified which Jaguar engine you're buying. Numbers 6, 8 and 9 are the three still available.

I'll take engine 8.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

tommykl wrote:
This wrote:

a) #7 it is
b) You'll have to negociate with Bentley for von Brauchitsch, since they signed him literally yesterday :lol:
c) If Motorsport Bleu don't enter, it's André Simon. If they do finally decide to get off their arses and enter, it's Aldo Gordini.

Nevermind then. :lol: I just tried cashing in on a driver you mentioned as available, but someone was faster than me. I'll see what i will do, there's still plenty of time, and plenty of obscure german drivers.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

tommykl wrote:

In case you're wondering, Tommy, the chassis is named the AM-04.

Secondly, I can confirm Trintignant, Bettenhausen and Gonzalez as the drivers for '53 while the fourth chassis and engine combo will be left as spares. (For now.)

Eurobrun, are you hoping to use chassis from Aston from previous years? Or from this year?
Trulli bad puns...
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Then it's an Aston Martin AM-04 for me. To continue the rejectful path of ENB, we will run the cars as an Aston-Martin-Bentley and a Bentley-Jaguar. Who knows, it might work.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

tommykl wrote:

In case you're wondering, Tommy, the chassis is named the AM-04.

Secondly, I can confirm Trintignant, Bettenhausen and Gonzalez as the drivers for '53 while the fourth chassis and engine combo will be left as spares. (For now.)

Eurobrun, are you hoping to use chassis from Aston from previous years? Or from this year?

He can only use this year's chassis, since the system I've come up with basically simulates rule changes. You still need to set a price for your chassis, and ENB would like to purchase one of them as well.

Shadaza

Re: F1WRCR 1953 season - Constructor and customer entries op

Post by Shadaza »

Team Ultimate Rental Policy

Team Ultimate are prepared to allow budding customer teams the most affordable access to Formula 1! The second Ultimate car, the 002b can be entered into an European round for as little as £500!

If you wish to enter a full race ready package of Chassis, tires and engine, for just £1500 you can enter a full spec Ultimate-OSCA package.

Of course, entering motorsport has it's risks, to access the equipment, a £22,000 deposit must be made on the chassis and a further £20,000 if an engine is also purchased. On the completion of a weekend, should the car remain undamaged, the deposit shall be returned.

Should for whatever reason, Team Ultimate withdraw the 002b then your deposit and entry fee will be returned, along with free entry to another European round of your choice. Failing that, £1000 of compensation will be paid.

(I take it such deals are allowed? There is so much potential from this new financial mini-economy!)
Last edited by Shadaza on 22 Jul 2013, 18:31, edited 3 times in total.
Message me on Discord.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

tommykl wrote:
Aerospeed [JerMcC] wrote:In case you're wondering, Tommy, the chassis is named the AM-04.

He can only use this year's chassis, since the system I've come up with basically simulates rule changes. You still need to set a price for your chassis, and ENB would like to purchase one of them as well.

So I set a price, then the teams pay it and we build the chassis, and give it to them? Or is this fee the cost of having the teams "build" their chassis?

(Also, how much does it cost to build a chassis for my own use?)
Trulli bad puns...
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Maserati might apply also Mike Hawthorn to a possible part-time deal if he is still available
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Shadaza wrote:Team Ultimate Rental Policy

Team Ultimate are prepared to allow budding customer teams the most affordable access to Formula 1! The second Ultimate car, the 002b can be entered into an European round for as little as £500!

If you wish to enter a full race ready package of Chassis, tires and engine, for just £1500 you can enter a full spec Ultimate-OSCA package.

Of course, entering motorsport has it's risks, to access the equipment, a £20,000 deposit must be made on the chassis and a further £20,000 if an engine is also purchased. On the completion of a weekend, should the car remain undamaged, the deposit shall be returned.

Should for whatever reason, Team Ultimate withdraw the 002b then your deposit and entry fee will be returned, along with free entry to another European round of your choice. Failing that, £1000 of compensation will be paid.

(I take it such deals are allowed? There is so much potential from this new financial mini-economy!)

Any type of deal is allowed, as long as it isn't blatantly cheating. However, for practical reasons, would Team Ultimate pay the transport costs or would the renting team do so?

tommykl wrote:
Aerospeed [JerMcC] wrote:In case you're wondering, Tommy, the chassis is named the AM-04.

So I set a price, then the teams pay it and we build the chassis, and give it to them? Or is this fee the cost of having the teams "build" their chassis?

(Also, how much does it cost to build a chassis for my own use?)

Well, you can build the chassis before or after you sell, it doesn't make much of a difference, but that's essentially it. The costs shown on the front page are design and building costs. The manufacturer decides on the price at which it sells the chassis or engine to customers, usually more expensive in order to make up the design costs, which, you makes sense :P

Building a chassis for your own use is the same as building one for a customer, only that customers pay you for the chassis. In your case, it's £25 000 to build one chassis.

FantometteBR wrote:Maserati might apply also Mike Hawthorn to a possible part-time deal if he is still available

You'll have to deal with pasta, since Hawthorn drives for Bentley.

Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

tommykl wrote:Building a chassis for your own use is the same as building one for a customer, only that customers pay you for the chassis. In your case, it's £25 000 to build one chassis.

Thanks for the info. I seem to have finally wrapped my head around this system. :) And it looks very good!

With that, I announce that Aston chassis are for sale for 50k. The price is negotiable.
Trulli bad puns...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

FantometteBR wrote:Maserati might apply also Mike Hawthorn to a possible part-time deal if he is still available

Mike Hawthorn is a contracted Bentley driver, and as such is not available for any races to drive for any other team. Sorry.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

tommykl wrote:Building a chassis for your own use is the same as building one for a customer, only that customers pay you for the chassis. In your case, it's £25 000 to build one chassis.

Thanks for the info. I seem to have finally wrapped my head around this system. :) And it looks very good!

With that, I announce that Aston chassis are for sale for 50k. The price is negotiable.

Well, you've already got buyers in ENB and Asso di Fiori, so negotiate all you want :)

Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

tommykl wrote:

Of course, entering motorsport has it's risks, to access the equipment, a £20,000 deposit must be made on the chassis and a further £20,000 if an engine is also purchased. On the completion of a weekend, should the car remain undamaged, the deposit shall be returned.

Any type of deal is allowed, as long as it isn't blatantly cheating. However, for practical reasons, would Team Ultimate pay the transport costs or would the renting team do so?

Team Ultimate will pay transport costs.
Is there any chance that cars can malfunction or crash during practice/qualifying? It never was an issue in the prebudget series but I am curious to see if this could be an issue here. The second chassis is really a spare incase something happens to the first.
Message me on Discord.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Shadaza wrote:
tommykl wrote:

Team Ultimate will pay transport costs.
Is there any chance that cars can malfunction or crash during practice/qualifying? It never was an issue in the prebudget series but I am curious to see if this could be an issue here. The second chassis is really a spare incase something happens to the first.

Not really. Car trouble is often used as an excuse for a pathetic performance in qualifying, but since the way I work it out basically turns qualifying into a one-lap shootout, I don't think reliability would be an issue.

In short: no damage occurs to cars in qualifying.

FMecha

Post by FMecha »

To build extra engines, do we need to pay extra fees? Because people are doing that. :?

Remember, we would like to sign Gunther Bechem. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

FMecha wrote:To build extra engines, do we need to pay extra fees? Because people are doing that. :?

Remember, we would like to sign Gunther Bechem. :)

Well, you have to pay to build it, you only make money off it if people decide to buy the wretched thing :lol: