F2RWRS - The feeder category of the F1RWRS

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F2RWRS - The feeder category of the F1RWRS

Post by SuperAguri »

Prince Falik wrote:Yes, yes, it is I, the great prince Falik, and the Falik Arrows team have a place for a reserve driver, yes, yes, yes, so if any of you young drivers want at least one gauranteed drive this season then apply now, just send $250 as an application fee along with your racing CV and who knows maybe you will be celebrating on the podium, yes, yes, yes. Do not delay, send today, yes, yes, yes!
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

I approve of this livery - it's exactly how I wanted it to be.
I like the checkerboard on the nosecone, and coat of arms placement - can't be more visible :D
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

On TMLW's advice I changed the red parts of the car to the lighter blue and suddenly it worked as a livery :D
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Can you confirm the calendar for this season so I can put it on the F1Alternate wiki?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

JeremyMcClean wrote:Can you confirm the calendar for this season so I can put it on the F1Alternate wiki?

The problem is I can't confirm the calender until Aerond confirms the calender for the F1RWRS.

However I CAN confirm that the season ending race for next year will be the Fedex 100 at the IMS and it probably will be the double header with either Montreal or Detroit. All the remaining rounds will probably be in Europe including a round at Istanbul.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Wizzie wrote:Image

On TMLW's advice I changed the red parts of the car to the lighter blue and suddenly it worked as a livery :D

Thank you very much :D
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Thanks to the eccentricities of the software many teams can run two completely different liveries BUT for now, we're just going to run with one main livery per team.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Falik Arrows
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

That looks fantastic. Thanks Wizzie :)
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Beirao Portugal

Trueba

And with that all the liveries are now complete :D
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Wizzie wrote:Image

Beirao Portugal

It looks fantastic and you guys made the colours work! Thanks!
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

F2RWRS Federal Express 100 - Qualifying

1. H. Shioya (KitKat): 43.729
2. J. Reuckert (Hydook): +0.392
3. A. Cara (Beirao): +0.537
4. R. Vantini (Falik Arrows): +0.551
5. G. Okorie (KitKat): +0.628
6. M. Simon (MRT): +0.645
7. A. Bosevic (Hydook): +0.741
8. A. Marchesi (Aston Martin): +0.763
9. M. Macklin (MRT): +0.790
10. M. Bizzari (Trueba): +0.812
11. N. Bellic (Rising Ashes): +0.815
12. W. Lamberigts (Gillet): +0.828
13. M. Robertson (Simpson): +0.901
14. A. Kremnicky (Aston Martin): +0.941
15. T. Nash (Young Lions): +0.944
16. G. Liquor (Young Lions): +0.990
17. S. Morgan (Falik Arrows): +1.005
18. L. Seron (Gillet): +1.135
19. T. Jason (Rising Ashes): +1.137
20. D. Anderson (Simpson): +1.142
21. C. Lopes (Beirao): +1.405
22. D. Lei (Trueba): +1.845

TMLW and I will try and deconstruct this, to be honest, confusing qualifying session in the race broadcast.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Prince Falik wrote:Rosco Vantini will be disappointed at his performance, he knows he should have been 2nd at least, he made too many small mistakes unbefitting to the current Italian F3 champion. I hope he gets the car on the poium. As for Sani Morgan, 17th is not good enough, he should be in the top half of the field at least. Anything less then a top 10 finish tomorrow will be seen as a failure, yes, yes.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Did anything become of Jason Hamilton's HRT test
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

eurobrun wrote:Did anything become of Jason Hamilton's HRT test

Err... I should get around to finishing that...
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Wow, the Kit Kat is fast! At least there...
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Time to give you a sneak preview of the race. So far I've just passed half distance, the race coverage alone is over 40 minutes long so far without including all the pre-race and post-race extras, there are three guys in with a shot of the win on three completely different strategies and attrition is reeking havoc in the field. :D
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ok. The race is now finished but do you people want me to post the results now or after we finish editing the full race video?
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

I think you know the answer... RESULTS! NOW! (please). That's what I do with the REECCS - post the results just after the race finish and then make the video, though the F2RWRS race highlights may be better to watch without knowing the result - compared to the REECCS, where the whole point of the highlights video is to show the crashes and perhaps show the winner crossing the line at the end.
This is a cool spot.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

MinardiFan95 wrote:I think you know the answer... RESULTS! NOW! (please). That's what I do with the REECCS - post the results just after the race finish and then make the video, though the F2RWRS race highlights may be better to watch without knowing the result - compared to the REECCS, where the whole point of the highlights video is to show the crashes and perhaps show the winner crossing the line at the end.

Umm... this isn't a highlights video. It's a full blown race day coverage for our IST assignment. :lol:

And besides first I've got to figure out why Movie Maker is hating me right now :|
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Wizzie wrote:Umm... this isn't a highlights video. It's a full blown race day coverage for our IST assignment. :lol:

And besides first I've got to figure out why Movie Maker is hating me right now :|

Woah, definitely wasn't expecting full race coverage. In that case, don't post the results until the video is up - it'd be like taping a F1 race only to turn the TV on to see the results on the news (which has happened to me many times).

Also, if it's a class presentation for the IST assignment, don't bore the class like I did with my 47 page presentation on Gran Turismo (although that had more to do with the fact that the class mainly consisted of Xbox fanboys :lol: ).
This is a cool spot.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

MinardiFan95 wrote:
Wizzie wrote:Umm... this isn't a highlights video. It's a full blown race day coverage for our IST assignment. :lol:

Woah, definitely wasn't expecting full race coverage. In that case, don't post the results until the video is up - it'd be like taping a F1 race only to turn the TV on to see the results on the news (which has happened to me many times).

Also, if it's a class presentation for the IST assignment, don't bore the class like I did with my 47 page presentation on Gran Turismo (although that had more to do with the fact that the class mainly consisted of Xbox fanboys :lol: ).

I'm sure they'd be glad to spend a period not doing work (or presenting their own videos/games/attempts at programming a calculator) :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
MinardiFan95 wrote:Also, if it's a class presentation for the IST assignment, don't bore the class like I did with my 47 page presentation on Gran Turismo (although that had more to do with the fact that the class mainly consisted of Xbox fanboys :lol: ).

I'm sure they'd be glad to spend a period not doing work (or presenting their own videos/games/attempts at programming a calculator) :lol:

Given that the rest of the class had to present their presentations in the same double period, they weren't too glad about it (judging from the very slow forced clap at the end). I only got to show about 10 slides, (including a video of a Gallardo at the Top Gear Test Track that someone thought was real footage from the show) because I ran out of time.
This is a cool spot.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

That is a far cry from my time. When we presented something that we took off/based in video games we were already accused of being geeks and nerds and whatever. People said that, knowing us, it had to be about video games or anime. Back then, not many people had computers and when they had, parents forbade kids from playing (yep, that really happened). Video consoles were even rarer. We didn't mind. We were different and, by the looks of it, ahead of our time in my country. 8-) :geek:
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

DanielPT wrote:Back then, not many people had computers and when they had, parents forbade kids from playing (yep, that really happened). Video consoles were even rarer. We didn't mind. We were different and, by the looks of it, ahead of our time in my country. 8-) :geek:

Sounds about the same experience I had (and judging by another thread, you and I are a similar age.) Computers were educational tools, for spelling games (and I nearly spelt spelling wrong with two e's and 1 l...), graphs and essays etc. While the only games console that anybody seemed to have was the Gameboy....
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Autosport wrote:F1 Rejects Council release provisional F2RWRS calender

The F1 Rejects Council announced earlier today that they've announced a provisional 15 race calender for the F2RWRS. Many of the rounds are expected to be support races for the F1RWRS but there are several other categories the series will support including the unexpected, and unprecedented, decision for the series to support the Formula One Hungarian Grand Prix at the Hungaroring, and again at the Italian Grand Prix at the Monza circuit marking the first time the two premier open wheeler categories of the world have had any collaboration with each other since the split in 2010. The calender is expected to be as follows but several rounds are still provisional:

1. F2RWRS Turkish Grand Prix - Istanbul Park (Standalone event)
2. F2RWRS Monaco Grand Prix - Monaco(F1RWRS Monaco Grand Prix)
3. F2RWRS French Grand Prix* Note 1
4. F2RWRS British Grand Prix* Note 1
5. F2RWRS Red Bull Austrian Grand Prix - Red Bull Ring (DTM Round)
6. F2RWRS German Grand Prix - Norisring (F1RWRS Bavarian Grand Prix)
7. F2RWRS Dutch Grand Prix- Zandvoort (F1RWRS Dutch Grand Prix)
8. F2RWRS Belgian Grand Prix- Spa Francorchamps (F1RWRS Belgian Grand Prix)
9. F2RWRS Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring (Formula One Hungarian Grand Prix)
10. F2RWRS Czech Grand Prix* Note 2
11. F2RWRS Portuguese Grand Prix - Estoril (F1RWRS Portuguese Grand Prix)
12. F2RWRS Spanish Grand Prix - Jerez (Standalone event)
13. F2RWRS Italian Grand Prix - Monza (Formula One Santander Italian Grand Prix)
14. F2RWRS Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal (Standalone event)
15. F2RWRS Federal Express 100 - Indianapolis (F1RWRS Budweiser 500)

*Provisional event
1: The French and British Grand Prixs are subject to the tracks that the F1RWRS will be going to for 2014
2: The Czech Grand Prix is subject to contract negotiations. If the race is to go ahead, it would serve as a support race to the WTCC round at Brno.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Oi, according to Aerond, there will be a Monza race in the F1RWRS, so we might as well run support for that race.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Wizzie wrote:
Autosport wrote:F1 Rejects Council release provisional F2RWRS calender

The F1 Rejects Council announced earlier today that they've announced a provisional 15 race calender for the F2RWRS. Many of the rounds are expected to be support races for the F1RWRS but there are several other categories the series will support including the unexpected, and unprecedented, decision for the series to support the Formula One Hungarian Grand Prix at the Hungaroring, and again at the Italian Grand Prix at the Monza circuit marking the first time the two premier open wheeler categories of the world have had any collaboration with each other since the split in 2010. The calender is expected to be as follows but several rounds are still provisional:

1. F2RWRS Turkish Grand Prix - Istanbul Park (Standalone event)
2. F2RWRS Monaco Grand Prix - Monaco(F1RWRS Monaco Grand Prix)
3. F2RWRS French Grand Prix* Note 1
4. F2RWRS British Grand Prix* Note 1
5. F2RWRS Red Bull Austrian Grand Prix - Red Bull Ring (DTM Round)
6. F2RWRS German Grand Prix - Norisring (F1RWRS Bavarian Grand Prix)
7. F2RWRS Dutch Grand Prix- Zandvoort (F1RWRS Dutch Grand Prix)
8. F2RWRS Belgian Grand Prix- Spa Francorchamps (F1RWRS Belgian Grand Prix)
9. F2RWRS Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring (Formula One Hungarian Grand Prix)
10. F2RWRS Czech Grand Prix* Note 2
11. F2RWRS Portuguese Grand Prix - Estoril (F1RWRS Portuguese Grand Prix)
12. F2RWRS Spanish Grand Prix - Jerez (Standalone event)
13. F2RWRS Italian Grand Prix - Monza (Formula One Santander Italian Grand Prix)
14. F2RWRS Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal (Standalone event)
15. F2RWRS Federal Express 100 - Indianapolis (F1RWRS Budweiser 500)

*Provisional event
1: The French and British Grand Prixs are subject to the tracks that the F1RWRS will be going to for 2014
2: The Czech Grand Prix is subject to contract negotiations. If the race is to go ahead, it would serve as a support race to the WTCC round at Brno.

French GP is happening at Paul Ricard (don´t know if mid 80´s or early 90´s layout, British is happening at Brands Hatch. Portuguese GP will not happen at all, as it will be replaced by Monza.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Both to bump this thread back on the first page and to give DanielPT time to get himself a possible replacement for these events: what F2RWRS dates will collide with the Mediteranean and Chinese F1RWRS Grands Prix?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Mediterranean: None
Chinese: Possibly Canada.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Is there any way to save the Portuguese GP? Like swapping the venue from Estoril to Portimão?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

The F2RWRS Portuguese GP is staying for this year but next year it may be replaced by either a race in South America or another race in the US. And no, I can't switch it to Portimao because I don't think that a GP4 version of the track has been made
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

F2RWRS Pre-Season Testing Calender
February 16th-17th - Jerez, Spain
February 25th-26th - Barcelona, Spain

As for the F1RWRS Indy 500 coverage, we hope to get it done within the next 2 weeks but we already have 2 highlights videos complete (One to feature at the end of the coverage, one for separate release).
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

So is the calendar on the wiki page confirmed then?
Trulli bad puns...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

F2RWRS Jerez Test - Day 1

With many of the F1RWRS drivers and team owners staying the extra two days to watch some of the best young talents the world has to offer pound their way around the Jerez circuit. Initially the morning started off damp but by mid afternoon the track was bone dry and incredibly fast. Many were amazed by the sheer pace of the F2RWRS cars compared to the cars on offer in the main game. Infact, the top 3 drivers by day's end (Tanner Jason and the two MRTs) set times that would have put them 3rd, 4th and 5th at the end of the F1RWRS test and many other drivers set times that under most circumstances would have instantly put the entire F1RWRS field on notice. Other than that there were no major incidents to report except for Marie Simon having a brief off-track excursion and Rosco Vantini having an early suspension failure which meant he missed most of the morning running.

1. T. Jason (Rising Ashes): 1:27.154
2. M. Simon (MRT): +0.343
3. M. Macklin (MRT): +0.392
4. A. Kremnicky (Aston Martin): +1.467
5. A. Cara (Beirao): +1.597
6. J. Reuckert (Hydook): +1.693
7. M. Bizzari (Trueba): +1.765
8. A. Marchesi (Aston Martin): +1.783
9. R. Vantini (Falik Arrows): +2.061
10. A. Bosevic (Hydook): +2.137
11. N. Bellic (Rising Ashes): +2.423
12. H. Shioya (KitKat): +2.437
13. M. Robertson (Simpson): +2.446
14. G. Liquor (Young Lions): +2.860
15. T. Nash (Young Lions): +3.107
16. D. Anderson (Simpson): +3.125
17. D. Lei (Trueba): +3.323
18. L. Seron (Gillet): +3.800
19. S. Morgan (Falik Arrows): +3.901
20. C. Lopes (Beirao): +3.965
21. W. Lamberigts (Gillet): +4.241
22. G. Okorie (KitKat): +4.843
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Wizzie wrote:F2RWRS Jerez Test - Day 1

Many were amazed by the sheer pace of the F2RWRS cars compared to the cars on offer in the main game. Infact, the top 3 drivers by day's end (Tanner Jason and the two MRTs) set times that would have put them 3rd, 4th and 5th at the end of the F1RWRS test and many other drivers set times that under most circumstances would have instantly put the entire F1RWRS field on notice. Other than that there were no major incidents to report except for Marie Simon having a brief off-track excursion and Rosco Vantini having an early suspension failure which meant he missed most of the morning running.

It´s no secret that any young driver is capable of running this easy-to-tune, modern cars, we´ll see when it comes to drive the reject cars! :lol:
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Anton Bosevic wrote:We had some grip issues earlier during this session, but thankfully solved it soon enough to go for a short stint and set some fast laps.
Johannes seems to be well adapted to his new car and keeps surprising us with his remarkable results. I can't wait for the season to begin!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Aerond wrote:
Wizzie wrote:F2RWRS Jerez Test - Day 1

Many were amazed by the sheer pace of the F2RWRS cars compared to the cars on offer in the main game. Infact, the top 3 drivers by day's end (Tanner Jason and the two MRTs) set times that would have put them 3rd, 4th and 5th at the end of the F1RWRS test and many other drivers set times that under most circumstances would have instantly put the entire F1RWRS field on notice. Other than that there were no major incidents to report except for Marie Simon having a brief off-track excursion and Rosco Vantini having an early suspension failure which meant he missed most of the morning running.

It´s no secret that any young driver is capable of running this easy-to-tune, modern cars, we´ll see when it comes to drive the reject cars! :lol:

Your protege Nathan Scott was TWO SECONDS slower than Tanner Jason. And he's driving last year's championship winning car for HWNSNBM's sake :lol:

EDIT: Interestingly, I've always had a ridiculously hard time trying to set up the car during initial shakedown testing. It always kept giving me massive slow-speed understeer and high-speed oversteer which ended up eating through the tyres like no tomorrow as a result and it took an age to try and solve the problem. Once I did though, the car's a rocketship.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Brett Johnson, Team Principal of Aston Martin wrote:I'm very pleased with the results so far. Hopefully this valuable data will improve the car even more than it already has this pre-season. We can't wait for the season to start and Andrej and Alessandro are becoming very talented drivers. So we shall go into the first race of the season hoping to score points, but I can't assume anything until the season starts.
Trulli bad puns...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

F2RWRS Jerez Test - Day 2

Race stints were the order of the day and, as they always proved to be in the past, chaos ensured, especially because of the many showers that swept the area which made the track incredibly slippery and forced the teams to alternate between the intermediates and dry tyres all day. Not that Marie Simon knew much about it as an early puncture ripped the right rear suspension off her car putting her out for the day. The tricky conditions caught many people out as they tried to find the limit on track including a comical collision between the two HRTs and Catarina Lopes. Strangely, for a day which shouldn't put as much strain on mechanical components, several teams had mechanical issues including Micharl Roberston and Rosco Vantini both having BMW engines barbequing themselves, Tommy Nash having a front wheel come loose, Anton Bosevic's throttle giving the team trouble and Niko Bellic's transmission giving way on his final lap of the day.

1. A. Cara (Beirao): 1:29.405
2. A. Kremnicky (Aston Martin): +0.174
3. R. Vantini (Falik Arrows): +0.557
4. W. Lamberigts (Gillet): +1.159
5. L. Seron (Gillet): +1.629
6. M. Macklin (MRT): +1.878
7. J. Reuckert (Hydook): +2.269
8. N. Bellic (Rising Ashes): +2.757
9. G. Liquor (Young Lions): +3.224
10. A. Marchesi (Aston Martin): +3.677
11. T. Nash (Young Lions): +3.696
12. D. Lei (Trueba): +3.899
13. T. Jason (Rising Ashes): +4.045
14. H. Shioya (KitKat): +4.073
15. M. Robertson (Simpson): +4.347
16. M. Bizzari (Trueba): +4.429
17. G. Okorie (KitKat): +4.962
18. D. Anderson (Simpson): +4.975
19. A. Bosevic (Hydook): +5.061
20. C. Lopes (Beirao): +5.235
21. M. Simon (MRT): +7.070
22. S. Morgan (Falik Arrows): +7.158