Your Reject of the Year - nominations

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Cynon

Re: Your Reject of the Year - nominations

Post by Cynon »

Rob Dylan wrote:Imagine if Keith actually has an account on F1Rejects, is a regular poster, and has been deliberately trolling us with all of his opinion pieces?
I'm standing up

If I was him, I'd egg people on to hate my articles so that every time a new one goes up, mass amounts of "rage" occurs -- until the rage just kind of happens on its own and I don't need to encourage it.

I'm evil sometimes.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

AustralianStig wrote:New nomination for the year - utterly biased articles from major broadcasters: http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/22058 ... son-awards

Sometimes I think Hamilton could be caught torturing puppies and the British press would argue that the puppies had it coming.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
mrfakeboullier

Post by mrfakeboullier »

Captain Hammer wrote:
AustralianStig wrote:New nomination for the year - utterly biased articles from major broadcasters: http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/22058 ... son-awards

Sometimes I think Hamilton could be caught torturing puppies and the British press would argue that the puppies had it coming.

And that it was Rosberg and those bloody Germans ganging up on our Lewis.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Salamander wrote:
Simtek wrote:

I thought Maldonado leaving Williams was the best decision ever. :P Speaking of which, what's with all the jibes at the Reverend in that article? :(

Because Sky is unprofessional as hell, especially when it comes to things that casual fans have strong opinions on, such as the Hamilton/Rosberg title fight and Pastor Maldonado.

I think perhaps the worst award is the 'Surprise driver announcement' one - like seriously!? Anyone who's kept half an eye on GP2 wouldn't have batted an eyelash when Nasr was announced as an F1 driver! As opposed to ESTEBAN GUTIERREZ: FERRARI DRIVER, which I still today cannot take seriously.

You've got to remember also that the reputation and nationality of certain drivers will kick in as well so if Maldonado causes an accident it'll be treated with near Crucifixion whereas if it was a Kobayashi or a Bottas it'd be shaken off as "a bad day in the office", As an example sky and bbc didn't lambast Chilton for knocking out Bianchi in the wake of Marussia's Monaco glory in Canada because he's a Brit. And of course if your a Hamilton fanboy if something affects Rosberg it's because he deserves it and Hamilton is the best but if it's Hamilton then it's all sabotage conspiracy and Hamilton would have won etc.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
Salamander wrote:Because Sky is unprofessional as hell, especially when it comes to things that casual fans have strong opinions on, such as the Hamilton/Rosberg title fight and Pastor Maldonado.

I think perhaps the worst award is the 'Surprise driver announcement' one - like seriously!? Anyone who's kept half an eye on GP2 wouldn't have batted an eyelash when Nasr was announced as an F1 driver! As opposed to ESTEBAN GUTIERREZ: FERRARI DRIVER, which I still today cannot take seriously.

You've got to remember also that the reputation and nationality of certain drivers will kick in as well so if Maldonado causes an accident it'll be treated with near Crucifixion whereas if it was a Kobayashi or a Bottas it'd be shaken off as "a bad day in the office", As an example sky and bbc didn't lambast Chilton for knocking out Bianchi in the wake of Marussia's Monaco glory in Canada because he's a Brit. And of course if your a Hamilton fanboy if something affects Rosberg it's because he deserves it and Hamilton is the best but if it's Hamilton then it's all sabotage conspiracy and Hamilton would have won etc.

This is true... but not in the case of ESTEBAN GUTIÉRREZ: FERRARI DRIVER. Even if he was a boring nationality, say French, it would come with the same shock, no more and no less. The point is how bad he is, not the money.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
girry

Post by girry »

Disagree. Had Ferrari hired Adrian Sutil - everybody would just have been like "well this makes sense for all parties"; yet Esteban was the superior Sauber driver last season, so he's not utterly useless. Plus he brings in the dolla and the rich fat Mexicans who will now want a Ferrari. So, there's nothing conflicting whatsoever between the terms "Esteban Gutiérrez" and "Ferrari driver" in my mind.

....this obviously coming from the only Guti-Guti fanboy on this forum :D
when you're dead people start listening
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

giraurd wrote:Disagree. Had Ferrari hired Adrian Sutil - everybody would just have been like "well this makes sense for all parties"; yet Esteban was the superior Sauber driver last season, so he's not utterly useless. Plus he brings in the dolla and the rich fat Mexicans who will now want a Ferrari. So, there's nothing conflicting whatsoever between the terms "Esteban Gutiérrez" and "Ferrari driver" in my mind.

Sutil and parties is always a dangerous combination.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
UncreativeUsername37

giraurd wrote:Disagree. Had Ferrari hired Adrian Sutil - everybody would just have been like "well this makes sense for all parties"; yet Esteban was the superior Sauber driver last season, so he's not utterly useless. Plus he brings in the dolla and the rich fat Mexicans who will now want a Ferrari. So, there's nothing conflicting whatsoever between the terms "Esteban Gutiérrez" and "Ferrari driver" in my mind.

The better Sauber driver in 2014? Now that's credentials.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:

The better Sauber driver in 2014? Now that's credentials.

I'm not so sure. Adrian did put in two of the best drives of his career in Canada and Austria, finishing 13th both times.
#FreeGonzo
girry

Post by girry »

Well I remember a time not so long ago that mr Sutil was considered for Ferrari [i]race driver[i]...
when you're dead people start listening
mario

Post by mario »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
Salamander wrote:Because Sky is unprofessional as hell, especially when it comes to things that casual fans have strong opinions on, such as the Hamilton/Rosberg title fight and Pastor Maldonado.

This is true... but not in the case of ESTEBAN GUTIÉRREZ: FERRARI DRIVER. Even if he was a boring nationality, say French, it would come with the same shock, no more and no less. The point is how bad he is, not the money.

In the case of Chilton, maybe I am misremembering the commentary, but I am fairly sure that Coulthard did criticise Chilton when he took Bianchi out (he put the full blame onto Chilton and criticised him for what he saw as an over ambitious move, if I recall well).

I do agree, though, that the financial aspect of the deal seems to be the driving factor. One aspect that does seem to highlight that fact is, in the announcement made when Vergne joined Ferrari, was the fact that the statement on Vergne indicates that he has the greater responsibility for development and simulator work than Gutierrez does, suggesting that Ferrari are placing much more faith in Vergne than they are in Gutierrez...
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Since the website is down, I am going to make an executive decision and decide the Reject of the Year. This is not something that I have done by vote, but rather by considering the merits of the arguments put forward for each nomination.

3rd PLACE - SAUBER
An uninspiring driver line-up and a dull car design meant that Sauber's 2014 season was always going to be dour. Finishing behind Marussia was an inglorious end to a disappointing season.

2nd PLACE - THE BRITISH PRESS
Their obvious pro-Hamilton bias was always going to show through this season, but they hit a new low when Martin Brundle - usually a model of professionalism - leaped into the fray.

1st PLACE - KIMI RAIKKONEN
For what well be remembered as the single worst performance by a Ferrari driver in the team's history.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Captain Hammer wrote:Since the website is down, I am going to make an executive decision and decide the Reject of the Year. This is not something that I have done by vote, but rather by considering the merits of the arguments put forward for each nomination.

I, too, am going to make an executive decision and invalidate the previous executive decision. Seriously, official Reject of the Year must be confirmed by one of the Site authors otherwise it is only the F1 Rejects forum Reject of the Year. Obviously, the latter can only be decided by vote and never unilaterally by a member.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

DanielPT wrote:
Captain Hammer wrote:Since the website is down, I am going to make an executive decision and decide the Reject of the Year. This is not something that I have done by vote, but rather by considering the merits of the arguments put forward for each nomination.

I, too, am going to make an executive decision and invalidate the previous executive decision. Seriously, official Reject of the Year must be confirmed by one of the Site authors otherwise it is only the F1 Rejects forum Reject of the Year. Obviously, the latter can only be decided by vote and never unilaterally by a member.

I support this decision. It would also be nice to have official Reject of the Race announcements for the last few races (with the possible exception of Suzuka given the circumstances). We have a lot of catching up to do!
#FreeGonzo
UncreativeUsername37

Captain Hammer wrote:Since the website is down, I am going to make an executive decision and decide the Reject of the Year.

Nope. Only Biscione could theoretically do that, and even that would be more than a bit cheeky.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

DanielPT wrote:

Too bad. What I say goes. That's how you run these things, at least according to our government. Besides, seeing as how forum ROTYs was my brainchild in the first place, I can make executive decisions like that.
UncreativeUsername37

Captain Hammer wrote:Too bad. What I say goes.

Why?

Captain Hammer wrote:That's how you run these things, at least according to our government.

What?

Captain Hammer wrote:Besides, seeing as how forum ROTYs was my brainchild in the first place, I can make executive decisions like that.

Starting something in the forums has nothing to do with the official F1 Rejects Reject of the Year. You do not run f1rejects.com.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Captain Hammer wrote:Too bad. What I say goes. That's how you run these things, at least according to our government. Besides, seeing as how forum ROTYs was my brainchild in the first place, I can make executive decisions like that.

One also keeps running it until it is relieved from duty, your government says. Consider yourself relieved from duty. Also, your forum ROTY is nothing but an unofficial spin on the back of the official ROTY. And you are not yet the owner of ROTY.

Although you can keep imagining that your decision is the official one. I respect that freedom.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

:lol: For a moment I thought the problems in the middle east were something to worry about until I read the above and it became clear that Captain Hammer arbitrarily deciding the results for a value-less set of awards was really something to be concerned about.

Get a grip guys, or are you just annoyed he did it before you had chance to?
Just For One Day...
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Captain Hammer wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

Too bad. What I say goes. That's how you run these things, at least according to our government. Besides, seeing as how forum ROTYs was my brainchild in the first place, I can make executive decisions like that.

No you can't. the people running the forum, of which you aren't, can make executive decisions like that. If you want it to be a F1 Rejects Forum ROTY, then there must be a vote.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Keep your egos in check, boys.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

:lol:

C'mon guys. You should've known by now that I am just messing with Captain here. Everything is fine!
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

DanielPT wrote:C'mon guys. You should've known by now that I am just messing with Captain here. Everything is fine!

I always knew you were a firebrand. Trying to start some sort of 'F1 Rejects Spring' eh?
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:
DanielPT wrote:C'mon guys. You should've known by now that I am just messing with Captain here. Everything is fine!

I always knew you were a firebrand. Trying to start some sort of 'F1 Rejects Spring' eh?

Look who's talking Mr 'I am just taking the piss and trolling DonTirri at the same time"!
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

DanielPT wrote:
CoopsII wrote:

Look who's talking Mr 'I am just taking the piss and trolling DonTirri at the same time"!

When did I 'troll' DT? All I did was share with the group stuff he'd already put on the internet. They were his words I was merely the facilitator. It was you lot who took this piss out of that crappy beard he was trying to grow.
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:When did I 'troll' DT? All I did was share with the group stuff he'd already put on the internet. They were his words I was merely the facilitator. It was you lot who took this piss out of that crappy beard he was trying to grow.

But I wasn't talking about this "All I did was share with the group stuff he'd already put on the internet" kind of stuff. I was talking about "that crappy beard he was trying to grow" kind of stuff. :P

Anyway, I am in no way trying to do a "F1 Forum spring" in here. I was trying a "Je suis F1Rejects" movement here.

Too soon? ;)
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

DanielPT wrote:I was talking about "that crappy beard he was trying to grow" kind of stuff. :P

I quite liked his beard, or whatever it was, and I think some peoples attitudes towards it stemmed from them not being able to grow one yet. As far as that other stuff you mentioned, sheesh, you're on your own with that one pal.
Just For One Day...
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Just when you think the good Captain has pulled off the most unlikeliest of face turns, boom, he's back as a heel. Vince Russo would be impressed with this swerve. :lol:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:
DanielPT wrote:I was talking about "that crappy beard he was trying to grow" kind of stuff. :P

I quite liked his beard, or whatever it was, and I think some peoples attitudes towards it stemmed from them not being able to grow one yet. As far as that other stuff you mentioned, sheesh, you're on your own with that one pal.

You cannot grow a beard? Weird...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

DanielPT wrote:
CoopsII wrote:

You cannot grow a beard? Weird...

Pre-pubescents like Mr Metcalf are unable, as are 99.99% of women...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

I could grow a beard. I could grow a beard right now.
Just For One Day...
UncreativeUsername37

CoopsII wrote:I could grow a beard. I could grow a beard right now.

I'm constantly growing a beard. I couldn't stop if I wanted.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

I'm constantly growing a beard. I couldn't stop if I wanted.

Yes you could. It's called laser hair removal. I knew a bloke who did it in the neck. He had to let it grow quite a bit before. He still shaved the face and jaw during this process. It looked funny.

That's all very impressive, but then why the attitude directed towards the beard growing in DonTirri's face? It's not like it could chose the face where to grow...

dr-baker wrote:Pre-pubescents like Mr Metcalf are unable, as are 99.99% of women...

0.01 per cent, dr-baker? That's a lot! Where do you live? :P
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

The very idea of a Portuguese man using the word 'bloke' makes me happy.
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:The very idea of a Portuguese man using the word 'bloke' makes me happy.

Too much Top Gear.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

DanielPT wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Pre-pubescents like Mr Metcalf are unable, as are 99.99% of women...

0.01 per cent, dr-baker? That's a lot! Where do you live? :P

Essex, south-east England. Renown for beauty parlours. Now we know why?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

I nominate Captain Hammer's attempted coup d'état for Scandal of the Year 2015.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!