F3RWRS - Yet another feeder series

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
AdrianSutil

Re: F3RWRS - Yet another feeder series

Post by AdrianSutil »

Right, time to sort this. I get easily confused.

Mackintosh, Valsattis and Pchelintsev are part of the main team. Once Neuberg joins up with the main team at round 5, he will be replaced by another driver in the junior team who I'll announce at the time.

AndreaModa: Unfortunately, this means I'll be recalling Neuberg from your Jones Racing team immediately. Sorry mate.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Former F1RWRS team Virgin Inter Corse will start fresh in the 2015 F3RWRS with an all new lineup. After a string of DNPQs in 2012, the team has a new professional approach which should ensure far superior results in this new venture.

"Aye, well, I took some anger management classes so things should work out better this time," said team principal Alasdair Lindsay. "I must admit to everyone, I went AWOL from the team as a wis in rehab fur various drink and drug addictions. It wis a mess, but now am back and ready tae run the team properly this time."

The Inter Milan team will once again recieve backing from Virgin Group, Pirelli & Telecom Italia Mobile, with Nike & Sonax official suppliers to the team.

Virgin Inter Corse will also introduce two brand new drivers to the series next season. Here's a quick bio of each;

69 RAGNAR LARSEN
AGE 19
ORIGIN Sverige
HISTORY 2013 Scandinavian FF1600RWRS - Champion; 2014 World Series by Renault RWRS - 5th (current)

Ragnar Larsen is a young superstar in the making. After making his way through Karting at both national and European level, he returned to his homeland to compete in Formula Ford - and quickly became champion. He has impressed this season in the Renault World Series and has been rewarded with a drive for Virgin Inter Corse for his first time in F3RWRS.
Ragnar Larsen wrote:This is a great opportunity for me to further my career. I hope to score some podiums or even a win in my first season. And the title? I think maybe to win this first time is too ambitious a target, but we will see. I have confidence in the team.

70 STEFAN KUNTZ
AGE 26
ORIGIN Deutschland
HISTORY 2011 WTCC (SEAT) - 13th; 2012 WTCC (SEAT) - 9th; 2013 AutoGP - 2nd; 2014 FR2.0RWRS - 6th (current)

Stefan Kuntz has had a rather unusual career progression - after moving to the UK in his early teens he started driving in the Ginetta Juniors, followed by the G50s. A couple of good seasons in BTCC led to a customer SEAT drive, but after so-so results switched to single seaters series AutoGP, finishing an impressive 2nd in the championship with 3 race wins. After stepping up to Formula Renault 2.0, he has a good season, and will make his next step up the motorsport ladder with Virgin Inter Corse.
Virgin Inter Corse may be a new team, but they seem to have a solid base to work up from. Hopefully I will get good results for the team even though it will be my first season.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Joel Melrose, the much younger, faster, more aggressive and more hot-headed brother of Daniel, is interested in taking the spare Jones Racing seat for Brands Hatch.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Melrose can have it, on the condition that he brings some funds to the team! :)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Is sponsorship from Dairy Farmers and Swift and Shift Couriers good enough?
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Phoenix McAllister wrote:Hillary, you suck. Yet again. There's your foot on the door...

Hillary King wrote:Please no! This is a vent for my many frustrations...

Judd McAllister wrote:Have some Red Bull, man.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Wizzie wrote:Is sponsorship from Dairy Farmers and Swift and Shift Couriers good enough?

That will go down a treat! He's confirmed!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Round 2 - Laguna Seca - Race 2

1st: Jason Hamilton (ZimSport): 10:53.28 (9 laps)
2nd: Renaldo Jiménez (JLD): +3.28
3rd: David Neuberg (MA-Junior): +3.92
4th: Iulian Pitea (Dofasco): +5.57
5th: Joe Harmsky (Shonan): +7.37
6th: Carter Simpson (ZimSport): +8.02
7th: João António Soares (Porto Wine): +10.21
8th: Hendra Naufal (Team Asia): +15.49
9th: Michael Cameron (Prospec): +18.04
10th: Shane Walsh (ZombieKart): +18.92
11th: Ryan Zimmer (ZimSport): +25.93
12th: Jean-Vincent Albertini (Albertini): +27.13
13th: Tomo Kazama (Prospec): +29.95
14th: Roberto Zayas (ZombieKart): +30.82
15th: Eric Swerts (Jones): +1 LAP
16th: Yuka Katayama (Falik): +1 LAP
17th: Jack Christopherson Jr (Christopherson): +1 LAP
18th: Akinjide Ezerioha (Falik): +1 LAP
19th: Terry Hawkin (Jones): +1 LAP
20th: Antonio Reyna-Sanchez (JLD): +2 LAPS
21st: Humbert Moyenmoutier (ZombieKart): +2 LAPS
22nd: Dorien Lamberigts (Lotus): +2 LAPS
23rd: Judd McAllister (Team Phoenix): +3 LAPS
24th: Hillary King (Team Phoenix): +3 LAPS
25th: Kim Lee-Wang (Team Asia): +3 LAPS
DNF: José Maria Cabral (Porto Wine): Collision (L3)
DNF: Joao Cavalcanti (JLD): Collision (L3)
DNF: Massimiliano Torbani (MA-Junior): Collision (L3)
DNF: Alberto Donegro (Tociclao): Collision (L3)
DNF: Andoni Urrutia (Tociclao): Collision (L3)
Fastest lap: Jason Hamilton (1:12.07)

Predictably, it was the three quick cars in that accident in race 1 that took charge, although Iulian Pitea earned some kudos for keeping pace all race. Joe Harmsky also did well, and Carter Simpson picked up the final point, having found the best way through the field (only Michael Cameron did as well, ultimately starting three spots behind Simpson made the difference). Everyone from Swerts in 15th down were involved in incidents, mostly at the Corkscrew, trying to either fight through the slower traffic, or not being very gracious. Quite a few learnt the hard, and none more so than Andoni Urrutia, who made a very dumb "Will-I-make-the-pass-maybe-I-shouldn't-oh-bugger-I-hit-him"-type move on Cavalcanti that took them both out, and the chain reaction not only spread backwards, removing Torbani from the race and McAllister from contention, but it went forwards too, as cars went every which way. End result: he indirectly took out his teammate too. Cabral got involved too, and Lee-Wang had to pit for damage repairs, losing too much time to stay in race 3.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Jason Hamilton wrote:YEEEEEAH (opens bottle of champagne and sprays it all over the Zimsport pits)
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

El Jonan said:

Great! I told my drivers to do some training playing Destruction Derby and they´ve learnt a lot. Good job!! Let´s go party!!
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Jean-Vincent Albertini wrote:Not zo good, but still I have thzerd raze ahead.
Rhyan waz fast and he didn't want to let meh past.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

i am slightly dissapointed with Garfünkel, so his seat might become available if he's doesn't improve his form.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:i am slightly dissapointed with Garfünkel, so his seat might become available if he's doesn't improve his form.

Virgin Inter Corse are interested in placing Ragnar Larsen at Lotus to prepare him for the 2015 season. Sponsorship money from Virgin & Pirelli is available if necessary.

Image Image
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Phoenix McAllister wrote:Hillary! I bet the crash at the first corner was all your fault!

Hillary King wrote:But... but...

Judd McAllister wrote:*slurps some Red Bull* But dad, it was one of those Tociclao canis who caused the crash.

Phoenix McAllister wrote:*Takes a look at a replay* True... but I'll keep watching you, man. I'm going to tell those Vasque idiots a few things...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

kostas22 wrote:Sponsorship money from Virgin & Pirelli is available if necessary.

Slight problem with that. You see, midway through last season in the F1RWRS, MRT's marketing department pulled off a major coup by signing Virgin as MRT's title sponsor for 2014 and beyond and as an extension of that, since JLD Motorsport is running drivers on behalf of MRT for 2014, Virgin is sponsoring the JLD cars. MRT is also entering a car for Joel Melrose at the Surfers SuperPrix at the end of the year before a full scale effort for him in 2015.

Translation: I should have pointed this out earlier but your proposed team is dead in the water. :lol:

However, MRT will be more than happy to expand from the proposed one car effort to three cars next year to accommodate your two drivers.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

[message deleted]
Last edited by DemocalypseNow on 20 Dec 2011, 02:10, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Wizzie wrote:Translation: I should have pointed this out earlier but your proposed team is dead in the water. :lol:

ORLY?

Image Image
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

The German company Schaeffler Group, known for having purchased tire manufacturer Continental, has sponsored Martin Tomcyzk's title winning DTM car in 2011. One of their brands is "FAG". "FAG Intercourse" should suffice. :lol:

In exchange for this information you explain to me why you name your drivers after football players of all things.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Klon wrote:The German company Schaeffler Group, known for having purchased tire manufacturer Continental, has sponsored Martin Tomcyzk's title winning DTM car in 2011. One of their brands is "FAG". "FAG Intercourse" should suffice. :lol:

In exchange for this information you explain to me why you name your drivers after football players of all things.

I don't name all of them after football players. Just two of them. Because they happen to have somewhat innuendo-like names. Think about it...Carsten JANCKER...Stefan KUNTZ...geddit?

Also, having someone called Stefan Kuntz driving for FAG Inter Corse is a bit redundant don't you think?

Image Image
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

kostas22 wrote:
Klon wrote:The German company Schaeffler Group, known for having purchased tire manufacturer Continental, has sponsored Martin Tomcyzk's title winning DTM car in 2011. One of their brands is "FAG". "FAG Intercourse" should suffice. :lol:

I don't name all of them after football players. Just two of them. Because they happen to have somewhat innuendo-like names. Think about it...Carsten JANCKER...Stefan KUNTZ...geddit?

Yeah, 11 KUNTZ - I've heard that one recently, was amused. :lol:
the Masked Lapwing

Starting Grid for Race 3

Code: Select all

Pos  Driver                 Avg. Pos.

1    T. Kazama              7
2    R. Zimmer              7
3    C. Simpson             7.5
4    M. Cameron             7.5
5    J. Albertini           8.5
6    Y. Katayama            9
7    E. Swerts              9.5
8    J. Harmsky             12
9    J. Christopherson Jr   12.5
10   S. Walsh               12.5
11   I. Pitea               13

12   T. Hawkin              13
13   J. Hamilton            14
14   D. Neuberg             14.5
15   R. Jimenez             15
16   J. Soares              15.5
17   H. Naufal              16.5
18   J. McAllister          16.5
19   D. Lamberigts          16.5
20   A. Reyna-Sanchez       18
21   H. King                20.5
22   A. Ezerioha            20.5
23   R. Zayas               22
24   H. Moyenmoutier        25
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Scuderia Alitalia announces 2015 plans

After Virgin Inter Corse went into administration recently, former team principal Alasdair Lindsay stepped in and purchased the team, and will resume their racing activities under the new Scuderia Alitalia banner. However, Ragnar Larsen and Stefan Kuntz, who were contracted for F3RWRS in 2015, have not been retained in the move, and will be replaced by Italian duo Alessandro Lucarelli and Gianluigi Pazzini.

"We are in a better place now," said Lindsay. "We are a much more solid team now, and we hope to develop the best young talent for F1RWRS."

Image Image
the Masked Lapwing

You know, there's nothing saying you can't compete this year, even if it is only at Surfers.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:You know, there's nothing saying you can't compete this year, even if it is only at Surfers.

If it means there's a chance Lucarelli or Pazzini can qualify for a superlicense I'd enter as soon as Germany!

BTW, not sure if I specified earlier so I will now - the car is a Dallara-Ferrari, but with the V8 powerplant rebadged as a Lancia...so, Dallara-Lancia.
Last edited by DemocalypseNow on 20 Dec 2011, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

Jason Hamilton wrote:Meh, 13th
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
the Masked Lapwing

kostas22 wrote:
the Masked Lapwing wrote:You know, there's nothing saying you can't compete this year, even if it is only at Surfers.

If it means there's a chance Lucarelli or Pazzini can qualify for a superlicense I'd enter as soon as Germany!

BTW, not sure if I specified earlier so I will now - the car is a Dallara-Ferrari, but with the V8 powerplant rebadged as a Lancia...so, Dallara-Lancia.

OK, so Dallara-Lancia, entered for Germany.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Lotus Development holds silence about the seat of Simon Garfunkel who might be in troubled water.

Also, Lotus development proved to be a hoax and have no money whatsoever, but the team will continue to use the Lotus name, as it is now sponsored by Lotus Bakeries Lotus Professional (yes they finally joined) however the team is now fully in control of RonDen Racing Engineering. But still being stuck with the Mosler-Lincoln chassis and the American nationality, RDRE do not wish to put their name on it this season.
However next year, big plans are to be confirmed. Talks are about setting up a talent programme together with main sponsor Octan, while running privately owned Vaillante-chassis.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

This wrote:with main sponsor Octan

That's an awesome idea!! I wish I'd thought of that! :D

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AndreaModa wrote:
This wrote:with main sponsor Octan

That's an awesome idea!! I wish I'd thought of that! :D

Seconded. I would love to see an Octan based livery in either GP2 or GP4. :D
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Wow, ZombieKart is really awful.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

tristan1117 wrote:Wow, ZombieKart is really awful.

Apart from Shane who's a decent midfielder - almost Heidfeldesque.

And considering how my team did in F1RWRS last year, from Germany onwards I'll probably be the one propping up the back of the grid :lol:

Image Image
the Masked Lapwing

Round 2 - Laguna Seca - Race 3

1st: Michael Cameron (Prospec): 21:03.38 (17 laps)
2nd: Carter Simpson (ZimSport): +1.58
3rd: Tomo Kazama (Prospec): +1.94
4th: Jean-Vincent Albertini (Albertini): +3.00
5th: Ryan Zimmer (ZimSport): +7.23
6th: Joe Harmsky (Shonan): +9.11
7th: Hillary King (Team Phoenix): +9.54
8th: Jack Christopherson Jr (Christopherson): +13.29
9th: Eric Swerts (Jones): +25.29
10th: Terry Hawkin (Jones): +33.05
11th: Dorien Lamberigts (Lotus): +33.83
12th: Joao Antonio Soares (Porto Wine): +45.30
13th: Hendra Naufal (Team Asia): +48.39
14th: Roberto Zayas (ZombieKart): +1 LAP
15th: David Neuberg (MA-Junior): +1 LAP
16th: Renaldo Jimenez (JLD): +1 LAP
17th: Humbert Moyenmoutier (ZombieKart): +1 LAP
18th: Shane Walsh (ZombieKart): +2 LAPS*
19th: Iulian Pitea (Dofasco): +2 LAPS*
DNF: Judd McAllister (Team Phoenix): Out of Fuel (L10)
DNF: Jason Hamilton (ZimSport): Out of Fuel (L9)
DNF: Akinjide Ezerioha (Falik): Collision (L2)
DNF: Antonio Reyna-Sanchez (JLD): Collision (L2)
DNF: Yuka Katayama (Falik): Accident (L1)
Fastest lap: Shane Walsh (1:12.04)

The top two could have, would have have and should have been Shane Walsh and Iulian Pitea, if only they had saved a little more fuel. They took a massive gamble by loading up with extra fuel at the start, but didn't refuel at their stops. The extra time they saved propelled them into the lead, but they ran out a lap and a half from home. This handed victory to Michael Cameron, who made a good start and stayed ahead of everyone else. Carter Simpson took second, ahead of Tomo Kazama, who would take the round win as well. Joe Harmsky had a brilliant race as well, pitting very late in the race and holding off the most improved driver from race 2 to 3, Hillary King. Yuka Katayama ruined a good weekend by throwing it off the track at turn 2 on lap 1, and Antonio Reyna-Sanchez caused a big accident when passing Ezerioha at the Corkscrew on lap 2. Jason Hamilton and Judd McAllister also ran out of fuel, but it was a bit more embarassing for them - they simply missed the pit entry on laps 8 and 9 respectively and didn't have the fuel to get back around.

Round 2 - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Wrap-up
Round Winner: Tomo Kazama - 17 points, 1 win, 1 3rd and pole position.
Kazama proved she'll be a strong force this year, proving that Prospec's speed isn't a fluke. As much as it annoys me, Kay Lon was right, and maybe she'll be a real contender for the title.

Reject of the Weekend: Renaldo Jiménez
His move in race 1 was plain dumb, and although he scored a podium in race 2, he still didn't win, and was a brilliant nowhere in race 3. Only Andoni Urrutia could match him for stupidity.

Infinite Improbablity Drive of the Weekend: Iulian Pitea
Did quite well in race 2, and should have had a top two in race 3.

F3RWRS Championship Standings:

1st: M. Cameron - 33
2nd: J. Hamilton - 24
3rd: J. Albertini - 23
4th: J. Christopherson Jr - 21
5th: T. Kazama - 18
6th: Y. Katayama - 15
7th: R. Zimmer - 14
8th: C. Simpson - 13
9th: T. Hawkin - 12
=10th: D. Lamberigts - 6 (1 2nd, 10th)
=10th: R. Jiménez - 6 (1 2nd, 1 14th)
=12th: E. Swerts - 5 (1 4th)
=12th: J. Harmsky - 5 (1 5th, 1 6th)
=14th: R. Zayas - 4 (1 3rd, 1 13th)
=14th: D. Neuberg - 4 (1 3rd, 1 15th)
=14th: S. Walsh - 4 (1 4th, 1 10th)
17th: I. Pitea - 3
=18th: J. Mayländer - 2 (1 5th)
=18th: A. Urrutia - 2 (1 6th)
=18th: H. King - 2 (1 7th)
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:Reject of the Weekend: Renaldo Jiménez
His move in race 1 was plain dumb, and although he scored a podium in race 2, he still didn't win, and was a brilliant nowhere in race 3. Only Andoni Urrutia could match him for stupidity.

Far out, first time JLD are remotely competitive all year and he STILL gets ROTW for his troubles. :|
RonDenisDeletraz

Jason Hamilton wrote:I'm really pleased about 2nd in the championship considering that Jiminez forgot what the brake was for in race 1.

Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Harmsky scored points? Wow. That's a pleasant surprise.

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Sandeman wrote:12th? Only 12th? Some punishing to be done...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Somehow I read the calendar wrong and completely glanced over Brands Hatch...or I thought Laguna Seca was the third venue...either way, I am announcing Scuderia Alitalia's intention to enter from United Kingdom onwards - if at all possible.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Sammy Jones wrote:Eric has improved a lot this weekend, and I'm delighted he's managed to get his first points of the year. Terry has had a more difficult time, but both have driven well and demonstrated their abilities. With Terry moving up into the F2RWRS temporarily, his seat will be filled by Joel Melrose until Laurent Seron is fit enough to return to driving duties at Gillet, at which point Terry will resume his role at Jones Racing in the F3RWRS.

Terry Hawkin wrote:Well, it's been a pretty average weekend to be honest for myself, I've struggled a little bit with the car, but I'm happy I've made all three races and not been involved in any incidents. A couple of points too would have been nice, but overall it's been a largely positive weekend. I now face a far bigger challenge driving for Gillet in the F2RWRS, starting at Monaco, so all my time will now be focused on preparing for that.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Tomo Kazama wrote:Yeeeeeeah! This rocks! Oh my gosh, what a great weekend! I would like to thank everyone who made this possible, including my boys at Prospec, you rock! And of course I must thank Kay, he's so good at everything: teaching me how to drive, in his management style, in be-

Kay Lon wrote:*clears his throat*

Tomo Kazama wrote:... -rating staff who doesn't do a good job, hehehe. Oh my, I still can't believe it...

the Masked Lapwing wrote:As much as it annoys me, Kay Lon was right, and maybe she'll be a real contender for the title.

Kay Lon wrote:Well, I am the best in the world at what I do, so why are you surprised? I have the eye for talent, since I got so much of it. Tomo will do great things in her future.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Also, just a query TMLW, are you using the same points system for all races now, or still just the top 6 for race 1? The current standings are a bit out as I think you've used the race 2 and 3 system for points won in the first race. Also, a teams standings table would go down a treat! :)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_